5.6 Season Average Rating
Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

fluxx

He’s quite frustrating to watch, you can see his confidence is very low and he is trying to play it safe whenever he has the ball If it carries on until January I think we should really look at loaning him to a bottom half team like Norwich, Southampton or Newcastle until the end of season so he can regain some confidence and get used to the league more. Once Rashford is back he will go down in the pecking order too so a loan could be a good move.
Are you kidding? 73 mil Sancho on loan at Norwhich? Jesus christ

Sarni

nice guy, unassuming, objective United fan.
Is it? We got Greenwood, Rashford, Ronaldo, Cavani, Pogba and even Lingard who occupy similar spaces and only 3 positions to fit them in. I expect him to get better but if this is his level for the next 10-12 games and we go into January, getting to play consistently could be his best option. Other big clubs have done this with their expensive signings in the past as well.

passing-wind

When you consider the likes of Werner, Havertz it's no surprise his development will be something over the course of a season rather than an instant impact. I've been under the impression he's not at full fitness the last few fixtures, he looks sharper now. I think people undermine how valuable Rashford is on either side of the wings his influence has been missed.

Sarni

Are you kidding? 73 mil Sancho on loan at Norwhich? Jesus christ
Norwich is probably too much but any team that could give him consistent minutes would be fine. Doesn’t really matter how much he cost. If it could be Villa, West Ham or Everton, even better, just get him somewhere where he can play and get some confidence. That’s obviously if he doesn’t improve considerably for the next 3 months which I expect he will. You can see skills are there, confidence clearly isn’t. Throwing him in and out of team when everyone is healthy won’t improve that.

passing-wind

He’s quite frustrating to watch, you can see his confidence is very low and he is trying to play it safe whenever he has the ball If it carries on until January I think we should really look at loaning him to a bottom half team like Norwich, Southampton or Newcastle until the end of season so he can regain some confidence and get used to the league more. Once Rashford is back he will go down in the pecking order too so a loan could be a good move.
One of the most ridiculous post I've come across in a while. It's contradictory to say the player lacks confidence and then make a suggestion to loan him to a newly promoted team :lol:. Sounds like a FIFA strategy rather than a real life one.

Sarni

One of the most ridiculous post I've come across in a while. It's contradictory to say the player lacks confidence and then make a suggestion to loan him to a newly promoted team :lol:. Sounds like a FIFA strategy rather than a real life one.
Yeah I went overboard with Norwich. Any team that could give him minutes, give him a central role in their setup and allow him to build his confidence back would be fine. Similar to what West Ham did for Lingard. I shouldn’t have mentioned Norwich indeed.

The way he’s played so far for us, without significant improvement we won’t be able to give him any serious minutes in the second half season anyway unless we aren’t in the race for anything to be honest.

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
people seriously need to put the beer down and actually watch the match. How anybody can say he played poorly with that first 45 minutes?!

the funny thing is half the people saying he wasn’t good are probably dan james fans that would have been happy if he run the ball out of the pitch 3 times a match.

He was making some excellent runs into the box, he was skinning the full back for fun and helped us build attacks with his quick passing.

People just need to be patient, the numbers will come.

Jim Beam

Gets aroused by men in low socks
Was our best outfield player in the first half (which got lost in a general shitshow that was on display unfortunately). Much more positive, constantly on the front foot and willing to take his man on. Not sure he could do much better in those circumstances.

Faded in the second, but still, it was something he can build upon I hope.

Jordan_mufc

Is it? We got Greenwood, Rashford, Ronaldo, Cavani, Pogba and even Lingard who occupy similar spaces and only 3 positions to fit them in. I expect him to get better but if this is his level for the next 10-12 games and we go into January, getting to play consistently could be his best option. Other big clubs have done this with their expensive signings in the past as well.
Have you ever seen a £70million plus player get loaned out to a bottom half club 4 months into their time at a new club. Like ever?

Ali Dia

Souness's Super Sub/George Weahs Talented Cousin
He is only like Mata if played on the left. Rashford, who fits Ole’s style of trying to do everything really quickly and in moments, will replace him there within weeks.
I think you’re right. Rashford drove me mad last year but if he’s fit and mobile he won’t have much hassle beating Sancho out for the LW. Fully fit Rasford is one of our best players to be fair. Mason has slightly dropped off again in the last few games so I can see Sancho going back over there for a crack at it after the internationals. It’s a good problem to have. I’m not worried at all. He’ll catch some creative form on either side before the end of the season and that’s a sensible enough timeline given the change of styles and surroundings.

Blood Mage

Better but still not quite there yet. He actually made a couple of successful take-ons today at least, baby steps.

Sarni

Have you ever seen a £70million plus player get loaned out to a bottom half club 4 months into their time at a new club. Like ever?
His price tag is completely irrelevant. We have a £40m midfielder glued to our bench because we can’t give him any minutes, if Sancho can’t find time on the pitch after Rashford’s return a short loan could be good for him that’s all. I’m not saying let’s sell him for £4m to Reading, just that we may be in a situation where we have to play players who are more in form and more confident - especially if we are competing for trophies in Jan to May. In that case a short loan spell at a club that can give him time and allow him to be a focal point of their attack could help him. Our front 3 is extremely overloaded with talent.

kundalini

I thought he was poor. Lost possession cheaply, often out-muscled, wasted a huge chance just after Telles scored, when Greenwood passed to him. Defensively he tries some of the time but even then is usually ineffective.

I'm generally sceptical about incoming transfers but I wasn't prepared for just how bad he has been.

the chameleon

I think that's the oddest thing I've ever heard. Thank god you're not anywhere near the decision-making. A 70m signing going on loan after 4 months haha! Haha! That would draw too much negative attention, potentially destroy his psyche. He is already showing glimpses of his ability. It's always the obvious metrics such as goals and assists. Players need to adjust to a new league, get to know their surroundings. Especially when they join a club like ours. He's 21 and will come good, sometimes you have to invest energy into a player.

Rozay

Master of Hindsight
I think you’re right. Rashford drove me mad last year but if he’s fit and mobile he won’t have much hassle beating Sancho out for the LW. Fully fit Rasford is one of our best players to be fair. Mason has slightly dropped off again in the last few games so I can see Sancho going back over there for a crack at it after the internationals. It’s a good problem to have. I’m not worried at all. He’ll catch some creative form on either side before the end of the season and that’s a sensible enough timeline given the change of styles and surroundings.
I personally can’t see any circumstance where Sancho proves to be a better right-sided option than Greenwood - but we never know.

We’ll have to see. I maintain that he shouldn’t have been signed. I don’t see us as the right match for each other, and he’s certainly not a right winger to me, or a winger at all in the United sense of the word. When he is at his best he is fantastic though, although that level has yet to be seen anywhere outside of the Bundesliga so some questions will remain.

Sarni

I think that's the oddest thing I've ever heard. Thank god you're not anywhere near the decision-making. A 70m signing going on loan after 4 months haha! Haha! That would draw too much negative attention, potentially destroy his psyche. He is already showing glimpses of his ability. It's always the obvious metrics such as goals and assists. Players need to adjust to a new league, get to know their surroundings. Especially when they join a club like ours. He's 21 and will come good, sometimes you have to invest energy into a player.
Well the worst thing we could do for him is to get attached to his price tag and base our decisions around that. He’s 21, he has time to come good here and he’s clearly talented but looks super scared to do anything right now. He’s come to the club for a massive fee after Euros that may have not been a particularly amazing experience from his perspective.

I expect him to improve and come good for us. If it doesn’t happen by Winter and we go into a crucial part of season with him still being a bit off, with the abundance of talent that we have up front, a short loan move could be great for him. Assuming Ronaldo plays basically every game, the other two spots go to two of Rashford, Greenwood, Sancho, Pogba, Cavani, Lingard - whoever is in best form. Good players will miss out on game time.

CloneMC16

Played well in the first half. He was our best attacking player. Best he's done for us so far. I think he faded in the second half. I would have kept him on, but I understand why Ole subbed him. He will get there.

Valencia Shin Crosses

Thought he was one of our more sharper players in the first half. Just seems like he gets crowded on the left when Pogba and Bruno both want to be over there as well. I suspect he’ll come alive when played on the right a bit more (or centrally, but we all know Bruno is never being dropped for even a game in that spot).

RazorOz

Not that it's saying much because the performance was dismal, but at the time he left the pitch I actually thought he had been our best attacking player. He was the only one who seemed to actually have the beating of his man, and compared to previous performances was working harder and won the ball back a few times. He doesn't really seem in sync with any of our other players though yet, a lot of the quick passing moves aren't paying off like they're not on the same page, and other players aren't seeing his runs a lot either.

Something that has to be bared in mind is we are not functioning at all as an attacking team right now, no matter who plays pretty much. Sancho didn't play a minute at the weekend, and we lacked any creative spark, tonight we again really lacked any creative spark. The problems go bigger than the players right now, we simply aren't functioning as a team whoever the personnel is right now.

Reactions: Dargonk

Dec9003

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
I thought he was good, and I think he’s going to be a big player for us in the future. He’s a proper winger, he wants to take his fullback on and make things happen, the perfect style of player for our club I think. Once he’s settled and maybe when we can get two lads in the box more often he will do great I think.

Alfie092

6/10 performance. Feel that's what he has been in the games he has been involved in. I will drop it down to a 5 based on his price tag and expectations.

Still believe he will come good but that not even be this season so we got to be patient...

pogs

United is a loosely organized counter attacking team that relies on individual brilliance - Sancho will not excel in this team as pace isn't his strongest trait. simple.

RedCurry

Both Sancho and Greenwood need constant overlapping wing backs to get the best out of them. Every time they cut in, they are basically fecked because they are on their own and have to try and dribble half of the opposition team.

TsuWave

I’m so glad you guys are nowhere near the decision making hierarchy of this club. Actually scary to read some of these posts.

Coops73

Played really well tonight and if it wasn’t for de Gea my MOTM but I noticed Bruno really dig him out a few times.

Yes Bruno is a winner and demands the best from everyone but I’m not sure it’s always the best way to get the best out of some people and I hope it’s not affecting Sanchos overall performances.

I think we’re going to start to see the best of Sancho soon. Fingers crossed.

Real Name

Well the worst thing we could do for him is to get attached to his price tag and base our decisions around that. He’s 21, he has time to come good here and he’s clearly talented but looks super scared to do anything right now. He’s come to the club for a massive fee after Euros that may have not been a particularly amazing experience from his perspective.

I expect him to improve and come good for us. If it doesn’t happen by Winter and we go into a crucial part of season with him still being a bit off, with the abundance of talent that we have up front, a short loan move could be great for him. Assuming Ronaldo plays basically every game, the other two spots go to two of Rashford, Greenwood, Sancho, Pogba, Cavani, Lingard - whoever is in best form. Good players will miss out on game time.
Oh come on now, that's just silly.

GazTheLegend

Norwich is probably too much but any team that could give him consistent minutes would be fine. Doesn’t really matter how much he cost. If it could be Villa, West Ham or Everton, even better, just get him somewhere where he can play and get some confidence. That’s obviously if he doesn’t improve considerably for the next 3 months which I expect he will. You can see skills are there, confidence clearly isn’t. Throwing him in and out of team when everyone is healthy won’t improve that.
This is absolute and total nonsense. We are not going to loan out a 73million signing based on half a dozen matches.

Sancho was a bright spark in a dark first half for me. He beat his man consistently and caused the few problems we made. The ball looks like it's glued to his feet sometimes. He will get there.

Carl

has permanently erect nipples
As a unit we're playing pretty poorly with no attacking rhythm, so it's no surprise that Sancho has been underwhelming at best.

I do hope he comes good. His numbers from Germany show that he's quite clearly capable and has talent, but he wouldn't be the first to come from Germany after having posted big numbers but struggled in the PL.

For me Ole is using him about right at the moment. Easing him in until his performances mean he has to start. But if we're being honest about it, if the likes of Lingard, Dan James, Martial or Rashford were putting in performances of the same level there wouldn't be nearly as many kind posts.

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
I thought he was poor. Lost possession cheaply, often out-muscled, wasted a huge chance just after Telles scored, when Greenwood passed to him. Defensively he tries some of the time but even then is usually ineffective.

I'm generally sceptical about incoming transfers but I wasn't prepared for just how bad he has been.
Absolute rubbish. He defended very well today. He chased back and won plenty of tackles. To say he was ineffective makes me wonder if you can remember more than 45 minutes at a time?

Nou_Camp99

what would Souness do?
He's starting to show a few glimpses here and there but it's not been an impressive start from him at all. I honestly think the culture shock from Bundesliga defending to PL defending is a big part of it. The naivety from German teams is incredible. They all seem to play a high line where in England hardly anyone does.

He's got loads of time to improve and he will do but I don't think he's the 'superstar' he was made out to be either.

Rashford scored 20 a season from the left and gets 12-15 assists so he needs to improve quickly. And personally I think Greenwood is a better player than him too so he's going to have to seriously up his game if he wants regular game time.

romufc

I think yesterday was one of his best performances for us yet, even then he didn't do much and should have scored a goal.

I think the team don't know how he plays yet, he made quite a few runs in behind and was constantly ignored by the team mates opting for a back or side ways pass.

Status
Not open for further replies.