Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

BurgerVan

Supports
Arsenal
Sancho is a better player than Saka or Elanga almost guaranteed.
Oh please. Literally only a few Man Utd fans would claim he is better than Saka, (almost guaranteed lol) this is so biased I actually laughed. No nuetral fan in the world would agree. I actually think if you put a poll on here would you swap them, Saka would likely STILL come out on top.

Sancho runs like he is towing a skip mate. The Bundesliga have shipped a few dummies over to the PL haven't they.

Bebestation

Im a doctor btw, my IQ destroys yours
I thought we should have left Elanga on, put Greenwood CF and have Sancho right. Digne is not as aggressive as Cash in defence, and was on a yellow.

Not saying it would have made a difference anyway, but would have made more sense to me.
Yep. Cavani was non existent at about 50 mins on. Elanga was the best forward if not the second best and taking him off for Sancho was a mistake.

Zehner

Football Statistics Dork
Supports
Bayer 04 Leverkusen
My limited understanding of football?

When City have some of the fastest most powerful players in the league?

Bernardo Silva is very fast with an unbelievable work rate?
City have some of the fastest and most powerful players in the league? And who's that supposed to be? Bernardo Silva is very fast?

City is probably the physically weakest team among the top 6. And they bother so much that they leave their fastest player on the bench regularly.

Zehner

Football Statistics Dork
Supports
Bayer 04 Leverkusen
Come on pal...this kind of patronising, antagonistic nonsense is poor form. Speaking like you're some sort of footballing oracle when you're just another guy watching footie and posting about it.
Can't blame people for feeling like Johan Cruyff or Pep Guardiola after reading two pages in this thread. You almost forget we're discussing a football player with all that talk about pace and power.

Righteous Steps

City have some of the fastest and most powerful players in the league? And who's that supposed to be? Bernardo Silva is very fast?

City is probably the physically weakest team among the top 6. And they bother so much that they leave their fastest player on the bench regularly.
You’re wrong, City have pace and power in wide positions where it counts. Most notably Walker and Cancelo, as you know in peps way of playing, full backs are just as important in providing attacking impetus and width as anyone else in his team.

Then he has Sterling one of the quicker players in the league, plus Foden Mahrez Jesus who are no slouches themselves.

Peps best version of City, is still the team he had Sane and Sterling on the wings, pace would always be a valuable attribute to have as a winger, regardless of philosophy or styles.

Now I still think Sancho can succeed and become one of the best forwards in the world without searing pace, but it will always be a bonus especially in a league like PL which probably has the most athletic players and defenders in the world.

Pickle85

Can't blame people for feeling like Johan Cruyff or Pep Guardiola after reading two pages in this thread. You almost forget we're discussing a football player with all that talk about pace and power.
But the tone of the post was a bit much. You're no Johan Cruyff or Pep. Like us mere mortals you're just another guy talking football.

Hansi Fick

Supports
FC Bayern
Fact is that Sancho has been performing poorly. He's been sluggish, he has been sloppy and without intensity or freshness, he has been technically poor, he has been making bad decisions. For whatever reason, and we know that he can be infinitely better, but that's what he has been.

Now, he's not the athletic and pacey winger type of attacker, that's true, and if people either expected him to be that or think that only such types of players can be great in the PL they are wrong.
But you still need to play with intensity, physical presence and quickness to be a good player anywhere, Sancho has lacked those attributes so far in his performances as much as he displayed them before at BVB. How much this has to do with "modern football" is very debatable (not to mention including a dinosaur like Rangnick in that simplistic equation), and so 95% of your post did go completely nowhere.

Righteous Steps

Pep has had to acclimatise to an English style of play also, he has explained this himselfL as a German I thought you would be far more aware that there are more than one way to skin a cat, Germany for example have never really been known for a stylish expansive style of play that we associate with Iberian teams, still they’ve been hugely successful, and the same is happening in England where all the best teams bar 1 or two are operating in this league, and all managers including the ones you named know that they can’t be too idealistic when dealing with the fast pace style of English football.

Deery

Dreary

So you didn’t see KDB scoring with a powerful run through midfield and shot just yesterday a trait he usually does to make the difference?

Or Jack Grealish who was the standout player for Villa regularly beating one or two men?

Raheem Sterling very fast that uses his acceleration to beat a man get to the byline and square it?

Kyle Walker the reason City can play a high line with his extraordinary pace?

Cancelo who has already pulled out some amazing long drives for City and Portugal?

Phil Foden another one with great turn of pace?

DWelbz19

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
That's true. It's a good question.
Maybe the "part of a problem" bit is too melodramatic. Arguably, it doesn't matter much to the running of the club how sensible or outrageously unreasonable posts on online forums about football are, and to demand responsibility from ourselves posting is kind of nonsensical, since the opportunity to be unreasonable is kind of the whole thing.

However
1) it just irks me very much, the lack of self-awareness or of sense of irony when people behind their keyboard earnestly mouth off about players having to 'take responsibility', being 'spoiled and entitled brats', etc., when these players actually devote their whole life to playing football for our entertainment. They've been doing nothing else since they are kids. It's their whole existence. When they play poor, when their club gets relegated, their actual life is impacted on a massive scale.
While we, when things go wrong, are just in a bad mood as our habitual opportunity to gratuitously make ourselves feel better from other people's work is spoiled. Fans are by definition spoiled and entitled. We want other people to do things for us, and we cheer them on or abuse them for it. Imagine if there were a mob of 50000 people watching your every move in your job, jeering if you, I don't know, type a word wrong, and then millions more would tweet about it?
At the very least we fans should remain self-aware about it.

2) Especially in the age of social media, the feedback loops of public opinions are real and do have an impact. We have the thread about Phil Lynch, CEO of Media, and the guy says exactly how everyday he scans the fan mood on social media and then briefs/instructs the players or their PR team on how to react. And then we have Bruno Fernandes apologizing on Twitter for missing a penalty. I'm not claiming the impact is severe, but it does exist, and thus, to however small an amount, toxicity in the fan social media creeps back into the club.
Now, you could say the fans are just reacting badly to bad stuff from the club. True, but they are also incited by a media and social media architecture that wants to see the world burn for clicks.
Again, just a little sense of proportion, self-awareness, playfulness while being fanatics is needed also from us. Remembering that to us, it's a fecking game, for the players, coaches, staff, it's not just.

Sorry for the essay. Maybe better suited for the mental health thread by @Mr Pigeon
Starting to find myself agreeing with some of your posts. Scary.

Zehner

Football Statistics Dork
Supports
Bayer 04 Leverkusen
But the tone of the post was a bit much. You're no Johan Cruyff or Pep. Like us mere mortals you're just another guy talking football.
True, I got carried away a bit I guess :)

Fact is that Sancho has been performing poorly. He's been sluggish, he has been sloppy and without intensity or freshness, he has been technically poor, he has been making bad decisions. For whatever reason, and we know that he can be infinitely better, but that's what he has been.

Now, he's not the athletic and pacey winger type of attacker, that's true, and if people either expected him to be that or think that only such types of players can be great in the PL they are wrong.
But you still need to play with intensity, physical presence and quickness to be a good player anywhere, Sancho has lacked those attributes so far in his performances as much as he displayed them before at BVB. How much this has to do with "modern football" is very debatable (not to mention including a dinosaur like Rangnick in that simplistic equation), and so 95% of your post did go completely nowhere.
Sancho has been criticized heavily in here for pretty good games. And that's because he has it more difficult with his style of play to convince fans.

Moreover, you always observe that kind of thing (lack of intensity, physical presence, etc.) when a player isn't suited to the style of the team. People look more at this stuff when things aren't working out and ignore it if players collect a few scorers here and there. Sancho currently looks like a fish out of water because he ends up in far fewer situations in which he can play out his strengths than it was the case at Dortmund. And this has to do with many different things: Lack of pressing, lack of a structured build up, wrong responsibilities (isolated one on ones etc.). Of course that also has an influence on form and confidence but that's a consequence, not the cause if you ask me. There's even more indication of this when reading the stories that Rangnick is already abandoning his actual style of play because he thinks the team can't press the way he wants it to do.

Pep has had to acclimatise to an English style of play also, he has explained this himselfL as a German I thought you would be far more aware that there are more than one way to skin a cat, Germany for example have never really been known for a stylish expansive style of play that we associate with Iberian teams, still they’ve been hugely successful, and the same is happening in England where all the best teams bar 1 or two are operating in this league, and all managers including the ones you named know that they can’t be too idealistic when dealing with the fast pace style of English football.
Pep especially had to acclimatize to the schedule, not the style of play. Football is football. If a system is suited to the highest level of football in the world (CL) it is definitely suited to the EPL as well. Just because most teams choose a more physical style this doesn't mean that a different style can't be successful. But of course you'll have a difficult time if you are not a physical player but join a team that wants to utilize physique. But this is self induced. If more teams actually tried to play technical football, things would look different.

So you didn’t see KDB scoring with a powerful run through midfield and shot just yesterday a trait he usually does to make the difference?

Or Jack Grealish who was the standout player for Villa regularly beating one or two men?

Raheem Sterling very fast that uses his acceleration to beat a man get to the byline and square it?

Kyle Walker the reason City can play a high line with his extraordinary pace?

Cancelo who has already pulled out some amazing long drives for City and Portugal?

Phil Foden another one with great turn of pace?
See, City has two attackers who are faster than Sancho: Foden and Sterling. Bernardo Silva is quite clearly slower than him and Mahrez, Grealish and Jesus probably around the same. None of them are stronger than Sancho either. And ironically, Guardiola often leaves that pace on the bench to play slower players. Moreover, City plays very slow and physically average midfielders like Gündogan and Rodri who should be bullied by the physical EPL opponents. But it is hard to bully someone if you can't get near them.

The notion that you have to be strong and fast to play in the EPL is primarily self induced because the teams choose to play that way. Of course it is hard to flourish in a setup that asks you to beat your marker in physical duels when physique isn't among your strengths. But you don't have to play that way. We see EPL teams being schooled internationally almost every year. It's nothing more than a self-chosen mental restriction.

Frank White

Think you only read the first wave of comments made by ones who seem to only remember the negatives.

Seemingly after that and around the time of my comments a lot of people agreed.

Here's a sample on the same page as mine alone:
Jesus christ, I thought he generally looked good last night and showed alot of promise. :lol:

Bit timid at times but thought he and Greenwood were good, thought both looked desperate for a striker they could come inside and link with and work off though, both strikers terrible

Me too! I've been a bit baffled by all the negativity towards him. I think he is one of few players with actual confidence and intensity for the most of the match. Even at the very end of the match he was pressing and trying to make things happen.

I've just come to the conclusion that I watch a different game of football to 99% of the people that post in this forum.

I've come to the conclusion people on the internet don't have a clue what makes a good footballer.

He is a fantastic little player who at 21 years of age has just moved to a new league. I've been most impressed with his ability to carry the ball forwards and some really nice intricate passing. He rarely ever loses the ball and shows really good game intelligence for a player of his age. If you're expecting him to beat 3 players and score a goal a game then your expectations are the issue, not Sancho.

Yeah he had a decent game. The issue is we're not quite setup to make the most of his talents just yet, we're getting better at quick passing and linking up but at times we look too stretched.

He's picking up some form for sure, I hope this is the start of a long spell in the team for Sancho as he is an immensely creative player and will be excellent for us.
FFS i remember who you are now, you didn't even watch the game you're quoting.

Deery

Dreary
See, City has two attackers who are faster than Sancho: Foden and Sterling. Bernardo Silva is quite clearly slower than him and Mahrez, Grealish and Jesus probably around the same. None of them are stronger than Sancho either. And ironically, Guardiola often leaves that pace on the bench to play slower players. Moreover, City plays very slow and physically average midfielders like Gündogan and Rodri who should be bullied by the physical EPL opponents. But it is hard to bully someone if you can't get near them.

The notion that you have to be strong and fast to play in the EPL is primarily self induced because the teams choose to play that way. Of course it is hard to flourish in a setup that asks you to beat your marker in physical duels when physique isn't among your strengths. But you don't have to play that way. We see EPL teams being schooled internationally almost every year. It's nothing more than a self-chosen mental restriction.
You’re wrong again Grealish and Mahrez are about 10x stronger than Sancho and Rodri is big and strong enough to physically impose himself I’ve seen him do it many times, Gundogan who isn’t known for it but he throws himself into tackles quite regularly. Let’s not pretend City are a team full of shrinking violets because the keep it simple and play a lot of football because that’s just a false narrative

And your second point just takes me back to the UCL argument that English teams are dominating Europe for quite a while now so obviously physicality and athleticism has become essential to gaining the advantage.

lex talionis

This season is pretty much in the waste bin now and some players like Sancho never got off the blocks properly.

Hansi Fick

Supports
FC Bayern
Moreover, you always observe that kind of thing (lack of intensity, physical presence, etc.) when a player isn't suited to the style of the team. People look more at this stuff when things aren't working out and ignore it if players collect a few scorers here and there. Sancho currently looks like a fish out of water because he ends up in far fewer situations in which he can play out his strengths than it was the case at Dortmund. And this has to do with many different things: Lack of pressing, lack of a structured build up, wrong responsibilities (isolated one on ones etc.). Of course that also has an influence on form and confidence but that's a consequence, not the cause if you ask me.
That is all true. But it applies more to his first appearances, when the most distinct impression was one of him being out of sync with the rest of the team, not one of him being poor.
Since then, it doesn't cover the whole story, since his performances seem to have deteriorated and become poor on their own, including what might be a lack of application. It is a consequence of something, of course - he's not shit 'because he's shit', which is, quite amazingly, the stance quite some Utd fans seem to be taking, when of course it's a fact that their club signed an exceptional young player who has played on a very high level before.

I'm just absolutely astounded at the complete lack of the will to be patient, or of the capability to suspend judgement just for a little while, that some people display. It's downright mean-spirited. A number of posters started Sancho's United career off by complaining that he was going on holidays after the Euros..

Sylar

Let's hope he's having his 2nd season syndrome now, because his few good moments this season has simply not been enough.
Or first season embedding into a new league

I think he will be fine if we get competent midfielders who can pass and move too (and a structure)
It seems we change game to game and that's bonkers for a supposed big club

Zehner

Football Statistics Dork
Supports
Bayer 04 Leverkusen
That is all true. But it applies more to his first appearances, when the most distinct impression was one of him being out of sync with the rest of the team, not one of him being poor.
Since then, it doesn't cover the whole story, since his performances seem to have deteriorated and become poor on their own, including what might be a lack of application. It is a consequence of something, of course - he's not shit 'because he's shit', which is, quite amazingly, the stance quite some Utd fans seem to be taking, when of course it's a fact that their club signed an exceptional young player who has played on a very high level before.

I'm just absolutely astounded at the complete lack of the will to be patient, or of the capability to suspend judgement just for a little while, that some people display. It's downright mean-spirited. A number of posters started Sancho's United career off by complaining that he was going on holidays after the Euros..
I agree with that. Only want to add that actually his good performances aren't event that long ago. He was good before United's forced break

Righteous Steps

True, I got carried away a bit I guess :)

Sancho has been criticized heavily in here for pretty good games. And that's because he has it more difficult with his style of play to convince fans.

Moreover, you always observe that kind of thing (lack of intensity, physical presence, etc.) when a player isn't suited to the style of the team. People look more at this stuff when things aren't working out and ignore it if players collect a few scorers here and there. Sancho currently looks like a fish out of water because he ends up in far fewer situations in which he can play out his strengths than it was the case at Dortmund. And this has to do with many different things: Lack of pressing, lack of a structured build up, wrong responsibilities (isolated one on ones etc.). Of course that also has an influence on form and confidence but that's a consequence, not the cause if you ask me. There's even more indication of this when reading the stories that Rangnick is already abandoning his actual style of play because he thinks the team can't press the way he wants it to do.

Pep especially had to acclimatize to the schedule, not the style of play. Football is football. If a system is suited to the highest level of football in the world (CL) it is definitely suited to the EPL as well. Just because most teams choose a more physical style this doesn't mean that a different style can't be successful. But of course you'll have a difficult time if you are not a physical player but join a team that wants to utilize physique. But this is self induced. If more teams actually tried to play technical football, things would look different.

English teams have been the best in Europe for the last two years, it’s not either or, the best teams are technical while also being physical. Pep is probably the best manager for Sanchos qualities, Klopp prefers his wingers to be fast strong and able to run in behind to finish chances which Sancho doesn’t do much of.

At the same token even Pep I think would prefer fast and technical players with intelligence also, Sancho has everything else but pace, the system has to be right for him to fit in therefore and united system isnt currently.

I still think he will come good though because he is very talented.

Lay

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
Oh please. Literally only a few Man Utd fans would claim he is better than Saka, (almost guaranteed lol) this is so biased I actually laughed. No nuetral fan in the world would agree. I actually think if you put a poll on here would you swap them, Saka would likely STILL come out on top.

Sancho runs like he is towing a skip mate. The Bundesliga have shipped a few dummies over to the PL haven't they.
runs like he’s towing a skip :lol: it’s true, he’s a lot slower than I expected for a wide player. He’s like Memphis Depay, not quick enough to get away from his man in the EPL.

Orion.

Naturally weakest team perhaps, but doped to physical supremacy like Klopp’s asthmatics and every other success story of German football of the past decade.

There’s a reason clubs like Dortmund see players peak only to decline massively at their next clubs, and it’s certainly not flaws in the British footballing psyche.

Himannv

I agree with the narrative that people are being too harsh with Sancho. He hasn't played well but I don't feel he has the perfect role in the team for him to shine either and he's struggling to get into a rhythm in a team that is clearly in transition.

RedRonaldo

Wishes to be oppressed.
I agree with the narrative that people are being too harsh with Sancho. He hasn't played well but I don't feel he has the perfect role in the team for him to shine either and he's struggling to get into a rhythm in a team that is clearly in transition.
To be fair, any club who has spend huge amount of money on a player, mostly based on his impressive stats, and only manage 2 goals 0 assists in 23 games in return, you would have expected fans would turn against him. It has happened to Sanchez here before, can’t say it wasn’t justified.

Last edited:

RedCurry

I feel bad for him and for Man Utd. He’s clearly found it tough to settle in and he won’t be able to do so when we are constantly playing in pressure cooker scenario every single game.

Ludens the Red

That’s now Keita, Havertz, Werner and Sancho over a period of about two years who’ve come in and been average or poor. It’s time to abandon the Bundesliga.

Red Rash

It's way too early to judge him already. Despite how much we paid for him, Sancho is a young player who has played all his senior career so far in a foreign league.

Also the team he joined are in a crisis and the manager that signed him has already been sacked.

I'm also surprised at people claiming Sancho is slow. He is definitely not a speed merchant like Rashford for example but I think his pace is ok and I've seen him glide past players with his dribbling.

The main problem Sancho is facing is similar to Donny. These are pass and move players who like to play quick interchanges. If we play this style we will see the best of them however the current play style doesn't have a clear identity.

arthurka

He just looks like every other English Utd player that went to the Euros. Absolutely tragic.

Maureen-yo

Do the attacking players have better stats for German clubs because the Bundesliga defences typically play a lot higher back line meaning there’s plenty of space in behind?

TrustInJanuzaj

'Liverpool are a proper club'

Arsenal fans never change :lol:

Stacks

Sancho is the most exciting young player I've seen in the Bundesliga (yes, including Haaland). He's one of the very few players I would walk out of my way to watch them. Which is why I was disappointed that he chose United from the first place. I actually hoped I would be proven wrong and he does well here but unfortunately it went as expected up to this point.

I always thought he'd have a hard time with EPL fans because most are stuck in the 00s and only value pace and power while not even recognizing technique and subtletly in attacking players. It was also clear that he'd struggle with the absolute mess this United team is as a unit.

Hoped he'd go to Chelsea or City or wait for a move to La Liga but unfortunately he rushed it. Now I'm kind of hoping he realizes his mistake and finds a way out of this club in the summer.
Nonsense. we have grown with players like Cantona, Bergkamp, Zola, Pires, Cesc, Ronaldo, Henry, Ginola, Beckham, Scholes, Robben. Many of these players were voted player of the season in England so its nonsense to claim England doesn't recognised their talents. You are just making excuses. Fact is players nowadays need so many more conditions to perform compared to the past. Also its not as if all of Chelsea and City's players are doing well. Many of Chelsea big signings have been meh, especially those from the bundesliga and Grealish has 3 goals and 3 assists in 22 games. Sancho could well flop at those teams. I get you are a superfan but many talents dont make the step up from the Bundesliga to the Premier league since the Bundesliga is a trash league. I hope Sancho gets better here as it is possible

Zehner

Football Statistics Dork
Supports
Bayer 04 Leverkusen
English teams have been the best in Europe for the last two years, it’s not either or, the best teams are technical while also being physical. Pep is probably the best manager for Sanchos qualities, Klopp prefers his wingers to be fast strong and able to run in behind to finish chances which Sancho doesn’t do much of.

At the same token even Pep I think would prefer fast and technical players with intelligence also, Sancho has everything else but pace, the system has to be right for him to fit in therefore and united system isnt currently.

I still think he will come good though because he is very talented.
Klopp's Dortmund teams featured Götze, Kagawa, Sahin, Gündogan and Lewandowski as starters. He never had a goal scoring inverted forward back then nor did he play particularly fast players, the fastest probably being Kuba. He's not about pace but pressing, structure and transitional moments. I don't think you fully get Klopp.

Also Sancho's pace is neither spectacular nor bad.

Naturally weakest team perhaps, but doped to physical supremacy like Klopp’s asthmatics and every other success story of German football of the past decade.

There’s a reason clubs like Dortmund see players peak only to decline massively at their next clubs, and it’s certainly not flaws in the British footballing psyche.
Ah of course, that's the reason :) Have you ever heard of cognitive dissonances? They are the root of many conspiracy theories.

Nonsense. we have grown with players like Cantona, Bergkamp, Zola, Pires, Cesc, Ronaldo, Henry, Ginola, Beckham, Scholes, Robben. Many of these players were voted player of the season in England so its nonsense to claim England doesn't recognised their talents. You are just making excuses. Fact is players nowadays need so many more conditions to perform compared to the past. Also its not as if all of Chelsea and City's players are doing well. Many of Chelsea big signings have been meh, especially those from the bundesliga and Grealish has 3 goals and 3 assists in 22 games. Sancho could well flop at those teams. I get you are a superfan but many talents dont make the step up from the Bundesliga to the Premier league since the Bundesliga is a trash league. I hope Sancho gets better here as it is possible
You didn't comprehend what I wrote I fear.

Also, bit rich to belittle the Bundesliga when a player who looked worldclass in the EPL and then went on to flop in La Liga and Bundesliga just turned up against you. The world's not black and white. Sancho would be world class for City, Liverpool or Chelsea. It's this dysfunctional mess of a team that holds him back.

GoonerInPeace

Supports
Arsenal
You should be building the front line around Greenwood, Sancho and Rashford. Like we will with ESR, Martinelli and Saka.

Ronaldo is counter productive. He is not 31 or 32, he is 37 in February. You got the early years out of him, Real Madrid used his best years, Juventus got the last juice out of him. You signed him in part to stop him going to City (Pep wouldn't put up with Ronaldo flapping his arms around berating team mates for an underhit pass), you also signed him for nostalgic reasons, and perhaps having finished 2nd last year it was thought he had 1 or 2 great years left in him and he could fire you to a title (I actually thought this). But Ronaldo isnt performing to the levels has has in the past, and you will not win the title.

I know it would be a earthquake decision, but why not sell him in January? If you tried to sell in January, few other top clubs would come in for him. And that in itself tells you something. Of course it wont happen, and Rangnick wouldn't bench him because its Ronaldo and Rangnick isnt even sure of his future.

Although if Pep was your manager and was to be for the next 5 years. I actually think Ronaldo would not feature as often as he does.

Rashford mind has gone for a wonder, who knows what will happen with him. But your forward line should be built around Greenwood and Sancho, but this will have to wait because of Ronaldo's presence. In the mean time Sancho and Greenwood will have to accept Ronaldo flapping his arms around for placing a non perfect pass. Perhaps When Ronaldo turns 39, he can leave and then United can actually commence building a forward line for a title challenge.

united for life

even worse, the team seems to be in a free fall. I can not judge him as he has not got a proper run of games. In half a season, he played 3 different positions at least. This is not helping him to adapt. Also, what is he supposed to adapt to? What is the system? Who are the starters in the team that he will play along week in week out? He is quality for sure, but I am afraid we'll ruin him...

TenonTen

Supports
Neutral
Wonder how Sancho would do in Sane's current role in Bayern

Would Sancho excel at playing as a right winger who drifts inwards and looks to create chances and situations?
That might suit his skill set.
Sane plays that exact role currently(but from the left wing).....

Zehner

Football Statistics Dork
Supports
Bayer 04 Leverkusen
Wonder how Sancho would do in Sane's current role in Bayern

Would Sancho excel at playing as a right winger who drifts inwards and looks to create chances and situations?
That might suit his skill set.
Sane plays that exact role currently(but from the left wing).....
That's pretty much how he played when Hakimi was still at Dortmund. But I think it has less to do with the positions he's being played in. Inverted left winger is probably where he's best.

Stacks

Klopp's Dortmund teams featured Götze, Kagawa, Sahin, Gündogan and Lewandowski as starters. He never had a goal scoring inverted forward back then nor did he play particularly fast players, the fastest probably being Kuba. He's not about pace but pressing, structure and transitional moments. I don't think you fully get Klopp.

Also Sancho's pace is neither spectacular nor bad.

Ah of course, that's the reason :) Have you ever heard of cognitive dissonances? They are the root of many conspiracy theories.

You didn't comprehend what I wrote I fear.

Also, bit rich to belittle the Bundesliga when a player who looked worldclass in the EPL and then went on to flop in La Liga and Bundesliga just turned up against you. The world's not black and white. Sancho would be world class for City, Liverpool or Chelsea. It's this dysfunctional mess of a team that holds him back.
no he wouldn't. They have no players with his skillset. Liverpool have no one like him in their wide positions. Where would he play at Chelsea and in what role? City wide players are expected to take people on

Zehner

Football Statistics Dork
Supports
Bayer 04 Leverkusen
no he wouldn't. They have no players with his skillset. Liverpool have no one like him in their wide positions. Where would he play at Chelsea and in what role? City wide players are expected to take people on
Well, he wouldn't be played to take players on and if he would, they would make sure that he's surrounded with the right movent to dribble off them by overloading the fullbackk. But he would most likely be played in a similar fashion to how Guardiola plays Bernardo Silva or Klopp played Götze and/or Kagawa.

I also think it's quite funny that you use Guardiola and Klopp as your arguments when both would probably completely disagree with your take on the Bundesliga and the players you deem not good enough to play in the EPL.

Devil’s Trident

I remember when I used to say that he reminded me of Aaron Lennon and Walcott.
And you are still wrong. Lennon and Walcott were all about rapid acceleration and all pace. Sancho is quite the opposite of that. Decent skills but no acceleration and no pace. They couldn’t make to the top because that’s all they had and Sancho won’t make to the top because he doesn’t have it. Plus he is brushed aside so easily like a weaker Mata which is hilarious in itself.

Never wanted him. Always wanted Kingsley coman. But most people can’t see past stats including our board. I was on point about him from the very begining when our name was starting to emerge. Never saw with him. It was so obvious atleast to me that he doesn’t have any pace or insane skills and to be a successful world class winger in premier league. You either are pacy with skills or be an absolute baller in terms of close control, trickery and vision. Decent pace average skills and you are going nowhere near the top.

Greck

You should be building the front line around Greenwood, Sancho and Rashford. Like we will with ESR, Martinelli and Saka.
I'll pass on building around the most overrated parts of our attack. Sancho hasn't even shown anything in our shirt, right now he makes Pogba's signing look like a smashing success. Meanwhile Rashford doesn't understand anything that isn't running in a straight line. We'll continue looking clueless in front of low blocks with this kind of player. He has a long long way to go to be a centerpiece in any rebuild. His godawful decision making saw him plateau a while ago. People still think it's a random patch of form. That's why you get fan excuses about breaking up with his girlfriend affecting his form.

Status
Not open for further replies.