Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

MadDogg

Manchester Utd never lose, just run out of time
Did we really bring him here to play RW? I may have blurred memory but I don't recall him playing there regularly for United. I also don't see how he would excel there, he doesn't cross the ball very well or at least he's not showing it (similar to Antony).
He played on both sides at Dortmund and did well on both. Tended to get more assists when playing on the right but scored more when he was on the left. Should be noted though than when he was on the right he did tuck in a lot with a very attacking fullback providing the width. Something that he certainly never had here.

I presume we didn't have him pencilled in on either side when we bought him. We probably saw him, Rashford and Greenwood alternating between the two spots, with Sancho on the left when playing with Greenwood and on the right when playing with Rashford (with the option of all three at times with Greenwood or Rashford playing at striker).

ForeverRed1

It's not though, he's a 23 year old millionaire who should be sorted financially for the rest of his life. He's a human being and football isn't necessarily the be all and end all for him.

He might love playing football, but he might also prioritise other things which is fine. It's the clubs job to build a culture and sign players that have the desire to better themselves and win things. We've rewarded mediocrity for the past decade which obviously has a knock on effect.

I don't even think that Sancho has been that bad recently. He hasn't been amazing by any stretch, but the players he's supposed to be providing service to haven't exactly set the world on fire either and he's played with three different left backs over the past few weeks as well. Not exactly had much of a chance to build up a meaningful partnership with any of them yet.
you absolutely do not know that though. you don’t know his factors for him being so shite. All I can say as a fan who watches him week in week out is the joy isn’t there. This is not a guy who is revelling in playing right now. Watch him at Dortmund and the difference is huge, body language speaks volumes. Something has happened with him or he just isn’t mentally cut out for a shirt as big as this one but all avenues have to be explored and he has to be given every chance to succeed because we have seen how good he is.

Oscar Bonavena

Need to get him out of the football club, to anyone who'll have him, at any price. If it can't be done permanently straight away, then loan him out until it can.

This lad will never get better. Lots of talent but zero heart, zero balls, zero guts, zero desire. These are the type of characters we need out of the club, it's that simple.

RedRonaldo

Wishes to be oppressed.
The following should be our front 3 next season:

CF: new CF, Rashford, Martial
LW: Rashford, Garnacho, Elanga
RW: Antony, Diallo, Elanga

7 players for 3 position upfront.

Loan (w/ option to buy): Sancho
Loan (for more experience): Pellistri

Seriously, I don’t think Sancho is really better than Elanga in Man Utd shirt. So, I think we could afford to loan/sell Sancho, and also loan out Pellistri next season to give him more first team experience. Elanga could be our 3rd choice backup on either flanks.

Diallo has proved himself this season during his successful loan with Sunderland. I think he has done enough to earn a spot as 2nd choice/backup right winger for us. Antony should be our first choice on the right but Diallo could also compete if he is playing better.

We definitely need a new CF. We can keep Martial as backup, Rashford can also played up front as our 2nd choice.

On the left I prefer us to play Garnacho more as our first choice, but that would depends on whether we play Rashford up front or on the left. Garnacho could also be our super sub though, as he is still very young and very good at running against tired legs.

Last edited:

UNITED ACADEMY

Supports
Erik ten Hag

Loan (w/ option to buy): Sancho
Loan (for more experience): Pellistri

Seriously, I don’t think Sancho is really better than Elanga in Man Utd shirt. So, I think we could afford to loan/sell Sancho, and also loan out Pellistri next season to give him more first team experience. Elanga could be our 3rd choice backup on either flanks.

Diallo has proved himself this season during his successful loan with Sunderland. I think he has done enough to earn a spot as 2nd choice/backup right winger for us.

We definitely need a new CF. We can keep Martial as backup, Rashford can also played up front. Antony should be our first choice but Diallo could also compete if he is playing better.

On the left I prefer us to play Garnacho more as our first choice, but that would depends on whether we play Rashford up front or on the left. Garnacho could also be our super sub though, as he is still very young and very good at running against tired legs.
We need to start getting rid players that are not good enough. Man City only need 5 (Grealish, Haaland, Foden, Alvarez, Mahrez) plus the 6th one if we want to include midfielder Bernardo Silva. Not sure why do we need 7 players.

BarryWinks

Did we really bring him here to play RW? I may have blurred memory but I don't recall him playing there regularly for United. I also don't see how he would excel there, he doesn't cross the ball very well or at least he's not showing it (similar to Antony).
The caf convinced itself we were signing him to 'fix' our RW as we hadn't 'bought a RW in 10 years etc..'

In truth, he was never going to be effective there as most teams play with a combination of inverted forwards, and his own skill set is suited to such. No point having a creative and incisive inside dribbler and playmaker like Sancho was at Dortmund and sticking him in a position where he is least likely to do harm - even if there were no statistical difference in output between RW and LW Sancho at Dortmund.

Still think there is something off about the way he's settled here. Might be he needs more gym work - because let's face it he will never me any more faster than he is now - to get stronger and hold off his markers more. Could be mental as well like some have alluded to.

And I say it as someone who wasn't crazy about signing him (actually was pissed off how some of our so called fans threw their toys out the pram during the first Sancho saga), but I hope he conquers his demons and finds the motivation to reach the level we know he can reach. Both for us and his sake.

RedRonaldo

Wishes to be oppressed.
We need to start getting rid players that are not good enough. Man City only need 5 (Grealish, Haaland, Foden, Alvarez, Mahrez) plus the 6th one if we want to include midfielder Bernardo Silva. Not sure why do we need 7 players.
Probably because we have sicknote Martial, so effectively we have like 6 players instead of 7 players.

Oscar Bonavena

Martial needs to go. We should have got rid of him years ago.

And Elanga is not good enough.

We keep on persisting with mediocre players and then wonder why we've gone so long without a title challenge.

We need to start getting f**king serious, sick of seeing players who are not good enough still hanging around season after season.

RedRonaldo

Wishes to be oppressed.

We keep on persisting with mediocre players and then wonder why we've gone so long without a title challenge.

We need to start getting f**king serious, sick of seeing players who are not good enough still hanging around season after season.
I assume we are going to buy top class CF this summer.

So top class CF+Rashford in the centre, Rashford+Garnacho on the left, I thought that’s pretty good already. What we lacking is right wing position. We are not going to dump Antony anytime soon, we just need to have a little faith there. I thought Diallo also looks really talented/outstanding in championship and is ready to take on PL next season too.

Trumpeter Whydah

Supports
Full Members
Bayern need new winger right? May be they are interested.
Surely he can't be arsed to move to that place.

German outlets are actually linking him to Dortmund, where the idea is that he finds back into normal mode. Don't know if true, but certainly the better option than chaotic maneating Munich.

Best I think would be to start his pre season right now where he's at, and do or die when the season starts.

Annihilate Now!

...or later, I'm not fussy
Scout
Dortmund is the only place I can think of where a) they might offer us some cash and b) he might take a pay-cut

Still seems unlikely though.

flappyjay

I don't think we have the funds to terminate his contract. That's the only way for martial to leave.

NoPace

He played on both sides at Dortmund and did well on both. Tended to get more assists when playing on the right but scored more when he was on the left. Should be noted though than when he was on the right he did tuck in a lot with a very attacking fullback providing the width. Something that he certainly never had here.

I presume we didn't have him pencilled in on either side when we bought him. We probably saw him, Rashford and Greenwood alternating between the two spots, with Sancho on the left when playing with Greenwood and on the right when playing with Rashford (with the option of all three at times with Greenwood or Rashford playing at striker).
Yeah. Sancho's best attacking attribute has always been that he can complete passes in tight space to other attackers, so I think the idea was that he would get the ball to Greenwood and Rashford's feet, since neither is good in the air. Bruno and Sancho to create, Rashford and Greenwood to finish.

Marwood

Yeah. Sancho's best attacking attribute has always been that he can complete passes in tight space to other attackers, so I think the idea was that he would get the ball to Greenwood and Rashford's feet, since neither is good in the air. Bruno and Sancho to create, Rashford and Greenwood to finish.
I think that's what's disappointed me the most. His short passing. I had high expectations and we badly need more players who are good at it.

But he's been as sloppy as anyone.

Bobski

He is playing like a shit Grealish, no penetration, no energy, unambitious passing, and a coward when it comes to physical challenges. He just doesn't have the mentality to perform here. No point wasting more time on him.

FerociousCorgis

We need to find some way to get value out of him without losing it based on money's owed on whatever it is financially. Loan to buy or whatever it takes

Lay

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
Meh, wasn't bad but also he and Antony are the two least threatening wingers we've had over a long period.

miked99

He's so frustrating. He's got a really good finish on him but he rarely gets himself into a position to use it.

The amount of times he gets the ball in a really promising position but instead decides to do a little dance for a bit before stopping and then passing the ball two yards backwards.

JUST DRIVE AT THE feckING PLAYER FOR feckS SAKE

Van Piorsing

Lost his light sabre
Starts a game on eye catching note, few good moves, some backheel pass, then back to being off on early vacations.

Ten Hag should drill some heart out of him on upcoming US tour, can't let another season pass him by.

2Injurytimegoal

Seriously get this crap out of the team, we have enough young potential wingers waiting for opportunities.

Assume we get a top CF, Rashford can play his position too.

Pellstri, Amad, Antony, we have four players for LWF.

El Jefe

He has to be sold. He's reached the point of no return.

There's nothing he offers the team in my opinion other than being an extra body in attack.

edgecutter

Garnacho played 20 mins and was head and shoulders above him. You can point fingers at Anthony as well, but he's been here far longer and has been nothing short of a coward every game we play.

BorisManUtd

Well first season Sancho was adapting to the Premier League so gave him benefit of a doubt. Then this season comes, he scores a goal here and there, even is away from team training and getting all support from manager he needs to turn it around but things stayed the same.

Too weak and mentally not up to it either. If there are buyers, sell Sancho this summer.

Big Ben Foster

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
Supports
Also support Vasco da Gama
He has to be sold. He's reached the point of no return.

There's nothing he offers the team in my opinion other than being an extra body in attack.
I'd agree, the only issue with selling him this summer is that writing down his book value would make our FFP situation even worse.

Maybe the solution is a loan with obligation (not option) to buy next summer. But I'm not sure if anyone would take that.

Status
Not open for further replies.