5.6 Season Average Rating
Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

marktan

A sideways pass merchant. Can't run at a man to save his life, which would've helped massively against atleticos tight defence. Look at someone like St Maximin (who wouldve been cheaper), he wouldve been out there keeping the ball, running at the defence and drawing fouls. You cant build a team with a wide forward that's so undynamic.

He's not a bad player, especially with his passing but for £70m you expect so much more.

roonster09

Hercule Poirot of the scouting world
Scout
A sideways pass merchant. Can't run at a man to save his life, which would've helped massively against atleticos tight defence. Look at someone like St Maximin (who wouldve been cheaper), he wouldve been out there keeping the ball, running at the defence and drawing fouls. You cant build a team with a wide forward that's so undynamic.

He's not a bad player, especially with his passing but for £70m you expect so much more.
:lol:

Still ill

Fantasy Football Champ 2018

Hard to take you seriously with that opening. Have you watched us the last month? I mean he was poor tonight but that in no way reflects his recent form.

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist

Been waiting for a non MotM game to come back in this thread eh? :lol:
He's quality. Did fine today, tough game to play in and we were pretty useless for most of it but he held his own I felt.

Swedish_Plumber

Need more from him on nights like tonight. We need to be able to count on a lot of our players a bit more though.

We can’t and that’s why we are so far off the top teams.

marktan

Been waiting for a non MotM game to come back in this thread eh? :lol:
He's quality. Did fine today, tough game to play in and we were pretty useless for most of it but he held his own I felt.
Generational.
I gave him credit for his passing game, but you refuse to acknowledge when he's poor, noticeably at running with the ball.

bosnian_red

Generational.
I gave him credit for his passing game, but you refuse to acknowledge when he's poor, noticeably at running with the ball.
He is a generational prospect IMO. Kid is only 21.
He's great at getting a yard of space with his dribbling and body feints and he's a great pace and move player. His technique is excellent, consistently. He wasn't even poor today. At least, not with the opportunities he had and his defensive work.

I don't feel the need to criticize him for not being a certain type of player which you seem hell bent on? He's not a Giggs or Adama Traore type winger which you seem to be wishing he was. He's a pass and move and link up player who is also a very good dribbler who can get that hard of space, but more likes to move with the ball into space and be a playmaker. Which is what we needed for ages.

makes new threads with tweets in the OP
Like most of our starting XI Sancho didn't have the best night. However, I didn't understand the logic in taking him off just as we started to play. Especially for Lingard.

Born2Lose

He's got that Martial habit at times where you don't realise he's playing for 20 or 30 minutes. Needs to do more for £350k a week.

The United

looked like he was hiding.

The guy is a weird player for us. Not sure if he fits us at times.

Of course young and learning.

Last edited:

kundalini

Contributed almost nothing. One volley from distance that was blocked and got back to stop one Atletico attack.

saivet

Like most of our starting XI Sancho didn't have the best night. However, I didn't understand the logic in taking him off just as we started to play. Especially for Lingard.
Fresh legs to be fair

marktan

He is a generational prospect IMO. Kid is only 21.
He's great at getting a yard of space with his dribbling and body feints and he's a great pace and move player. His technique is excellent, consistently. He wasn't even poor today. At least, not with the opportunities he had and his defensive work.

I don't feel the need to criticize him for not being a certain type of player which you seem hell bent on? He's not a Giggs or Adama Traore type winger which you seem to be wishing he was. He's a pass and move and link up player who is also a very good dribbler who can get that hard of space, but more likes to move with the ball into space and be a playmaker. Which is what we needed for ages.
It's not what I want, it's the type of player we need. We disagree on the that point and fair enough.

We already have Bruno being a play maker. What we desperately need, is pace and dribbling ability out wide, like Salah, or Mane pre covid. Like Bayern's wide forwards. Sancho's more like Mata and we've seen how that experimental played out.

Most of the top teams going back the last 15 years have had pace and dribbling ability on the flanks. Bale and Ronaldo. Messi and Neymar. Ronaldo, Nani. Robben, Ribery. It's why in game like today we had no outlet, neither Rashford nor Sancho can consistently stand a man and go past him, so they instead look to pass it which makes defending against them very easy.

Edit - don't get my wrong I do rate him, I think he'll be a good player for us overall and I am being harsh by comparing him to some of the best over the last decade. But he's not close to being a generational talent. He's not the type of player that will lead a title or CL charge either. I think for £70m we got decent value, but not great value.

Last edited:

pratyush_utd

Can't tell DeGea and Onana apart.
Not much can you do when your team mates arent passing to you. Had few decent runs.

Withnail

It's not what I want, it's the type of player we need. We disagree on the that point and fair enough.

We already have Bruno being a play maker. What we desperately need, is pace and dribbling ability out wide, like Salah, or Mane pre covid. Like Bayern's wide forwards. Sancho's more like Mata and we've seen how that experimental played out.

Most of the top teams going back the last 15 years have had pace and dribbling ability on the flanks. Bale and Ronaldo. Messi and Neymar. Ronaldo, Nani. Robben, Ribery. It's why in game like today we had no outlet, neither Rashford nor Sancho can consistently stand a man and go past him, so they instead look to pass it which makes defending against them very easy.
He's been very good for the past 4 or 5 games, motm against Leeds and had been improving game on game. He didn't have the best night tonight but it seems a bit reactionary to jump to your position when he looks like he's settling in and becoming a very effective player for us.

Jeppers7

Pogfamily Mafia
He’s been class recently…..the whole team were poor tonight. Let’s see what he can do in the second leg.

bosnian_red

Edit - don't get my wrong I do rate him, I think he'll be a good player for us overall and I am being harsh by comparing him to some of the best over the last decade. But he's not close to being a generational talent. He's not the type of player that will lead a title or CL charge either. I think for £70m we got decent value, but not great value.
Sancho helps Bruno loads IMO, having creativity from a wide area. Bruno being the lone creator just goes into hero mode and it doesn't go that well imo.
I don't necessarily disagree with that assesment of what we need though, my bigger point was that that was supposed to be Rashford IMO (19/20 version of him), or Greenwood (rip to that idea). Been a disaster though. I think Sancho is perfect as a creator and link up player on the opposite wing to a wide forward though.

Disagree on Sancho being like Mata. He's way more mobile than that, and he's a perfect modern wide creator for me. He's a lot like Neymar for me as well in term of the impact he provides overall, though obviously much more 1 footed and a bit less dynamic. He's not the out ball source, but he doesn't need to be. We need striker who can do a bit of everything (especially be able to hold the ball up, but also offer that normal amount of pace/movement in behind), and with Rashfords form collapse and Greenwood being cancelled we definitely need a wide forward. I was always against Rashford and Greenwood being together on the wings as I don't think it works that well having 2 wide forwards in most cases, need one side to offer a more creative source which was why Sancho was key for me. Unfortunately we lost other things after he came.

VidaRed

Unimaginative FC
He was absent today.

Although to be fair he had lindelof at rb to link with and then awb! He's much better with dalot around at rb.

Woodenlung

Sancho was one of the few United players who didn't lose their composure when being pressed. That probably comes from playing in the Bundesliga where pressing and counter pressing is commonplace. His ability to make good decisions under pressure is a huge positive. We didn't see much from him in an attacking sense, but the entire team was struggling.

Boavista

Even if United hardly managed to get out of their own half in the first 45 minutes he seemed to be the only player not struggling to control the ball or find his team mate. Every other player appeared to be completely overwhelmed with Atletico's intensity.

NewYorkRed

Thought he was okay, not going to be harsh on any of our attackers since the entire team played like pussies, so hard for the attack to function.

He’s been very good of late, but needs to do more to show me that he’s a truly generational talent, which it doesn’t look like rn. However, 21, new league, new team, worse team, I’ll be patient with him considering all that,

RedRonaldo

Wishes to be oppressed.
Been anonymous the whole game but can't blame him, the entire team was shite and there were much worst player than him (Bruno, Rashford etc)

git_united

Anonymous. In his defense, there seemed to be confusion in the plan for moving the ball through the lines. But yeah, anonymous.

TwoSheds

More sheds (and tiles) than you, probably
Didn't notice he was on the pitch until shortly before he came off. I think it was partly confusion about what he should be doing given the atrocious team selection and tactics, but if I were an attacking mid/winger who wasn't receiving the ball where I was supposed to be then I'd drop deep or swap wings or drift more central/wide or... something. He just stood there looking flat. I'm very underwhelmed by him tbh, I'd like to see more character.

youngrell

Poor first half like the rest of the team but did better later on. The swapping of wings between him and Rashford certainly didn't help. Marcus did nothing on the left and Sancho was out of the game on the right.

Sylar

One thing he did well was back tracking. There was one that sticks in mind where he basically ended up as last man cutting out a ball (when we were already 1 down).
Things didnt work out offensively but thats acceptable when hes working back and working hard the other way and out of possession.

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
Tough game for Jadon really. Isolated all match. The few times he did get the ball he did something half decent with it.

Worked very hard defensively which was a good sign.

No idea why he and Rashford keep switching so often. It seems to disrupt our momentum more than confusing the defence.

Man Utd 0:0 Watford

Woodenlung

Looked good when he came on. He has an excellent first touch so he could trap those cross field passes dead and immediately start a run at a defender. Also made some very good passes to players in the box.

Needs to start every game really. We lacked any sort of threat on the left until he came on.

Red Royal

Looked good when he came on. He has an excellent first touch so he could trap those cross field passes dead and immediately start a run at a defender. Also made some very good passes to players in the box.

Needs to start every game really. We lacked any sort of threat on the left until he came on.
The better of the 3 subs today.

Status
Not open for further replies.