Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

united_99

Takes pleasure in other people's pain
What? We should boo our players, that should teach them a lesson, us soft and nice fans are the reason after all for all of United’s struggles in its history and all that …

Anyway, great to see the reception. The OT crowd are mostly a great crowd, with a lot of patience and not spoiled despite all the success they have witnessed in the last few decades.

AJ VII

So happy to have him back, brought a smile to my face when he was standing ready to come in.

Our attack have so many strings to play at if we can keep them fit. Sancho will provide us with options in the three positions behind the striker, maybe Fernandes can get a rest at some point even.

Sancho looked a lot lighter and more nimble than before, think he can have a huge impact when he is matchfit. A bit strange that we kept Pellistri instead of loaning him out. ETH hardly rotates and now he has at least two players blocking him from getting minutes on the right.

Reactions: Dargonk

Trequartistry

Nice to see him back but looked like he usually does (not very good). I guess we should give him another few months since he hasn’t played for a while

mav_9me

Sancho won't provide the same passing ability that Bruno does, but he can definitely provide a different type of threat as a 10.

AltiUn

likes playing with swords after fantasies
Thought he genuinely showed some nice touches when he came on today.

sglowrider

Thinks the caf is 'wokeish'.

The fact that he kept Bruno at RW, who was terrific in that role I might add, and played him at the 10 could maybe be a sign of things to come...

He's got the tools to be a player centrally
He has the tools to play across the front three.

Mr.Hik

Good to see him smiling and happy. EtH will bring him back.
He is that motherfecker(ETH) you just dont want dissapoint.

tenpoless

No 6-pack, just 2Pac
Supports
4-4-2 classic
If he becomes a number 10 then the analysis that said he is closer to Juan Mata than any other player is actually true then. Whatever tool it was we need to keep using it.

UnitedRepublic

Always knew he would be a better 10 than a winger. Those penetrative passes he gave Martial today is the passes we’ve missed, those are the passes that involves a technical striker like Martial. We barley play any one twos and thats probably because Bruno isn’t that type of nr 10. Sancho can be used in the 10 role If we get a solid B2B no doubt about it.

RuudTom83

Not to bothered about what he did or what position he played…just glad he is back on the pitch!

Lovely to watch the reception he received…class!

Trequartistry

Always knew he would be a better 10 than a winger. Those penetrative passes he gave Martial today is the passes we’ve missed, those are the passes that involves a technical striker like Martial. We barley play any one twos and thats probably because Bruno isn’t that type of nr 10. Sancho can be used in the 10 role If we get a solid B2B no doubt about it.
A 10 minute cameo where he was very sloppy at times isn’t enough to suggest he’s better in that position

TheReligion

Abusive
You could tell the reception he got meant a lot to him.
It was nice to see.
What real supporters look like. Some of the posters in the Sancho thread in the Man Utd forum could do with taking note.
Was at the game and Sancho was very well received.

He first came out to warm up and the crowd went crazy. Total standing ovation. You could tell it meant a lot to him from his reaction back. Literally the whole of the stadium was chanting his name.

Red in STL

Turnover not takeover
Supports
The only team that matters

He first came out to warm up and the crowd went crazy. Total standing ovation. You could tell it meant a lot to him from his reaction back. Literally the whole of the stadium was chanting his name.
Guess there weren't many caf members at the game then!

gregwar

Don't feel a need to comment on a performance. I'm just really glad to see him back and looking happy. ten Hag's reaction during the sub was brilliant.

Give him time to settle back in, he's going to be great for us.

Edwards6

Was great to see him back, the atmosphere was great when he came on. Did Ten Hag say anything about why he played through the middle and Bruno out wide?

Gazza

Wonderful! You lot did the club proud, it’s so nice to see a player get that kind of backing.

Peelhead

It was awesome. No doubt the truth will come out eventually about why he's been gone so long, but if it was why we 'suspect' then this will mean the absolute world to him no doubt.

I bet he was quite nervous about what kind of reception he'd get, but that would have been an amazing relief. Well done OT!
Yes, it's what support's all about. Especially when our club has had some very notable painful tragedy and also legendary players with very high profiles who've had personal issues and we've acted with humanity and treated them like people.

Like someone's written above, Jadon seems a decent guy and clearly ETH is fully supporting him.

Quite proud of our club for it, makes a nice change!

lex talionis

It was great to see Sancho back on the pitch. Our speculation as to what the problem was is pointless, but whatever it was the player we saw tonight looked a new man with solid tools at his disposal to make a significant impact on our quest for trophies and glory.

tenpoless

No 6-pack, just 2Pac
Supports
4-4-2 classic
It's a bold claim. But to be fair I tend to think most of us are pretty nice, and then I open Twitter after a game.
Some of the most critical posters here are probably agreeable "ermmm of course" people in real life.

simonhch

Horrible boss
Supports
Urban Combat Preparedness
Hate to trot out the oldest cliche in the book, but I’m going to do it anyway….. He’s like having a new signing.

Delighted he’s back. Some crazily critical posts in this thread, and even a few critical responses to his appearance tonight, but it’s what you come to expect with some internet fans.

Don’t know when he’ll be fully match fit, but he’s a player who has a ton of quality, and he’s returning rested and looking fitter than at any point in the last two years, just at the right time. We now have Rashford, Martial, Antony, Sancho, Garnacho, and Weghorst all fit and competing for three places. That’s excellent news with the huge fixture pile up we have.

In midfield we have Casemiro, Fred, Bruno, Sabitzer and McTominay for the rest of the season, for three spots. It’s pretty solid. A three of Casemiro, Sabitzer and Bruno will run most other teams into the ground. The depth and variation will look a lot better when Eriksen returns to fitness too.

And in defence we have two complete back lines, all playing pretty well right now. Dalot, Varane, Martínez, Shaw, plus AWB, Lindelof, Maguire, Malacia.

We all would’ve liked a couple more quality additions, but the way ETH is coaching, he’s not only brought in some quality players since the summer, but he is also getting massive improvements out of the existing players. I think you could genuinely say that the only player from that pool of 20 I mentioned who hasn’t really kicked on considerably, is McTominay. And even then, with the fixtures we have coming up, we are going to need him fit and playing to his best level.

I know we spent a lot of money in the summer, but the players we brought in have all become such important parts of this functioning team. So I have a lot of hope for Sabitzer as ETH identified him as someone he wanted as far back as the summer. Even Antony, who is the target of a lot of disappointment and abuse from online fans, has been an important part of this team building. He hasn’t sparkled but he helps us control games so much. You notice a difference when he goes off, and not just because you miss his phenomenal work rate. The best part about Sancho returning is that we have another option for that RW role, and we won’t have to run Antony into the ground every week. Whether that’s putting Sancho as a RW or moving Bruno out wide and playing Sancho as a 10, doesn’t really matter. It just gives us high quality options.

Last edited:

Bondi77

He was probably a bit worried about how the fans would react- after all, he's been absent for a long time. It must have been such a relief to him to hear the loud cheers of the OT crowd.

He's always struck me as a good lad (unlike a lot of the young English stars) so it's great to see the reception he's gotten.
Any other nationalities you are not keen on :nono:

Jeppers7

Pogfamily Mafia
Great to see him back, great player to watch when he’s on it. I have a feeling ETH rates him very highly and likes him personally

Threesus

Looked just like he was before the sabbatical… slow and not doing anything of note. He looked pretty quick in Germany. Maybe the opposition is just a lot more faster here?

He is not exactly a player that will get you off your seat, which is what I thought he would be. One thing is for sure, he definitely can’t be a winger if you want to win the premier league.

kaku06

Looked just like he was before the sabbatical… slow and not doing anything of note. He looked pretty quick in Germany. Maybe the opposition is just a lot more faster here?

He is not exactly a player that will get you off your seat, which is what I thought he would be. One thing is for sure, he definitely can’t be a winger if you want to win the premier league.
:rolleyes: First game for the kid after 3 months and all it took was just 20+ minutes for you.

Status
Not open for further replies.