5.6 Season Average Rating
Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

makes new threads with tweets in the OP
I thought his cameo was quite decent today. Looked more assured and was moving the ball about with sharp intelligent passing. Still a long way to go to get to the levels he was showing at Dortmund.
Agreed. I think maybe being put on the bench was the chastener he needed. Today, when he came on, he looked less like he was trying not to make a mistake and more like he was trying to make a mark.

Some people are expecting the second coming of Andrei Kanchelskis. I'm not. However, I do wanna see a Man Utd winger try. We've had two years of Dan James looking scared and about half a dozen of Valencia doing the same before that. Lose the ball, take risks, try things, look positive. Just don't get the ball and be a coward.

In recent games Jadon has been playing shy, today he seemed to find some his self-assurance and that's a good sign.

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
He still doesn't look the player I was expecting him to be. Not sure if I got his profile of a player wrong or something. I expected an explosive winger ?
Hes a link up player with excellent control and dribbling and makes really good decisions generally, mature above his years, scores and creates plenty (more top 5 league goals and assists before his 20th birthday than any player other than Mbappe in modern football). He's a pass and move and should help our build up and creativity a lot. He's not an "individual" type player who wants to do it all on his own, which works since Pogba, Bruno, Rashford all want to do that always.

Blood Mage

It's clear to see he's a confidence player and he's not willing to take risks at the moment. A goal or a couple of assists would do him the world of good so we should give him plenty of game time in the cups.

Matt851

Mata was far better than Sancho.

He's been a non-entity so far. Lingard is outshining him...
[/QUOTE]
Weird comparison given mata was signed as a player in his prime and sancho is a 21 year old with a few games under his belt

Everyone should stop gettimg their panties in a twist and give him more time

largelyworried

Think he’s getting there. It might take a while before we see him reach his true level but I’m not worried he’ll do it.

PlayerOne

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
Needs to take the more risky options, it's fine for an attacking player to lose the ball now and then, can't be passing sideways and backwards every time.

Looks like he will need some time to settle in, which is fine as we have decent options to pick from.

Highfather_24

Better today than midweek. Looked dangerous when he had the ball. Needs to be more direct, he has it in him. Will be an useful weapon against tired legs.

GMoore23

I know it's early and all, I'm not judging his ability but I just get vibes from him that he'll never have the drive to become a world class player.He appears extremely laid back, sleepy almost. He's like a much less talented Hazard. I can see him losing all his conditioning every summer break.

redshaw

Looking decent enough with the ball and while yes he's a link up player and will need to adapt a bit with quicker longer passes and individual moments plus United as a team will need to adapt to him as well, he will shine on the counter attack against bigger teams.

It became a bit overstated and a meme about the space for his goals but a lot did come from the high line by German teams. It's not really his speed but his control and accuracy to either score or provide a key pass. We should see this as the season goes on.

mav_9me

Today was the first time he showed glimpses of his play. Esp after we were up 2-1. Pass and move on the counter, he will be sensational there. With time he and the team will figure out how to involve him against the packed defenses.

Red Pumpkin

Supports
Bayern Munchen
Hes a link up player with excellent control and dribbling and makes really good decisions generally, mature above his years, scores and creates plenty (more top 5 league goals and assists before his 20th birthday than any player other than Mbappe in modern football). He's a pass and move and should help our build up and creativity a lot. He's not an "individual" type player who wants to do it all on his own, which works since Pogba, Bruno, Rashford all want to do that always.
This right here. He reminds me of old Ribéry, the Ribéry who lost his burst of pace due to age/injuries/bulking up but was still incredibly efficient due to being super intelligent in the way he used Alabas over laps. Sancho in my view needs his wb to play as a decoy going for the by line dragging a defender with him and preferably would have had Kane rather than Ronaldo up top for the 1-2 release.

ReallyUSA

I know it's early and all, I'm not judging his ability but I just get vibes from him that he'll never have the drive to become a world class player.He appears extremely laid back, sleepy almost. He's like a much less talented Hazard. I can see him losing all his conditioning every summer break.
Melodramatic

Matt851

So many ridiculous statements in one short post. A much less talented hazard, his stats in germany are better than hazards at the same age, despite playing in a better league

bosnian_red

This right here. He reminds me of old Ribéry, the Ribéry who lost his burst of pace due to age/injuries/bulking up but was still incredibly efficient due to being super intelligent in the way he used Alabas over laps. Sancho in my view needs his wb to play as a decoy going for the by line dragging a defender with him and preferably would have had Kane rather than Ronaldo up top for the 1-2 release.
I think his style definitely just needs him to get an understanding with his teammates more, and get used to the league but he'll get there, no doubt. No problem with Ronaldo though, he's a world class poacher and Haaland is the same. He has the movement, Sancho will pick out the runs.

I dont see a 3 of Sancho, Bruno and Pogba working though, they all want to do the same thing. One of them needs to be a wide forward.

marktan

I think his style definitely just needs him to get an understanding with his teammates more, and get used to the league but he'll get there, no doubt. No problem with Ronaldo though, he's a world class poacher and Haaland is the same. He has the movement, Sancho will pick out the runs.

I dont see a 3 of Sancho, Bruno and Pogba working though, they all want to do the same thing. One of them needs to be a wide forward.
The last part is one of the big problems with the signing, imo. All 3 play very similarly looking for the pass. We need a wide player that'll run to the touchline and cut it back for the attackers. Or take a man on. Our style is still way to static and central.

Lukinho

The last part is one of the big problems with the signing, imo. All 3 play very similarly looking for the pass. We need a wide player that'll run to the touchline and cut it back for the attackers. Or take a man on. Our style is still way to static and central.
Hopefully Rashford when he comes back. He is very good in taking a player on

90 + 5min

I hoped for the best but his start is exactly what I thought it could be. Something I've talked about before he came. A player that burst into Bundesliga, dropped of in his second season. Got media intrested and they put him in ManUtd. Woodward wanted a young "star" and he was english. Big money. The pressure on this kid was big before he even put a foot in Manchester.

Playing in Bundesliga is so different to playing in England. Just look at Kagawa, Schurle, Dundee, Boateng, Karius, Mertesacker and lot more players coming and not showing their true potential. Some make it, but majority don't.

I hope that he will become a great player. He is still very young. But so far, he is hiding from the ball. He is playing to simple. And never tries to be direct and attack. Signs are not good at all. RIght now he is not even close to a starting position in my opinion.

bosnian_red

I dont see it as a problem with the signing generally, but Pogba is a big wildcard i guess. I never looked at him as a long term left wing option, I saw it as a stop gap thing and he'd be off but who knows now. Pogba deeper (in a world where we could get it to work), with Rashford on the left and Sancho on the right was the direction I thought we'd go in, and it might be but we'll see.

Crashoutcassius

I hoped for the best but his start is exactly what I thought it could be. Something I've talked about before he came. A player that burst into Bundesliga, dropped of in his second season. Got media intrested and they put him in ManUtd. Woodward wanted a young "star" and he was english. Big money. The pressure on this kid was big before he even put a foot in Manchester.

Playing in Bundesliga is so different to playing in England. Just look at Kagawa, Schurle, Dundee, Boateng, Karius, Mertesacker and lot more players coming and not showing their true potential. Some make it, but majority don't.

I hope that he will become a great player. He is still very young. But so far, he is hiding from the ball. He is playing to simple. And never tries to be direct and attack. Signs are not good at all. RIght now he is not even close to a starting position in my opinion.
I think he put up elite numbers again last season though. I don't have the numbers to hand, but I think they were broadly the best in Europe for an under 23 player, maybe 40+ goal and assists. He has been consistent in Germany.

I do think Dortmund players often seem to have great numbers because they seem to get counter attacking opportunities clubs in England could only dream of. Every second haaland goal seems to be him clean through on goal from the half way line. Goals like that just aren't scored often here

Borys

Statistics Wizard
I can't imagine him hitting those crazy numbers, I guess he had a totally different position at Dortmund? I'm glad we have him, but did he even get close to an assist or a goal?
I think he's quality, but the kind of quality that we don't have a lot of at United (we have mostly very direct players) so I'd expect him to struggle.

The_Midfielder

I can't imagine him hitting those crazy numbers, I guess he had a totally different position at Dortmund? I'm glad we have him, but did he even get close to an assist or a goal?
I think he's quality, but the kind of quality that we don't have a lot of at United (we have mostly very direct players) so I'd expect him to struggle.
Goal yes.. against New castle

GMoore23

So many ridiculous statements in one short post. A much less talented hazard, his stats in Germany are better than hazards at the same age, despite playing in a better league
Hazard at the same age as Sancho hit 20G 18A in Ligue 1
Sancho's best record in Bundesliga is 17G 17A
Also, I wouldn't rate the Bundesliga much higher than Ligue 1

Hazards first season in the premier league was at the same age as Sancho is now and he had 9G 14A.

Also, overall I don't care about stats. I judge with my own eyes and if you think Sancho will ever be on Hazards level your dreaming. I simply noticed Sancho appears to have the similar laid back demeanor as Hazard and like Martial, Long term I have my worries about Sancho.

C'est Moi Cantona

Loads of young players like him have a slow start, (and I'm not even sure he has as we're only 5 games in and he's barely played.)

If he's still looking like this in 4-5 months time, then I'll maybe get a bit concerned, but the guy is just finding his feet with us right now.

Beachryan

More helpful with spreadsheets than Phurry
We had a lot more control when he came on, for about 10 minutes they barely got out of their half. That's in no small part down to his ability to float around, playing nice triangles and creating spaces.

If we can integrate him properly, he's going to be excellent for us.

Trophy Room

Agreed. I think maybe being put on the bench was the chastener he needed. Today, when he came on, he looked less like he was trying not to make a mistake and more like he was trying to make a mark.

Some people are expecting the second coming of Andrei Kanchelskis. I'm not. However, I do wanna see a Man Utd winger try. We've had two years of Dan James looking scared and about half a dozen of Valencia doing the same before that. Lose the ball, take risks, try things, look positive. Just don't get the ball and be a coward.

In recent games Jadon has been playing shy, today he seemed to find some his self-assurance and that's a good sign.
He’s not winger. He’s a forward, needs to find his niche. I don’t think he’ll be a regular starter for a couple of years - may never be one. I’ll be (pleasantly) surprised if he reaches Dortmund numbers at United.

Matt851

Hazard at the same age as Sancho hit 20G 18A in Ligue 1
Sancho's best record in Bundesliga is 17G 17A
Also, I wouldn't rate the Bundesliga much higher than Ligue 1

Hazards first season in the premier league was at the same age as Sancho is now and he had 9G 14A.

Also, overall I don't care about stats. I judge with my own eyes and if you think Sancho will ever be on Hazards level your dreaming. I simply noticed Sancho appears to have the similar laid back demeanor as Hazard and like Martial, Long term I have my worries about Sancho.
Hazard had by far his best ever season on france in his last season at lille but if you look at this stats in the previous seasons they were fairly unremarkable, especially when compared with sanchos

Can't say i am certain how good sancho will be but i am suspicious you are solely basing your assessment on the few games he has played for united. Personally, i prefer to trust what i jave read from german pundits who watched him consistently at dortmund and firmly believe him to be one of the best young players in the world

lex talionis

Ok, i am worried now a bit.
I don’t mean to single you out, but if you’re worried now you should know quite a few footballers need a few games to find their rhythm.

And truth be told, as a squad overall we’re still stuck in second gear.

Robbie Boy

He'll be fine. He's a 21 year old who has just moved for mega money. He's naturally going to be feeling some pressure, and will take time to settle.

Adnan

Talent Spotter
He'll be fine still finding his feet after his big move. Hopefully Diallo will be back soon to lighten the work load.

Stig

He may have the fancy data to compare him to Mata, and all the other facts and figures that we've been given here.

But at the moment all I see is someone who is less effective than Daniel James was.

Hopefully he finds his feet and gets going.

Nicolarra90

Not looking a great fit. He will have to readapt his play style to us, otherwise soon will be behind Amad in the pecking order for RW as he's behind Pogba and surely Rashford in LW.

I know it may look like I'm seriously overrating Amad, but I really think he's going to be world class.

Isotope

Ten Years a Cafite
Or Gundagon and Havertz.
True. So there's a "doubt"? He's more likely a success based on previous experience, but numerous players turn shit/average when moving clubs/leagues also.

Juanuzayne

Give him half a season at least guys. He will come good. He has looked great against CL teams for the last 2 years, so I would not be concerned about his talent not translating from Bundesliga to Prem.

I honestly think the penalty debacle at Euros right before his transfer screwed his head up a bit. Slotting into a Man Utd team shortly after a discouraging summer isn’t an easy task at such a young age. He will get it together because he has the quality.

Status
Not open for further replies.