5.6 Season Average Rating
Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

passing-wind

Think people should just be honest, we are seeing lackluster contribution because we have a manager who's unable to get the best out of this team. These are players the scouts would have identified, so months of research and deconstruction for what ? For Solskjaer's best performance all season to come from a defensive 3-5-2 ostracizing the attacking talent because there's no ideas between himself Carrick and Phelan. And to think fans complained about Conte as if Ole sits high and mighty in the fulcrum of attacking football.

I'd turn my nose up at the manager long before the younger players. When you consider the level of staff in charge who are pioneering this team week in week out it's laughable. It would be completely different if for example Grealish at City was playing below par under who many consider to be the best manager in the game. Sancho will come good but I feel personally any other manager gets more of a tune out of him.

Frank Grimes

Do you folks think Sancho can play as an attacking Wingback in a 3-5-2? On the right hand side.

We could look at AWB as the third CB and he could take AWB’s spot on the right flank.

If we are to stick to 3-5-2, then I can’t see him playing any other position. He’s not going to feature in the front 2. We have Rashford / Greenwood for when Cavani/Ronaldo need to be rested.

But he would need to be coached to track back and defend quite consistently. Not sure if he’s up to it.
I think it's the only way we ever see him play in a 3-5-2 formation. Conte used Moses as a wing back the season he won the league at Chelsea for example and Sancho is far better at tracking back than Greenwood. Not convinced it would work and maybe I just really want to see him get a run of games in the team but I would like to see if it was at all possible.

Shark

@NotShark
If three months of being in and out of the first team flushes your career down the toilet then your career is a little fragile to begin with. Of course that’s not true and you’re just being a massive drama queen.
It's clearly not just about being in and out of the team that's the issue. We're not even attempting to integrate him with our style of football when he is on the pitch so it's looking even more danming. He's barely even played in the position we've been crying out for a real winger to step into after years of Juan Mata somehow being shifted out there. Greenwood is now the preferred option who isn't really a winger either.

united_99

Takes pleasure in other people's pain
Unlike DvB where we have mediocre and / or underperforming players in midfield, Sancho is competing with players upfront who have just performed better than him this season.
It’s an unfortunate situation for him as he is new and the other attackers were already integrated and playing for us. Cavani is currently fit which isn’t always the case so we have to use him when is available as he is mostly great whenever he is on the pitch.
Ronaldo we all know is undroppable. And Rashford and Greenwood have performed better than Sancho.

Garethw

scored 25-30 goals a season as a right footed RW
Unlike DvB where we have mediocre and / or underperforming players in midfield, Sancho is competing with players upfront who have just performed better than him this season.
It’s an unfortunate situation for him as he is new and the other attackers were already integrated and playing for us. Cavani is currently fit which isn’t always the case so we have to use him when is available as he is mostly great whenever he is on the pitch.
Ronaldo we all know is undroppable. And Rashford and Greenwood have performed better than Sancho.
You don’t drop £70+ million on a player and then not give him a consistent running in the team. With Rashford out at the start of the season, he should have been starting every game.

If the board have any sense they should be telling Solskjaer that he either needs to integrate or sell the fringe players before he is allowed to sign anybody else. Stockpiling players worth hundreds of millions and then not even playing them is utterly ridiculous.

saivet

You don’t drop £70+ million on a player and then not give him a consistent running in the team. With Rashford out at the start of the season, he should have been starting every game.

If the board have any sense they should be telling Solskjaer that he either needs to integrate or sell the fringe players before he is allowed to sign anybody else. Stockpiling players worth hundreds of millions and then not even playing them is utterly ridiculous.
Yeah it's a strange one. I don't think he's been all that for City yet despite the usual Pep roulette, they've at least given Grealish regular starting minutes to settle in.

romufc

I am sure he has been told, which is why we didnt sign more players last summer.

You can blame the manager all you like, he has only been an unused sub in the last 2 and 1 other PL game. The other games he got game time, he has come up with a grand total of 0 goal involvements.

Greenwood, Rashford, Pogba who have played wide have all had goal involvements, so stop putting blame solely on the manager as the player needs to take responsibility too

Just because you buy a player for £70m does not mean he automatically earns the right to start every game, he needs to earn it.

Frank White

Did he not join up with the team late? Seem to remember there where people complaining about his extended break or am I remembering it wrong? Either way just looking at his game time in the 2nd and 3rd game he got 70 odd mins and 66 respectively.

Think it's on him now to grab the next chance he gets with both hands, Rashford's been doing it so there's no reason Sancho can't.

Jaxa

I don't get it, 1 game with a 3-5-2 and the amount of articles and pundits now saying Sancho is done here ? a bit knee-jerk no ?

Jadon is nowhere close to the same situation as Donny, Jadon has played quite a few minutes and is clearly being integrated in carefully, he's looked a bit rocky with his showings so far so I don't blame Ole for protecting him almost as the media are vultures and will scrutinize him.

Ole will use 3-5-2 just to steady the ship a bit i believe but i can't see that being the formation in the future.

Atalanta 2:2 Man Utd

chris123

Looked livelier than most of our team in a two-minute cameo. I honestly don't even know what to say about the way our manager has handled him.

el3mel

2 summers of running behind him and speaking 90-120m and that's how he ended, rotting on the bench and coming for the last 4 minutes in a crucial CL game.

Roboc7

I thought it was like LVG throwing on Nick Powell for few minutes in desperation as couldn’t think of what else to do but Powell actually got 20 mins. No idea why him and DVB weren’t on earlier.

bond19821982

Last Man Standing champion 2019/20
Looked better than Rashford in 4 mins. Don't understand why he and Donny isn't considered in CL matches where matches are bit slow and tactical. McFred should be nowhere near starting lineup in Europe.

charlenefan

Far less insightful than the other Charley
Says it all that when we did switch to 4231 after the Varane injury it was Greenwood again that got the call

Really gutting not to see him playing

saivet

Says it all that when we did switch to 4231 after the Varane injury it was Greenwood again that got the call

Yeah that was disappointing. He'll almost certainly not be in the England squad either given his lack of game time which hopefully won't knock his confidence too much. Would probably expect to see him start against Watford after the break though.

sp_107

Agreed, Rashford and Greenwod are not traditional wingers and they liimit our play...I really want to see Sancho on wing

Andersonson

Totally agree. If anything, Ole has actually done everything correct when it comes to Sancho. But lets blame him anyways.

KeanoMagicHat

Sancho has played 433 minutes less than Greenwood in the league so far, that’s the equivalent to almost 4 and a half full games. I don’t know if that’s a fair comparison of impact when Greenwood has had so much longer to shine.

If playing wingers then Sancho should play as an actual true winger, Rashford and Greenwood play it like strikers.

Blood Mage

Young talents will think twice about coming to United while Ole is still here after what's happened to Sancho and Donny.

LJJT

Early days for him. Looks far too soft in the challenges hence why he’s probably not playing yet

Sayros

Supports
Paris Saint-Germain
Just strange, almost disrespectful to throw him on at the tail end of a game when he's been so hotly chased by United. I really wonder what's going on in those training sessions and even then, Sancho might not be the best trainer but he's definitely shown he can perform at a high level. Some players just aren't great to see on the training ground.

Devil may care

He was showing a bit of understanding with Ronaldo at one point but Ole nipped that in the bud sharpish, solid 5 minutes tonight.

Schnappo

I can only assume that maybe Ole feels he is currently under too much pressure to wait for Sancho to find his feet in the team. I thought he'd come on once Varane went off to provide creativity in the wide areas but in fairness Greenwood played a significant part in both goals tonight. Looks like he's going to have to wait quite a while to get any significant playing time with Greenwood/Rashford firmly ahead of him in the pecking order.

Betson

It is obvious already that Ole does not trust him, don't think he is going to start many games for us this season.

ayushreddevil9

Foootball hinders the adrenaline of transfers.
It is obvious already that Ole does not trust him, don't think he is going to start many games for us this season.
Not like the manager is ever going to give him any chances. VDB mark ll

ManUnitedCanuck

Just because you paid a certain amount for a player, does not mean they automatically go into the team. He’s had his chances and not performed to the level of others playing the same positions. He’ll continue to get his chances and hopefully find some form to get a more consistent run. Believe a lot of his production last year at Dortmund was the second half of season as well.

Sometimes it takes players time to adjust to new environment and play to level they can. He’s still young and has lots of time. Nice to have options up front and right now Rashford and Greenwood are just at a higher level.

Ali Dia

Souness's Super Sub/George Weahs Talented Cousin
Manager is just trying to find the balance between players who’ll press and work off the ball and having too many attackers. It’s obvious he prefers to play 4231 but the players won’t do the defensive work so he needs to add one more layer of protection and even then we look susceptible. I agree this should obviously have been a consideration before we signed Sancho and it probably was but if we’d a better defender than Pogba in the midfield tonight I think we could have started with another attacker. It’s just a case of who’s in the best form then after that

SAFMUTD

I'm convinced he'll turn good eventually. Just not under Ole, the system is chaos and he doesn't fit a team like that.

Being fair you must be either world-class as Cristiano and Bruno meaning capable of producing magical moments by yourself or lighting fast such as Rashford to get chances in the counter. If you're not then you'll find yourself lost in the shit that we call football.

NoPace

I think he's about to get a run at LW. He's a provider who can actually stretch play and give Cristiano some crosses which the forwards (Rashford and Greenwood) playing out wide aren't good at, and it'll all be about Cristiano this season. I think by next month it'll be:

Sancho-Cristiano-Rashford/Greenwood

with Bruno in a 3 on the right or behind them.

Zoo

Ole's reason for introducing him was that we needed more width. The problem is he only realised this 5 minutes before the end. It's shambolic management.

Sylar

Because we rely on moments and Mason is more likely to produce one.

All the talk about Sancho being our right side solution yet he plays on the left or more recent the bench

::sonny::

I didn’t expected that he would have been involved in the game, a big surprise

But he gave to him only 5 mins

largelyworried

The way we're not using this guy is just ridiculous. One of our biggest problems is not having any sort of quality when we're progressing the ball from midfield to attacking areas, which is one of Sancho's strengths. Sancho can play wide right, but he can also do a bit of what Mata would do, and drift inside to join up with midfield and provide extra numbers and control.

Greenwood is a fine player, but his build up play, while improving, is still way below his ability in the box. You want Greenwood on the end of your attacking moves, not at the beginning. His directness is a strength in some cases, but definitely impedes our ability to build in midfield areas with control.

I worry we're going to see the VDB situation again. We keep him on the bench, waiting for some perfect moment to introduce him that never seems to arrive, and then when you need him, he's out of fitness and out of confidence and can't provide his best form on the pitch. So he sits on the bench all season.

SonyaCross493

Left out of the England squad. Will really hurt the player.

maybe he regrets not avoiding Manchester United.. what more can you do to impress Ole in the limited minutes you get.. same as Donny, Lingard etc who are all casualties in Ole's lack of rotation and not resting Bruno etc his favourites

Last edited:

RUCK4444

Left out of the England squad

maybe he regrets not avoiding Manchester United.. what more can you do to impress Ole in the limited minutes you get.. same as Donny, Lingard etc who are all casualties in Ole lack of rotation and resting Bruno etc
In fairness he's had a lot more game time than Donny and Lingard.

Status
Not open for further replies.