Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

Borys

Statistics Wizard
Silky smooth goal, overall a decent game. I would like him to be a bit more involved.

I like that we're trying him through the middle. That sounds like a sensible experiment considering his strengths.

zenith

I really like him as a footballer. The more he plays in a system that includes eriksen, bruno, martial, antony and malacia, the more he'll integrate into the game play.

He's evolving everyday into the managers method of working and I enjoy the easy he uses blank spaces on the pitch to score goals and provide assists

Volumiza

The alright "V", B-Boy cypher cat
People expecting a pacey, tricky winger must’ve been watching a different Sancho over the years. For me, he is doing exactly what he’s good at, and is starting to look really comfortable in this team and league. He’s a superb team player, with good movement, excellent in tight spaces, cool under pressure. I like him a lot.
Exactly, totally agree. He’s becoming a really good part of a more intricate team. Seems if he’s not leaving people in a cloud of dust he’s not worth it.

Same thing’s going on in the Antony thread.

AdNani

how is Grealish in the England squad ahead of him :lol:

don't get me wrong it's good for us, but a laughable call from Southgate who supposedly only picks players who're playing

Silas

Didn’t catch the game, but have been thinking it’d be interesting to see him as a #10 at some point. Wonder if he has the passing range for it though.

dubplate warrior

He will look so much better with a striker who can link up play and run behind. Martial and him will be fantastic.

RuudTom83

All he has to do is keep doing what he is doing...keep s that up for the entire season and it will be a very good season.

Not worried about him at all.

NewYorkRed

Didn’t catch the game, but have been thinking it’d be interesting to see him as a #10 at some point. Wonder if he has the passing range for it though.
Your last sentence is exactly why he would never work as a 10. Doesn’t have the vision or range for the role. He’s a terrific link up player best suited on the wing playing close to the striker and number 10.

NoPace

Gets dragged off every game between 60 to 70 minutes.
Not worried about that at all. Not uncommon among wingers who are out there for their technique and not physical attributes, and we seem to be getting close to 20-30 minutes of Garnacho as Ten Hag is getting him the most cameos amongst the youngsters.

Rolaholic

I mean being real, Bowen is the real what the feck pick. Or that amount of defenders.
He's outscored Bowen, Mount and Grealish combined yet Lord Waistcoat used to claim he picked players based on form :lol: :rolleyes:

The fact he picked 6 FB's and 6 CB's is another story entirely :houllier:

We hear a lot of flack regarding Martinez wasting Belgiums golden generation yet not much fuss when it comes to Southgate and his uber negative football while enjoying the best crop of attacking talent the country might have ever produced at his disposal.

Luka Mora

Saw his goal, which was a brilliant take, didn't see his overall performance as missed the game, but if he scores goals like that consistently or gets in those positions consistently when it matters then he will have turned things around, in my eyes at the very least, not that it matters what I think. Saying that It's one thing turning up and scoring goals against Sherriff, but it's when the chips are down in the premiership, I want to see him step up and be the difference maker.

Another positive is that he seems to be a nice down to earth decent human being after seeing his response to his fans requesting autographs, and little kids asking to wear shin pads which is a very nice and doesn't give off the vibes that its careful crafted media persona or publicity stunt either. And it's good he's taken missing out on the england squad with grace and concedes he needs to improve.

dal

He needs to improve his fitness and still needs to be even more involved not on the periphery but promising signs and this will only help him.

The Red Thinker

People expecting a pacey, tricky winger must’ve been watching a different Sancho over the years. For me, he is doing exactly what he’s good at, and is starting to look really comfortable in this team and league. He’s a superb team player, with good movement, excellent in tight spaces, cool under pressure. I like him a lot.
Exactly. Sancho was NEVER an Antony type of player. He's the quintessential system player. High on intelligence and technique in tight spaces. He's perfect for Ten Hag. Southgate would never know how to play the likes of him.

elmo

Can never have too many Eevees
He's outscored Bowen, Mount and Grealish combined yet Lord Waistcoat used to claim he picked players based on form :lol: :rolleyes:

The fact he picked 6 FB's and 6 CB's is another story entirely :houllier:

We hear a lot of flack regarding Martinez wasting Belgiums golden generation yet not much fuss when it comes to Southgate and his uber negative football while enjoying the best crop of attacking talent the country might have ever produced at his disposal.
Because Southgate has been lucky with the draws in major tournaments and England has performed beyond expectations. The actual football itself and his coaching is rubbish.

bimalos

Jadon Sancho is improving his game under Erik ten Hag. Hope this is just beginning..

Monks_United

He is a systems player and you can see that he really shines when we are able to play intricately with good 1-2s and passing moves. As most folks here have stated, he isnt a classic winger but I think that might work well as we start adapting to Ten Hag ball. Also, the fewer United players that get called up for these stupid friendlies, the better ! Just need someone to call up the French and Argentina national team and tell them that Varane and Martinez are shite and dont deserve a place in the squad for the upcoming games.

simonhch

Horrible boss
Supports
Urban Combat Preparedness
Exactly. Sancho was NEVER an Antony type of player. He's the quintessential system player. High on intelligence and technique in tight spaces. He's perfect for Ten Hag. Southgate would never know how to play the likes of him.
Exactly right. He’s too subtle in his craft to be appreciated by many, including the England manager. I think there’s a lot more to come from Sancho too. I think he’ll really shine as the system gets more refined.

Glorio

Interesting that ETH praised him specifically and mentioned that he's getting fitter and fitter.

I think Jadon has so much has potential, he had good pre-season. First he invested a lot and is on his way to getting really fit. It is a process, he scores goal and is in the moment in the season where he is more secure. We can play over that left side with Tyrell [Malacia] and [Christian] Eriksen in that triangle, [and] how they moved together, I think they really were a threat for the opponent
Also interesting that mentioned that he tried him through the middle at the end (must definitely be feeling the lack of options in that area) as he started to experiment during our stranglehold on the game:

We had one good example in Southampton [of Sancho] preparing the goal for Bruno and he was also in the centre-forward position. We did some experiments on the night as we also brought Tyrell on the right and Luke [Shaw] on the left, and I think these were good moves and we are able to do this in the season.

MDFC Manager

Interesting that ETH praised him specifically and mentioned that he's getting fitter and fitter.

Also interesting that mentioned that he tried him through the middle at the end (must definitely be feeling the lack of options in that area) as he started to experiment during our stranglehold on the game:
Yes a manager who knows what he's doing, rates him high. Take note Southgate..

In Rainbows

He is a systems player and you can see that he really shines when we are able to play intricately with good 1-2s and passing moves. As most folks here have stated, he isnt a classic winger but I think that might work well as we start adapting to Ten Hag ball. Also, the fewer United players that get called up for these stupid friendlies, the better ! Just need someone to call up the French and Argentina national team and tell them that Varane and Martinez are shite and dont deserve a place in the squad for the upcoming games.
I think part of it is that he used to be a super dribbler at youth level, and that dribbling rate almost carried over to men's football in the Bundesliga. Averaging 2.5-3.5 dribbles per game as a teenager was impressive. So much so that it overshadowed his actual underlying strength (his intelligence in the final 3rd, and his ability to link up in tight spaces).

AltiUn

likes playing with swords after fantasies
Took his goal tremendously well. It was a very well worked goal all round.

Status
Not open for further replies.