5.6 Season Average Rating
Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

Blood Mage

Neto is twice the player of Traore and I’d say better than Jota too.

We could have even pushed for Chiesa although he wasn’t my first choice.
I'm not saying he isn't. My point is flair wingers don't fit Ole's way of playing, he wants direct speedsters.

Deery

Dreary
I'm not saying he isn't. My point is flair wingers don't fit Ole's way of playing, he wants direct speedsters.
I wouldn’t say Neto is afraid to take on his man he is always pushing the defenders as is Raphinha and Chiesa.

Sayros

Supports
Paris Saint-Germain
It isn't, you have very two young players with big potential in one position and one of them was already delivering.

How does it make any sense to go and buy a 3rd one in the same position?
My point then and now is that Amad shouldn't even be mentioned as any kind of factor to not bring in a talent like Sancho. Sancho is also someone who can do a job on either wing and through the middle if need be as well, not to mention still developing but was already one of the most productive young players in the world. Now he definitely hasn't lit the world on fire since coming here, but he's going to figure it out, especially with a manager that makes better use of him. Greenwood is doing a solid job, but he's no Sancho yet on the wing and has more of a future in the center rather than anywhere else.

Last edited:

Siezard

Sancho's style seems more like Sanchez. Dribble and dribble then give a good short pass rather than big crosses.

Andersons Dietician

Sancho's style seems more like Sanchez. Dribble and dribble then give a good short pass rather than big crosses.
That’s always been his game. He can cross a ball but most of the time he is picking a pass that not many would see and uses his dribbiling to open up the corridor for one of these slipped passes. That’s what he is and has always been.

If we could get back to being half decent I suspect he and Cavani would prove to be rather fruitful. Heck I think Amad Martial and Sancho would be a good watch.

Idxomer

That’s always been his game. He can cross a ball but most of the time he is picking a pass that not many would see and uses his dribbiling to open up the corridor for one of these slipped passes. That’s what he is and has always been.

If we could get back to being half decent I suspect he and Cavani would prove to be rather fruitful. Heck I think Amad Martial and Sancho would be a good watch.
If you were to put him in the team that finished last season against Wolves, he would look much better.

Andersons Dietician

If you were to put him in the team that finished last season against Wolves, he would look much better.
Probably because that midfield trio knew how to look after the ball and progress play up the field without having to try Hollywood passes everytime they tried to make something happen. heck put him in the LVG team we had and he’d be brilliant. however simply right now he and many others are suffering because we aren’t a team.

saivet

A couple of weeks old but I don't think it's been posted in this thread.

Cathy Ferguson

Another example of Ole's failure. Sancho is one of the best young players in the world and he's already being labeled a 'flop' by some. He needs to be starting games, not warming the fecking bench.
It is symptomatic on how the club is run when we chase a player for 2 years and then we have no clue on how to use him while at the same time we have failed to address pressing needs in CM and at RB. Rice or Trippier would have made much more sense than Sancho in this window.

SonyaCross493

Sancho needs to start against Spurs otherwise it will be another frustrating game.

If you start Ronaldo, you HAVE to start Sancho too otherwise there's no balance and Ronaldo doesn't get any chances/service (which he relies on now). Rashford and Greenwood don't pass and you need Atleast 1 of the wingers who passes and can cross a football. Sancho is use to assisting Haaland so assisting Ronny the GOAT should be easy.

also I think a run of games would help him, instead of dropping him after 1 game.

if you are not going to start Sancho I wouldn't play Ronaldo either because there's no point there's no balance and cohesion. I think we have seen enough games now to know Ronaldo and Greenwood can't play together it doesn't work and I don't think we need to watch more frustrating games to come to that conclusion. You need a balance to a team and Sancho provides that

plus Greenwood would be a better impact substitute coming on running at tired defenders as he's direct

Last edited:

Cloud7

The signing that was supposed to transform our attack two years running has been relegated to the bench

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
Obviously a situation that won't change until a change of manager that can actually implement a system. But you can say that for everyone we have.

Funnily enough I think he'd do better for us in a system like today, as would Rashford and/or Greenwood than Bruno/Ronaldo/Cavani would.

Pickle85

Certainly seeming more and more an odd signing. Not sure Ole trusts him when the chips are down which does beg the question why buy him? I think he's class and will prove it but not sure it'll be under Ole.

Sviken

The new Donny :) (Donny needs a replacement after he fecks off in the next transfer window, after all)

GDaly95

Says he's one of the best posters
Right then.

Who wants to tell Sancho that due to unforeseen tactical changes his services are no longer required and that we are soz?

marktan

Mad we've spent £110m on 2 players over the last 2 years and they're not good enough to get off the bench.

He's firmly behind both Rashford and Greenwood and rightly so.

saivet

Worrying that he didn't come on. He needs help settling and bringing him on last week in that shitshow but not this week won't help him.
It wasn't the kind of game to bring him on to be honest. Also he didn't come off the bench against Liverpool either.

redpatron

Plenty of time for the lad, not worried. Have a gut feeling he will have a moment in one match that will kickstart his career here.
we have a manager on the chopping block, we won't see him until he gets sacked or he gets his job secured.

Yagami

Good post resistant
We scouted him for years, actively tried to sign him through multiple windows, eventually got him for big boy money, and have no idea what to do with him. You can only laugh.

TMDaines

Fun sponge.
Worrying that he didn't come on. He needs help settling and bringing him on last week in that shitshow but not this week won't help him.
Not worrying at all. All subs were very understandable. Please, let’s not start having Sancho FC alongside Donny FC.

Been a lot of stories (Athletic podcast, Castles) that we're not happy with his effort level or intensity in training. Seems they might be true given how little game time he's had recently.

Lingard - who's got months left on his contract - coming on ahead of him says a lot.

saivet

Been a lot of stories (Athletic podcast, Castles) that we're not happy with his effort level or intensity in training. Seems they might be true given how little game time he's had recently.

Lingard - who's got months left on his contract - coming on ahead of him says a lot.
Was that on the Athletic? I know Castles mentioned it but I've not heard that on the Athletic podcasts.

Given the point in the game Ole would have wanted pace and energy from a defensive point of view which are qualities better suited to Lingard than Sancho, so it made sense.

moses

Can't We Just Be Nice?
Staff
Not worrying at all. All subs were very understandable. Please, let’s not start having Sancho FC alongside Donny FC.
Maybe so, but I'm not as worried about Sancho's form as his omission. I think it is a bit worrying the way he is so slow to settle. Not that a struggling team is ever easy to settle into, but we have seen so many bright attacking players struggle here, so it's a bit worrying. But I'll worry quietly now, so as not to trouble you.

Also I have no idea what your last sentence means, and have no desire to.

ShoePolish

Some of us had concers he looked better off left for Dortmund. He was meant to be our RW filler, and he can't displace Greenwood, who's a striker. Not being helped by the fact, he's looked wank (barely ok, for you faint-hearted) when he got his chances on the left. Very early days though, hoping he's just bedding in and will come good eventually. Wouldn't want getting a midfielder and right back next summer, and then going in to season only to realise we might need another RW and will have to limp through the season before we sort it out.

Reactions: Cheimoon

gza the genius

He's certainly not going to play in this setup. Doesn't really speak volumes to Ole's recruitment that he keeps buying attacking players that he has no idea how to use.

Skills

Snitch

Wad only ever a matter of time shit like this would be pointed at him.

Status
Not open for further replies.