5.6 Season Average Rating
Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

Bobski

He was poor today but a general observation from the last few games — his creative mind and vision is top tier (apart from today!), and as a dribbler he has very quick feet — but I’m slowly starting to worry about the physicality to his game. Just doesn’t seem to be strong nor fast enough
He is very quick when playing little give and go's, his strengths are in combination play. If you ask him to do what Saint-Maxim did tonight then no, he will look very limited. For the money and the hype you would want someone who can do both, as it is he appears to be another player who needs specific things to excel, he can still be good in unstructured play but he won't hit the heights expected of him.

PlayerOne

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
I remember the summer we missed out on him, I argued that the fee is too big and the pressure would be too big for him. Early days, but worrying, more worrying that we brought a player for a huge fee with no plan at all.

TMDaines

Fun sponge.
If there was one Dortmund signing I thought would finally meet expectations, it was this one.

I remember people telling me that Mkhi would definitely turn it around and be very successful here.

Lay

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
He gave it away constantly. I don't understand how so many of our players can't pass the ball with the right weight.

pocco

loco
Keep a clean shit tomorrow, United is my final bus
Perhaps it's just me but I see the way he will be top quality player, even in these performances. He's been a bit wasteful at times but I think some of his play has been great. He likes to combine with players though and the other players don't seem to think on the same wavelength.

He could have had a couple of assists tonight too if not for Cavani fluffing his lines.

All in all I feel like he'd be more suited to a team like City or Liverpool unless we can change the way we play and think in attack. We seem to be a team that passes the ball to a winger then fecks off into the box or something, where as Sancho will wait for the one-two or a combination/something more creative to build a more dangerous situation.

This is all stuff we knew before we signed him though. Go watch his highlights on YouTube and you'll see why he was such a hit in Bundesliga, which was largely due to the understanding he grew with the other attackers at Dortmund. He's not an individual that will just get the ball and try to take everyone on, but still as dangerous in his own way.

DarkXaero

So disappointing off the bench tonight, that was genuinely a terrible performance, where him getting subbed off would have been justified.

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
some good things, some terrible things.

He was our best out ball all game, I like him staying high and wide.

messed up most of his end product though which is very unlike him.

Andersons Dietician

I thought he was decent when he came on. He did more pressing and tracking than Greenwood and Rashford combined and looked an actual threat or at least like he might make something happen.

elnorte

Freaky fly day
As I've said before, no surprise to see how things are now unfolding with Sancho. We're seemingly addicted to continually bloating our squad with players who are never going to win you a league title and being utterly fleeced when buying them in the process.

Only question now is at £70 million, who is the bigger waste of money - him or Maguire?

Handré1990

Perhaps it's just me but I see the way he will be top quality player, even in these performances. He's been a bit wasteful at times but I think some of his play has been great. He likes to combine with players though and the other players don't seem to think on the same wavelength.

He could have had a couple of assists tonight too if not for Cavani fluffing his lines.

All in all I feel like he'd be more suited to a team like City or Liverpool unless we can change the way we play and think in attack. We seem to be a team that passes the ball to a winger then fecks off into the box or something, where as Sancho will wait for the one-two or a combination/something more creative to build a more dangerous situation.

This is all stuff we knew before we signed him though. Go watch his highlights on YouTube and you'll see why he was such a hit in Bundesliga, which was largely due to the understanding he grew with the other attackers at Dortmund. He's not an individual that will just get the ball and try to take everyone on, but still as dangerous in his own way.
I actually agree. He’s a team player. I only watched the second half, but I thought he made a few things happen. Certainly not as bad as posters above me are making out. Then again it was the first (and last) game I’ve watched in ages, and I had zero expectations..

tomaldinho1

I thought he was decent when he came on. He did more pressing and tracking than Greenwood and Rashford combined and looked an actual threat or at least like he might make something happen.
Yep agreed. A couple of shocking crosses but a few awesome moments. Laid one on a plate for Cavani and had a lovely little dribble where he skinned two players. Feel like he also needs to just play, Ole never really started him and Ralf’s only had a few games.

sullydnl

Ross Kemp's caf ID
Regardless of how good he was or wasn't, having his profile of player in the side in place of one of Ronaldo, Greenwood, Rashford or Bruno improves the balance of the attack.

Bebestation

Im a doctor btw, my IQ destroys yours
Meh. Some players get shouted at and some players don't.

Purely because some fans have a desire for some players and some other players don't get that.

ash_86

His passing was very very off. Simple through balls gone wrong and attack broke down. Very worrying start to the season.

M16Red

Yep, it's like buying a tin of beans and moaning because you thought it had sausages in there. Did it say sausages on the tin, you bunch of muppits?

Does anyone remember the place in moss side where you could buy tins without any labels on them... early 90s :lol:

Jaykespeare88

Surprising he was right up there in terms of ball losses, but two great balls to cavani, nice quick feet to get away for defenders, he'll come good.

Golden Nugget

Felt he was poor yes, but not as bad as others.

one thing he did do was give us width - stretched play a bit and give us options - which he always does when he plays and is lacking when he doesn’t.

Deery

Dreary
Said we should have went for Raphinha, he doesn’t look anything special for £75m, not fast, not particularly athletic, takes too many touches. I’m hoping this is just settling in but fear he’s another dud..

Ixion

He was really sloppy but I at least noticed he was playing which counts for something over a few of the others

pratyush_utd

Can't tell DeGea and Onana apart.
His passing was awful yesterday which is weird because he is incredibly good at that. Maybe its just one off but needs to get going fast

Godfather

His dribbling when Cavani was offside was very good and hopefully a sign of more to come. But feck me besides that he looked a boy amongst men. Not physically up for it and doesn't look very explosive either

Cnaiür urs Skiötha

Some bad passes, but otherwise he would be the third or fourth name on the team sheet for me. He is the kind of modern, technically sound and intelligent footballer we need if we want to go forward.

Sylar

Should have started :annoyed:

I think if we can implement a team system then he will be one of the most useful players
As long as were relying on moments I think he's a waste for us

You can see there are times he wants to do a give and go but he's ignored

KirkDuyt

Supports
Feyenoord
Starting to feel like Dortmund are not actually a club, but just an elaborately assembled circus troupe who pretend to play football to con other clubs into buying their players who then turn out like Ali Dia.

Early days of course, but it has Kagatharyan written all over it.

united_99

Takes pleasure in other people's pain
Absolutely shit tonight. So so bad. I’m starting to worry about him. I didn’t watch the Bundesliga and find it impossible to correlate what we’ve seen at United with a footballer who was apparently worth a hundred million quid at one point. WTF?
He is much better than he has shown so far at United but he is much worse than some people have made others believe. He is not a future balon d‘or candidate or anything like that. It‘s absolutely ridiculous how some people talk about him in comparison to Rashford. They take his best games in a well functioning attacking team in the Bundesliga and Rashford‘s worse games in average United teams in the PL and then argue how one is a generational talent and the other an average player.

RuudTom83

In the space of a few months he’s had to adapt to a different league. Adapt to 3 different managers all playing different systems.

Poor lad must be dizzy.

Pogue Mahone

The caf's Camus.
"like a man in silk pyjamas shooting pigeons
He is much better than he has shown so far at United but he is much worse than some people have made others believe. He is not a future balon d‘or candidate or anything like that. It‘s absolutely ridiculous how some people talk about him in comparison to Rashford. They take his best games in a well functioning attacking team in the Bundesliga and Rashford‘s worse games in average United teams in the PL and then argue how one is a generational talent and the other an average player.
I’ve noticed that you’re pretty obsessed about defending Rashford but definitely haven’t noticed the posts you‘re describing there. Any specific ones in mind?

Hansi Fick

Supports
FC Bayern
Absolutely shit tonight. So so bad. I’m starting to worry about him. I didn’t watch the Bundesliga and find it impossible to correlate what we’ve seen at United with a footballer who was apparently worth a hundred million quid at one point. WTF?
He hasn't been good, no. Even in his ok games. He looks sluggish and lost. Obviously these are not the kind of performances that made everyone rave about him, so don't worry on that front - it has nothing to do with some intrinsic league difference, even if moving to a new league and team of course matters. The Bundesliga isn't actually that different or that much poorer that this kind of showing would somehow be considered amazing :lol:

Utd need to have patience with him while sorting out their team, style, management, he's an exceptional talent and while there's never a guarantee that even great talents can't flop, I'm sure he will come good over time and you will have loads of amazing moments provided by him. For what it's worth, us Bayern fans had to have a massive amount of patience and optimism with Sané (PL YPOTY after all..), who was downright horrific for a full year (much worse than what you're seeing from Sancho) before improving and now slowly coming good.

Last edited:

united_99

Takes pleasure in other people's pain
I’ve noticed that you’re pretty obsessed about defending Rashford but definitely haven’t noticed the posts you‘re describing there. Any specific ones in mind?
There are a lot ever since we have been linked with him. Everytime Rashford was compared to any other good attacker you get a lot of reaction how he is not even close to them. And this was when he was playing much better than now. With Sancho you don‘t get this (yet). It may start now if his poor form continues. It‘s just that in the past it has been made out that one is average and the other awesome whereas I really think there is nothing between them.
Even in the current and recent match day threads Rashford is getting all the hate and Sancho for similar performances hardly anything.
It’s also not just Rashford.
Against Norwich for example McT gave the ball away and at the same time Sancho gave it away twice within a minute. What followed was 2 pages of hate for McT and hardly a mention of Sancho.

Pogue Mahone

The caf's Camus.
"like a man in silk pyjamas shooting pigeons
He hasn't been good, no. Even in his ok games. He looks sluggish and lost. Obviously these are not the kind of performances that made everyone rave about him, so don't worry on that front - it has nothing to do with some intrinsic league difference, even if moving to a new league and team of course matters. The Bundesliga isn't actually that different or that much poorer that this kind of showing would somehow be considered amazing :lol:

Utd need to have patience with him while sorting out their team, style, management, he's an exceptional talent and while there's never a guarantee that even great talents can't flop, I'm sure he will come good over time and you will have loads of amazing moments provided by him. For what it's worth, us Bayern fans had to have a massive amount of patience and optimism with Sané (PL YPOTY after all..), who was downright horrific for a full year (much worse than what you're seeing from Sancho) before improving and now slowly coming good.
Cool. Thanks. I’m usually very critical of anyone who writes off a new signing in his first season, never mind first half season! So I‘m going against my own advice here. The total clown show at this club over the last few years is making me catastrophise.

Hansi Fick

Supports
FC Bayern
Cool. Thanks. I’m usually very critical of anyone who writes off a new signing in his first season, never mind first half season! So I‘m going against my own advice here. The total clown show at this club over the last few years is making me catastrophise.
Yeah it's difficult.
Calmness and patience are not modes that go along well with the other emotional properties that are integral to our existence as football fans. It becomes even more difficult when huge sums of investment suggest even stronger gratification from a player, and also the player is entering during a phase that is starving fans of positive experiences.
But he is still a kid, there's loads of things he needs to improve upon, he hadn't been completely consistent at Dortmund either, and he is a player that is combinative in nature and needs to click somewhat with his teammates to really shine. At the moment he's looking lost, he's making bad decisions, he's botching actions, but he surely isn't the only one. I don't know when or how well it will work out. But he's so, so seriously good and good to watch when on song, I can assure you, I've seen it.

Status
Not open for further replies.