5.6 Season Average Rating
Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

led_scholes

I think it was unfair that he was subbed before Rashford. Not at his best, but the effort was there.

Bobski

I think it was unfair that he was subbed before Rashford. Not at his best, but the effort was there.
He had a very poor start to the second half, gave the ball away constantly. Good in the first 30 then drifted out.

lex talionis

Our most effective forward today. The decision to sub off Sancho and not Rashford was odd, but in the end didn’t hurt us.

Andersons Dietician

I did think it was strange taking him off. If anything he looked like the one that was going to create something. First half he was certainly showing signs of the real Sancho, the one that played at Dortmund. I’d imagine he probably has cemented his role as a first team starter right now.

Real Name

Started on the right but was everywhere across their box, took one twos, made dribbles, tried crosses, did everything. He'll flourish under new regime.

Poborsky's hair

Supports
Bohemians 1905
I did think it was strange taking him off. If anything he looked like the one that was going to create something. First half he was certainly showing signs of the real Sancho, the one that played at Dortmund. I’d imagine he probably has cemented his role as a first team starter right now.
He looked confident to me as well, think Rashford could have been hooked down first but he will most certainly start the next PL game for sure, if not having some fan in the CL to get even more confidence. But promising signs!

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
Thought he was excellent in the first half, bit sloppy in the 2nd, maybe Rangnick felt he was tiring. Glad Sancho is being used deeper as a creator though, his close control is fantastic and he always picks the right option out.

Paxi

Dagestani MMA Boiled Egg Expert
Needs to find his passing range. Good positions today but sloppy. Still, I think he’ll come very good.

WR10

Correctly predicted France to win World Cup 2018
Now this guy is a footballer.

Red00012

Played well , a few sloppy passes before he was subbed off but Rashford should have gone 1st.

Borys

Statistics Wizard
I think misplaced passes were due to poor decisions, not bad execution. He was trying to force things maybe.
Overall I think he was good. Ahead of Rashford on the LW.

SAFMUTD

He's so technical it's a beauty yo watch him play, if he only had Rashford pace he'd be unstoppable.

criticalanalysis

Thought he was excellent in the first half, bit sloppy in the 2nd, maybe Rangnick felt he was tiring. Glad Sancho is being used deeper as a creator though, his close control is fantastic and he always picks the right option out.
Pretty much this for me.

DarkXaero

Surprised people think he had a good game today. He had some good moments, mostly in the first half, but with the amount of attacking pressure we had, you would like more from him. He had too many giveaways for my liking, especially in the 2nd half. He was still easily better than Rashford though and should continue to start every game under Rangnick.

united for life

Surprised people think he had a good game today. He had some good moments, mostly in the first half, but with the amount of attacking pressure we had, you would like more from him. He had too many giveaways for my liking, especially in the 2nd half. He was still easily better than Rashford though and should continue to start every game under Rangnick.
thank you. Let’s not get over excited about a successful pass here and there. He still has a lot to do. But he’ll get there. This is part of a lot that Sancho should, and can, offer

stefan92

Supports
Hannover 96
Maybe he gets viewed favourably because he is shifted around all the time. RW, LW, today RAM. Don't disagree on his performance, but I am sure he still needs time to adjust to the shifting position, especially as his new position is that crucial to get attacks going.

Hansi Fick

Supports
FC Bayern
I thought he was rather poor today, on the whole. He will still massively improve.

saivet

Though he was decent in the first half but poor in the 2nd half. Probably unlucky to be the first to come off but he can't have any qualms about being subbed.

Any clips of him sending Clyne to the floor with a bit of skill in the first half?

Abraxas

Looked good but still seems to struggle to adapt to his teammates. Like he's on a completely different wavelength to some of our players. Passing in anticipation of phantom runs etc. I'm hopeful it will come together at some point as there should be a lot to come. It's definitely been a very incremental adaptation so far.

city-puma

Playing more inside rather than stationing outside probably can be great! Just like what role Diaz does have for AC Milan.

RedRonaldo

Wishes to be oppressed.
As Rangnick mentioned, the 2 no.10 would be most demanding position on the pitch for gengen pressing. Hence it’s not hard to understand why they would need to be sub out and rotated with other fresh legs in 2nd half.

Adnan

Talent Spotter
His touch and technique is absolutely superb. The way he absolutely kills the ball dead whilst receiving the ball in offensive transition is a joy to behold and demonstrates his high technical quality. I'd like to see Sancho and Amad behind Ronaldo and Mason in a 4222 formation in the near future. Amad is also very silky on the ball and has the potential to rival Sancho technically.

The United

His touch and technique is absolutely superb. The way he absolutely kills the ball dead whilst receiving the ball in offensive transition is a joy to behold and demonstrates his high technical quality. I'd like to see Sancho and Amad behind Ronaldo and Mason in a 4222 formation in the near future. Amad is also very silky on the ball and has the potential to rival Sancho technically.
Did Amad ever show any kind of playmaking ability?

gajender

Not many would agree with it but I believe Amad has that composure and decision making which would allow us to keep the ball better and create better chances in the final third alongside Sancho if this is the go to formation this season.

We should definitely try Sancho and Amad together possibly behind Elanga and Greenwood against Young Boys I think it has potential to work really well.

Adnan

Talent Spotter
Did Amad ever show any kind of playmaking ability?
Yes he has shown play making ability at both Atalanta and sporadically at United. And I say sporadically because he was hardly given a look in after his good performance against Wolves where he displayed excellent touch, technique, awareness and weight of pass which created many good plays for us.

Adnan

Talent Spotter
Not many would agree with it but I believe Amad has that composure and decision making which would allow us to keep the ball better and create better chances in the final third alongside Sancho if this is the go to formation this season.

We should definitely try Sancho and Amad together possibly behind Elanga and Greenwood against Young Boys I think it has potential to work really well.
I agree.

TrustInJanuzaj

'Liverpool are a proper club'
Ooph that sounds exciting to watch! I could imagine both Amad and Sancho being absolutely perfect for that role moving forwards. I actually really like the formation, I think it’s ideal for Ronaldo and Greenwood too.

roonster09

Hercule Poirot of the scouting world
Scout

Why wouldn't they agree? Many rate Amad's technical ability and can't wait to watch him play for first team. Ole got shit for not giving him chances.

I don't think it's an unpopular opinion, he is very good at pressing, very good technically. Should be very good in that 10 position.

The Corinthian

I will not take Mad Winger's name in vain
He was great yesterday. The kid is a proper baller, and I think he'll be the best player in the team once Ralf's ideas begin to bed in.

ash_86

He was good yesterday but his passing seemed off. Lot of over/under hit balls that wouldn't find the target. Hopefully he makes the position his own and settles well.

RuudTom83

United have a big squad...too much is being made out of substitutions.

The narrative that Sancho has only been given chances recently is also another bizarre storyline that is just false but will get dragged up at every opportunity.

Status
Not open for further replies.