5.6 Season Average Rating
Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

Nicolarra90

Give him half a season at least guys. He will come good. He has looked great against CL teams for the last 2 years, so I would not be concerned about his talent not translating from Bundesliga to Prem.

I honestly think the penalty debacle at Euros right before his transfer screwed his head up a bit. Slotting into a Man Utd team shortly after a discouraging summer isn’t an easy task at such a young age. He will get it together because he has the quality.
Maybe, but I think it's more of a style problem.
His style is suited for Barcelona or a team like Arsenal. We've always been about fast wingers who run at defenders. That's our philosophy, that's what we want to see, and probably what Ole is or should be aiming.

If he's not that then he will have to adapt. He has the technical quality, but haven't seen him too much to know if he has the pace.

It's very early, hopefully he can turn it around, otherwise he will be like Mata, a great player but never really fit in our style, had good/great seasons, but never a world beater for us.

VP89

Pogba's biggest fan
True. So there's a "doubt"? He's more likely a success based on previous experience, but numerous players turn shit/average when moving clubs/leagues also.
Yeah definitely a doubt, can't deny that.

criticalanalysis

I reckon playing with Rashford might give him the boost he needs. They seem to get on well together. Interesting that he also started slowly last season too.
Rashford would be a boost for everyone in the team. He's our only genuine wide threat with skill to beat players from a standing start, pace to burn behind the defence, power to carry the ball anywhere from the pitch and he contributes massively in assists and goal.

Shaw, Bruno, Ronaldo, Pogba et all would all benefit from his qualities on the pitch.

Isotope

Ten Years a Cafite
Yeah definitely a doubt, can't deny that.
Maybe I'm just spoiled with Varane, Ronaldo, and Bruno's buys; with their instant impacts. I know that they're coming at mature age.
Maybe I'm just desperate for good season this year.

Fortitude

TV/Monitor Expert
Scout
Agreed. I think maybe being put on the bench was the chastener he needed. Today, when he came on, he looked less like he was trying not to make a mistake and more like he was trying to make a mark.

Some people are expecting the second coming of Andrei Kanchelskis. I'm not. However, I do wanna see a Man Utd winger try. We've had two years of Dan James looking scared and about half a dozen of Valencia doing the same before that. Lose the ball, take risks, try things, look positive. Just don't get the ball and be a coward.

In recent games Jadon has been playing shy, today he seemed to find some his self-assurance and that's a good sign.
He's playing - and fairly so - like the player who knows he's the first to be hooked if what he's doing doesn't come off. It is, what I think, obviously temporary until he finds his feet, but at the minute, he's got every reason to think he can't be his expressive, flamboyant self yet.

When we went down to 10 men, he was the hooked player; today he wasn't a starter, and it's probably going to be this way (him being pulled earliest, or coming off the bench) until he settles down and gets a feel for the league and his teammates.

I think if you watched him at Dortmund (not suggesting you haven't/didn't), you know he's capable of far more than he's showing, and where, at Dortmund, he would have no hesitation in playing through balls or making daring link-up, give and go's, he's playing really vanilla, safety first passes in those same positions here. He's also turning back and playing the backwards pass rather than attempt take ons, which are bread and butter to him.

Contrary to statements in here inferring he needs the open space of counter-counter Bundesliga football, he's actually one of the best in the world in condensed space with his intelligence, penchant for using teammates for give and go's as well as his ability to isolate a man and drag another over before releasing the ball etc. he's not even attempting those things here yet; his skillset and approach to the game we've got nothing else like, so it will be great once he gets going.

For all his talent, he's playing like a peripheral player at the moment - like he tends to do with England - but the more he integrates, the more incisive and bold he should become. It's just a wonder to think when he himself will feel comfortable and ready to spread his wings, I just hope we manage to give him some full games instead of subbing him in/out by default. Hopefully that'll expedite the confidence building.

Edgio

Give him time to adjust and find his confidence. Even in the celebrations, he kinda waited politely for everyone else to celebrate before he took his turn. Sure he will integrate fine though, he did in Germany.

NoPace

Hope he wont be another Van de Beek.
I think he'll be good for us because he's such a clever player in the final 3rd and so young, but there does seem to be a similar thing to Van De Beek where he wants to combine and link up and we're not that interested in doing it or too risk-averse and just "give it to Bruno" as a team.

Easy to see him at LW playing well with Shaw as a proper partner and then Rashford or Greenwood on the right.

Bondi77

He's playing - and fairly so - like the player who knows he's the first to be hooked if what he's doing doesn't come off. It is, what I think, obviously temporary until he finds his feet, but at the minute, he's got every reason to think he can't be his expressive, flamboyant self yet.

When we went down to 10 men, he was the hooked player; today he wasn't a starter, and it's probably going to be this way (him being pulled earliest, or coming off the bench) until he settles down and gets a feel for the league and his teammates.

I think if you watched him at Dortmund (not suggesting you haven't/didn't), you know he's capable of far more than he's showing, and where, at Dortmund, he would have no hesitation in playing through balls or making daring link-up, give and go's, he's playing really vanilla, safety first passes in those same positions here. He's also turning back and playing the backwards pass rather than attempt take ons, which are bread and butter to him.

Contrary to statements in here inferring he needs the open space of counter-counter Bundesliga football, he's actually one of the best in the world in condensed space with his intelligence, penchant for using teammates for give and go's as well as his ability to isolate a man and drag another over before releasing the ball etc. he's not even attempting those things here yet; his skillset and approach to the game we've got nothing else like, so it will be great once he gets going.

For all his talent, he's playing like a peripheral player at the moment - like he tends to do with England - but the more he integrates, the more incisive and bold he should become. It's just a wonder to think when he himself will feel comfortable and ready to spread his wings, I just hope we manage to give him some full games instead of subbing him in/out by default. Hopefully that'll expedite the confidence building.
He should get a full 90 next game along with Donny.

Cnaiür urs Skiötha

I am a bit afraid that similarly to Donny he is a player that puzzles Ole. With the arrival of Ronaldo we got 3 very direct players with him, Rashford and Greenwood and Ole seems to feel most comfortable with that. Would be a shame if our 70 Mio player takes the place beside our 40 Mio arrival from last year as Sancho is exactly the type of player I want to see.

M Bison

Supports
York City
I think it’s great that we’ve got enough quality to not put pressure on him and start him every game having only just signed.

I thought Greenwood would get dropped but his performance levels have improved again and looks like one of the first names on the team sheet so is effectively keeping him out of the side.

I thought he looked lively when he came on, although didn’t do a great deal but a difficult game to impact.

He’ll play plenty and be a key player for us over the course of the season, positive of it.

crossy1686

career ending
Give him time to adjust and find his confidence. Even in the celebrations, he kinda waited politely for everyone else to celebrate before he took his turn. Sure he will integrate fine though, he did in Germany.
Yep, this. Let’s remember he just moved from Dortmund to one of the biggest clubs in the world where winning is an expectation. We’re not an underdog story like Dortmund and we have a bunch of huge personalities. Once he settles in he’ll be fine and gets used to the pace of the PL again he’ll be fine.

crossy1686

career ending
I am a bit afraid that similarly to Donny he is a player that puzzles Ole. With the arrival of Ronaldo we got 3 very direct players with him, Rashford and Greenwood and Ole seems to feel most comfortable with that. Would be a shame if our 70 Mio player takes the place beside our 40 Mio arrival from last year as Sancho is exactly the type of player I want to see.
Sancho is a super direct player also. There’s no shame in him taking some time to adjust and Greenwood benching him will be good for him in the long run. He knows what levels he has to get up to if he wants to play, simple as that.

Leonzo1

I have no doubt in my mind he will come good. Not going to worry at least until January. New team, new league. Happens all the time. Reckon he'll score around 5-8 goals in all competitions and assist the same amount.

Fortitude

TV/Monitor Expert
Scout
He should get a full 90 next game along with Donny.
We’ve got Villa and Everton at home in our next 2 PL games after the cup game; I didn’t think West Ham away was a game he’d start (rough away ground not great for a player finding his feet), but there’s the possibility of a run of games now, and even if coming off the bench, I’d hope he’ll be more aggressive and assertive (and penetrative) in his approach.

For his own sake, he needs to make a mark before Rashford gets back, as that’ll be yet another player chomping at the bit for PT and in need of solid, constructive minutes. With Greenwood’s developmental leap, Ronaldo returning and Pogba also vying for the attacking slot, things have really jumped abruptly. In the end, it looks like he and Greenwood will rotate, but he’ll definitely have to match Greenwood’s new bar to not become his understudy, which is a crazy thing to say when talking about a marquee signing. Hopefully they all grow together and we really shouldn’t miss a beat over the hectic portions of the schedule.

RooneyLegend

Well, Pires was also quality.

Found the report btw (still have some doubts about the credibility of it, but he definitely looks more like a playmaking winger in the mold of Mata then I don't know, young Robben, or even Hazard)

Young Mata 2009 - 2014 was very good, even excellent at times, but it would meen he is more of a system type of player then the one who would shine independent of their quality
This is why you just can't take this data analysis systems seriously, clubs need to get to relying on people who can use their eyes. He plays nothing like Mata.

Real Name

He'll be fine. He's a 21 year old who has just moved for mega money. He's naturally going to be feeling some pressure, and will take time to settle.
Impatience here is strange to say it mildly. I mean there are even folks saying he wont be a starter for few years. Based on, what, 5 games?

kirk buttercup

Impatience here is strange to say it mildly. I mean there are even folks saying he wont be a starter for few years. Based on, what, 5 games?
It's a strange one alright , I suppose We have history with Kagawa and Mhiki but I think Sancho is going to be massive for us once he settles and finds his groove. Would be interesting if Ronaldo had the start Sancho has had would be people jumping up and down saying we wasted money or would he be given a longer time to readjust ?

Real Name

It's a strange one alright , I suppose We have history with Kagawa and Mhiki but I think Sancho is going to be massive for us once he settles and finds his groove. Would be interesting if Ronaldo had the start Sancho has had would be people jumping up and down saying we wasted money or would he be given a longer time to readjust ?
Maybe it would have been different given its Ronaldo but nevertheless its like everybody expected Sancho to start firing from all cylinders from the word go and now they have conclusions for the next few years. Or they have doubts already like no player has upped his game after a slow start.

Highfather_24

I remember loads of people saying they expected 30G+A minimum from Sancho this season. I predicted 20.

DoomSlayer

I remember loads of people saying they expected 30G+A minimum from Sancho this season. I predicted 20.
I was certain he will struggle. Imagine if we bought him for £120 million a year ago. :houllier: People would have been expecting Ballon D'or performances from the first game.

Valencia Shin Crosses

Assume he’ll start tomorrow. Let’s see how he looks then. I liked some of the stuff he played towards the end at the weekend, you can tell he’s a brilliant combination player. Will probably work off of Martial which could do well for both.

Main thing for me is seeing him take more players on with confidence. Still feels like he’s a bit deferential when he doesn’t need to be, which is to be expected from a young player in a new team with stats around him.

Lemansky

What I truly dislike about football is the short term ism that rides supporters and media. We buy a huge talent in Sancho, he is 21 years old and comes from another league and some write him off after 5 games played. It’s pretty astonishing. He started pre season with an injury on top of it and adding all this together it’s really not rocket science he started slow. One should not be surprised tough, Messi is apparently also finished because he started slow in France and he is the main contender for the Golden Ball.

Sancho gonna have a top season for us and will be a super player for years at our club.

Mr PG

Sancho will be Bruno level when he gets going. He’s more of a club player like Messi in that it takes time to develop intricate play with his teammates… time you don’t get in the national teams and same reason Messi is taking time to adjust at psg.

Adamsk7

Had a disappointing end to the euros
Came back late
New team, big money
Had a niggling injury
Has played the equivalent of 2.5 full games

Let’s stop worrying please. Guy is class

ExoduS

A lot of you are telling not worry. Easy to say. Actually we had situations even in Fergie's days where players came overhyped and were total sh1t. Not saying that it is not premature to worry about Sancho, but first few games I have seen nothing. Lingard on another hand scored twice and is energetic... sometimes too energetic to get involved.

Van De Beek should have already shown something, he did not, and he is older and more mature player. Hopefully Sancho doesn't do the same. I am hopeful but first impression is meh.

lloyd2wayne

Watched the game again and he did very good when he came on. In 15 minutes he created so much space for his team mates. He made a one two and dribble which led to the pass he made that Zouma fouled CR7 for a penalty that wasn’t given. Had nice dribbles, he made very good passes in general.

I don’t know why people are saying he didn’t have a good game or he wouldn’t fit in here. People are too quick to write off our own but defend other team players.

He’s only 21, give him atleast half a season.

golden_blunder

Site admin. Manchester United fan
Staff
I’m thinking he looks more like a young Mata than an old fashioned winger. I suspect as he gets older his game will be more inside.

brilliant skills, shame he doesn’t have pace. Think how good he’d be (still gonna be a top player obv)

Red Shorts

Forrest Gimp
If he starts tonight, I really hope we see him be more direct. Try and beat the LB/RB on the wing and don't be afraid if you cock it up. I feel there is a fear of making mistakes, but by taking a leaf out of Ronaldo & Fernandes' books we need to take chances around the box.

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
I’m thinking he looks more like a young Mata than an old fashioned winger. I suspect as he gets older his game will be more inside.

brilliant skills, shame he doesn’t have pace. Think how good he’d be (still gonna be a top player obv)
He has plenty of pace, no idea where you're seeing this?

Status
Not open for further replies.