Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

Mockney

Not the only poster to be named Poster of the Year
I genuinely don’t remember Liverpool or Arsenal ruining as many high profile players reputations to nearly the same extent as we’ve managed to do in our banter years… it’s really quite impressive when you think about it.

justboy68

The signing is just another in a long list that speaks about our directionless nature as a club. The board have no footballing direction because they don't even understand football and the manager doesn't really know either, he is just guessing as he goes along and seeing what can work for him.

At least when we get a new manager Sancho and VDB will potentially be like new signings to work with.

Erics_Collar

I think people suggesting he could be rotated with Bruno need to remember that Olé doesn't rotate Bruno. He runs him into the ground.

Heck, we spent however many millions on Donny to rotate with Bruno and he can't get a minute of football.

The Oracle

Can't help but think that the Sancho money would have been better spent on Declan Rice.

Rice's season is motoring along

Sancho's season has not even got started

Sviken

Can't help but think that the Sancho money would have been better spent on Declan Rice.

Rice's season is motoring along

Sancho's season has not even got started
Even if we brought Rice, Ole would probably play McFred.

Isotope

Ten Years a Cafite
I think people suggesting he could be rotated with Bruno need to remember that Olé doesn't rotate Bruno. He runs him into the ground.

Heck, we spent however many millions on Donny to rotate with Bruno and he can't get a minute of football.
It's funny for people to think that Donny and Sancho can offer what Bruno has. Their football style are just totally different.
Pogba is stylistically a lot more closer to Bruno.

Bobade

I know its premature and a bit dramatic but I am somewhat worried about him. When we signed him there was a lot of excitement among the fanbase and that seems to have dried up.

If we assume Ole stays and plays the same formation as yesterday, he isn't getting played. If he stays and plays his usual formation, he might get a chance but the results will be poor due to having no midfield and his confidence will probably plummet. He doesn't seem favoured by Ole at all, despite our lengthy pursuit of him.

Just don't see him doing well unless under a different manager.

finneh

I think the formation is a bit irrelevant in truth. It's more in my opinion to do with the balance of the team and how many offensive players who are usually poor out of possession we try to shoehorn into the first XI.

The game yesterday in my view would have likely been won with any coherent system limiting us to "only" 3 out and out attackers.

Whether it be 4-3-3 (Matic replacing Lindelof and two of Sancho/Rashford/Greenwood either side of Ronaldo), 3-4-3 (Bruno as a false 9 flanked by two of Sancho/Rashford/Greenwood); or 3-4-2-1 (Sancho for either Ronaldo or Cavani); or even whether it's the same formation with the knowledge that Greenwood/Rashford can come in when we need to rest Ronaldo/Cavani and Sancho can come in for Bruno (who clearly hasn't been rested enough since he signed)

Utopia has always been having two great players per position so six players (Sancho, Greenwood, Ronaldo, Cavani, Rashford & Bruno) for three positions over a 60 game season should be ideal. Especially when two of them are over 34 and two are under 22.

That's before looking at the games where we could successfully play four attackers.

It should definitely spell the end for Pogba, Lingard and Martial though but that certainly won't cause me to shed a tear.

makes new threads with tweets in the OP
I don't understand the crying about Sancho.

Its the same situation with Van de Beek: Its the player's responsibility to make themselves undroppable, not the coach's responsibility to accommodate them.

Sancho's best performance so far has been at home to Everton, a game we didn't win and he was little more than okay in.

If he is sparkling in training I doubt Ole will leave him out. However, if he is not then that is really on him.

I don't care about any player. If winning means dropping Cristiano and Bruno, so be it. The player's have to justify their selection. That's it.

Orton

Ati-virus, keeps missing the n button
I don't understand the crying about Sancho.

Its the same situation with Van de Beek: Its the player's responsibility to make themselves undroppable, not the coach's responsibility to accommodate them.

Sancho's best performance so far has been at home to Everton, a game we didn't win and he was little more than okay in.

If he is sparkling in training I doubt Ole will leave him out. However, if he is not then that is really on him.

I don't care about any player. If winning means dropping Cristiano and Bruno, so be it. The player's have to justify their selection. That's it.
Listen to what Ole said yesterday about Cavani and you can see the difference in mentality and the same goes for our other young forwards. They should be watching Cavani and take note. There’s a reason these players are winners.

Herman Toothrot

Bloody hell, I knew that win lose or draw people would be bleating like little children on here, but the nonsense in this thread is unbelievable.

Glorio

I've seen it mentioned a few times but Sancho being poor out of possession is a massive myth and I'm not even sure where it came from. He has the highest defensive stats of any of our attackers. Problem is you can't press on your own.

If anything, he needs to be more decisive when on the ball.

pascell

That's a silly post. Nobody is basing their opinion on just today. It's silliness like this that is killing the football forums.
No it's people basing it off today, otherwise they wouldn't be in the Sancho performance thread. Saying he's done at United and into the 'abyss' because he didn't play yesterday, never read as much shit in my life. We've got a big game midweek and one next weekend, it's as if people haven't heard of rotation before.

Silliness like this :lol: if that post is killing the football forums, then this place is done.

CM10

I've seen it mentioned a few times but Sancho being poor out of possession is a massive myth and I'm not even sure where it came from. He has the highest defensive stats of any of our attackers. Problem is you can't press on your own.

If anything, he needs to be more decisive when on the ball.
This isn't exactly saying much, we have some of the laziest forwards in the league. Sancho's pressing stats are still way off it and the same goes for Greenwood, Rashford and Martial (if anyone still has any hope for him).

A better coach might see improvement in that area but as it stands none of them are close to being good enough at it. 34 year old Cavani puts them all to shame, that should be ringing alarm bells.

moses

Can't We Just Be Nice?
Staff
No it's people basing it off today, otherwise they wouldn't be in the Sancho performance thread. Saying he's done at United and into the 'abyss' because he didn't play yesterday, never read as much shit in my life. We've got a big game midweek and one next weekend, it's as if people haven't heard of rotation before.

Silliness like this :lol: if that post is killing the football forums, then this place is done.
Yesterday's non appearance was just a tipping point, part of the cumulative. Nobody would be saying a thing had he been making previously regular appearances. If you don't understand that simple concept, well, then best of luck navigating the site, and life.

Andersons Dietician

This isn't exactly saying much, we have some of the laziest forwards in the league. Sancho's pressing stats are still way off it and the same goes for Greenwood, Rashford and Martial (if anyone still has any hope for him).

A better coach might see improvement in that area but as it stands none of them are close to being good enough at it. 34 year old Cavani puts them all to shame, that should be ringing alarm bells.
Yes but none of them are really playing as a 9 so can’t go chasing everywhere they want to as they need to maintain position and actually block passing lanes so someone like Cavani can go and trigger a press.

Pressing no matter what the CAF says isn’t just about running around. It’s positional making the right runs. Given we aren’t even a pressing team who cares if our pressing stats are low. It’s not part of our make up anyway.

pascell

Yesterday's non appearance was just a tipping point, part of the cumulative. Nobody would be saying a thing had he been making previously regular appearances. If you don't understand that simple concept, well, then best of luck navigating the site, and life.
He didn't play, how can that be a stick to beat him with ffs.

Please explain the rest of the cumulative points? I really can't wait for this, should give me a good laugh.

11 games not enough to reach the 'regular appearance' threshold? I don't think it's me not understanding the simple concept here.

moses

Can't We Just Be Nice?
Staff
He didn't play, how can that be a stick to beat him with ffs.

Please explain the rest of the cumulative points? I really can't wait for this, should give me a good laugh.

11 games not enough to reach the 'regular appearance' threshold? I don't think it's me not understanding the simple concept here.
Cumulative non starts is worrying people, not specifically his absence away to spurs. Really I've no more to add. Don't derail the thread anymore please. You don't agree with the people having concerns, grand, you've said that.

Bebestation

Im a doctor btw, my IQ destroys yours
I just think we are very top heavy.

Sancho needs to take Martial's spot as a LW consistently. The Swedish youngster can take the 3rd spot.
Sancho Maybe even takes Lingard's spot as a cover CAM if he is planning to leave us on a free and especially if VDB is wanting to leave us too.

Sancho works himself to being a better RW than Greenwood in the PL and make Amad be our 3rd RW.

We just have too many players in our front line. I think it will be fine after a couple more departures and it will all even out with game time.

Sarni

nice guy, unassuming, objective United fan.
It is literally what I predicted 4-5 weeks ago for which I got ridiculed here. Now that Rashford is healthy his lack of form and confidence has pushed him well behind basically all our attacking players. He’s going to struggle to find regular playing time in the upcoming weeks as we don’t really have room for error anymore after a series of poor results. There is no way we will be able to let him play himself back into form when Ronaldo, Cavani, Rashford and Greenwood are better options and will bring us points.

Find a PL team that will take him on loan in January, like I said. Don’t care what he did at Dortmund, it’s a new league and a new challenge and playing 90 mins a night for Everton/Palace/Villa/Leeds will be infinitely better for him than getting 15-20 mins a night here with an occasional start. Let him get used to the league and get some confidence back similar to Lingard last year. He has to play every week to get where he needs to be.

Glorio

To be fair, whatever Cavani's age, he's one of the most aggressive, hardworking players we've had - Rooney and Tevez levels. Amazing.

Regarding Sancho, I believe it was Gary who said he was in the top 10 forwards in the league for defensive stats, not something to turn one's nose at. He's the only one of our forwards in that list by the way (I'm sure Cavani would've been had he been playing more).

Josep Dowling

Signed as a RW. I don’t think he’s even started on that wing. And now he’s been dropped completely. The management of key signings is shocking. You don’t pay £70m plus for a player and not give him games. Another players in a long list that has been ruined by this club.

Ronaldo's ego

Incorrectly predicted the 2020 US Election
I'm better than Messi (even though I'm not)
Ole’s going to stick with that 5-3-2 now, can’t see Sancho getting anything more than a few cameos here and there. Crazy really considering he was a transfer target over 2 years. No accountability whatsoever, a competent board questions why players like DVB and Sancho are signed for big money and then disregarded.

Highfather_24

It is literally what I predicted 4-5 weeks ago for which I got ridiculed here. Now that Rashford is healthy his lack of form and confidence has pushed him well behind basically all our attacking players. He’s going to struggle to find regular playing time in the upcoming weeks as we don’t really have room for error anymore after a series of poor results. There is no way we will be able to let him play himself back into form when Ronaldo, Cavani, Rashford and Greenwood are better options and will bring us points.

Find a PL team that will take him on loan in January, like I said. Don’t care what he did at Dortmund, it’s a new league and a new challenge and playing 90 mins a night for Everton/Palace/Villa/Leeds will be infinitely better for him than getting 15-20 mins a night here with an occasional start. Let him get used to the league and get some confidence back similar to Lingard last year. He has to play every week to get where he needs to be.
Buying a player for 75M after chasing him for two years, to send him on loan after 6 months, is beyond embarrassing. Its a sackable offense tbf.

Steven-UK

I know many on here will disagree, and I want them both to do well, although from what I've seen of Sancho (including for England), there's nothing special there at all. The same with VDB - both just very average players - in this league (key point, maybe).

I also remember similar discussions for Martial, and the support he had against very average performances over many seasons, and considering we've won almost nothing for 7/8 years, we stuck with mediocrity.

We are now doing the same with Fred, Mctominay, etc. (and some others). Bang average team players that we consistently stick with (....it could be said that we're doing the same with our latest manager).

It needs to change, or we'll be having the exact same conversations in another 8 years.

Sarni

nice guy, unassuming, objective United fan.
Buying a player for 75M after chasing him for two years, to send him on loan after 6 months, is beyond embarrassing. Its a sackable offense tbf.
Well buying him for £75m and then starting him in 30% of games is beyond embarrassing as well and it’s happened before, and is likely to happen with him if he stays with us all season. He needs to be treated as any other 21-year old struggling to find form and confidence, his Dortmund achievements are irrelevant for where he is now.

We basically bought a £40m midfielder and not started him for 2 years. We can’t be doing the same with Sancho. Both Rashford and Greenwood are far ahead of him in the position he plays. I would much rather loan him out and let him rebuild his form and confidence at a young age than keep him, bench him and sell him on to mid-table team for £30m in 2023. Newcastle might be in for him next year though.

SonyaCross493

he can play in 3-5-1-1 surely? As the 1 behind the striker having licence to float around to wing to wing making things happen.

I don't think this is the end of Sancho. Ronny and Cavani are only here a few years. Sancho is long-term future.

Nero

Imagine if the real world actually worked the same as the world in fans' over dramatic heads.

Players would barely last a few months at a club. Any player who isn't an instant starter or an instant hit would be gone within 3 months.

Thiagoal

Seems crazy to me that people are bemoaning the fact that a player with 0 goals and 0 assists this season didn’t start in a game we won 3-0 away at one of the big six teams.

I’m sure that Sancho will go on to have a great career with us but he’s clearly not firing just yet and not at the level that Cavani and Ronaldo are at.

Highfather_24

Well buying him for £75m and then starting him in 30% of games is beyond embarrassing as well and it’s happened before, and is likely to happen with him if he stays with us all season. He needs to be treated as any other 21-year old struggling to find form and confidence, his Dortmund achievements are irrelevant for where he is now.

We basically bought a £40m midfielder and not started him for 2 years. We can’t be doing the same with Sancho. Both Rashford and Greenwood are far ahead of him in the position he plays. I would much rather loan him out and let him rebuild his form and confidence at a young age than keep him, bench him and sell him on to mid-table team for £30m in 2023. Newcastle might be in for him next year though.
Sending Sancho away is treating the symptom, not the disease. Rather than send Sancho to brighton, we should send Ole to the phantom zone.

Ødegaard

formerly MrEriksen
Scout
Ole will leave before Sancho does.
If we get a competent manager and that manager still won't use him then a debate might be worth having, but as things are he should be afforded time to adjust to the league and his team mates without people calling for the end of his career at the club.

pascell

Cumulative non starts is worrying people, not specifically his absence away to spurs. Really I've no more to add. Don't derail the thread anymore please. You don't agree with the people having concerns, grand, you've said that.
Nothing more to add because you know you're talking nonsense. Grand.

Ixion

Going to throw his career away like VDB. That's over £100m on those 2 players Ole wants to rot on the bench because he's done a terrible job on the balance of the squad.

KingCavani

His career is going the way of Donny’s and with Rashford back and Cavani cementing a place he is really going to struggle for minutes. Especially with Ole’s job under pressure and the tough fixtures coming up - he’s going to take as few chances as possible.

I expect it will be a rough period for Greenwood too despite his great start. He will be ahead of Sancho though. Our manager has reverted to type to save his own skin.

So sad that such a talented squad is being overseen by an amateur who’d be out of his depth at any PL club let alone United.

elnorte

Freaky fly day
The mistake was signing him in the first place. Unfortunately Ole is now starting to realise he squandered £70 million on a player who was never going to be the kind of player for United that he was for Dortmund. Just another reason why he's living on borrowed time.

sp_107

The intension was right as we need wingers in Ole's preferred formation so i am sure he will come good and be a success here....532 was just a thing to settle down our nerves and gain our confidence back

With proper coaching even the below 3-4-3 works with Greenwood/Cavani as a backup

--------------Rashford-----Ronaldo-------------Sancho-------

-------Shaw-----Bruno-------Fred-----------AWB------------

--------------Maguire----Varane-----Lindelof-------------------

Status
Not open for further replies.