Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

MikeKing

Supports
Bournemouth
Sancho should really be played on the left instead of Rashford. Imagine what a partnership with Malacia can do for that left side. Both hard working, both unpredictable to deal with for defenders. Sancho is really good at one vs ones opening up tight spaces but he needs movement around him or else everything is very predictable. The main issue with Shaw and Rashford is their predictability because they stop moving around, they can't hold their own on that side. Sancho can, but we do need other people that has movement around him.

Bebestation

Im a doctor btw, my IQ destroys yours
Sancho as a LW has such a weird dribble which makes him an even slower player than when he is on the right.

Longshanks

Thought he was ok yesterday, but a bit like when he first came last season seem to be playing a bit to safe. Maybe there was a few too many nerves flying around yesterday because he wasn't the only that seemed a bit risk averese yesterday.

Ash_G

I don't really have an issue with Sancho. Yes you'd like more from such an expensive player but at least with him I feel like he's making smart decisions, retains the ball and feel like he's adding to the team overall. I think there is more to come from him whether or not he lives up to the price tag. In particular I think he and Eriksen can link up well.

I think the bigger issue is that he and Rashford aren't a good combo. Sancho is a more passive attacker in that his game is around passing/movement rather than really running at people and so I think to ofset that in our team you need someone who is effective in a more direct and aggressive style. Rash is more aggressive but he's just not been at the right level for a long time and so between them I think it's a problem. If they both really find their form then it can work but it feels unlikely that they'll both step up.

Red-17

Don’t really see why people are taking such issue with him of all players yesterday. He hardly received the ball the first half of the game for starters. Not like he was good or anything, but we had far worse performers than him yesterday. He at least looked a threat even if his final ball didn’t come off at all yesterday.

Stacks

He's not in bundesliga now though is he. I'm not really interested in what he did there. He's been shown up on a weekly basis by any Premier league fullbacks.

Fact is he's currently only got 5 assists and 4 goals for us in all competitions which is a diabolical return.
Reminds me of Memphis. Has good qualities but lacks that devastating aggression, dribbling or runs in behind or outside. Everything is in front of the defence at a snails pace.
He was class yesterday. Him, Ronaldo & Eriksen were bright spots yesterday.

You guys are all on drugs if you can't see how he's several levels above any other wide player we have.
With all due respect Greenwood is better than Sancho although I should not mention his name. Debut season Martial had a far higher impact so can argue Martial at his best is better than Jadon's showings.

Redfan94

I think he’s a player that struggles to operate against teams when they’re sitting deep trying to defend a lead. Unfortunately, far too many times last season, and obviously yesterday, Brighton having scored two first half goals meant that they were always going to get bodies behind the ball and soak up pressure.

Make what you will of preseason and how accurate those games are for assessing a players level, but I don’t thinks it a coincidence that we saw him showing the qualities that attracted us to him in the first place, in games where United were getting the first goal and teams were having to attack us, allowing Sancho to operate o he counter and play at a higher tempo.

Stacks

Don’t really see why people are taking such issue with him of all players yesterday. He hardly received the ball the first half of the game for starters. Not like he was good or anything, but we had far worse performers than him yesterday. He at least looked a threat even if his final ball didn’t come off at all yesterday.
Because,
a) he was a muppet signing and these signings are highly emotional rollarcoasters and fans convince themselves will transform the team
b) with the emergence of Greenwood and acquisition of Ronaldo he became less crucial and just a luxury
c) with the two above set to be finished at United attention has turned to the other "marquee" players who now carry greater importance in the eyes of los muppetos

Red00012

The problem we don’t have a decent RW and Sancho best position is LW . I’d be throwing Rashford out right he can be turd out there, at least our best winger is in his best position

KeanoMagicHat

Is he? He got a lot of assists, but were they from crosses?
Depends on your definition of a cross. Plenty of good long passes from wide positions. Maybe not Beckham whipped, but I'd still call a lot of them crosses.

He's not in bundesliga now though is he. I'm not really interested in what he did there. He's been shown up on a weekly basis by any Premier league fullbacks.

Fact is he's currently only got 5 assists and 4 goals for us in all competitions which is a diabolical return.
Well last season, nobody did well statistically except for maybe Ronaldo. I'm willing to give him a chance. If he has fewer than 7-8 goals and assists by the World Cup this season again then we have a big problem.

Last edited:

Stacks

Depends on your definition of a cross. Plenty of good long passes from wide positions. Maybe not Beckham whipped, but I'd still call a lot of them crosses.

Well last season, nobody did well statistically except for maybe Ronaldo. I'm willing to give him a chance. If he has fewer than 7-8 goals and assists by the World Cup this season again then we have a big problem.
I agree. As much as I have concerns I need to give him a chance. I have a little bias as my cousin knows his sister. The England staff won't care about him requiring specific systems and teammates to perform as you don't get that in international squads so his world Cup spot is in jeopardy

acnumber9

I like him, he has ability, he’s on of the few I enjoy watching. But he’s too soft and won’t get better until he toughens up.

Carl

has permanently erect nipples
Most gutless player I've ever seen.

Chief123

I’ve always been a fan of his but I’m beginning to doubt whether he actually has it for the premier league.

He clearly isn’t confident in taking a man on around the outside. I’m just not sure he believes he can do it in this league himself.

Skills

Snitch
I like him, he has ability, he’s on of the few I enjoy watching. But he’s too soft and won’t get better until he toughens up.
I don't think he does. He doesn't have any tools that would make a defender worry

Slevs

likes to play with penises
Another stinker on top of the many pointless performances he's had here. But we don't talk about him cause he's cool and everything, oh and he cost a shit ton of money.

VorZakone

What would Kenny G do?
Sometimes I forget he exists, that's how forgettable his performances are.

However, I do think he can turn it around, he is far too talented not to.

Skills

Snitch
I’ve always been a fan of his but I’m beginning to doubt whether he actually has it for the premier league.

He clearly isn’t confident in taking a man on around the outside. I’m just not sure he believes he can do it in this league himself.
Because he can't. He can't beat a man.

AjaxCunian

vexingwijsneus
Supports
Ajax & United
Getting very worrying, he was awful. Doesnt seem cut for modern intense football at all.

OmarUnited4ever

ok. until further notice, I'm convinced he is just a shit and nothing overpaid and overhyped player.

BarstoolProphet

Got the talent to play for United but sure as hell doesn't look like he has the mentality to stand up for his teammates when we are struggling.

kouroux

45k posts to finally achieve this tagline
I have given up on him. If he can find some form, I'll gladly admit his mistake and that goes for any player tbh. I just can't shake the feeling he's simply average and not suited for our needs

Habs

Nothing player. People got hyped from Dortmund highlights and seeing him play on the break. Every time I watched England play he’s been awful.

Feel sorry for him, he’s not got it and nothings going to change that

BalanceUnAutreJoint

I'm sure he can be a good player in the right system with the right teammates and blablabla
But he's not the individual difference maker that he was hyped up to be
He doesn't have that Ousmane Dembelesque ability to create danger out of thin air even in his bad days.

Simply not a generational talent although we shouldn't forget how productive he was at Dortmund which shows that in the right setting he'd probably drop a 15+ goal/assist in a PL season on a consistent basis

Frank White

Can't wait for the usual doesn't have the system in place, defender to overlap, intelligent players surrounding him etc but holy shit he just offers nothing. 0 defensive help and nearly the same going forward, probably the easiest winger to play against in the league atm. Utter shit.

Chief123

Because he can't. He can't beat a man.
It’s never been his game which is why I’m not sure he’s useful on the right. Unfortunately he’s a player who only wants to play on the left and play one twos. He just isn’t explosive enough to go around the outside and burn a defender.

Roboc7

Huge flop, never going to make it on Premier League on the right. Looks like another player that will end up back in the Bundesliga.

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
Defended him all summer and last season. Will give him more time. But feck me does this guy need to show some desire to do something. Half ass jogging out there and doing a little ball roll to a back pass. Goes hiding, and doesn't try anything. That's not the Jadon Sancho from Dortmund, but the question is if he'll ever stand up to the pressure here or if he'll stay in a shell and be a nothing player.

Skills

Snitch
It’s never been his game which is why I’m not sure he’s useful on the right. Unfortunately he’s a player who only wants to play on the left and play one twos. He just isn’t explosive enough to go around the outside and burn a defender.
But what does he do when he actually does get the ball? Does he have a lethal shot? Does he have insane vision like an Ozil?

I don't see how you can play in a forward line for a top 4 club and not have any attacking weapons.

edgecutter

I'll say it for the millionth time, we need to stop buying dortmund players.

Status
Not open for further replies.