5.6 Season Average Rating
Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

Andersons Dietician

Want to add there were times today when he was holding the ball waiting for someone to make a move and no one did. At one point he had 4 Arsenal players around him and no one was making any offers for him. He’s then forced to try and take them on and lost possesion. Happened a few times. We as a whole are still pretty terrible at giving options and probably even worse at finding the options on the rare occasion they are there.

I just hope that is something that improves as Sancho will find people.

goptun

1. Put us under pressure in the first minute with sloppy passing leading to a succession of corners.
  2. Was in Tomiyasu's pocket pretty much the whole night.
  3. Made bad decisions in the final third frequently
  4. Didn't really beat a single opposition player that I can remember, for a United winger
  5. His only real contribution was passing it to Fred who got the assist/ Rashford got an assist today and he was also bad so it don't count for much.
Postives he tracks back well, shows he is willing to work hard, not afraid to get involved with challenges.
Absolute waffle. It wasn't a 10/10 performance, nor was it was a 'very poor' performance'. Played a crucial part in the goals and was an outlet throughout. He's extremely efficient on the ball and was linking up very well. He tried to take his man on a few times and lost out but he's still feeling his way into the side, he's showing he's got the confidence to put himself out there, get on the ball and try to make things happen. Sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn't. That's the very nature of being a creator in football and is to be expected.

El Jefe

Today proved what kind of player he is and what he isn't. When asked to square up with Tomiyasu with space ahead he struggled to get past him. However when in tight spaces closer to the box he was surgical with his short passing through their defence.

Ole signed a player he has no idea how to use. Once we start passing better as a team, he will look world class.

Idxomer

Today proved what kind of player he is and what he isn't. When asked to square up with Tomiyasu with space ahead he struggled to get past him. However when in tight spaces closer to the box he was surgical with his short passing through their defence.

Ole signed a player he has no idea how to use. Once we start passing better as a team, he will look world class.
He's a more dynamic Mata.

CloneMC16

He is nothing like what I thought he would be when we signed him. I was expecting a more explosive winger. Hopefully our football under Rangnick will get the best out of him. His passing around the box looks great. The ball he played to Fred for our first was brilliant.

TsuWave

These verdicts you guys make on players are always funny. Tomiyasu was just stronger and had a good game. Beating a man is the least/lesser of worries when it comes to Sancho

Dominos

He's been having his best spell of form playing from the right, so why did we switch him to the left for this game? So we could play Rashford in his worst position on the right where he never plays well.

And then we saw he wasn't getting any joy out the full back, and we didn't even swap them mid-game. It's just absurd to me.

El Jefe

These verdicts you guys make on players are always funny. Tomiyasu was just stronger and had a good game. Beating a man is the least/lesser of worries when it comes to Sancho
Pace and strength is part of beating your man. Sancho can easily get pass most full backs in the PL as he's a great dribbler but his problem has been staying in front of them because he doesn't have the burst of acceleration to leave them in the dust or strength to hold them off.

The good thing is these are things he can work on. Ronaldo improved his acceleration and on ball strength a fair bit in his first few seasons with us.

Red00012

Plays well on the right x 2
Scores 2 goals

let’s play him on the left

Abraxas

He actually looked quite quick during that counter at the end. That's the first time I've thought he looked quick, most of the time it just seems to be something commentators trot out because he's a young winger. But that's with space ahead of him and the confidence he can't really mess up during the dribble.

I think there's a bit more to it. I think he's lacked some confidence to really take people on and has generally been overawed which leads to playing the easy pass rather than having a huge run at somebody. He's undoubtedly more of a creative player, a link up player or whatever we want to call it, but I think he can beat people and cause more direct problems too.

Valencia Shin Crosses

He is nothing like what I thought he would be when we signed him. I was expecting a more explosive winger. Hopefully our football under Rangnick will get the best out of him. His passing around the box looks great. The ball he played to Fred for our first was brilliant.
I assume you never saw him at Dortmund then. He’s quick in short areas and brilliant with the ball at his feet but he’s never been the type to rip by players with pace. Think more Isco (at his best) and less Mane. Tremendous playmaker and great footballer.

Beachryan

More helpful with spreadsheets than Phurry
He's a more dynamic Mata.
Precisely this. No idea why people expect him to play like a winger, he really isn't one.

What's annoying is that in theory giving Bruno the 'free' role he has should work exceptionally well with Sancho, but the two of them haven't clicked at all.

He also suffers from not really having had a good full back to trade passes with (AWB).

Rangnick already rates him, so I'm sure there's a good future here now.

Ludens the Red

Plays well on the right x 2
Scores 2 goals

let’s play him on the left
I think Carrickys thinking was Rashford would exploit Tavarez with his pace. But Sancho got nothing out of Tomiyasu and should have really swapped wings with Rashy at that point.

RedCurry

In football today you very rarely find top wingers who beat full backs with sheer pace. The game is far too tactical for that to be allowed. Winning the battle on the wings is a lot more about creating numerical advantage in zones and playing the little one-two’s and moving into spaces.

See Mahrez, Ziyech, B. Silva. Even likes of Salah and Mane, who have bags of pace, rarely attempt to beat their fullbacks with pure pace with the ball.

Bebestation

Im a doctor btw, my IQ destroys yours
In our next preseason friendlies - I really would like to see him given a free role centrally behind two forwards.

A free role almost letting him choose the RW Or LW channel to run to and provide passes or crosses.

Maybe it won't work - just would like to see if he could do that though or if its just all in my head.

Im glad he's beginning to settle in. He's getting more involved each passing week and is building an understanding with our other forwards. He should always play on the right for us though, why did we buy him otherwise.

Cnaiür urs Skiötha

Our best footballer. If Rangnick can teach the players around him how to effectively use the space and structure the movement patterns he will flourish.

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
Im glad he's beginning to settle in. He's getting more involved each passing week and is building an understanding with our other forwards. He should always play on the right for us though, why did we buy him otherwise.
I'm glad he's capable of playing both flanks. Greenwood can play the right more often and drop/rest Rashford when he's strolling around the pitch. Also means we can fit Amad into the side more often too.

Rossa

Pace and strength is part of beating your man. Sancho can easily get pass most full backs in the PL as he's a great dribbler but his problem has been staying in front of them because he doesn't have the burst of acceleration to leave them in the dust or strength to hold them off.

The good thing is these are things he can work on. Ronaldo improved his acceleration and on ball strength a fair bit in his first few seasons with us.
Agree. He’s got decent pace and even good acceleration, but not much more than that. Looking at how much Greenwood has improved his physical game, I have high hopes that Sancho may do the same. He’s no young Ryan Giggs though, that’s for sure.

Devil may care

I was thinking during the game with Arsenal, he's our most aware player in the final third, he's going to be crucial in whatever attack Rangnick goes with as he's the only forward we have whose first instinct is to create rather than shoot. Still not sure why he played LW and Rashford RW though.

Bebestation

I was thinking during the game with Arsenal, he's our most aware player in the final third, he's going to be crucial in whatever attack Rangnick goes with as he's the only forward we have whose first instinct is to create rather than shoot. Still not sure why he played LW and Rashford RW though.
For me you answered the question your self.

Rashford is a forward and is a pure inverted goalscorer from the LW. When he plays as a LW - his first instinct is to use his stronger foot to take a shot and score because of the angle. Its the same as Ronaldo when he was younger on the LW compared to how he played on the RW.

On the RW the angle is closed up for Rashford use his stronger foot to shoot - so he crosses much more than take unnecessary shots.

This is extremely important now because we are playing Ronaldo as a Striker and our main tactic to score- a player who isn't exactly creating chances for inverted forwards either.

So Carrick used Sancho as a LW (most creative winger we have) - then play Rashford as our RW to make him play more creatively as we saw from that assist. Makes two wingers create chances for Ronaldo + Bruno + fullbacks.

If Greenwood was not ill from covid then I'm pretty sure Carrick would have used him as a left winger- let him get used to whipping crosses in to Ronaldo with his left foot.

ha_rooney

Correctly predicted France to win World Cup 2018
Thought he was very unlucky to be substituted. Another tidy performance & I think he’ll excel under Rangnick.

DWelbz19

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
Must’ve been a fitness thing for him to come off in the 60th. Looked good again

Bebestation

Alot of misplaced passes in the second half.

Was giving the ball away.

Walters_19_MuFc

Good first half. Looked to tire in the second, and as a result, started to give the ball away. Think it was the right decision to take him off but another good game by Sancho.

ivaldo

Mediocre Horse Whisperer, s'up wid chew?
Alot of misplaced passes in the second half.

Was giving the ball away.
The was the case for everyone but Fred. We lost our shape as the game went on, which is to be expecting considering the stark change in tactics and structure and the lack of time we've had to work on it. Very good in the first half though.

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off
His work rate has suddenly doubled. He's really hassling his man (lolsies)

el3mel

He's improving and gaining confidence after the shit show at the start under Ole. If he keeps this up, we should expect a strong second half of a season from him.

Status
Not open for further replies.