5.3 Season Average Rating
Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

croadyman

Yeah his twitchiness around the topic looks like he's choosing his words very carefully and he doesn't really know how to answer.
I didn't think much of it but then O Neill from Webby's old podcast made a point about it

saivet

My take away from the EtH press conference was that if he was going to play then he would have said he was ready. Instead EtH was extremely coy and refused to give an answer apart from saying "he is training". I honestly feel like he's miles away still and can't help but think he's gone through something abit traumatic like, im just going to say it, suicide or something. His brother died at a very young age i read the other day too, not that has anything to do with it, but there is a hell of alot of stuff not being said or explained about Sancho. I can't think of any examples ever of a player of his calibre who has taken 3/4 months out when he isn't physically injured. I just hope the kid is alright and is at last ready to be introduced to the match day squad.
The press conference was after the Forrest first leg and embargoed hence why I think his comments were vague about the Reading game. There was only a day between his pre match press conference at Forrest and his pre match conference for Reading.

Suspect he'll get asked about Sancho before or after the game today.

BarryWinks

Good thing we are on a good run as a team. Imagine if we were really struggling and one of our most expensive players is nowhere to be seen - or unavailable to play for reasons untold to fans. I bet half the people who are asking for him to be given enough time won't be so patient.

Anyways, all the best to the lads whatever it is that he's going through.

CM

If he can't be in the squad at all when ten hag yesterday said "he is close, has to see how he trains"... Then yeah he's just shit in training. Was sent away to get fit, because he wasn't fit due to his own lack of training committment and not any injuries, and now he's been back with the group for a while but still not deserving of a place on the bench? That's just not great. At all.

We'll see midweek then. But Ten Hag has said many times he doesn't gift opportunities, the players have to earn them. Sancho is fit, but he's not deserving a place in the squad in Ten Hags eyes clearly.
I can't see it. How bad does your level of training need to be to not make the squad for a game against a Championship side when we're already short on numbers? It's really bizarre, feck knows what's going on.

BarryWinks

It's one thing to not start after a long spell out, that I think most of us will understand. But with games coming thick and fast, an ample opportunity to rest our first choice wide players (Anthony/Rashford), and a game at home against championship opposition, there's no better time to give him some minutes off the bench.

That he is not even in contention for the bench tells me he's not as close to a return as some people have been speculating. I could of course be wrong and he's on the bench on Wednesday, but it definitely is strange given we know nothing of the reason he's been away in the first place.

Brianschoccysurprise

I was at the Leeds game at OT when he made his debut, he was sent out to warm up just infront of where i was sat and Ole called him back quite quickly to get him on to the pitch. He had a snap back at Ole about it and considering he was going to make his debut i thought it was really bizzare behaviour. He seemed to have a chip on his shoulder before he even kicked a ball for us

RedDevilRoshi

This was literally the perfect game to play him in. Even just to bring on for a cameo so he gets some confidence playing competitive football again.

Again, it’s pretty much anyone’s guess now if he is in the squad for the Forest game on Wednesday night.

croadyman

This was literally the perfect game to play him in. Even just to bring on for a cameo so he gets some confidence playing competitive football again.

Again, it’s pretty much anyone’s guess now if he is in the squad for the Forest game on Wednesday night.
Lost faith that will happen after this

Sunny Jim

Warsaw...that's too far away from Edinburgh...
My take away from the EtH press conference was that if he was going to play then he would have said he was ready. Instead EtH was extremely coy and refused to give an answer apart from saying "he is training". I honestly feel like he's miles away still and can't help but think he's gone through something abit traumatic like, im just going to say it, suicide or something. His brother died at a very young age i read the other day too, not that has anything to do with it, but there is a hell of alot of stuff not being said or explained about Sancho. I can't think of any examples ever of a player of his calibre who has taken 3/4 months out when he isn't physically injured. I just hope the kid is alright and is at last ready to be introduced to the match day squad.
Thats a very intresting take. Thanks for posting.

Drizzle

I'm not one for conspiracy theories but clearly this is not a standard issue. When he deleted social media and disappeared that was disturbing enough. Then 2 months of solitary bootcamp. Then back in training with the full squad for a couple of weeks - but still can't even sneak onto the bench for a game like this.

Nah, bad things have happened. Very bad.

kaku06

If he isn’t ready for Reading then he isn’t going to be ready for a while. After that, it will take him sometime to get the match fitness and then some more time to get the match sharpness. There is a big chance he won’t be contributing anything this season for us. Hope he is okay but I’m also worried for us. All eggs in the Rashford’s basket. Anything happening to him and our whole season could tank.

vanrooney

It's true, footballers are people and I think there's accurate empathy around Sancho and his situation from most people. However, in what other work environment can you take off 3 months to 'get yourself right' when you have two months every summer to make sure you're in top condition?

I understand that he must have been in a very difficult situation but at some point what's best for the club has to come into effect, and this is true in all work environments. No one takes 3 months off (or more) and manages to keep their job where they are.
thats a sensible opinion, but if you compare it with the rest of us you have to keep in mind that he is a key person in a multimillion pound company with big potential. such persons would get the chance to take 3 month off if absolutely necessary especially if the alternative is to fire him and loose someone relevant. but yeah, at some point he has to deliver again. i think eth managed that perfectly and sancho will come back much better

kaku06

I'm not one for conspiracy theories but clearly this is not a standard issue. When he deleted social media and disappeared that was disturbing enough. Then 2 months of solitary bootcamp. Then back in training with the full squad for a couple of weeks - but still can't even sneak onto the bench for a game like this.

Nah, bad things have happened. Very bad.
I concur. And I’m not buying into this mental issue only. It has to be something else too other than that.

croadyman

If he isn’t ready for Reading then he isn’t going to be ready for a while. After that, it will take him sometime to get the match fitness and then some more time to get the match sharpness. There is a big chance he won’t be contributing anything this season for us. Hope he is okay but I’m also worried for us. All eggs in the Rashford’s basket. Anything happening to him and our whole season could tank.
Yeah whole situation is very strange indeed

croadyman

thats a sensible opinion, but if you compare it with the rest of us you have to keep in mind that he is a key person in a multimillion pound company with big potential. such persons would get the chance to take 3 month off if absolutely necessary especially if the alternative is to fire him and loose someone relevant. but yeah, at some point he has to deliver again. i think eth managed that perfectly and sancho will come back much better
Will he come back because starting to wonder

kaku06

Does anyone know when exactly it all started? When was he taken out first from the squad? Late October or November?

SER19

Does anyone know when exactly it all started? When was he taken out first from the squad? Late October or November?
Think his last game was v Tottenham in 2 nil win? Was decent too

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
This could be the case but he hasn't called him out on it once. Surely it would get to the point where he keeps getting asked and he just says it's up to Sancho to put the effort in during training because currently he's not.
I mean he sent him away on a private program to get fit... We all have hope for him but it's not great to not be injured and not be able to train well enough to be in the squad at this point

Cassidy

No longer at risk of being mistaken for a Scouser
He’ll be involved against Forrest

FrankWhite

Not Frank White
Just hoping he uses a goal celebration to let us know what the issue was…point to the head for mental, point to his tummy for weight, point to his heart for fitness, point to his balls for cojones.
You are a twat :lol:

Okey

We don't know the truth of the matter and probably never will, but something is wrong. This is more than meets the eye. That sudden, then that sustained an absence. I just hope whatever it is ends with him back playing and playing well. Right now, I'm no longer buying the official line.

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
I can't see it. How bad does your level of training need to be to not make the squad for a game against a Championship side when we're already short on numbers? It's really bizarre, feck knows what's going on.
Bad enough to be sent away to train on your own rather than train with the group since the world Cup started? He wasn't even in the world Cup, could've trained with the group for 2 full months by now.

Drizzle

Wasn't it mid November. Out of the England squad, gets ragged on twitter, deletes social media and then disappeared. Hard to remember now tbh

united_99

Takes pleasure in other people's pain
OK, now I am also worried. Hope all is well with him.

Status
Not open for further replies.