5.3 Season Average Rating
Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

Chief123

When a player fails to make simple 5 yard passes, can't control the ball in the middle of the pitch etc., of course it is all about that player especially when he keeps doing it almost every game.
He gave away the ball for the first goal. After that it all fell apart.

VP89

Pogba's biggest fan
He needs to do a lot more and do it consistently. Getting tired of him now.

el3mel

We should cash on him in the summer if any team is willing to buy him. Maybe Newcastle will be interested.

He's a flop and he's not that good, maybe he can be good in other leagues but here he's simply not worth it.

BarryWinks

One player I the team I struggle to see why people defend so much. The likes of Rashford and Martial get alot of stick, but they have done well in this league previously. They may lack the workrate, but their ability and productivity when they can be arsed is never in question.

I can name five wide players from teams outside of the traditional top six who are better than him. No heart, no fight, nothing. I didn't rate him highly at Dortmund, and I definitely don't see what others seem to see since he's been here.

Maybe not going to the world cup will be the final wake up call for him.

Bebestation

Im a doctor btw, my IQ destroys yours
Playing in shite system with lack of team pressing will never help him. Think Guardiola would make him a great player.

Putting in a shift is a bare minimum for every proffessional footballer, we have too many lazy, moody players who are not willing to run which is just sad. There is many talented footballers out there but we target the wrong profile with just technically gifted players who lack drive.
Rubbish.

Pep knew he wasn’t good enough for his team.

Barthez

He is literally the player in our team with worst pressing abilities and worst work rate out of any player.
Then he should be dropped. If he’s doesn’t buy into this philosophy he should be sold. We can’t keep waiting for players to come good.

Idxomer

The PL is too intense him for him, he should go back to Germany or maybe go to Serie A.

fergiewherearethou

Supports
Erik ten Hag
One player I the team I struggle to see why people defend so much. The likes of Rashford and Martial get alot of stick, but they have done well in this league previously. They may lack the workrate, but their ability and productivity when they can be arsed is never in question.

I can name five wide players from teams outside of the traditional top six who are better than him. No heart, no fight, nothing. I didn't rate him highly at Dortmund, and I definitely don't see what others seem to see since he's been here.

Maybe not going to the world cup will be the final wake up call for him.
Like any relatively new player, he got a pass in his first season. Rashford and Martial have already a couple of seasons here, since they were teenagers and our fans expected much more from them, that's why the standards are higher.

Dominos

Contender for worst player on the pitch alongside Eriksen today.

Really shocking how he couldn't hold on to possession any time he got the ball.

Frank White

Good job he's not on £350k a week then!
Not really, anything over 100k after his performances in the prem and we'd struggle to get rid.

Does nothing going forwards, defensively or at all in general. His workrate is utter shite and outside of that people love to talk up his footballing IQ but surely if he was infact Einstein reincarnated on the pitch he be able to complete a simple pass ffs....

SAFMUTD

Contender for worst player on the pitch alongside Eriksen today.

Really shocking how he couldn't hold on to possession any time he got the ball.
No surprise as both him and Eriksen are "possession" based players. They work better in teams that control the ball and tempo of the game, in them they can work like lock breakers. On a team like ours today they don't have the pace nor physicality to cope with.

Dominos

No surprise as both him and Eriksen are "possession" based players. They work better in teams that control the ball and tempo of the game, in them they can work like lock breakers. On a team like ours today they don't have the pace nor physicality to cope with.
To be fair, how can we be a possession based team when our best ball players can't complete a 5 yard pass or control a ball? They only have themselves to blame.

SAFMUTD

To be fair, how can we be a possession based team when our best ball players can't complete a 5 yard pass or control a ball? They only have themselves to blame.
We weren't playing against thugs, City are top of the notch regarding high press. Our players were nervous and low of confidence after the first minutes, it was a poor game obviously but both him and Eriksen will work better once we face teams of our level.

Currently our best option to face teams like City is to sit back and hit them on the break, we tried to compete face to face with them, we can't. Not at this point at least.

MikeKing

Supports
Bournemouth
Today is the day I've lost all faith in him. He's a nothing player. Like Pogba, people will make excuses for years before finally realising he's an unreliable player.
How is he unreliable? We barely make possesion-based attacks. He very often finds himself isolated 2vs1, he doesn't have anyone to pass to in front of him that will score, it's just slow passing back and fourth, and he has nobody to pass the ball to him. Same problem on the right wing. He was almost through in a one vs one situation but the passing between him and Rashford fecked up the move. You don't really get to see him in the right positions because of it, in these types of games.

Dominos

We weren't playing against thugs, City are top of the notch regarding high press. Our players were nervous and low of confidence after the first minutes, it was a poor game obviously but both him and Eriksen will work better once we face teams of our level.

Currently our best option to face teams like City is to sit back and hit them on the break, we tried to compete face to face with them, we can't. Not at this point at least.
I really don't think this was the game plan at all.

Look at the opening goal, we were defending very deep in numbers, they just played round us. 2nd goal from a corner.

Once we were 2-0 down we had to start playing football so original game plan of relying on counters goes out the window. That left gaps on the counter and our midfield and attackers have absolutely no defensive awareness or physicality to stop the supply.

CloneMC16

Well and truly on fraud watch for me. He got a tonne of leeway last season. He was mostly bad throughout, but we gave him the benefit of the doubt. Still being bad is a massive worry.

SAFMUTD

I really don't think this was the game plan at all.

Look at the opening goal, we were defending very deep in numbers, they just played round us. 2nd goal from a corner.

Once we were 2-0 down we had to start playing football so original game plan of relying on counters goes out the window. That left gaps on the counter and our midfield and attackers have absolutely no defensive awareness or physicality to stop the supply.
If we we're aiming to sit down and counter I think the line up would've been different. For a start either Casemiro or Fred besides Eriksen.

Ten Hag spoke about imposing our style and surprising City. Obviously is way harder to do than say. Ten Hag will learn from this.

Also there's a clear mental weakness within the squad, it seems if the opposition scores early we crumble. Ten Hag must fix this, it's no coincidence it has happened against Spurs, Liverpool, Brentford and now City. Same old pattern.

Van Piorsing

Lost his light sabre
I swear, let's never sign English player for more than 30-40m.

So far it's just not worth it.

Dominos

If we we're aiming to sit down and counter I think the line up would've been different. For a start either Casemiro or Fred besides Eriksen.

Ten Hag spoke about imposing our style and surprising City. Obviously is way harder to do than say. Ten Hag will learn from this.

Also there's a clear mental weakness within the squad, it seems if the opposition scores early we crumble. Ten Hag must fix this, it's no coincidence it has happened against Spurs, Liverpool, Brentford and now City. Same old pattern.
It's the same line up as Liverpool/Arsenal where we barely touched the ball.

We got away with it against Liverpool/Arsenal so I see why he went with the same team. The logic was we need Eriksen's passing ability to get the ball into Bruno and our attackers to actually transition effectively. Unfortunately he couldn't pass a ball today and his lack of defensive nouse and physicality were finally shown up in a big game.

The fact Eriksen didn't get subbed or moved higher up the pitch at half time is a worry, ETH should have seen enough at that point. Martial should have been on at half time too.

Son

I can take a beating against City. Some of our players have promise or just had a bad game. Sancho though is a worry. He seems to be having a poor game most weeks this season.

I really expected him to show more courage and get on the ball this season which isn’t happening. Very worrying.

Lay

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
Club spent two years chasing him and never realised he isn't that quick.

Bobade

So far I'm yet to be convinced he is anywhere near suited to the Premier league.

Irwin99

Nothing new. No intensity- and I know he's not "that type of player" but he's just too anonymous for long periods of matches.

BarstoolProphet

Supremely talented and very intelligent, he just doesn't seem to have the physique and mindset to play in the Premier League.

kundalini

Terrible performance. Lost possession cheaply time after time. Minimal attempt to help out defensively.

C'est Moi Cantona

Not sure if he is another decent player we are making look poor, or if he's just overated, because I'm really trying hard be impressed, but it's very hard to see so far what he is good at.

edgecutter

He'll be out of the team now martial is back. Its either him or rashford for the left wing spot.

Pat Cat

Absolute dogshit player who will never amount to anything either here or elsewhere, to think there were shouts for him being our best player and outrage over him not making the England squad is absolutely hilarious.

Status
Not open for further replies.