Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

TMDaines

Fun sponge.
Selling him for the mooted figure is mental. His underlying expected numbers are fine and still great for his age, even if not quite what we hoped based on his time at Dortmund.

pocco

loco
Keep a clean shit tomorrow, United is my final bus
Fergie would have got him playing. What Sancho is seriously lacking is confidence, he's not coming on the pitch with excitement to play football and the confidence in himself or from his teammates. You can see it written all over him. If a manager gets in his ear and builds him up again then he'll be back.

TMDaines

Fun sponge.
Wanting to move Sancho on as we have Pellistri is probably the most mental of all United fan stances right now:

Stacks

He's got 0.48 goals + assists per 90 minutes in the league this season, which I'd argue is at the very least a passable level of output from a Premier League winger. Jack Grealish has 0.53 at City to give some context to this.

I understand that there's more to it than just numbers but, even when he's playing very very far from the best that we saw of him at Dortmund, Sancho is still a decently productive wide player. People arguing we should be accepting anything less than 50 million for him (I wouldn't even accept this) are fecking mental in my view.
Fair enough

caid

If we could move him on without a loss i'd take it. I dont think thats plausible with the wages involved so I expect he'll stay and continue performing reasonably ok. I just think think we could make better use of the wage bill and its probably our last chance to cut our losses.

Frank White

Wanting to move Sancho on as we have Pellistri is probably the most mental of all United fan stances right now:

What's Pellestri got to do with anything? He's competing with Rashford and Garnacho and in the pecking order he's firmly dead last in that list imo. Hardly mental to get a reasonable fee for a player that looks lost. The manager has done well to turn around quite a few of these players who not long ago nobody would bat a eye lid if they never played for the club again, yet Sancho is basically the same as last year.

There's only so long you can say "next year is his year" when he's shown very little to back that up in this league. Would genuinely be a miracle if we got 50m and his wages off the books.

hobbers

How about wanting him moved on because he's miles behind Rashford and Garnacho on the left and behind Antony on the right. Yet he's paid way more than all of them.

crossy1686

career ending
Selling him for the mooted figure is mental. His underlying expected numbers are fine and still great for his age, even if not quite what we hoped based on his time at Dortmund.
He’s terrible, he’ll be worth next to nothing in a few seasons. There’s nothing about him that screams elite player.

crossy1686

career ending
Fergie would have got him playing. What Sancho is seriously lacking is confidence, he's not coming on the pitch with excitement to play football and the confidence in himself or from his teammates. You can see it written all over him. If a manager gets in his ear and builds him up again then he'll be back.
He’s unable to take on a fullback, what is there to build up? He needs a world class fullback behind him to make the space for him and do his running. He needs a personality transplant to ever be successful at this level. Fergie would have cleared him out this summer, especially after he spent half the season in Holland doing beep tests while the rest of the squad were playing football.

united_99

Takes pleasure in other people's pain
When he was at Dortmund I thought he would be a typical Fergie player. Technically gifted, intelligent, good link-up play, plays with confidence, young, British. But now I am not sure he would have even signed him.
Even in his last few years when the quality of our signings was rather average - i.e. Young and Valencia as wingers - they could at least run and didn’t hide. Sancho isn’t even doing that.
Under Fergie I can only think of Veron as a similar situation (great player with expensive fee who failed). But Veron for us was at least good in Europe and even had some crucial contributions in the league the year we won it. And still Fergie got rid after 2 years and we got half our money back.
Another underwhelming season from Sancho and we will not even get half our money back despite him still being young.

Pogue Mahone

The caf's Camus.
"like a man in silk pyjamas shooting pigeons
Maybe. Maybe not. Hard to shake the many similarities with Kagawa. Who even Fergie couldn’t get a tune out of.

renatosanches85

Sell, sell, sell. He’s too slow for the PL and strikes me as having zero resilience when the going gets tough

Levi1

I've said many times that he's not a winger. Certainly not for our team. We need pace to make up for our weak midfield- has been like that since Keane retired.

Certainly doesn't help that we have among the biggest pitches in the league, especially among the big sides. He might do well for Chelsea though - they play with far less width. Perhaps a straight swap for Mount?

Valencia's Left Foot

Supports
Austin FC, USMNT, Three Lions
He's a talented player, but not sure he has the proper mindset to handle a club like United. Most players don't.

Valencia's Left Foot

Supports
Austin FC, USMNT, Three Lions
At least Antony has a streak of toughness in him
Agreed. Antony at least keeps getting back up and being aggresive even through dry spells. I still have faith that he could become an important player for this team. Sancho is just too passive for my liking.

UnrelatedPsuedo

I pity the poor fool who stinks like I do!
I still think he’s an exceptional talent and that he’ll come good for us.

Caveat being that I don’t see where he actually plays for us. Garnacho needs games. Rashford is better on the left two. Sancho can’t play on the right and even if he could he’s not displacing Antony.

If he’s going to play as an attacking midfield 10, why are we trying to get Mount as he won’t displace both him, Bruno and Eriksen as one of those roles.

He’s very good though.

James35

I hope he gets sold personally, just don’t see it working out for him. I’d rather take a chance on Antony improving his decision making and right foot. Think Sancho is the better technical player overall but his mentality seems very suspect.

Swedish_Plumber

He was showing more at the end of the season. Gotta hope that keeps on improving but the way it’s gone for him it probably won’t.

That time away was very strange.

lex talionis

From Google so take it with whatever grain of salt is warranted:

Sancho has earned an approximate gross total of approximately $31,745,701 in his playing career. Sancho is the No. 2 highest-paid player at Man United. Sancho's 2022-23 salary accounts for a staggering 9.04% of United's $4,584,681 weekly payroll.

Bloody hell if true...

tentan

Poor man's poster.
When he was at Dortmund I thought he would be a typical Fergie player. Technically gifted, intelligent, good link-up play, plays with confidence, young, British. But now I am not sure he would have even signed him.
Even in his last few years when the quality of our signings was rather average - i.e. Young and Valencia as wingers - they could at least run and didn’t hide. Sancho isn’t even doing that.
Under Fergie I can only think of Veron as a similar situation (great player with expensive fee who failed). But Veron for us was at least good in Europe and even had some crucial contributions in the league the year we won it. And still Fergie got rid after 2 years and we got half our money back.
Another underwhelming season from Sancho and we will not even get half our money back despite him still being young.
Fergie would never have signed him.

TheLord

Sell him for 50-60m. We can always gamble on him becoming good and risk seeing him mostly on the bench for a full season losing value. Sell him while he's worth something. I'm not convinced he has the strength to become world class.
£60M is Havertz-type money. Sure, he hasn't done much either (and is overrated) but in his defence, he has shown flashes of brilliance and displayed such attributes in some competitions. He has a few big goals.

We'd lucky to get £30M for Sancho - slow, uncreative, a non-starter at United, on huge wages, and someone with no moments of actual brilliance.

Kaos

He's an odd player for us - his stats aren't actually all that bad, but god does he fail the eye test. For a young winger he's about as dynamic as my nan. I thought we were getting an absolute handful of a wide player, but instead we've gotten someone who seems quite timid on taking defenders on, isn't explosive nor plays with any swagger or confidence.

In all honesty I'd be happy to sell him since I don't see him becoming the player we hoped he'd be, and I'd imagine he'll fall behind the pecking order quite quickly, especially with Garnacho's emergence, and it wouldn't surprise me if Pellestri or Amad leapfrog him too.

Tarrou

£60M is Havertz-type money. Sure, he hasn't done much either (and is overrated) but in his defence, he has shown flashes of brilliance and displayed such attributes in some competitions. He has a few big goals.

We'd lucky to get £30M for Sancho - slow, uncreative, a non-starter at United, on huge wages, and someone with no moments of actual brilliance.
I can't imagine anyone wanting to pay even 30m for him on those wages

he's a busted flush in the PL for starters, and wages too big for the other leagues

Saudi Arabia is our only hope

redDNA

Supports
Enyimba FC of Aba
Technically gifted, but doesnt have the fire in his belly which most big Club players have,this cannot be coached into a play.

We should sale now to get some of our money back.

One of our issues since Sir retired is not knowing how to move a Player on at the right time to recoup some of our money.

TheLord

I can't imagine anyone wanting to pay even 30m for him on those wages

he's a busted flush in the PL for starters, and wages too big for the other leagues

Saudi Arabia is our only hope
He won't get shirt sales either. Not a big name. Saudi hopes are nonexistent.

Banana Republic

Unless Sancho is desperately unhappy and wants to leave and is prepared to take a huge wage cut, to make it happen, I can't see us being able to offload him, either this summer or next.
Nobody is going to match his wages and financial package, unless we release him from his contract and he goes on a free.

Shark

@NotShark
Completely understand not losing hope but those still calling Sancho an exceptional talent is a bit strange. A 19 year old Garnacho has looked more promising in short cameos than Sancho has ever looked over the past 3 years. Maybe he can still provide balance to the squad and contribute positively but surely we've seen more than enough to not be delusional about his talent.

bald_ole

Completely understand not losing hope but those still calling Sancho an exceptional talent is a bit strange. A 19 year old Garnacho has looked more promising in short cameos than Sancho has ever looked over the past 3 years. Maybe he can still provide balance to the squad and contribute positively but surely we've seen more than enough to not be delusional about his talent.
I hope you realize football is played outside England as well. A 18 year old Sancho scored twelve goals and assisted 14 in Bundesliga and played 2.461 minutes for Dortmund. He has showed his talent and skills before. Sadly for United he's been mostly mediocore for last two seasons.

18 year old Garnacho scored three times and played 569 minutes this season.

Garnacho is great prospect and he was more flashy last season than Sancho but its bit disturbing that people see Garnacho as equal to young Ronaldo when he has played under 600 minutes in top leagues.

Shark

@NotShark
I hope you realize football is played outside England as well. A 18 year old Sancho scored twelve goals and assisted 14 in Bundesliga and played 2.461 minutes for Dortmund. He has showed his talent and skills before. Sadly for United he's been mostly mediocore for last two seasons.

Garnacho is great prospect and he was more flashy last season than Sancho but its bit disturbing that people see Garnacho as equal to young Ronaldo when he has played under 600 minutes in top leagues.
I do realise that. I'm specifically talking about his 3 years in England. It's not like he's shown exceptional talent in bursts either it's been a general flow of mediocrity dressed up with a goal or assist here or there.

DRJosh

Supports
United minus the Glazers
There is very little bite and aggression to Sancho’s play. When the pressure is on, he does look for the safer route to distribute possession.

Also I think many of us were led to believe that Sancho takes on defenders but that is hardly part of his overall play.

GifLord

Better at GIFs than posts

Bundesliga is way more open than EPL. They play 34 games per season yet they score the same amount of goals - sometimes even more as other league with 38games.

Bebestation

Im a doctor btw, my IQ destroys yours
I wonder if he will get a chance as a CM/CAM hybrid player as back up to Mount or Fernándes.

He lacks work rate though but has the some of the other abilities.

Bondi77

I wonder if he will get a chance as a CM/CAM hybrid player as back up to Mount or Fernándes.

He lacks work rate though but has the some of the other abilities.
His best chance of getting a starting spot will be if the Premier League introduce a five a side competition and then his skillset will come to the fore but until then I cannot see him being anything other then a squad option for the odd cameo.

zenith

He was doing much better towards the end of last season and I hope that momentum continues. ETH seems to have faith in him and these baby wide options with each having a different skillet is good to have.

Eventually though, I can only see amad nailing down that right wing spot

Status
Not open for further replies.