Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

VP89

Pogba's biggest fan
Yeah I think Amad could do a job on the right if he isn’t loaned out, but we have 0 depth on the LW besides Elanga and as ofnow that’s clearly the weaker side of Sancho is primarily going to play on the right.
If we do go on to sign Antony then thankfully there are lots of wide options before we consider say, Elanga.

Sancho is avail on left or right, then you have Rashford / Martial for left and Antony for right.

Ali Dia

Souness's Super Sub/George Weahs Talented Cousin
He’s a joy to watch. Our most talented player by a distance.
I think we might finally agree on something! The way he effortlessly moves the ball out of his feet and can move in any direction. The way he carries the ball with his head up. His eye for a creative pass and finally I think he’s potentially a really clean finisher if he gets his confidence up.

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
Yeah I think Amad could do a job on the right if he isn’t loaned out, but we have 0 depth on the LW besides Elanga and as ofnow that’s clearly the weaker side of Sancho is primarily going to play on the right.
Eh, i don't see Amad being relevant in the premier league at all for the time being. Years away.

A left footed right winger and we can use Sancho left with the new RW, or Sancho and Rashford, or the new RW and Rashford. That's a 3 at a high level who can rotate and change combinations to give a high level no matter who is injured out of the 3. Martial as deeper LW depth of needed. At RW, if Sancho is out, we have nothing. At least we can use Sancho left if Rashford is out (we just need a RW to play right in that case).

Escobar

Shameless Musketeer
Never got sll the negativity last season. He is a real talent and just needed time and work. Could be a huge season for him

Ekeke

Obviously he spent the game playing against youngsters at leftback, but it was still great to see us deploy him on the right and him looking like the special player he had the reputation as being before we signed him. Good finish. Hope he carries it on for the season

Highfather_24

I really like the rollovers he does to get inside from the right. So pleasing to watch.

Aeryis

Was beautiful to watch yesterday, his form and technique are pleasing to the eye. Eagerly hoping he blows up this season.

Chief123

After Sancho’s impressive display on the right wing, a lot of people are wondering why we didn’t play him there more and why he wasn’t as effective when we did try him there.

It’s a prime example of good coaching instructions and system. As mentioned in other thread, our full backs were constantly making under lapping runs inside of the wingers and behind the full backs. This is something ETH will bring. It gave Sancho 2/3 options whenever he received the ball. It allowed him to thread slide rule balls and find others with intricate passes which is what his game is. He didn’t need to try and outpace a player which is what he had to do last season due to the static movement in the team.

WPMUFC

Sancho is so far in front mentally this pre season he actually looks like he's playing in a team of himself. The intelligence, passing, runs are INSANE compared to what others are showing so far in pre season. He's taken to ETH instantly.

Trex

Sancho is so far in front mentally this pre season he actually looks like he's playing in a team of himself. The intelligence, passing, runs are INSANE compared to what others are showing so far in pre season. He's taken to ETH instantly.
We all knew he was going to be the standout in ETH team though.

Trex

This guy is going to be the creative hub on this side for years like a Hazard at Chelsea good.

RuudTom83

In the first half it was the right side that was by far the most creative...which is something we haven't said for a few years.

Jadon will start the season well, just remains to be seen if he can keep it up!

flameinthesun

Looking really good. He also shows why we need Antony, we need two tricky wingers on the wings. Rashford and elanga just don't have that close control, close dribbling that these guys have. I'd get antony in on the right and put sancho on the left. We also need Malacia to hopefully step up as Shaw does not have the engine that Dalot has to constantly make runs inside and out.

Sylar

I just like how EtH has put him on the right and let him do his stuff there. Hes linking well with Dalot with the overlaps. Its nice to have a right footed winger on the right that can make use of the space out wide but still join in the box.

makes new threads with tweets in the OP
I just like how EtH has put him on the right and let him do his stuff there. Hes linking well with Dalot with the overlaps. Its nice to have a right footed winger on the right that can make use of the space out wide but still join in the box.
This is the key thing with Jadon: He has always thrived with a fullback who can help him overload the flank he's playing on.

You can't expect Jadon to produce same football playing in front of Wan-Bissaka as he did in front of Hakimi. He needs someone to bounce off, to draw defenders attention.

Just with Dalot playing in a coordinated attacking system around him, Jadon's been unleashed.

Sylar

This is the key thing with Jadon: He has always thrived with a fullback who can help him overload the flank he's playing on.

You can't expect Jadon to produce same football playing in front of Wan-Bissaka as he did in front of Hakimi. He needs someone to bounce off, to draw defenders attention.

Just with Dalot playing in a coordinated attacking system around him, Jadon's been unleashed.
For some reason when we bought him, we expected him to just take the ball and beat three men like hes prime Ronaldo or Giggs. (and even with those two, they had full backs who assisted). Jadon certainly has been used incorrectly since we bought him. The two preseason games have been a huge positive.

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
Guy is going to be our player of the season. World class player. Idiots hating on him last season not realizing it was an impossible environment

ti vu

So really our concern shouldn't be signing a RW like Antony, it should be looking for a solid RB to help Sancho thrive in front of them.
It's not that easy. And the quality one may be expensive too.

With Antony, it's known quality. Easier to expect him to hit the ground running in term of understanding ETH instructions.

Remember the geese

So really our concern shouldn't be signing a RW like Antony, it should be looking for a solid RB to help Sancho thrive in front of them.
I still think that we could do with another quality winger. The drop from Rashford and Sancho to Elanga and Amad might still be a bit big.

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
Think we could get more output from Sancho left and Antony right personally.

Not sure Elanga is good enough on the left and Rashford blows hot and cold.

We should definitely still aim to sign him - we need more quality not less.

roonster09

Hercule Poirot of the scouting world
Scout
Guy is going to be our player of the season. World class player. Idiots hating on him last season not realizing it was an impossible environment
Amazing how his name is used in other transfer threads for wrong reasons by the same person.

Kaos

It's not that easy. And the quality one may be expensive too.

With Antony, it's known quality. Easier to expect him to hit the ground running in term of understanding ETH instructions.
Oh I definitely want us to go for Antony, but I feel like part of the reason he's been so effective for Ajax was he had Mazraoui behind him. I don't see him being anywhere near as effective having to link with AWB or Dalot.

Pronewbie

Peep
Eriksen will mask Rashford’s average passing abilities with his technique and defence-splitting through-balls. If teams defend deep then we have Sancho and Bruno to work their magic on the right.

WirralRed

He could be our most exciting aspect of the season, as many have already said he is tailor made for possession based team.

Stacks

none of our players are world class although hopefully he can prove to be the best player this season as I think our accomplishments are limited if Bruno/Rashford are our best attacking outlets

Tavern in the town

Eriksen will mask Rashford’s average passing abilities with his technique and defence-splitting through-balls. If teams defend deep then we have Sancho and Bruno to work their magic on the right.
Rashford is a great passer. Used to pick out an underlapping Shaw with perfectly weighted passes for fun before last season. Also played one of the best passes I’ve ever seen to Greenwood vs Liverpool in the cup.

ti vu

Oh I definitely want us to go for Antony, but I feel like part of the reason he's been so effective for Ajax was he had Mazraoui behind him. I don't see him being anywhere near as effective having to link with AWB or Dalot.
From the few games I saw, Mazraoui role is very conservative, almost a tucked in midfielder while Antony operates as the main right flank width provider.

MazraouI on a free would have been nice. But since it's not possible, finding a long term starter RB can be almost as expensive as buying Antony.

roonster09

Hercule Poirot of the scouting world
Scout
Not sure I get what you're saying!
Marktan (or not sure exactly what's his name) using Sancho's name in every transfer thread for wrong reasons, saying why xyz player won't be successful in PL giving Sancho as example.

This season many will be eating their words and will move goal posts regarding Sancho.

Bebestation

Im a doctor btw, my IQ destroys yours
I like him on the right more than the left.

Shame we didn’t see it all that much last season.

Status
Not open for further replies.