Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

AltiUn

likes playing with swords after fantasies
It's fair to say its not been a great start to his career here. No assists in 23 games and 2 goals, not a huge amount of playing time. He's come into a dysfunctional team and has had some issues to deal with so these things are understandable.

It might be that it's next year that we see the best of him and hopefully the move to a more progressive brand of football (if we get the right manager) might help him.
I'd hope so, think it's always fair to give new signings a year and then see how they're getting on. If they're still struggling in their second season then it might be cause for concern.

Oranges038

He's only in the door 6 months and hasn't really had a decent run of games together in a settled team. He's not been great, but writing him off so early is a bit much.

There's at least 10 other players in the squad that should be done away with before him.

Telsim

This latest... topic is such a pointless thing.

Was it Rangnick's place to reveal this? Maybe, maybe not. Could have just said "personal reasons" and that's it.

Then again, someone else would have picked up on this and posted about it. Or they would just speculate and write bull articles about a supposed storm brewing between Rangnick and Sancho, like they do know. Sancho just has to get used to this. The price of fame and all. It's unfortunate, but it is what it is.

Besides, a week from now no one but the immediately affected will remember or care about the reason he wasn't in the squad.

A nothing burger.

Laurencio

I like Sancho, but if this is true, I’m getting sick of this squad’s propensity to be offended by the most innocuous of incidents. It’s like they invent a reason to be upset every week before running to the press.
This is nonsense. Sancho knows he's not been good enough. You can't convince me that a 20 year old who was that great in Germany isn't aware of his sub-par performances since moving here. I reckon he'll be glad to not have the 75M star player pressure put on him. He's shown maybe a fraction of his talent since signing, and he'll obviously be aware of that. There's someone at the club - in the squad - who's using whatever contacts he has with the press to put out bogus stories about our young players. First Rashford, then Greenwood and now Sancho.

horsechoker

The Caf's Roy Keane.
Perhaps it wasn't Rangnick's place to reveal why Sancho was taking time off but if he said nothing the rumour mill would've filled up.

Sancho wants out

Rangnick doesn't see Sancho as part of his plans

Sancho told Rangnick to go back to his village in bust up

TMDaines

Fun sponge.
Will hopefully now get that run of games uncontested on the right to make that position his own.

Thebaldingbob

I said from day 1 that he was being over hyped.
Well for those who were desperate to see him here.
You’ve got your wish. We now have a £85 million bench warmer!!

RedRonaldo

Wishes to be oppressed.
I hope he find his form quick, because we will need him to start more games for us now.

Woodzy

I find it weird that we are urging Sancho to level up on a day when we learn a player of ours could really be a rapist. Feels like football needs to take a step back with subjects like these
Meh it’s a football forum.

The Greenwood news is awful and should rightly be on everyone’s minds but at the end of the day we should be able to discuss our team and also the affects this issue will have on our team, because it certainly will have one.

Rocksy

Supports
Blackburn Rovers

The Greenwood news is awful and should rightly be on everyone’s minds but at the end of the day we should be able to discuss our team and also the affects this issue will have on our team, because it certainly will have one.
Agree here. You’ve got to suspend the c**t and move on. He’s worth f’all now. With Greenwood, Amad and Martial gone Rashford and Sancho have to step up.

kouroux

45k posts to finally achieve this tagline

At the moment , there ain't much to say tbh. Football will take over without a doubt, I just found the timing weird. We didn't need Greenwood to be in this situation for Sancho to have to play better.

TMDaines

Fun sponge.
At the moment , there ain't much to say tbh. Football will take over without a doubt, I just found the timing weird. We didn't need Greenwood to be in this situation for Sancho to have to play better.
Just make sure you let us all know when we can talk about football again, rather than contributing more half-baked and ill-informed hot takes on more serious issues.

Bastian

Supports
Mejbri
Just make sure you let us all know when we can talk about football again, rather than contributing more half-baked and ill-informed hot takes on more serious issues.
The right amount of time is two full days.

macheda14

Yeh I don’t know about you, but right now football is taking a big old back seat and I think I might struggle to watch it for a few weeks. This is harrowing.

flameinthesun

I think as long as the discussions here pertain to football its fine. I think Sancho should get a good run on the right wing now. Maybe we will recall pellestri as well. Whilst I have a feeling Sancho just isn't the player we need for the way we play, I hope he proves me wrong and can stake a claim for the right wing. Hopefully Amad tears it up in Scotland and can challenge for that position as well. From a football perspective we have Sancho and Diallo who could be the solution on the right, as well as pellestri potentially giving a challenge (although I haven't seen much to say that he can).

goptun

Realistically, the world keeps turning. It's a massive shock but welcome to The World: 2022 Edition. It's a fecked up place and thanks to the internet most people are largely desensitized to unfortunate goings-on.

On topic; this does represent an opportunity for Sancho. Martial, Diallo, and Greenwood are out leaving us bizarrely short of options in the forward positions. The 70-year-old gruesome twosome can't carry the burden alone, we need Sancho to step up now.

golden_blunder

Site admin. Manchester United fan
Staff
I find it weird that we are urging Sancho to level up on a day when we learn a player of ours could really be a rapist. Feels like football needs to take a step back with subjects like these
Perhaps you’re right. It’s just a comment from realism that’s greenwood won’t be playing again for us until this is cleared up either way. Which means that we very quickly need to address the elephant in the room. Which just a few days left of the window are we ok for cover or not?
I get your point but we are time pressed

golden_blunder

Site admin. Manchester United fan
Staff
No, but he will have more chances now. Which is what I was getting at with my ‘level up’ comment. Unless we loan or buy someone, we are looking to him now to make the position his

Betson

Agree with this , no one is condoning what Greewood is alleged to have done , if guilty he is most likely finished at the club and very few will have any sympathy for him.

But as you say this is a football forum and it is perfectly natural to discuss the football ramifications for the club , which are also quite serious.

kouroux

Perhaps you’re right. It’s just a comment from realism that’s greenwood won’t be playing again for us until this is cleared up either way. Which means that we very quickly need to address the elephant in the room. Which just a few days left of the window are we ok for cover or not?
I get your point but we are time pressed
We lack cover for sure. That's with Greenwood being completely an angel too

spiriticon

All I want from him now is to live a straight life please. Don't do anything fecking stupid.

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
All I want from him now is to live a straight life please. Don't do anything fecking stupid.
It's funny but I pretty much looked at Greenwood as a certainty to be a star as long as he kept himself out of trouble... Which he hasn't.

I've got no doubt that Sancho will come good for us as a talent... Provided he's a normal guy and not a scumbag. Which is how I feel like every players potential should be thought of

Cathy Ferguson

I think as long as the discussions here pertain to football its fine. I think Sancho should get a good run on the right wing now. Maybe we will recall pellestri as well. Whilst I have a feeling Sancho just isn't the player we need for the way we play, I hope he proves me wrong and can stake a claim for the right wing. Hopefully Amad tears it up in Scotland and can challenge for that position as well. From a football perspective we have Sancho and Diallo who could be the solution on the right, as well as pellestri potentially giving a challenge (although I haven't seen much to say that he can).
Sancho has decent pace over 2-3 yards but he is too slow to play on the wing for a top club in the PL. He is also weak defensively. His strenghth is his creativity and he is dependent on other players making runs. If Bruno and Ronaldo are certain starters then Sancho is not a good fit, we would be better off with a more direct player who can get past people. Once again our poor scouting resulted in us missing out on Jota for 40m and judging by what we have seen so far Sancho has a lot to prove.

Righteous Steps

It's funny but I pretty much looked at Greenwood as a certainty to be a star as long as he kept himself out of trouble... Which he hasn't.

I've got no doubt that Sancho will come good for us as a talent... Provided he's a normal guy and not a scumbag. Which is how I feel like every players potential should be thought of
Sancho is definitely a ladies man, but he isn’t a scumbag.

Nou_Camp99

what would Souness do?
Seems trivial to even talk about football right now but I suppose it's better to talk about the team now and now the mess from today.

This lad needs to sort his head out and get going now in a Utd shirt. He's been given a real chance now to cement his spot through albeit very disturbing events but nonetheless this is the Chance he's waited for.

If Ralf Instead plays Rashford on the right then that's all the evidence I need to know he's not the man for us. I'm a big big fan of Rashford but if he's not playing from the left he should not be playing

CloneMC16

Without trying to be a dick, life will move on. What has happened is horrible, but we still have a bit less than half the season to play. This is a United forum and we have to talk about our team and what we're going to face over the next 4 months. We have 4th place to play for and we're still in the FAC and CL.

We need better from Sancho. He is most likely going to start every game. Let's see some of that Dortmund form in a United shirt.

UNITED ACADEMY

Supports
Erik ten Hag
You know this type of cases (rapist, assault or even worse killing) happen lot right? This is not an exceptional or rare subjects. I don't see any reason or sense why football needs to take a step back just because of cases that probably happen daily or weekly in the world.

kouroux

You know this type of cases (rapist, assault or even worse killing) happen lot right? This is not an exceptional or rare subjects. I don't see any reason or sense why football needs to take a step back just because of cases that probably happen daily or weekly in the world.
That was yesterday, when the whole thing was fresh. These case happening a lot and a Utd player of high importance, surely you can spot the difference ?

Zehner

Football Statistics Dork
Supports
Bayer 04 Leverkusen
Doesn't he prefer to play on the right?
Most evidence indicates that he prefers the left wing. I believe people overestimate how much he played on the right because they wantes him to be the RW solution but truth be told he was a LW played on the right at best for about a season and that under very specific circumstances (just found his way into the starting eleven, playing more like a right sided 10 than an actual RW, having an eytremely attacking minded RWB besides him provising width and depth, etc.)

In the end, Dortmund played other players out of position on the right to make room for Sancho on the left. Solskjaer and Rangnick now played him.on the left, too. He won't become a RW, his skill set is clearly that of a playmaking LW, too.

UNITED ACADEMY

Supports
Erik ten Hag
That was yesterday, when the whole thing was fresh. These case happening a lot and a Utd player of high importance, surely you can spot the difference ?
You shouldn't be trying to spot the difference in the first place just because he's a footballer or famous person you think this is a special case or different to others that we should had take a step back talking about Sancho or football. Lot of this cases also happen out there involved to non-footballers and non-richer people, him being United player has nothing to do with what he did.

kouroux

You shouldn't be trying to spot the difference in the first place just because he's a footballer or famous person you think this is a special case or different to others that we should had take a step back talking about Sancho or football. Lot of this cases also happen out there involved to non-footballers and non-richer people, him being United player has nothing to do with what he did.
I'm not a robot, some stories will hit harder than some to the point football seemed completely trivial.

Status
Not open for further replies.