Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

saivet

Name some.
Thinking wide forwards, I would say Pires, Beckham, Nasri, Joe Cole were hardly known to be pacy strong wide attackers.

Looking at the list of PL wingers, Solano, Lungberg and Kewell are there, don't recall them being particularly quick, but could be wrong.

Isotope

Ten Years a Cafite
He's still finding his feet. Watching him work so hard is a good start.

MDFC Manager

Worrying that he looks good…but he doesn’t look great
Eh, for me that's encouraging, because certainly there's a very good player in there and at 21 and playing in a new league, we can and should afford him the time to settle.

Sea-Cow

He doesn't look fit, which is very disappointing. He looked exhausted after his "goal" today, and that was 30 minutes in. The second-half I forgot he was out there. Maybe he's had Covid, I have no idea, but he just looks sluggish.

croadyman

He doesn't look fit, which is very disappointing. He looked exhausted after his "goal" today, and that was 30 minutes in. The second-half I forgot he was out there. Maybe he's had Covid, I have no idea, but he just looks sluggish.
I have a feeling he may have had it

FrankDrebin

Don't call me Shirley
Supports
USA Manchester Red Socks
Jesus christ, I thought he generally looked good last night and showed alot of promise. :lol:

GlasgowCeltic

Bit timid at times but thought he and Greenwood were good, thought both looked desperate for a striker they could come inside and link with and work off though, both strikers terrible

Red Shorts

Forrest Gimp
I'd like to see more of him on the left with Shaw. You could see some understanding between each other starting to build between the two, and I feel they can create a dangerous combo, given time.

DJ_21

Evens winner of 'Odds or Evens 2022/2023'
We don’t know which players have had covid, but it looks like it could be the majority of the first team, there probably not over it yet either, I’m currently isolating with covid and one of the worse things with it is that it makes you drowsy and tired so early. I think sancho may have been one of the ones who was positive.

FrankDrebin

Don't call me Shirley
Supports
USA Manchester Red Socks
We don’t know which players have had covid, but it looks like it could be the majority of the first team, there probably not over it yet either, I’m currently isolating with covid and one of the worse things with it is that it makes you drowsy and tired so early. I think sancho may have been one of the ones who was positive.
Yep.
I was so tired last week after testing positive. Just couldn't do anything. Didnt last long though, a couple of days.
Hope you're feeling better in time.

ForeverRed1

He just lacks a yard of pace as a wide forward. He’s tricky and skilful and can outsmart players.. but if he was quicker he would be really deadly. He struggles to beat a man one on one.

He is intelligent though with good vision. Maybe needs to bulk up slightly to cope with physicality of the league.

Lots of potential still only 21.

FrankDrebin

Don't call me Shirley
Supports
USA Manchester Red Socks
I think he beats players quite consistently. I think, and this happens alot with our players for some reason, they tend to either overcomplicate matters or get themselves in bizarre no-way-out scenario's.
Our players are constantly too close to the touchlines at times.

MiracleInMadrid

Jesus christ, I thought he generally looked good last night and showed alot of promise. :lol:
Me too! I've been a bit baffled by all the negativity towards him. I think he is one of few players with actual confidence and intensity for the most of the match. Even at the very end of the match he was pressing and trying to make things happen.

He obviously isn't providing back-to-back 10/10 performances, but bloody hell... who is doing that in our team right now? De Gea might be the only stable performer. The rest of the team is in a transitional period adapting to a new mindset and tactic. The likes of Haaland, De Bruyne and Mbappe would look out of place if they were thrown in our team right now. We lack structure and collective excecution of the new gameplan. When we (hopefully) adapt to the new style, and Ralf finds out who in the team fits this style, Sancho will improve as well.

Zehner

Football Statistics Dork
Supports
Bayer 04 Leverkusen
I've just come to the conclusion that I watch a different game of football to 99% of the people that post in this forum.
Hundreds of ghost drivers on the streets today I suppose

RUCK4444

I've just come to the conclusion that I watch a different game of football to 99% of the people that post in this forum.
I thought he wasn’t too good last night, nothing really came off except the deflected goal, has been better in previous games.

Imo he will come good but we’re playing so poorly it’s hard for him as his style is about quick linkup and recycling attacks, which we’ve had very little of this season.

iHicksy

I've come to the conclusion people on the internet don't have a clue what makes a good footballer.

He is a fantastic little player who at 21 years of age has just moved to a new league. I've been most impressed with his ability to carry the ball forwards and some really nice intricate passing. He rarely ever loses the ball and shows really good game intelligence for a player of his age. If you're expecting him to beat 3 players and score a goal a game then your expectations are the issue, not Sancho.

RepardReece

I've come to the conclusion people on the internet don't have a clue what makes a good footballer.

He is a fantastic little player who at 21 years of age has just moved to a new league. I've been most impressed with his ability to carry the ball forwards and some really nice intricate passing. He rarely ever loses the ball and shows really good game intelligence for a player of his age. If you're expecting him to beat 3 players and score a goal a game then your expectations are the issue, not Sancho.
Spot on. From the small parts I watched he was alright.

Think these posters watch the highlights of Sancho on a Youtube video and expect him to play like that every time he touches the ball. This ain't FIFA22 and they are player HIGHLIGHTS for a reason.

BusbyMalone

First Man Falling
Scored a lovely goal last night. The commentators were making a big deal about the deflection, but to me, it was so insignificant that I don't think it had much bearing on the goal anyway. I think it would have gone in without the deflection. I'm sure McCoist referred to it as a cross that he got a little lucky with! Absurd.

Anyway, I said similar at the start of the season, but I'm not worried about him. He's an excellent talent who's not exactly walking into a team firing on all cylinders so it's going to take him some time. I thought he was a little uneven at times yesterday. Sloppy in possession, a couple of poor passes. Think he got dispossessed once or twice. But overall it was a positive showing.

Smores

Yeah he had a decent game. The issue is we're not quite setup to make the most of his talents just yet, we're getting better at quick passing and linking up but at times we look too stretched.

elnorte

Freaky fly day
He'll be about as good as Theo Walcott best scenario and will never win anything of note regardless of however long he may play for us.

Last edited:

SuperiorXI

He's picking up some form for sure, I hope this is the start of a long spell in the team for Sancho as he is an immensely creative player and will be excellent for us.

VinzentFTW

Supports
Liverpool
Similar to Maguire. There is an okey players there but not worth the money. At least Sancho is more marketable, which is dope for United.

SATA

I hope for a couple of games we can see Rashford, Jadon and Greenwood in a front three. So much potential, fluency and movement among them. I also really believe it was Ole’s initial plan to play this trio up top in his XI but because of the Ronaldo signing and Jadon/Rashford getting back late, he couldn’t

elnorte

Freaky fly day
I hope for a couple of games we can see Rashford, Jadon and Greenwood in a front three. So much potential, fluency and movement among them. I also really believe it was Ole’s initial plan to play this trio up top in his XI but because of the Ronaldo signing and Jadon/Rashford getting back late, he couldn’t
Since when?

WR10

Correctly predicted France to win World Cup 2018
He’s 21. What an absolute talent. Lucky to have him, enjoy it

Coops73

He'll be about as good as Theo Walcott best scenario and will never win anything of note regardless of however long he may play for us.
I think posts by people like you are obviously from Liverpool/city/ rival fans who have got feck all else going on in their lives.

JJ12

Predicted Portugal, Italy to win Euro 2016, 2020
I think posts by people like you are obviously from Liverpool/city/ rival fans who have got feck all else going on in their lives.
Couldn’t be more obvious considering how bizarre that statement was.

Walcott :lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.