Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

Borys

Statistics Wizard
He has a good cross on him, could be a weapon. I feel like we could use more crosses to Ronaldo.

Funny how our right side (Greenwood / Sancho) seems more exciting than the left.

Frank White

Buzzing for him that he got his first goal. Think he’s more generally starting to look the part now too, some of those faints and the dribbling skills are much needed. I also thought that him and VDB struck up a good relationship at times and I’d love to see that continue. In line with the team Carrick selected last night I’d love to see us try.

in attacking

————Ronaldo————Greenwood—————
Bruno———Fred————--VDB————-Sancho

in defensive shape:

Greenwood———Ronaldo———Sancho
——————————Bruno————————
—————Fred————————-VDB———

I think with the right coaching that has potential to be brilliant. It’s also easily transferable with our other attacking options and Rashford can easily step in for Ronaldo/Greenwood. Ironically Sancho is the man that allows that puzzle to work as he’s a proper wide player who is more capable of playing wide in a 4-4-2. Bruno looks a little lost on the left in the shape above but I don’t think he would be bad there with the right level of focus and his poor ball turnovers would be less damaging there. It’s a role Pogba could also play perfectly I imagine.

Just want to add, if you are coming into this thread and using a good Sancho performance as a reason to hate on Greenwood you are supporting the wrong fecking club. He’s been our bright star attacker this season and will have a massive role to play for us if we want to be successful, like our other players he simply needs the platform and it would be nice if he actually had the support of his own fans too! I suspect if he was available last night he would have played in place of Martial anyway.
That's hilarious coming from you, you seem incapable of talking about Mason without letting the world know you think Rashford is shite.

TrustInJanuzaj

'Liverpool are a proper club'
That's hilarious coming from you, you seem incapable of talking about Mason without letting the world know you think Rashford is shite.
Not really because I don’t think he’s shite, I think he has some shite elements in his game same as Greenwood and same as sancho. I just find Rashfords weaknesses more detrimental to the team than the others. That doesn’t mean I would never play him or don’t think he’s a useful player. The stick Greenwood gets is largely unwarranted though.

Ronaldo was nowhere to be seen and Bruno took an age to walk over to the point where Lindelof dragged him. Could be because it was minute 90 but i would have thought they would have all rushed over to congratulate him.

STaphouse

Supports
Reading
So happy for the boy. Selfish Greenwood in the mud for sure. Greenwood will struggle to get back in this team with Sancho on this form

Sancho is a proper baller who gets his head up unlike both Rashford and Greenwood. The confidence this will give him that goal will hopefully give him the momentum to go on to have a great season.

take a bow son!
This isn't twitter.

"Greenwood in the mud", are you 12?

saivet

For continuity it would have made sense him playing on the right more but given Greenwood's early form, it made sense he was on the left.

A bit odd seeing people (including commentators) saying he was out of position on the left and he should play on his proper side.

We will probably need him more on the right but he's as good on either side.

stefan92

Supports
Hannover 96
For continuity it would have made sense him playing on the right more but given Greenwood's early form, it made sense he was on the left.

A bit odd seeing people (including commentators) saying he was out of position on the left and he should play on his proper side.

We will probably need him more on the right but he's as good on either side.
Yes, the issue most of the time really wasn't that he played out out of position on the left, but more out of role. He is a possession player, wants to keep and pass the ball safely a lot of the time. He couldn't do that when he was expected to break through and go for a shot like Rashford or Greenwood would do.

It looks to me like the team (and manager) started to understand that difference now, as well as Sancho himself developing a better understanding for them, and especially VDB is supporting that style of play well.

TMDaines

Fun sponge.
Ronaldo was nowhere to be seen and Bruno took an age to walk over to the point where Lindelof dragged him. Could be because it was minute 90 but i would have thought they would have all rushed over to congratulate him.
What the absolute feck are you talking about?

macheda14

He has a good cross on him, could be a weapon. I feel like we could use more crosses to Ronaldo.

Funny how our right side (Greenwood / Sancho) seems more exciting than the left.
God I want Amad and Elanga to start getting games soon. Rashford/Elanga/Sancho as our left wing choices. Ronaldo/Cavani/Greenwood as our strikers. Sancho/Greenwood/Amad as our right wing choices. Bruno/VDB/Hannibal as our CAMs.

King7Eric

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020

I'm pretty certain that Ronaldo image is from when he scored his goal.
Ronaldo went up to Telles and Fred when Sancho scored and all three jogged together to the rest. Bruno yes, didn't rush to celebrate but I think his body language and recent comments make it clear he feels the players let Ole down and should have done better over the last few games. So no surprise he isn't jumping with joy, but he'll get over it soon enough.

stefan92

Supports
Hannover 96
I'm pretty certain that Ronaldo image is from when he scored his goal.
Afaik it was from Sancho's goal. Ronaldo was just so late to arrive that the broadcast did not include that part of the celebration.

And by the way I think it was quite a nice gesture that Ronaldo went to Fred first to celebrate the ball winner. After the amount of criticism against Fred he surely can use a bit of cheering up.

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
Sancho is about to have a great 2nd half of the season with Rangnick here. One of the few in our squad who knows how to play in a pressing system.

FrankDrebin

Don't call me Shirley
Supports
USA Manchester Red Socks
Ronaldo went up to Telles and Fred when Sancho scored and all three jogged together to the rest. Bruno yes, didn't rush to celebrate but I think his body language and recent comments make it clear he feels the players let Ole down and should have done better over the last few games. So no surprise he isn't jumping with joy, but he'll get over it soon enough.
Pretty much.

Chelsea 1:1 Man Utd

Lash

Supports
Millwall, Saint-Etienne
Welcome to the prem and Manchester United, he needs some conditioning I think. Was noticeably blowing.

Overall he was OK, took the goal well. Going to be a fantastic player for us.

Golden Nugget

Lost the ball a lot - but it was hard considering how he was outnumbered each time.
Once he came off it was obvious how much we missed him - there was no width from the right from Rashford/whoever was meant to be playing there

mu4c_20le

Wicked finish. Could easily have fluffed that, and Mendy's a beast one on one.

thepolice123

Surprised this this thread wasn't blowing up. He absolutely bailed us out today with that goal. Starting the move himself and finishing it off. Had the awareness to see Rashford was offside too.

saivet

Took his goal well with the shimmy. Don't think he was particularly good but we were largely starved of the ball in the attacking third.

Think his work rate again was impressive.

roonster09

Hercule Poirot of the scouting world
Scout
2 in 2 now, his goal was like Nani's goal vs City.

Hopefully he will keep this up, he didn't have a good game, none of our attackers had good one. It was hard as we played very deep..

Kag

I really liked the finish. Rashford’s stupidity had backed him into a bit of a corner and he dealt with it well.

Djemba-Djemba

Rashford owes him after that goal.

Sancho did brilliantly to ignore Rashford being offside like a dope and slot it past the keeper himself.

OverratedOpinion

He is a sure-fire success, someone does not do what he did in Germany after being the most exciting youth player in the country by accident.

I still think he was a bargain.

Dominos

Rashford owes him after that goal.

Sancho did brilliantly to ignore Rashford being offside like a dope and slot it past the keeper himself.
Rashford being offside was absolutely absurd to watch, I'm used to complaining about schoolboy errors and Sunday league standard of play from this team, but even I couldn't believe this.

Djemba-Djemba

Rashford being offside was absolutely absurd to watch, I'm used to complaining about schoolboy errors and Sunday league standard of play from this team, but even I couldn't believe this.
Genuinely staggering stupidity.

99% of schoolboys would be smarter than Rashford there.

MiracleInMadrid

Incredible how much more rapid he looks now compared to only a month ago. He has a fantastic combination of skill and speed.

El Zoido

Great to see him take the goal and not lay it off to Rashford, who was offside the entire time.

The Purley King

I thought he was pretty poor today , goal aside.
Lost the ball too many times with poor touches.
But he never gave up and his pressing got us a point. He’ll be Better than this in the future I am sure

Status
Not open for further replies.