Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

AltiUn

likes playing with swords after fantasies
Rashford's probably taking his position when Martial's fully fit. He has 0 confidence, just looks for the nearest pass every time and goes for it.

ZainCRse7en

Is he going through some girlfriend problems or what? Sick of these hyped English players who have such a weak mentality. Question is, how do we move him on (if we decide to) when he is at 300k pw?

Blood Mage

He's just not very good. Antony is a better, left-footed version of him. We need a more dynamic player for our left flank but Rashford will do for now.

Solius

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Staff
It's like he's inherited Rashford's brain from last season.

Pass and Move

His game is all about movement and runners. I think he's certainly not playing with much confidence right now, but he needs the team to do a lot better in terms of running off the ball and breaking past defenders. I'm sure he'd shine in the current City team, and with time, I think ETH will get the best out of him. I'd actually like to give him a game at number 10

Solius

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Staff
Is he going through some girlfriend problems or what? Sick of these hyped English players who have such a weak mentality. Question is, how do we move him on (if we decide to) when he is at 300k pw?
I still think we need to give him more time. Look how other players have come on under ETH.

There needs to be a medium found again between 'He's rubbish we need to get rid asap' and the club's previous method of giving new contracts to retain value despite a player offering us nothing. If the team carry on firing and his form doesn't pick up he should naturally find his way out of the team and eventually out of the squad. I hope he improves though.

Borys

Statistics Wizard
His game is all about movement and runners. I think he's certainly not playing with much confidence right now, but he needs the team to do a lot better in terms of running off the ball and breaking past defenders. I'm sure he'd shine in the current City team, and with time, I think ETH will get the best out of him. I'd actually like to give him a game at number 10
That's the thing, he should be doing the movement, we already have Casemiro/Eriksen/Bruno/even Fred looking for runners. Makes little sense to play another playmaker who needs runs around him. We can't have a team of 10 playmakers.

That said, some of his runs were clearly ignored yesterday, I think nobody really fancies his chances in a foot race, what is a worry because I share that feeling.
Agree about no10 position, he seems to do best just at the edge of the box, that's where all his contributions came from this season. I think fluid and narrow front 3 would be beneficial for him as well.

Henandez14

Supports
World peace
That is no longer an excuse. Technical ability is not an issue anymore. Giving the ball to players surrounded with opposition is also not the best way to play football.
City pass the ball to players surrounded by opposition all the time. It just means we haven't fully implemented a system yet.
Right?

Borys

Statistics Wizard
City pass the ball to players surrounded by opposition all the time. It just means we haven't fully implemented a system yet.
Right?
Right, but we might never implement "the system" fully, and their players are fairly superior in terms of technical level. It's not an excuse, we have to find a different way to utilize Sancho. Not to say City wingers are much more industrial than anything Sancho has shown here.

I was super excited for him when ETH joined, really thought he will be smashing it. Now it seems like he's the only player who looks lethargic and has not improved at all, what is very frustrating considering how the team is playing now and how many more options he has, how much space to operate etc.

Cloud7

I've not been enthused with what Sancho has been putting out, nor have I hid that, but there's no way Elanga should be playing over him. Elanga lacks the requisite technical ability for football at this level. The only thing he has on Sancho is that he's faster. If there's another youth player who is ready, fair enough, but not Elanga. At least Sancho can retain the ball.

KikiDaKats

Supports
His Liverpool supporting wife
It’s plain and simple. This lad is a woosy. He either changes his attitude towards the game or he will never develop into the player we hope for.
He lacks tenacity and hustle. At this rate he is going to end up a squad player no one misses when not playing.

KikiDaKats

Supports
His Liverpool supporting wife
I've not been enthused with what Sancho has been putting out, nor have I hid that, but there's no way Elanga should be playing over him. Elanga lacks the requisite technical ability for football at this level. The only thing he has on Sancho is that he's faster. If there's another youth player who is ready, fair enough, but not Elanga. At least Sancho can retain the ball.
In a possession based system like what we saw yesterday, chaos in the final third is important. Sancho lacks that. Elanga might not be as talented but brings chaos that leads to mistakes. At this point using that strength of his should not be frowned upon.
Elanga can be ourvery own Pedro.

UpWithRivers

Sancho looks like one of those players that needs consistency. He is in and out of games. He plays right he plays left. He plays with a team that's adjusting or just bad last season. He is relatively new to the league and he's young. Some young players just adjust, some need time. He needs to just play consistently and in one position and Im sure he will just get better and better. After 6/7/8 games the real Sancho will turn up. Or it might even take him till next year. But I'm sure at some point we will see what Sancho is really made of.

r0663664

Worships Man City
Sancho doesn't have the pace to take on RB in the league. He can't dribble pass anyone, Sancho will soon be a expensive bench warmer. Probably good for him to move aboard again. ETH should seriously consider selling him when top German, Spanish and Italian makes a bid. We could get someone better at half his price.

JB7

He started poorly yesterday but I thought he got better as the game went on. By no means one of his better performances but he's heavily involved while we're attacking and generally speaking he takes up good positions and makes things happen. He's also one of the best players we've got in tight spaces so he gives us a different element to the attack. I'm not overly concerned with him, we'll see improvements over the season I'm sure of it.

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
He definitely improved as the game went on, but started the game shitting himself. I love his composure in the final 3rd, and that he can keep the ball under pressure... The sloppiness for me is 100% a mental thing as that's not normally something you'd associate with Sancho. But the aggression when he has the ball, the feeling to actually try and create stuff... That's what needs to improve. Too happy to lay the ball off to someone else. Even for Fred's goal, it worked out, but he was in a better position himself when he received it, but didn't make his mind up quickly and his chance went away.

I think once Martial is back, Sancho will be benched (or at least be the rotation option for Rashford and Antony). Until he steps it up himself and shows what he can do more often.

ZainCRse7en

Sancho doesn't have the pace to take on RB in the league. He can't dribble pass anyone, Sancho will soon be a expensive bench warmer. Probably good for him to move aboard again. ETH should seriously consider selling him when top German, Spanish and Italian makes a bid. We could get someone better at half his price.
Right. And who would match his 350k wages?

Sarni

nice guy, unassuming, objective United fan.
It's been said ever since he came here, all the same excuses. I did laugh at the suggestion that he needs a perfect wing back, midfielder, forward and playmaker for him to play well, and I still do find it amusing that some are trying to convince themselves that the issue with Sancho will be sorted if we spend 200 million on giving him exactly the players he needs, when he has not shown a single thing suggesting we should be trying to build a team around him. He's been very, very poor and has not shown much quality at all. If anything he needs to be benched as soon as we have the options to replace him.

Thebaldingbob

Spot on. He’s never ever been worth the amount of money we paid for him.
Another Jermaine Tennant at best.

Chaky_Best

Supports 'a joke of a club'.
Issue is that I really liked is game yesterday.

Kept possession.
Stayed wide.
Chased his full back.
Made lots of run in behind.
Made also lots of runs for Shaw.

End product is not here yet, clear he needs to improved, but think it s a very good collective and unselfish performance for him.

Carlsen19

Don't listen to my lies RE: Lineups
He's one we could at least recoup a decent chunk on still so I would get rid sooner rather than later. Just don't see it with him.

Trex

Its the way he pulls out of every 50/50 raising both hands as if to say, " I didn't make contact" when he should actually be making contact.
People talk of his lack of pace but B. Silva, Grealish doesn't have top pace either but they utilize their close control and balance qualities he also posses to make life difficult for their opposition. He is too much in his head and need to play more off the cuff. You need that arrogance to be a top player.

Mmm-Qatarian

I don't think he was quite as bad as some people are making it sound last night. He was involved in some really impressive combinations on the left flank. He was the least impressive of our players, though. Doesn't look wholly confident in himself.

Pass and Move

It's been said ever since he came here, all the same excuses. I did laugh at the suggestion that he needs a perfect wing back, midfielder, forward and playmaker for him to play well, and I still do find it amusing that some are trying to convince themselves that the issue with Sancho will be sorted if we spend 200 million on giving him exactly the players he needs, when he has not shown a single thing suggesting we should be trying to build a team around him. He's been very, very poor and has not shown much quality at all. If anything he needs to be benched as soon as we have the options to replace him.
A little strange to reply to my post by arguing with points you say other people have made.

Sancho rarely loses the ball, he manages to negotiate tight spaces well and release the ball when others would get tackled, and he's shown he has great composure in front of goal. His greatest attribute at Dortmund was finding key passes to willing runners, which is something he isn't being provided with at United right now. I haven't suggest we but different players to build a team around him, I said I'm confident ETH will get the best out of him. He just needs movement from his teammates in and around the box.

Sarni

nice guy, unassuming, objective United fan.
A little strange to reply to my post by arguing with points you say other people have made.

Sancho rarely loses the ball, he manages to negotiate tight spaces well and release the ball when others would get tackled, and he's shown he has great composure in front of goal. His greatest attribute at Dortmund was finding key passes to willing runners, which is something he isn't being provided with at United right now. I haven't suggest we but different players to build a team around him, I said I'm confident ETH will get the best out of him. He just needs movement from his teammates in and around the box.
He rarely loses the ball because he goes for the safest pass possible literally every single time. He almost never crosses the ball, he almost never takes on a defender, he almost never shoots from anywhere, that's why his ball retention statistics are probably quite good. He was a completely different player at Dortmund by all accounts but his confidence is shattered and I'm not sure if it's that easy to fix at this point. He doesn't even try to do anything, if you have all the players around him making great runs he's going to pass the ball backwards to the nearest midfielder at this point anyway as the single biggest issue with his performances here is that he does not attempt to do anything.

After first 15-16 games of last season I said it would have been useful to loan him to a lower placed team where he'd be under less spotlight and pressure so he could regain his confidence. I also wanted us to loan him to Ajax last Summer in exchange for Antony, to offset the cost, I think it would have been perfect environment for him to build back his self-belief. Both ideas were largely ridiculed here because people thought he'd become great with the team playing better. The team plays well now and he's still bad, and that loan ship may have sailed already because I honestly think if you loaned him to Crystal Palace or Everton now, he'd quickly find himself on their bench.

tomaldinho1

It's not his style. He needs technical players around him. He found Fred in the box three times yesterday in the first half alone. He found Bruno once too. In all four occasions they both proceeded to promptly make a mess of it. All I could think was "if that was Martial".
This is true. For all the criticism he should have had at least a couple of assists yesterday.

el3mel

People were actually mad at the board for not paying 120 fecking millions for him at one point, believe it or not.

Fraud. Sell next summer please. I'll take 40m and run away.

TheNewEra

Knows Kroos' mentality
Eriksen, Shaw, Antony gave him a good ball in the game, and he was flat footed no movement.

They passed it to him expecting him to attack the space. He needs to learn to make runs.

Superunknown

At the moment, he's bringing nothing. He only gets in because the rest of our attack is, overall, wank. Very disappointing performance, which is becoming too normal for him.

AFC NimbleThumb

It’s a sticky one. After a game like today it’s hard to think had we not had a competent LW we’d have done more in the first 30 minutes.

I’m still holding out hope but give me something man cause it’s tough to defend that debacle.

Status
Not open for further replies.