Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ali Dia

Souness's Super Sub/George Weahs Talented Cousin
The way things have developed this season, signing a wide forward might be on the horizon. We need competition on the right and Antony is someone that potentially fits the profile.

And I'll be honest with you, I like watching Antony play, he's a very exciting player to watch.
I do feel like given what we know about the owners and how reactive they are. I think they’ll wait until greenwood situation/contract is sorted before they move for anyone else. I don’t know much about the English legal system but I’m assuming that could take up to another year? If charges are dropped/lessened I think they’ll try to give him another chance as unpopular as an opinion as that may currently be.

3KDré

I do feel like given what we know about the owners and how reactive they are. I think they’ll wait until greenwood situation/contract is sorted before they move for anyone else. I don’t know much about the English legal system but I’m assuming that could take up to another year? If charges are dropped/lessened I think they’ll try to give him another chance as unpopular as an opinion as that may currently be.
No chance Greenwood ever plays for us again even if he isn’t charged. One thing the glazers don’t do and that’s keep around a player that’s bad for PR.

Ali Dia

Souness's Super Sub/George Weahs Talented Cousin
No chance Greenwood ever plays for us again even if he isn’t charged. One thing the glazers don’t do and that’s keep around a player that’s bad for PR.
I wouldn’t put money on it. He’s such an expensive and promising player and we’ve offered fresh deals to deadwood who never play. I reckon they may just suck it up if there’s any comeback at all.

Bondi77

I said in the summer that we should sign him for the LWF role and Rangnick has confirmed Sancho preferring the left side. Sancho wanting to play on the left is not a surprise.

We either give Amad a chance on the right next season or bring in someone like Antony from Ajax who is naturally left footed and looks a good fit on the right.
I would love it to work out for Amad or Pellistri as going by his recent game for Uruguay looks slightly ahead in his development.

TrustInJanuzaj

'Liverpool are a proper club'
The only way Greenwood ever plays for us again is if he’s cleared with overwhelming evidence in his favour and somehow they can justify the evidence many of the public have seen the snippets of. Trial of social media has seen to it that he would have an absolutely massive battle to covercome even if cleared.

stefan92

Supports
Hannover 96
I wouldn’t put money on it. He’s such an expensive and promising player and we’ve offered fresh deals to deadwood who never play. I reckon they may just suck it up if there’s any comeback at all.
Nice guys who never play aren't a big PR issue. A criminal is.

MattofManchester

He's had a decent run and all, but again, I'm asking:

Why tf do we keep signing left wingers instead of fixing our completely invisible right side?

RuudTom83

The last few games have been promising and his position in the starting side is almost guaranteed after the January departures. Also the season is now a write-off so he really has until the summer to get it right.

Its perfect for him tbh!

BorisManUtd

Think watching him play will be only thing I'll be looking forward for the rest of this season when we get knocked out of CL by Atletico.

The Caff Spraff

He's had a decent run and all, but again, I'm asking:

Why tf do we keep signing left wingers instead of fixing our completely invisible right side?
Sancho clearly better on the LW so
if we get ten hag through the door, I think he’ll bring Anthony with him, kids top class and only going to get better, and that’ll be th RW sorted for years…. Again it’s a big if

AneRu

Nice guys who never play aren't a big PR issue. A criminal is.
If he doesn't get charged or better yet isn't convicted he has some factors on his side - he is young and of mixed race which will make it far easier for a publicist to invoke the national conscience about how he endured a trial by social media when innocent and whether the same would have happened if he was white and how he continues to pay for something he didn't do ( granted it will be a cynical campaign) especially if he gets the girl onside. But given what we have seen its a stretch to think that he won't be committed of one of the less serious but equally damning allegations so its safe to assume that he is done here.

Pickle85

If he doesn't get charged or better yet isn't convicted he has some factors on his side - he is young and of mixed race which will make it far easier for a publicist to invoke the national conscience about how he endured a trial by social media when innocent and whether the same would have happened if he was white and how he continues to pay for something he didn't do ( granted it will be a cynical campaign) especially if he gets the girl onside. But given what we have seen its a stretch to think that he won't be committed of one of the less serious but equally damning allegations so its safe to assume that he is done here.
Erm...

Pickle85

Those are just factors a publicist could use to make him acceptable should he get acquitted, slim chance of that ever happening
So let me get this straight, you think there's MORE sympathy for people of color that are falsely accused of crimes? Not sure I'm with you there.

AneRu

So let me get this straight, you think there's MORE sympathy for people of color that are falsely accused of crimes? Not sure I'm with you there.
I am saying anyone wishing to rehabilitate his image could use emotional blackmail by simply claiming that 'he has been acquitted but people refuse to allow him to resurrect his career, casting doubt on the legal processes and verdict because he is a POC'. But his acquittal is unlikely so its a moot point.

pascell

We had plenty of players out on the pitch yesterday that are bad for PR, they've been bad for PR the past nearly 9 years.

lex talionis

Sancho looks the part to me. It would have cost the Glazers and extra 20m, but we should have brought in Sancho last season. Just maybe we would have pushed on in the CL and he’d have hit the second season in top gear, possibly helping us avoid some of the disastrous early season dropped points.

Yagami

Good post resistant
I'll preface this by saying I have no complaints as he's been brilliant recently

...but...

I do wonder what our initial plan was when targeting him a couple of years ago. It looks like he's a lot more effective on the left, but, when you think back to when we first started targeting him, Rashford was doing brilliantly on the left and Martial was a good back-up there, too (who was playing well as a cf that year), so there wasn't a need for a left forward.

I do wonder how things would've gone had Rashford and Martial kept their form, and Greenwood didn't do what he did, as they were forming a nice connection as a front three. I actually think Sancho would've been a great #10 with those three keeping their spots.

Glorio

Is it just me or is he starting to outpace defenders much more regularly than before these past 3 or so games?
He may not rely on it as much, but he definitely has some pace to burn. Love how he almost always seems to casually find a pass infield in the final 3rd

criticalanalysis

Is it just me or is he starting to outpace defenders much more regularly than before these past 3 or so games?
He may not rely on it as much, but he definitely has some pace to burn. Love how he almost always seems to casually find a pass infield in the final 3rd
Yes, he's definitely taking players on a foot race more. Seems like he may be fitter/match fit as well.

Zehner

Football Statistics Dork
Supports
Bayer 04 Leverkusen
I'll preface this by saying I have no complaints as he's been brilliant recently

...but...

I do wonder what our initial plan was when targeting him a couple of years ago. It looks like he's a lot more effective on the left, but, when you think back to when we first started targeting him, Rashford was doing brilliantly on the left and Martial was a good back-up there, too (who was playing well as a cf that year), so there wasn't a need for a left forward.

I do wonder how things would've gone had Rashford and Martial kept their form, and Greenwood didn't do what he did, as they were forming a nice connection as a front three. I actually think Sancho would've been a great #10 with those three keeping their spots.
At that point in time he played on the right regularly for Dortmund, although it was more of a right sided 10 role. Still think it was to be expected that he'd develop into a LW since he played that position in the youth and it was a much better fit to his profile and playing style. But United probably saw him as a solution for the RW first and then just continued their interest because they were convinced of his class (plus he's English). Even if you didn't solve the RW vacancy I still think this was a great investment.

On a side note, I believe Rashford can become a very good RW. Rashford excels when he has space and as a right foot on the right you can play on the line and go into physical duels with the defender. His pace could come great there and he wouldn't find himself in tight spaces regularly which IMO is his weakness.

OnlyTwoDaSilvas

Gullible
Noticed this too, especially with all the chatter about him not being that quick. He definitely looks quick. Then again, he did look a little heavy and unfit early in the season. He looks much fitter now, which certainly helps.

acnumber9

He still needs to do more but he’s a nice player to watch. And we don’t have many.

Giant Midget

Aka - rooney_10119
twice in two games he’s taken the selfish option and not squared the ball.

also has some weird reluctance not to cross to the back post on the counter, carbon-copy situations in both games where Ronaldo was free and just ignored.

Annihilate Now!

...or later, I'm not fussy
Scout
I can't help but continue to be a bit... Underwhelmed? To be fair he's looking much better now then at the start... But he also just kinda looks like you're average decent speedy PL winger... Not anything wildly special.

But hey, he's getting better so maybe it'll come. What I will say is, with all the assists he racked up, I'd certainly expect his end product to be a bit more consistent.

makes new threads with tweets in the OP
twice in two games he’s taken the selfish option and not squared the ball.

also has some weird reluctance not to cross to the back post on the counter, carbon-copy situations in both games where Ronaldo was free and just ignored.
Yeah, Sancho's decision making is starting to grind my gears.

I'm glad he's starting to look a player but he needs to start making the right choices on the pitch. It cost us at the weekend and it could've cost us today.

saivet

Decent enough from him, though with his chance I think he had every right to go alone. A cut back was on but with a few Brighton defenders in there, it wasn't that bad of a decision. He should still score though.

acnumber9

Yeah, Sancho's decision making is starting to grind my gears.

I'm glad he's starting to look a player but he needs to start making the right choices on the pitch. It cost us at the weekend and it could've cost us today.
To be fair to Sancho at the weekend he put Ronaldo through to round the keeper and put the ball in an empty net. That ain’t on Sancho.

lost7

I continue to think he's been one of our better perfromers every game for a while now. He should have scored in the first half, though

Valencia Shin Crosses

I can't help but continue to be a bit... Underwhelmed? To be fair he's looking much better now then at the start... But he also just kinda looks like you're average decent speedy PL winger... Not anything wildly special.

But hey, he's getting better so maybe it'll come. What I will say is, with all the assists he racked up, I'd certainly expect his end product to be a bit more consistent.
Honestly no one on the team has end product currently though, so it's going to be tough to rack up assists in that environment.

He's our best/most dangerous attacker currently and one of the few players that can actually play in tight spaces. Need more players like him.

pratyush_utd

Can't tell DeGea and Onana apart.
He is getting better.. Last season at Dortmund also he had great second half

TwoSheds

More sheds (and tiles) than you, probably
I really enjoyed that nutmeg. I really don't get why we're indulging him on the left though, he's just as good if not better holding the width in the right and both Elanga and Rashford are pretty average there.

Status
Not open for further replies.