Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

VinzentFTW

Supports
Liverpool
Wasnt Walcott a similar talent at the same age though ? I remember all the hype about him years back.

elnorte

Freaky fly day
I think posts by people like you are obviously from Liverpool/city/ rival fans who have got feck all else going on in their lives.
I just accept that we're utterly garbage, are drowning in a toxic sea of dreadful players and are likely to be so indefinitely.

I can’t really reply that to you if you think Sancho will be as good as Theo fecking Walcott :lol:
Theo was as hyped as anyone. Sancho will turn out to be just as disappointing. Except we'll spend years fighting about it as his occasional runs of good form will mask the painful truth for a long time before everyone eventually accepts it.

RedDevilCanuck

Quite dreamy - blue eyes, blond hair, tanned skin
The touchline winger role will not help him. He's trying to beat players and he's finding it difficult like Memphis.

He has talent and I think he is more of a central player or winger that floats to the centre.

A touchline winger in the PL needs to be like Zaha, Traore, Nani, Valencia, Sane etc.

He hasn't yet been given a role to excel in.

Ali Dia

Souness's Super Sub/George Weahs Talented Cousin
Stats have him as having an excellent game. Highest presses of any United player. Joint highest number of tackles. Most touches of all our attacking players. Best pass completion % (91.5) Most progressive carries. Most progressive dribbles.
Very solid base to build upon. Confidence building performance. If the rest of the lads did the basics well often enough we’d be fine. We at least need 11 players on the pitch who’ll put in an honest shift and keep tracking back. Good things will come if we do that

Zehner

Football Statistics Dork
Supports
Bayer 04 Leverkusen
The reactions in here made me curious so I watched a Sancho highlights video against Burnley. I'm puzzled as to how people who watch football regularly can't see his talents. He was involved in the scoring of two goals and initiated a great chance on top of a decent overall performance, recycling possession well etc.

I believe many people are living in the ppast and still wish the old kick'n'rush style of the EPL back. But what Sancho is doing is far more effective than fast and strong wingers putting in cross after cross.

Blood Mage

His class is obvious but he's still struggling to adjust to the pace of the league. He'll come good though for sure.

SATA

The reactions in here made me curious so I watched a Sancho highlights video against Burnley. I'm puzzled as to how people who watch football regularly can't see his talents. He was involved in the scoring of two goals and initiated a great chance on top of a decent overall performance, recycling possession well etc.

I believe many people are living in the ppast and still wish the old kick'n'rush style of the EPL back. But what Sancho is doing is far more effective than fast and strong wingers putting in cross after cross.
To be fair, there’s only two or three posts saying he isn’t great and all that, and yeah it’s really weird. Most are convinced he’ll eventually come good and he’s too good a talent not to

tomaldinho1

Wasnt Walcott a similar talent at the same age though ? I remember all the hype about him years back.
Walcott was out and pace with not a huge amount else, Sancho’s game has never been about rinsing people for speed or playing off the shoulder.

Zehner

Football Statistics Dork
Supports
Bayer 04 Leverkusen
To be fair, there’s only two or three posts saying he isn’t great and all that, and yeah it’s really weird. Most are convinced he’ll eventually come good and he’s too good a talent not to
Yes, that's a fair point.

Idxomer

Stats have him as having an excellent game. Highest presses of any United player. Joint highest number of tackles. Most touches of all our attacking players. Best pass completion % (91.5) Most progressive carries. Most progressive dribbles.
He did have a good game, a lot of people here are talking nonsense.

Coops73

I just accept that we're utterly garbage, are drowning in a toxic sea of dreadful players and are likely to be so indefinitely.

Theo was as hyped as anyone. Sancho will turn out to be just as disappointing. Except we'll spend years fighting about it as his occasional runs of good form will mask the painful truth for a long time before everyone eventually accepts it.
Like I’ve accepted you’re a total fraud and just a wind up merchant, now all you have to do is accept its probably better to move on to another fan forum to see how long you can keep this charade up for.

Good luck but do come back and let us all know how long you lasted, just for shits and giggles you understand.

Sea-Cow

Thinking wide forwards, I would say Pires, Beckham, Nasri, Joe Cole were hardly known to be pacy strong wide attackers.

Looking at the list of PL wingers, Solano, Lungberg and Kewell are there, don't recall them being particularly quick, but could be wrong.
Not a comment on the point of your discussion, really, but just being pedantic here.... Lungberg and Kewell both were extremely quick! At least in their early seasons. Kewell put on some weight as he aged but he was very fast when he was young at Leeds. And Lungberg maybe didn't have sprinters speed, but he was lightening quick!

Sea-Cow

I have a feeling he may have had it
And if so then him being exhausted in the first half yesterday would be understandable.

It wouldn't, however, explain the previous matches when I've had the same complaint. It is especially frustrating for me because it's not like he has been picked every week and he has been run into the ground. I would like to think that someone new coming in with a huge contract (that isn't his fault, of course) would work extremely hard to at the very minimum be as fit as they could possibly be. Not getting picked by the manager? Work extra at training. Things aren't coming off and finding things difficult in a new league? Work extra in training. That way when you do get a chance to come in to the side you aren't gassed after 30 minutes.

And maybe he is doing that, I don't know. I just don't think he looks fit, or quick, or fast. He still has obvious quality on the ball and I am happy we signed him, but I just get annoyed when he is spent in the first-half of matches he does start.

westmeath

Correctly predicted France to win World Cup 2018
Can’t believe the negative comments on his performance last night. A solid 6 after a bad start. Starting to show what he can do in recent weeks and I think he will repay the investment. He looks like a player that needs to be coached quite a bit and if, as I expect, RR provides this, then he will have a great second half of the season.

Ali Dia

Souness's Super Sub/George Weahs Talented Cousin
Can’t believe the negative comments on his performance last night. A solid 6 after a bad start. Starting to show what he can do in recent weeks and I think he will repay the investment. He looks like a player that needs to be coached quite a bit and if, as I expect, RR provides this, then he will have a great second half of the season.
He’s a link up player. If we want to play modern football and evolve we need technical lads. Sancho is one such player. It’s just taking a while for him to get up to speed and people seem genuinely shocked he’s not another kick and run winger/striker playing out wide. The scouting reports were coming back saying statistically he’s like a faster more mobile Mata. I can see why we want him and how he fills a need for us. We didn’t need another speedy shooter on the wings. We need craft, someone to knit plays together, suck the opposition in and release it. He also provides extra pressing. He’s gonna be a star. If we get a badass finisher he’s going to help play him in a lot more effectively than Rashford or Greenwood.

RedCurry

He is a technically gifted player and our team needs more of that. Of course he has to improve his impact on the pitch and that will come with time. We need to show some patience with him.

elnorte

Freaky fly day
Like I’ve accepted you’re a total fraud and just a wind up merchant, now all you have to do is accept its probably better to move on to another fan forum to see how long you can keep this charade up for.

Good luck but do come back and let us all know how long you lasted, just for shits and giggles you understand.
Whether I'm sincere or not really is irrelevant. Fact is we're a squad full of shite both in terms of ability and mentality that hasn't got a cat's chance in hell of finishing in the top four. Come next summer where there is a big upturn in the amount of people saying the same thing, I can assure you they won't all be on the wind-up.

DJ_21

Evens winner of 'Odds or Evens 2022/2023'
Yep.
I was so tired last week after testing positive. Just couldn't do anything. Didnt last long though, a couple of days.
Hope you're feeling better in time.
It’s awful isn’t it, thank you, hope your well and recovered.

el3mel

He's not totally shit, but we got absolutely robbed paying such sum of money for him. People actually wanted us to even pay 120m for him, crazy, 90m feels like a robbery by BVB already.

Hope we never, ever buy any other player from this awful team again.

thegregster

Harbinger of new information
Terrible again. 19 games and he has done nothing bar a gift v Chelsea and 1 goal v Burnley. Shouldn't be starting ever again

dove

What are supposed to be his strengths? He cannot pass, cannot dribble past anyone to save his life, cannot keep the ball. Lingard would be much more useful than him in this team. He is still young but feck me he has been complete shite so far, surely contender for worst transfer in the PL history.

RedRonaldo

Wishes to be oppressed.
Terrible game... its only half season, but he is massive flop so far.

Bebestation

Im a doctor btw, my IQ destroys yours
Such a below average player.

Walks in to defenders. Makes the wrong decision.

Offside

Euro 2016 sweepstake winner
When are we going to sign someone who isn’t shite? Bruno was good for a while but even he’s turned to shit. Just one dud after another. Those in charge surely must have questioned their competence at some point?

saivet

A 0/10 performance from him tonight. Getting a lot of the basics wrong and his decision making has been pretty mediocre during his time at the club.

The change of managers, formation and position hasn't helped him but he has to be doing a lot better than what he's shown. I saw enough at BVB to believe in his ability but he's got to improve.

Playing him as a LWB in the 2nd half was a crazy decision as well though.

Bobski

German teams defending with high lines, allowing him plenty of space, and no defensive responsibilities. Flatters his level, as you could see when he was with England.

Doesn't have the stamina to go up and down, works best when playing one two's with his decent burst, but no pace over distance.

RUCK4444

Might as well have had Jadon Smith on the wing tonight.

He was one of the worst, but I give him a tiny bit of slack for walking into the most disgusting season from United in many a year.

KennyBurner

During the world cup we were all surprised he wasn’t a starter ahead of Saka. It’s pretty obvious he is an underwhelming player. No Urgency or belief to his game. He is non threatening which is a concern for how much we bought him.
Compare his runs and to greenwoods. It’s embarrassing stuff.

kouroux

45k posts to finally achieve this tagline
Seems like another waste of money. I'd get and accept if he was trying things and kept failing ala Adama Traore but Sancho is so shy and timid.
He is too lethargic for a dynamic league like the PL

The United

Not sure what some of you guys rated him on based on United games. I know I said it awhile ago but it is hard to be positive about him with the way he has been playing here.

Nothing to do with playing highline or lowline. He could not even pass or control the ball in space anywhere on the pitch.

Skills

Snitch
He just looks so awkward on the ball? Like's he's not comfortable having it at his feet

Status
Not open for further replies.