Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

RedRonaldo

Wishes to be oppressed.
Makes you think how much Greenwood is worth on this current market. Got to be well over 100m.

In terms of Sancho, I think he grew into the game as it went on. I'm not worried yet, but of course I can see why there may be slight concern.
Let’s just say if West Ham priced Rice at 100m, and apparently PSG value Mbappe at 180-200m, I’d definitely have Greenwood on 150m+

Baneofthegame

Thought he looked a lot better in the second half, had some nice little exchanges with Martial.

He seems to pick the right pass a lot as well.

P-Nut

fan of well-known French footballer Fabinho
Started the last few seasons slowly, nothing to worry about yet. You can see the quality in flashes, few nice little bits of play yesterday such as the interlinking with Martial to hit the byline, and the ball to Lingard on the break which was much harder to pick out than it looked.

We've been tough to watch and I don't hink we've played well over a course of 90 minutes yet this season. Once he settles and the team plays well as a whole I think he'll shine.

Solius

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Staff
Thought he looked quite good. Ran into spaces well but unfortunately was surrounded by about 4 West Ham players every time.

I'm not sure if people were expecting a kind of Rashford style winger but he's not that. He'll play the smart passes and pop up in good areas but he's not going to be a rapid counter-attacking player.

Redcy

Things are not coming off for him at the moment, but you know what he is working hard, getting into the right places, picking the right options and trying things. You can see his starting to switch on, from memory has always been a bit of a slow starter at BVB. He will come good no doubt, plus he was not helped imo by martials lack of movement, and Lingard not helping him out, but things are starting to happen, and teams are starting to concentrate on him when he has the ball.

GBBQ

Thought he looked quite good. Ran into spaces well but unfortunately was surrounded by about 4 West Ham players every time.

I'm not sure if people were expecting a kind of Rashford style winger but he's not that. He'll play the smart passes and pop up in good areas but he's not going to be a rapid counter-attacking player.
Yeah i reckon the team need to get used to the type of runs and passes he makes as much as Sancho getting used to the team.

BalanceUnAutreJoint

Wingers like him are a dying breed

Great technical ability and good close control with the ball at his feet, sadly he lacks the most important thing in the modern game to play that position : explosiveness.

I see his future in a more central position, just like Messi and Neymar naturally shifted to more central roles once they lost their extra bit of pace.

Surprised to see him trending on Twitter for banter. Yesterday was his best performance so far he made good runs, showed he was starting to understand the team, had a few good moments. I’d say yesterday was promising, a few more matches and I’m certain he’ll have his first breakthrough match with a goal / assist and then more importantly he’ll put in a MOM performance

Highfather_24

I think there are three issues here :

- NGL, he is a bit overrated. He's a great talent, but all the generation talent thing was just fans going overboard. Right now he is not better than Greenwood, Rashford, Grealish, Sterling, Foden etc.

- People just expected a different player. Some thought he was an explosive touchline hugging winger, a Sadio Mane type, and that's just wrong.

- He is a top talent, I have no doubt about it. But he needs to adapt to the PL and our style of play. Bundesliga is just a notch or two below PL imo. I dont think he will ever be a 20G+20A player, probably more of a 10G+10A type player. But he's the type of player you cant just boil down to stats.

He might never end up being a 70M player, but that doesnt mean he is shit. People just need to adjust their expectations and give him some time.

Last edited:

JJ12

Predicted Portugal, Italy to win Euro 2016, 2020
Started to see glimpses of what he is all about, some lovely touches and moves. Something to build on that’s for sure.

Berbasbullet

Too Boring For A Funny Tagline
Thought he was fine last night? He’s gonna take time I think to get used to everyone and vice versa.

Bilbo

TeaBaggins
I'd like to see a touch video of his from last night if anyone has it. To my mind he was quite impressive and it was a decent step forwards in terms of him showing us what he can do. He has excellent vision.

FreddieTheReddie

I didn’t fully watched the game yesterday but but every time I looked he was better then what I saw in previous games. Not brilliant yet, but he looked more active, worked harder, had some good passes and shots. Looked more confident as well. So I was surprised to see so many negative comments, I think he’s slowly starting to tind hos place in the team.

RuudTom83

Yeah he needs a few more games like last night...but he is improving and for now that is all we can ask. A goal or assist will do him a world of good.

Yagami

Good post resistant
I'd like to see a touch video of his from last night if anyone has it. To my mind he was quite impressive and it was a decent step forwards in terms of him showing us what he can do. He has excellent vision.

Donut

He is clearly a very smart player, and there’s no doubt about his technical ability also. He will come good once he gets used to the team and vice-versa, hopefully Ole can figure out if there are any tactical adjustment that need to be made as well.

saivet

I missed the game, so no real feeling for the context of the game but plenty of bright moments. It looks like he started off pretty safe but grew into the game and was probably a 7/10 type of performance, good but nothing more. Looks like an improvement which is the most important thing right now. Hopefully his first assist and/or goal can come soon.

izak

Supports
Glory Glory Red Devils
Vinicious Jr would have been the perfect fit for our style of football, direct, raw pace, strenght and his end product is improving now.

It's Obvious we've been duped by Dortmund, we bought another player with talent but is not a fighter, not strong enough to battle with the like of Coufal.

I hope I'm wrong but this is beginning to look like a waste of £73m very quickly.

DixieDean

Everton Fan
Supports
Everton
To me Sancho always looks neat and tidy instead of explosive and exciting. He's still young, of course, so we will see how he develops.

Josh 76

Vinicious Jr would have been the perfect fit for our style of football, direct, raw pace, strenght and his end product is improving now.

It's Obvious we've been duped by Dortmund, we bought another player with talent but is not a fighter, not strong enough to battle with the like of Coufal.

I hope I'm wrong but this is beginning to look like a waste of £73m very quickly.
The hype around this kid was unbelievable. I can see why fans got carried away, but when Ex players started wanking over him, I was like WTF is going on.

Give him time and he will be an ok player. Nothing more I’m afraid.

thebelfastboy

I thought he played ok last night and it was probably his best performance to date.
Unfortunately for him his first few games have coincided with the rest of the team looking completely bereft of ideas.

He looks like he's got the talent and technical ability, I just hope that he doesn't get shunted and moved around constantly.

Give him a solid run in a settled team and I think he'll come good.

JJ12

Predicted Portugal, Italy to win Euro 2016, 2020

Says the Real Madrid fan.

Sancho has barely played yet ffs and it’s looking like we’ve wasted £73m :lol:

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off
Encouraging. Some of those passes in between the lines, the little body movement to lose the defender and the long cross field pass is something we'll see a lot more off once he fully gels. Still a long way from he's capable of.

amolbhatia50k

:confused:

Woodenlung

It's incredible that after 5 games sweeping judgements are being made about a player.

amolbhatia50k

Thought he looked a lot better in the second half, had some nice little exchanges with Martial.

He seems to pick the right pass a lot as well.
He's much more of a passer than people think. His passing in the final third is superb and hopefully he shows more of that soon.

AltiUn

likes playing with swords after fantasies
Some truly awe inspiring foresight in here. Is this the quickest a United player has ever been written off?

Redcy

weirdly its the same people who say that Martial and Lingard should be given more time usually

Rozay

Master of Hindsight
That’s not really a video of all of his touches, it’s a video of all of his good touches. The less good stuff has all been removed. I remember a poor touch in the first half that killed a counter attack, for example.

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
Im just kind of glad It shows you how much the fans really know, pretending like they should have the club be run their way.

Early signs are not good.
Ironic :lol:

Keep the silly comments coming lads! it's going to be hilarious reading this back by Christmas :D

Yagami

Good post resistant
That’s not really a video of all of his touches, it’s a video of all of his good touches. The less good stuff has all been removed. I remember a poor touch in the first half that killed a counter attack, for example.
It was the longest video I could find so I just assumed it included more moments than the rest. Unfortunately, most of the people who make these videos leave out a lot of a players poorer moments. There was another moment where Sancho was easily muscled off of the ball in our half that was left out, too.

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
Some truly awe inspiring foresight in here. Is this the quickest a United player has ever been written off?
It's like the CAF is a competition to see who can make the most outlandish statement about a player and write them off before anybody else.

Oh and of course once somebody has decided they're rubbish they can never praise them again. It really is getting tiresome to be honest.

I wonder if kids these days just don't understand football away from Fifa?

BlueHaze

I didn't watch the game last night, how did he do? From what I've seen so far I'm getting a bit worried for him. Let me be clear, I still fully believe he will come good with time but as we all know this is a game of confidence and the more games he goes without assists or goals it's obviously going to impact him negatively and a bad cycle could start.

I wasn't expecting him to start off the same way as in bvb we all know germany is childs play compared to England but he needs to start producing before he becomes another Memphis. I believe in Jadon he can do it.

Thebaldingbob

The hype around this kid was unbelievable. I can see why fans got carried away, but when Ex players started wanking over him, I was like WTF is going on.

Give him time and he will be an ok player. Nothing more I’m afraid.
Spot on.
We should have saved the money we spent on him and added enough to buy Haaland.

Fridge chutney

People think Rashford returning will suddenly mean Sancho is forever benched but in reality Rashford will take a few weeks to gain match fitness and sharpness and this forum's ire/disappointment will be transferred to him instead.

Tomuś

Nani is crap, I tell you!
Andre Silva and Modeste had good records there. Probably tells us that anything is possible.
Didn't an already declining Javier Hernandez score 20 plus there? It's a shite league to be fair but it obviously doesn't mean Sancho isn't a brilliant player.

Status
Not open for further replies.