5.6 Season Average Rating
Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

BlueHaze

Don't give up on him yet people he still has plenty of time to find his feet. If you expected him to come here and instantly be the same player he was at BvB I'm afraid you have only been fooling yourselves. Can't compare the PL to that joke of a league over there.

Bondi77

Meh, these are stats from the Burnley game on 30 Dec:

Again, not defending him in any manner, but this game alone is just one performance you have forgotten.

I know we're in a god awful spell and the team is messy as anything, but comments like Dan James is the better player are downright ridiculous.
I said that James has been more effective for us in the games he played for us than Sancho has and if you do not agree with that then I have to assume you do not watch all the games.
The last thing I will say to you on this topic is forget about what he did at Dortmund and judge him on what he does in a Utd shirt as that is all that matters now.

united for life

He is on 350K per week !

I am really feeling sad about the things moving for us !! Don’t know it’s bad luck or pure wrong choices with players we are buying
is he a bad player? Or is he a good player who came to a team that is struggling and is finding it hard to find his rhythm? His numbers in germany indicate that he is a good football player

RepardReece

I said that James has been more effective for us in the games he played for us than Sancho has and if you do not agree with that then I have to assume you do not watch all the games.
The last thing I will say to you on this topic is forget about what he did at Dortmund and judge him on what he does in a Utd shirt as that is all that matters now.
Never watched him at Dortmund, but for sure can tell he's a better footballer than James.

James when on the ball always felt like he was an amateur, who only played football every so often, it wasn't fluent at all and it's semi like me on the ball when I play 5 a side.

Honestly, you could say he's more effective than anyone on the pitch looking at us this season, but he seriously just isn't, we sold him for a reason.

Hansi Fick

Supports
FC Bayern
The kid is an amazing player who is clearly struggling. Patience, support, that sort of thing. Are these words known in Manchester?

If not, he'll end up an amazing player at another club with a number of wasted years in his career

Swiss_Red89

Do some people really want to sell him at this stage? I mean, for real?

Yes let's sell Rashford, let's sell Sancho. Get rid of Ronaldo. Let's play Elanga and hammer him after his first bad spell.

Sancho's cameo today was bad though. He's in very bad form for some reason. But it's far to early to give up on him.

Bondi77

Never watched him at Dortmund, but for sure can tell he's a better footballer than James.

James when on the ball always felt like he was an amateur, who only played football every so often, it wasn't fluent at all and it's semi like me on the ball when I play 5 a side.

Honestly, you could say he's more effective than anyone on the pitch looking at us this season, but he seriously just isn't, we sold him for a reason.
We doubled our money on James...we would not even get half of the money back on Sancho if we sold him tomorrow!

PoTMS

The kid is an amazing player who is clearly struggling. Patience, support, that sort of thing. Are these words known in Manchester?

If not, he'll end up an amazing player at another club with a number of wasted years in his career
Yeah, that's not happening in the Premier League. He can feck off to one of the weaker leagues if we can get some of our money back.

Frank White

It's not hard for Rashford to get better stats in terms of pressures etc when in the Newcastle game, Sancho started on the bench... Come on now.

Many people agreed post match Burnley he had a good game, so not too sure what you were watching really.
Nope I was comparing Rashford's Newcastle stats to Sancho's Burnley stats.

Woodenlung

How are there 3 pages on this page, from a 15 minute cameo when we were fully on the back foot?

Christ this place disintegrates quickly.
Same thing happened on the Rashford thread a few weeks ago when he had a poor 15 minutes cameo. Far too many posters want to bash players whilst completely ignoring the larger issues at play. We're a crap team playing crap football and nobody should expect any one player to come in and change that. Especially with just 15 minutes to impress. Our problems are far more fundamental.

Sancho is playing poorly as an individual. I won't argue that. But the actual criticism is wildly over the top when you look at all the systems problems we have. Especially that gaping hole in midfield. Nobody makes progressive passes to forwards in space.

Nou_Camp99

what would Souness do?

No mate. He's just an above average player. See his England national team form for further proof. This isn't just limited to United.

The Bundesliga just isn't that good.

Woodenlung

is he a bad player? Or is he a good player who came to a team that is struggling and is finding it hard to find his rhythm? His numbers in germany indicate that he is a good football player
It's the latter, but nitwits on here just want to throw their toys out of the pram.

spiriticon

Patience? We're still waiting for the likes of Martial and Rashford to come good. Some still say next year will be their year.

Sancho can join the queue.

RepardReece

We doubled our money on James...we would not even get half of the money back on Sancho if we sold him tomorrow!
Wow, big woop.

Nope I was comparing Rashford's Newcastle stats to Sancho's Burnley stats.
I'll repeat my second comment then. Many agreed with me that he had a decent game, go back and look at the comments in this thread, so not too sure what game you were watching.

just a small edit: I really don't see the need of you lot to batter 1 individual who made a cameo appearance when most players were god awful. Do you expect him to be prime Messi and dribble from the half way line by himself, and slide one into the net?

elnorte

Freaky fly day

He's symbolic of the club:

Rotten

Frank White

How are there 3 pages on this page, from a 15 minute cameo when we were fully on the back foot?

Christ this place disintegrates quickly.
:lol: Guess it's only a bad thing when it's players we like that are getting stick. Rashford got the same treatment in the exact same scenario except his thread was continually bumped all week.

Hansi Fick

Supports
FC Bayern
Yeah, that's not happening in the Premier League. He can feck off to one of the weaker leagues if we can get some of our money back.
No mate. He's just an above average player. See his England national team form for further proof. This isn't just limited to United.

The Bundesliga just isn't that good.
He's symbolic of the club:

Rotten
You are a toxic fanbase. You are part of the problem.

Frank White

Wow, big woop.

I'll repeat my second comment then. Many agreed with me that he had a decent game, go back and look at the comments in this thread, so not too sure what game you were watching.
Think you're remembering it wrong mate, the comments where at best mildly positive/mostly disappointing.

RepardReece

Think you're remembering it wrong mate, the comments where at best mildly positive/mostly disappointing.
Think you only read the first wave of comments made by ones who seem to only remember the negatives.

Seemingly after that and around the time of my comments a lot of people agreed.

Here's a sample on the same page as mine alone:
Jesus christ, I thought he generally looked good last night and showed alot of promise. :lol:

Bit timid at times but thought he and Greenwood were good, thought both looked desperate for a striker they could come inside and link with and work off though, both strikers terrible

Me too! I've been a bit baffled by all the negativity towards him. I think he is one of few players with actual confidence and intensity for the most of the match. Even at the very end of the match he was pressing and trying to make things happen.

I've just come to the conclusion that I watch a different game of football to 99% of the people that post in this forum.

I've come to the conclusion people on the internet don't have a clue what makes a good footballer.

He is a fantastic little player who at 21 years of age has just moved to a new league. I've been most impressed with his ability to carry the ball forwards and some really nice intricate passing. He rarely ever loses the ball and shows really good game intelligence for a player of his age. If you're expecting him to beat 3 players and score a goal a game then your expectations are the issue, not Sancho.

Yeah he had a decent game. The issue is we're not quite setup to make the most of his talents just yet, we're getting better at quick passing and linking up but at times we look too stretched.

He's picking up some form for sure, I hope this is the start of a long spell in the team for Sancho as he is an immensely creative player and will be excellent for us.

spiriticon

And what do us fans get for all this patience and trying to be supportive all these years? Players who don't want to run and don't give a feck? Players who don't want to play or train properly?

Sometimes maybe other clubs fans get it right when they go in hard on the players. Real Madrid, with their yearly circus of booing fans, have never been as bad as we have been.

saivet

Surprised to see so much complaining for 15 minute cameo. He wasn't particularly good but we were pinned back and he didn't see much of the ball.

Hansi Fick

Supports
FC Bayern
Of course it is. The players again conveniently take no responsibility. It's everyone's faults but their own.
Responsibility? The players are actually ... playing.. you know? What do you do? :lol:

RepardReece

Surprised to see so much complaining for 15 minute cameo. He wasn't particularly good but we were pinned back and he didn't see much of the ball.
He could score a hattrick and people would complain. That's just how redcafe is. They watch highlights of prime messi and now expect that from every player 24/7.

Sancho didn't help today when he came on the pitch but not really sure what he could've done to change that onslaught we faced.

Bondi77

Wow, big woop.

just a small edit: I really don't see the need of you lot to batter 1 individual who made a cameo appearance when most players were god awful. Do you expect him to be prime Messi and dribble from the half way line by himself, and slide one into the net?
Far from it but I would expect that if we have outlaid 73mil quid on a winger that he would be capable of at least having the ability to beat full backs on a fairly regular basis.

Hansi Fick

Supports
FC Bayern
Imagine if you lot had a Chelsea and Man City to compete against domestically. You'd not be so smug then.

Bundesliga is a glorified SPL.
Imagine thinking that the reason every player you buy ends up playing poorly is because they are not good enough for you

The mixture of chauvinism, stupidity and sense of entitlement at display in your posts is pretty spectacular. Sancho is not entertaining you enough? He really should have cut his holiday short, shouldn't he? After all, he earns a lot of money!

RepardReece

Far from it but I would expect that if we have outlaid 73mil quid on a winger that he would be capable of at least having the ability to beat full backs on a fairly regular basis.
Pretty sure everyone expects more from what he's currently outputting buddy. No one's arguing that.

Additionally, I don't think it's a coincidence that every big signing we have made hasn't worked out, the way this club has been run and the management/tactics is god awful. Every one of our big money signings would have done better at the likes of City.

thegregster

Harbinger of new information
Imagine thinking that the reason every player you buy ends up playing poorly because they are not good enough for you

The mixture of chauvinism, stupidity and sense of entitlement at display in your posts is pretty spectacular. Sancho is not entertaining you enough? He really should have cut his holiday short, shouldn't he? After all, he earns a lot of money!
Nope. We have just bought a load of crap for the last 9 years.

Not only have they flopped here but when they have moved on they have done nothing.

E-mal

The BSL is a shite league, with Bayern as the only good team, ofcourse he had look good. He isnt all that and frankly not good enough to start for a truly elite team.

marktan

Imagine thinking that the reason every player you buy ends up playing poorly is because they are not good enough for you

You're just angry he's playing bad because it reflects poorly on the Bundesliga. And no, some players like Bruno end up being good. It's just we've signed a lot of shite too.

Matt851

Patience? We're still waiting for the likes of Martial and Rashford to come good. Some still say next year will be their year.

Sancho can join the queue.
So are we know blaming sancho for martial never coming good?

lilcurt

He is a good player but just so slow. Give him this season to bed into the league, but I wouldn't he just isn't cut out for the pace of the game here.

spiriticon

No one's expecting him to come on and score a hattrick but if he can't beat a player, look spritely, or at least get involved in the defending, despite being the freshest player then what's the point?

Nou_Camp99

what would Souness do?

Not everyone we buy has been poor though. Bruno has been superb mostly. Won player of the year and fans players of the year in 2 years.

Any reason why Havertz and Werner look very average too?

thegregster

Harbinger of new information
You're just angry he's playing bad because it reflects poorly on the Bundesliga. And no, some players like Bruno end up being good. It's just we've signed a lot of shite too.
Havertz,Sancho and Weiner.

180m and they have 12 goals between them in 106 apps.

Can't wait till we spend 100mil+ on Bellingham.

Status
Not open for further replies.