Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

Bebestation

Im a doctor btw, my IQ destroys yours
I really want to see him tried there instead of Rashford. His link up play in tight spaces is so much better and Rashford's really good at making those runs off of the left.
This is my football manager tactics.

Sancho as a false 9 with Rashford on LW and Anthony on the RW.

OpenIntrovert

I really want to see him tried there instead of Rashford. His link up play in tight spaces is so much better and Rashford's really good at making those runs off of the left.
Yes the chances of Sancho working well as a false nine are quite high. I only see 1 problem is that a false nine like Sancho won't work very well against a compact midfield and defence which will deny him space. A CF or a out and out striker is still the best option against such tactics since a CF can stay on the last line of defence to receive final balls from the midfield or the wings.

Stacks

What do you think Rashford tries? He's not exactly Bruno in his hollywood passing rate, which is a good thing, but he's also like Bruno in the sense that he has a lot of miscontrol. I'm not sure how you can criticize Sancho for his general play, while at the same time praise Rashford for the same thing.

Thus far
Sancho: End product, generally good with the ball, but is super safe to the point where he can be anonymous. Contrast with the Sociedad match where his cameo was filled with poor touches/passes.
Rashford: End product, but is generally not great in possession and can be anonymous (for ex. Southampton).
never praised Rashford general play. actually sancho miscontrolled at a rate of 2.2 per match compared to rashford 2 per match.

Rashford actually has assists and more frequent key passes although lower pass percentages.

Your summary is about right. Think they should all rotate over the course of the season (Rashford/Sancho/Antony) but by no means can I see the other 2 outright replacing Rashford. Good to have different options/styles e.g. for counter attack football etc.

little.triangles

I don't know, maybe Southgate could have used a player last night who can play quick one-twos with a no.9 to unlock an Italian defense, instead of low-socks Grealish who likes to dwell on the ball knowing the cameras are on him.

Bebestation

Has too many quiet performances for United even when he scores.

AdNani

Yes the chances of Sancho working well as a false nine are quite high. I only see 1 problem is that a false nine like Sancho won't work very well against a compact midfield and defence which will deny him space. A CF or a out and out striker is still the best option against such tactics since a CF can stay on the last line of defence to receive final balls from the midfield or the wings.
funny how the same thing can give totally different opinions, I think Sanchos close control and ability in tight spaces would work well against compact and tight defences :lol:

AdNani

If Rashford and Martial are out, do you think we might see him as a False 9? obviously a big game to try it from the start. Id rather see him tried there than watch Ronaldo lose the ball at every opportunity.

Mctominay
Eriksen Bruno
Antony Sancho Elanga​

Rozay

Master of Hindsight
He scores today.
Think he might too.

I’ve been very close for a while to making a ‘Jadon Sancho’s record against the ‘Big Six’ thread to go with the one for Rashford and the one for Vardy in the FF. Small sample size but he’s already scored at the Etihad, Stamford Bridge and home to Liverpool for us. Important goals too.

Man City 6:3 Man Utd

Amar__

Geriatric lover and empath
Supports
MK Dons
Pointless player who is decent in the box. Shite defensively too.

He will really need to improve a lot if we want to compete with good teams.

iammemphis

iwillnotaskforanamechangeagain
He wasn't the only one but again another dismal performance. Might aswell have not played, no one would have noticed.

The United

This guy pretty much destroyed almost all of our chances going forwards along with Rashford.

Can't pass, control or hold the ball. And it is like that for almost every game.

Last edited:
Absolutely abysmal.

Besides the odd side-footed finish he's been one of the most underwhelming signings I can remember and for us that's really saying something.

Bebestation

I kind of always knew that when Pep let go of Sancho that he really didn’t care and was speaking highly of Sancho just to be polite.

A very average player on 350k a week.

RORY65

Everyone was dreadful but it's just another game where he had no impact. He's never going to frighten teams with his pace so when he gets the ball there has to be quality and there was none today, I'm not sure how he's ever going to be a player who isn't just on the periphery of things for us.

Bobski

I think the biggest issue, beyond lack of pace and penetration, is he lacks heart and fight. No aggression or urgency in his game, good player when everything is going well but almost guaranteed to vanish when its gets tough. Luxury player.

pascell

Defended him each time he's had pelters on here prior to this game, there's no defending that performance today.

Probably put in a stormer Thursday night then hide again vs Everton.

Andersonson

The worst is how he fakes his defensive runs. Terrible, yet again. People moaning over Grealish in the England setup and not Sancho needs to shut it

kouroux

45k posts to finally achieve this tagline
There have been enough games to finally conclude he is just shit for me. A lot of money flushed down the drain. I don't care if he isn't fast but the lack of intensity and interest in any physical duel is abysmal

Bastian

Supports
Mejbri
Maybe he should be coming off the bench rather than play the 60 minutes he normally does. He needs a spark.

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
Horrible today from him. Got bullied. So did everyone else, but he needs to step up.

Betson

Unfair to signal him out on a day like today , he was far from the only one who was very poor.

But worryingly game in game out he offers very little bar the odd moment here and there.

He is here long enough now to be settled in and making an impression , but he just has little to no impact in far too many games.

So far like so many others it has not been a successful signing.

criticalanalysis

The most worrying thing is that he's had close to a month off with no internationals. Why isn't he more fired up.

Antony on the other wing epitomises that when the team is playing bad, you can still influence the game by sheer will and ball ability.

justboy68

I think I've seen enough of him in a United shirt now to decide he's really pretty average. Substandard athleticism, good close control and technique in tight areas and average passing/crossing. Fair assessment? Overall a bit of a disappointment to be sure.

RuudtheRed

When he's bad, he's really bad. The problem is he has no outstanding physical attributes or a killer final ball either, even if he beats a man he's unable to really get into space to make something happen. Elanga or Pellestri even might have shown more heart than he did today.

Status
Not open for further replies.