5.6 Season Average Rating
Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

Siezard

Yes Sancho should start. He's the winger United has been looking for in the past 5 years.

Betson

Yes he should start , he is not going to settle and get any momentum going by sitting out most games on the bench.

He needs a run of games but he also needs to start performing consistently when he gets these games as there is a lot of competition in the squad upfront for starting places now. Once Rashford gets back up to speed and he gets back his pre injury form he will be a nailed on starter.

SonyaCross493

Sancho needs a run of games, he doesn't need to be rotated with Rashford or Greenwood when he's a much better winger than both of them put together.

He needs game-time. He will get loads of assists.

It should be Sancho and either Rashford/Greenwood to bring balance to the side otherwise you have too many strikers and no creativity.

I fear Ole will keep rotating every-game though instead of keeping a settled team. Which could mean more draws and losses as you upset the rhythm. Ole is a people pleaser and because he's got so many attacking options, instead of being ruthless like Sir Alex had to be he will rotate too much to keep players happy at the expense of results for the team. I hope I'm wrong but Cardiff fans didn't call him the Tinkerman for nothing! And he has more attacking options here..

Last edited:

steve.crowford

People jumping on Sancho is the absolute height of being reactionary and clueless. As if every player is supposed to be Bruno. He's going to be an amazing player and more importantly he brings something no one else has in the squad. I genuinely believe he can be a Hazard or even Hazard+

Rocksy

Supports
Blackburn Rovers
Transfer Window podcast (personally, I think Castles is credible, definitely not McGarry)…

Reckon United’s players not impressed with Sancho in training, or on the pitch. Mention a lack of work rate/application. Also reckon that the coaching staff are concerned about his lack of pace.

I wouldn’t be too worried, he’s fast over short distances and is quality but I can see how United’s staff might scout someone for years and only notice that he’s not Mbappe speed when he’s in the door. I think the issue with Sancho is that he’s a very modern player, and one who’s used to being coached in proper detail. Personally I think that’s a bit weak when you compare it to players in the 90’s who could take a bit more responsibility but thats how it is. Surely if United can’t get a proper tune out of him it’s time to really look at the coaching set up. “Go and express yourself” doesn’t cut it with a lot of players nowadays…

Leicester 4:2 Man Utd

MikeUpNorth

Wobbles like a massive pair of tits
Hmmmmm. I don't see a lot there. This has all the hallmarks of a trademark expensive flop signing from Dortmund.

Hope I'm wrong.

RedRonaldo

Wishes to be oppressed.
Sorry I think his time in starting line up is done. He has to sit on the bench from now on, done absolutely nothing on the pitch so far, probably becoming leading contender of biggest flop in PL this season. Mkhitaryan and Kagawa were better than him during their time in United, and they were considered flop, no kidding.

JG3001

Poorly coached, I don’t buy the new league, bedding in excuse, his Dortmund record speaks for itself. You don’t just turn shite going to a new team.

If DVB outlasts the manager, I imagine he’ll start looking far better as well.

el3mel

Are you telling me we actually paid 90m for 2-3 moments a game ? And that people actually were pissed off at the board for not fecking paying 120m for him one year earlier ?

El Zoido

The entire team is playing like shit, it’s a big ask for him to come in to this team and make a difference. He needed to come in to a settled side, not one where he’s expected to change everything. We’re paying a small outlay over several seasons so he can develop, and right now this is not the right environment for him.

Frank White

Poorly coached, I don’t buy the new league, bedding in excuse, his Dortmund record speaks for itself. You don’t just turn shite going to a new team.

If DVB outlasts the manager, I imagine he’ll start looking far better as well.
Been said multiple times but didn’t he suffer the same last season and the excuses attributed to that was “he didn’t get his move” don’t really think he did much wrong today, he just didn’t do anything and it’s happening far too often for him to remain in the team especially with Rashford back.

Rocksy

Supports
Blackburn Rovers
I don’t think he’ll come good unless you get a proper coach in. He tore it up at Dortmund but it’s very structured there and you have very fixed roles. It’s a bit weak that some of the best players nowadays are so particular, but that’s the way it is and the way to deal with it is to have a coach who knows what he’s doing technically and in terms of set up.

marktan

I'm not a big fan of his but I thought he looked decent, some good runs and passes. His acceleration isn't great but his close control means when he's running fast, he's usually a threat. He just needs to do it more. Start wide and get running at defenders.

The problem is the price tag. Dortmund have always been a red-herring when it comes to stats, they score almost double the league goals of an average PL team, and that's in 34 games vs 38. There's a reason why every 17 year old that goes there looks good.

sewey89

Incorrectly predicted the de Jong transfer 2022
Poor again today, after a couple of bright performances, but they were all poor today. They need a chance under a better manager, one with an actual plan.

spiriticon

70 million to stick him on the left wing where we already have 3 good players vying for the spot.

If I knew Ole was wanting to play him on the left, I would never have been up for this signing. What a fecking idiotic transfer.

JG3001

Been said multiple times but didn’t he suffer the same last season and the excuses attributed to that was “he didn’t get his move” don’t really think he did much wrong today, he just didn’t do anything and it’s happening far too often for him to remain in the team especially with Rashford back.
Don’t get me wrong, he’s been a massive letdown when you consider the outlay, I’m not gonna defend his performances and Rashford should start the next few games. But like quite a few of our players, he looks lost in regards to what he is supposed to be doing.

I’m not gonna jump on the bandwagon of saying he’s a flop already, ironically, the “it’s only 7 games why kneejerk” thread would make a lot more sense if it was about Sancho, not the manager whose had 3.5 years to make us look like 11 lads meeting up for a kick about.

Tony247

Why Ole keeps playing him on left, greenwood and sancho don't even swap during the game.

Big Ben Foster

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
Supports
Also support Vasco da Gama
To paraphrase a famous quote, "it's the coaching, stupid!"

I still think he can be brilliant for us, but he won't amount to much under the current staff.

Frank White

70 million to stick him on the left wing where we already have 3 good players vying for the spot.

If I knew Ole was wanting to play him on the left, I would never have been up for this signing. What a fecking idiotic transfer.
Who’s the 3?

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off
Feel for him. He's playing with fear and a complete lack of self belief.

bond19821982

Last Man Standing champion 2019/20
Im not judging anyone until a new manager comes in. Fecking Ronaldo can't touch the ball . How exactly am I going to judge a 21 year old kids first season at United

rimaldo

All about the essence
Supports
arsenal
Sorry I think his time in starting line up is done. He has to sit on the bench from now on, done absolutely nothing on the pitch so far, probably becoming leading contender of biggest flop in PL this season. Mkhitaryan and Kagawa were better than him during their time in United, and they were considered flop, no kidding.
yep. if he scored a hatrick today we win 4-5. time to get rid.

RedRoach

I think he is a top player in the right system, but we won't see the best of him without a change of coach and system unfortunately.

RedRonaldo

Wishes to be oppressed.
I’d rather we play Diallo, who has impressed far more than Sancho here.

Sancho maybe a good player under right system elsewhere in another league, but I am afraid he is not right type of player for us.

KeanoMagicHat

Why Ole keeps playing him on left, greenwood and sancho don't even swap during the game.
Yeah seriously what’s the point of him on the left when he was bought to sort out the right side. We are one of the most stacked teams on left wing in the world, madness.

Also we have too many selfish players on the pitch, he was making good runs and he was just being ignored. There seems to be no plan for him and he hasn’t gelled with his team mates.

thegregster

Harbinger of new information
We dont even need him.

Rashford,Greenwood and Amad are all better than him.

SER19

We have a huge amount of brilliant attackers. He's one of them. We just don't know how to play football

Nordskog

Don't necessarily buy the "it's the coaching" argument since I think quality players show (or at least should) their class no matter the environment.

RedRonaldo

Wishes to be oppressed.
We dont even need him.

Rashford,Greenwood and Amad are all better than him.
I think just bench him, this will serve as best interest for everyone. But I’d prefer giving more chances to Amad from bench, he does look promising last season.

If Sancho is not improving by end of next season, maybe a loan with option to buy wouldn’t be bad idea.

BalanceUnAutreJoint

He had 3 assists in his first 5 league games last season

AshRK

Ole has no clue how to use him, just like Lampard had no clue on how to use harvetz.

Frank White

He had 3 assists in his first 5 league games last season
And also apparently didn’t score until the turn of the new year, a good 3 months into the season. Also remember some of the stuff wrote about him regarding some of the performances he was putting out too.

Status
Not open for further replies.