Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

Majima

Supports
Ralf Rangnick.
People keep saying he's a right winger playing out of position, but wasn't it shown that his stats were better off the left than the right or am I making that up?

Somehow I don't feel that position has much to do with things at the moment, it doesn't seem like it's causing him the issues. In fact I would say right wing is a harder position to come into because our right side is a bit of a wasteland.
Yes his best position is undeniably from the left. That's where he's had his best stats from. At Dortmund:

19/20:

RW: 21 games, 8 goals, 11 assists.
LW: 11 games, 8 goals, 7 assists.

20/21:

LW: 15 games, 9 goals, 8 assists.
RW: 14 games, 5 goals, 9 assists.

Position is definately not the problem, his problem is the adjustment moving from a well coached side like Dortmund to... us. He's playing wide on the left without much support around him. That's not his game, he's not a runner like a Rashford. He cuts inside and drifts, playing neat 1-2's, similar to how Hazard was at Chelsea. Take the weekend, he was very lively vs Everton, but they were able to crowd him out with 2/3 players every single time. He'd beat a man, then there was another right on him, with no-one to support him. It was the same story vs. Villareal too. We're never going to see the best of him if it's like that.

Last edited:

Ali Dia

Souness's Super Sub/George Weahs Talented Cousin
I must honestly say that I have trouble processing and comprehending a large part of the posting that goes on in this thread. Some of it, I'm shocked to say much of it, it utterly, utterly bizarre. Don't know what to say about this.
Are really that many of you completely incapable of being just a little rational and observant, even just a little patient and supportive, and even just a little happy?
Too many on here incapable of long term thinking. It’s G/A and you’re literally only as good as your last 3 games. No context required whatsoever. The highs and lows of internet fandom. He’s back in the tough love Southgate setup. I think if he gets any meaningful minutes for England and scores it’ll kick start his season but I think he probably needs to break his duck here before he starts getting the love at international level. Some of those teams they play are borderline semi professional in comparison. Great for racking up stats and confidence. Looking forward to seeing how he develops this season. He’s a super talent!

tomaldinho1

I must honestly say that I have trouble processing and comprehending a large part of the posting that goes on in this thread. Some of it, I'm shocked to say much of it, it utterly, utterly bizarre. Don't know what to say about this.
Are really that many of you completely incapable of being just a little rational and observant, even just a little patient and supportive, and even just a little happy?
He's class. I feel like people complaining he's slow just didn't watch him in the BL. Firstly he's not slow he's just not out and out rapid like Son, Rashford or Salah but what I liked about him is decision making was already there for a young player, his finishing is good and whilst he has nice tricks and flicks and can stand up a defender, his game isn't reliant on that. He will be a success for United.

GlasgowCeltic

People keep saying he's a right winger playing out of position, but wasn't it shown that his stats were better off the left than the right or am I making that up?

Somehow I don't feel that position has much to do with things at the moment, it doesn't seem like it's causing him the issues. In fact I would say right wing is a harder position to come into because our right side is a bit of a wasteland.
Yeah he's not the "out and out" right winger people were hoping for at all, he belongs on the left. With that said I'm interested to see how him and Rashford function together because on one hand they seem a potentially brilliant pair, on the other one will surely always be out of position

Hansi Fick

Supports
FC Bayern
He's class. I feel like people complaining he's slow just didn't watch him in the BL. Firstly he's not slow he's just not out and out rapid like Son, Rashford or Salah but what I liked about him is decision making was already there for a young player, his finishing is good and whilst he has nice tricks and flicks and can stand up a defender, his game isn't reliant on that. He will be a success for United.
Think he might not be fully fit, honestly, just from seeing the highlights. He does seem slightly more sluggish than I know he can be. Post international tournament hangover maybe.
Apart from that, yeah I've said it many times (too often probably, I will stop), absolutely stunning talent and a signing to be truly jealous of.

Siezard

Is Sancho the best dribbler for an Englishman?

He has bags of talents and is able to dribble really well.

Grealish comes to mind but Grealish is injury prone and he falls easily instead of taking on defenders.

RedRonaldo

Wishes to be oppressed.
Is Sancho the best dribbler for an Englishman?

He has bags of talents and is able to dribble really well.

Grealish comes to mind but Grealish is injury prone and he falls easily instead of taking on defenders.
Sterling is definitely better. I think Rashford is better too. Grealish looks better to me in PL and for England.

reelworld

Take the weekend, he was very lively vs Everton, but they were able to crowd him out with 2/3 players every single time. He'd beat a man, then there was another right on him, with no-one to support him. It was the same story vs. Villareal too. We're never going to see the best of him if it's like that.
This is what I'm afraid of. United current setup and tactics is enabling Sancho to show his full abilities.
Unless there's a massive way in how we played, I doubt he'll be making much impact. And that's not on him

Good chance to watch what style of player he is tonight. Playing against poor opposition (Andorra).

He has been the best player on the pitch so far IMO.

RPT_Reddevil

Edgy end to the half. Sancho a bit frustrated specially after the booking. Altercations after the whistle in the tunnel as well.

Overall a decent half for Sancho. Nice assist as well.

Glorio

From his last few performances I think he's making the switch from coasting and getting used to his surroundings, to actually looking to influence games. He's been playing with a lot more intent.

Bubz27

No I won’t change your tag line
2 assists and caused a torn hamstring by making a pensioner chase him. Great nights work for Jason.

luck&neat

Neither ITV commentary or BBC live text really discussing or noting Sanchos work on his 2 assists further than mentioning he was involved.

Just seems a bit odd as I think he did brilliantly for both

Dve

Yes his best position is undeniably from the left. That's where he's had his best stats from. At Dortmund:

19/20:

RW: 21 games, 8 goals, 11 assists.
LW: 11 games, 8 goals, 7 assists.

20/21:

LW: 15 games, 9 goals, 8 assists.
RW: 14 games, 5 goals, 9 assists.

Position is definately not the problem, his problem is the adjustment moving from a well coached side like Dortmund to... us. He's playing wide on the left without much support around him. That's not his game, he's not a runner like a Rashford. He cuts inside and drifts, playing neat 1-2's, similar to how Hazard was at Chelsea. Take the weekend, he was very lively vs Everton, but they were able to crowd him out with 2/3 players every single time. He'd beat a man, then there was another right on him, with no-one to support him. It was the same story vs. Villareal too. We're never going to see the best of him if it's like that.
Oh, give it a break, will you. At this time of the year last season, the "well coached" side had Sancho on the bench and people were starting talking about him being finished.

I´m not surprised that he´s had a slow start for us as he tends to start every season the same way (fitness issues). Now he´s getting better every game and he´ll be a brilliant player for us, just wait for it.

Matst1

Neither ITV commentary or BBC live text really discussing or noting Sanchos work on his 2 assists further than mentioning he was involved.

Just seems a bit odd as I think he did brilliantly for both
All the commentator said after the first goal was "thats his first assist since joining united" but creamed himself every time Saka or Foden touched the ball

Mockney

Not the only poster to be named Poster of the Year
He looked good. Admittedly it was against Andorra and in a stadium you could jib in but sitting on a small hill, but you work with what you’re given

Ali Dia

Souness's Super Sub/George Weahs Talented Cousin
England genuinely have 20 class players that would get into most other teams. Stacked. They still have a problem with central midfield though at the highest level. Hopefully for them Bellingham is able to mind the ball and Rice becomes the player many on here think he will because that could be a good duo.

Bobski

Poor opposition but there has been a clear progression over his last 3 performances after a worrying start, looks fitter. After this international break is when Utd career should really begin.

laughtersassassin

He will start playing great for us when we start controlling games.

As long as we aren't he will be hit or miss but by no fault of his own.

Borys

Statistics Wizard
Sterling is definitely better. I think Rashford is better too. Grealish looks better to me in PL and for England.
Rashford is definitely not particularly good at dribbling.
He's good at running with the ball if given space, but not at beating players in congested areas.
Agree about the rest.

Majima

Supports
Ralf Rangnick.
Oh, give it a break, will you. At this time of the year last season, the "well coached" side had Sancho on the bench and people were starting talking about him being finished.

I´m not surprised that he´s had a slow start for us as he tends to start every season the same way (fitness issues). Now he´s getting better every game and he´ll be a brilliant player for us, just wait for it.
You never actually read the rest of my post did you? I said he's already been playing well, just that he has been left isolated so far, allowing teams to double up on him on his every touch. Have you not seen his matches played here or something?

Shaw has been terrible this season, and has fallen back into bad habits. He was literally standing behind watching Sancho get doubled up on by Everton. Not once did he offer support by overlapping, or linking up with 1-2's. Whenever Sancho gave it to Shaw he passed it infield instead every time.

Majima

Supports
Ralf Rangnick.

True. Everton was a perfect example of it. He was actually very good individually, but he got zero support at all, so they crowded him out every time. Through his talent, even with two players on him he would then beat a man, but there was no-one near him, so another Everton defender would come across, and the danger would be gone. I thought Shaw was especially poor vs. Everton. He stood behind him watching this happen, never offering any support by overlapping, or linking up with 1-2's like we've seen him do in the past.

Blood Mage

This is what I think too. He's a bit of a luxury player (albeit a very exciting one) who is pointless in a team that can't dominate a match. He'll come good when we sort our hilariously unbalanced midfield out.

RedRonaldo

Wishes to be oppressed.
He's good at running with the ball if given space, but not at beating players in congested areas.
Agree about the rest.
I don't know how good Sancho's dribbling was in Dortmund, but at least in England and in PL, from what I've seen, I think Rashford is better at beating the players.

laughtersassassin

I don't know how good Sancho's dribbling was in Dortmund, but at least in England and in PL, from what I've seen, I think Rashford is better at beating the players.
Rashford is better because he has pure pace. Sancho gets past people with body feints mostly

Siezard

Sancho seems like a left n right wing Pogba but he is faster. He also dribbles more. He looks like he will become the next assist king.

Last edited:

MDFC Manager

Agree about the rest.
That's untrue. Yes, Rashford has a different dribbling style but beats people for fun when he's on it.

Dve

You never actually read the rest of my post did you? I said he's already been playing well, just that he has been left isolated so far, allowing teams to double up on him on his every touch. Have you not seen his matches played here or something?

Shaw has been terrible this season, and has fallen back into bad habits. He was literally standing behind watching Sancho get doubled up on by Everton. Not once did he offer support by overlapping, or linking up with 1-2's. Whenever Sancho gave it to Shaw he passed it infield instead every time.
Sure I did, and your main point seem to be that Sancho has had a struggling start of the season due to bad coaching, in different to good coaching at Dortmund. In reality, Sancho´s lack of form has been materialised through bad final balls and finishing. If he had been able to deliver passes and shots up to his best standards, he would have had a couple of goals and a few assists already, and nobody would be complaining. I do understand thought that it is very popular these days to blame every bad involvement on the pitch on the coaches. Wingers will run into blind corridors from time to time and I´ve seen him in this situation many times also for Dortmund. Even yesterday against Andorra, where he was still able to find a way out.

Last edited:

Becks00

Agree about the rest.
I used to believe this before as well but Rashford of the past 2 years as clearly improved immensely at dribbling and is clearly one of the best players at it in the epl. He uses way more body feints in his dribbling now and of course his pace is always an asset.

Majima

Supports
Ralf Rangnick.
Sure I did, and your main point seem to be that Sancho has had a struggling start of the season due to bad coaching, in different to good coaching at Dortmund. In reality, Sancho´s lack of form has been materialised through bad final balls and finishing. If he had been able to deliver passes and shots up to his best standards, he would have had a couple of goals and a few assists already, and nobody would be complaining. I do understand thought that it is very popular these days to blame every bad involvement on the pitch on the coaches. Wingers will run into blind corridors from time to time and I´ve seen him in this situation many times also for Dortmund. Even yesterday against Andorra, where he was still able to find a way out.
Sure I did, and your main point seem to be that Sancho has had a struggling start of the season due to bad coaching, in different to good coaching at Dortmund.
In a 1v2 situation, If he still hasn't got any support even after he manages to beat a man and escape, then what do you call that?
Sancho´s lack of form has been materialised through bad final balls and finishing. If he had been able to deliver passes and shots up to his best standards, he would have had a couple of goals and a few assists already, and nobody would be complaining. I do understand thought that it is very popular these days to blame every bad involvement on the pitch on the coaches.
I don't agree. The same problems would still be there even if so. So no, I would still be saying it. You cannot ignore him being left isolated against multiple defenders in his games played, and say ah he's not up to speed yet. Every player in the world not named Messi will struggle in those circumstances. Just because he may have done the unlikely, and still been productive, doesn't mean the problems don't exist. My whole point is that he's been setup to fail essentially so far.
Wingers will run into blind corridors from time to time and I´ve seen him in this situation many times also for Dortmund. Even yesterday against Andorra, where he was still able to find a way out.
I've got no problem with him running into blind corridors time to time that's normal.What's not normal however is seeing Shaw literally every time standing behind him watching him struggle without offering any support like a full-back should. Not once did he offer the overlap or link up with 1-2's. That's not right is it? Finally let's be real, there's a difference managing to overcome multiple defenders on his own up against Andorra, than quality defenders in the Premier League/Champtions League.

Last edited:

Dve

In a 1v2 situation, If he still hasn't got any support even after he manages to beat a man and escape, then what do you call that?

I don't agree. The same problems would still be there even if so. So no, I would still be saying it. You cannot ignore him being left isolated against multiple defenders in his games played, and say ah he's not up to speed yet. Every player in the world not named Messi will struggle in those circumstances. Just because he may have done the unlikely, and still been productive, doesn't mean the problems don't exist. My whole point is that he's been setup to fail essentially so far.

I've got no problem with him running into blind corridors time to time that's normal.What's not normal however is seeing Shaw literally every time standing behind him watching him struggle without offering any support like a full-back should. Not once did he offer the overlap or link up with 1-2's. That's not right is it? Finally let's be real, there's a difference managing to overcome multiple defenders on his own up against Andorra, than quality defenders in the Premier League/Champtions League.
You´re exaggerating. You talk as if Sancho has found himself trapped in blind corridors all of the time, which he hasn´t. The way we play, we always seek to create room for our wide men by playing up centrally, and Sancho has been in good positions for providing assists several times, but his final ball has let him down a bit initially. And Shaw has been ok offensively this season, it´s mainly his defending that has been a big crap.

SonyaCross493

I think Sancho has to start against Leicester, he is the assist king. We badly need creativity and I think playing both Rashford and Greenwood is not giving you creativity.

Status
Not open for further replies.