Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

Glorio

Why do it then?
It is mind numbing to think these things only exist to say sweet nothing's about someone.
Human nature from the playground to the grave will tell anyone that.
Yup ... That's why it's great that he's abstaining

TwoSheds

More sheds (and tiles) than you, probably
You have just proven you are the clown.
Anything I post about him is down to how he performs on the pitch and if that offends him he is probably weak in the mind and does not have what it takes to play at the highest level.
Iniesta suffered badly from depression, Carrick did for a long period, Rooney used to have to drink himself into a stupour to cope with the limelight. Doubtless there are many more examples of players with mentalities fit for the highest level who had mental health issues they needed time to deal with. The club should and will support Sancho if that's what's happening here.

phelans shorts

There’s a big difference between deleting or deactivating your social media & just deleting all your pictures and turning your profile picture black.

One is a genuine way of getting away from it for a bit; and the other is an attention seeking move that draws attention and doesn’t actually get you off it. Not really a surprise which route Jadon went.
This post is so brain dead. It’s not like he’s Baz from two streets over wanting folk to ask “u ok hun”, he’s a professional athlete for who image is an important part of his job, so keeping control of usernames matters. He can very easily keep control of the account by just giving somebody he trusts the access to change the password until he’s in a better place.
I don't think the effect the euro 2020 final had on him mentally. Coupled with a weies first season at United I wouldn't be surprised if he is struggling mentally. Still have high hopes for him though.
Same, he’s clearly still very talented but lacks clarity sometimes, and I don’t think it’s unfair to trace a lot of that back to the penalty and abuse on the back of it. The personal attacks he received can have a major effect on anyone, never mind at his age. Hopefully he can find his feet again soon and start to feel that confidence flow

Zoo

Someone on Reddit mentioned death in the family. Wish him well.

AdNani

Bizarre....given that he plays professional football which involves playing in front of at least 30,000 fans at least once a week.
aw well, let's all go and abuse a human because he should be used to it. People are weird.

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off
That's a strange move, why does he need to shut down social media in order to focus on family? Is it either a case of lacking self discipline, or just a matter of getting too distracted by public comments from social media? But either way I guess its good on him, hope he start finding his form soon.

By the way, Garnancho > Sancho
This stale bot behavior again. Its as if it's customary in the Garnacho and Sancho threads to big up the former by taking jibes at the latter.

UNITED ACADEMY

Supports
Erik ten Hag
Sancho has dribbling style that doesn’t suit to be a winger, more like wide midfielder or wide playmaker but there is another issue is that he also doesn’t suit to be wide playmaker because he doesn’t have the same level of passing range as playmaker, he doesn’t have the off ball awareness of playmaker, and Sancho is often giving the ball away cheaply. He’s still young, may be he can fix his passing ability and concentration to improve his passings, as well as being coached in his awareness. I’m just trying to be optimistic.

dinostar77

Sancho has dribbling style that doesn’t suit to be a winger, more like wide midfielder or wide playmaker but there is another issue is that he also doesn’t suit to be wide playmaker because he doesn’t have the same level of passing range as playmaker, he doesn’t have the off ball awareness of playmaker, and Sancho is often giving the ball away cheaply. He’s still young, may be he can fix his passing ability and concentration to improve his passings, as well as being coached in his awareness. I’m just trying to be optimistic.
He needs the right sort of players around him. He'd shine at city where he'd have cancelo providing overlaps and bursting runs into the box. Also he needs midfielders willing to break the line and get into the box so he can find them and play the intricate 1-2s he likes to use.

Just the wrong fit for us at present. Have to lay blame at the club senior decision makers. Look at garnacho, a direct pacey winger and the impact hes having already. Garnacho is what we need one of the wings. But we've splashed over £180mil on two wingers, one whos more a wide playmaker (sancho) and another who likes to cut inside and only use one foot (antony).

UNITED ACADEMY

Supports
Erik ten Hag
He needs the right sort of players around him. He'd shine at city where he'd have cancelo providing overlaps and bursting runs into the box. Also he needs midfielders willing to break the line and get into the box so he can find them and play the intricate 1-2s he likes to use.

Just the wrong fit for us at present. Have to lay blame at the club senior decision makers. Look at garnacho, a direct pacey winger and the impact hes having already. Garnacho is what we need one of the wings. But we've splashed over £180mil on two wingers, one whos more a wide playmaker (sancho) and another who likes to cut inside and only use one foot (antony).
To be fair, man city full backs dont really overlap, they are tuck inside in midfield more. Their wingers tend to stay wide by proving cross or dribble beating full backs.

dinostar77

To be fair, man city full backs dont really overlap, they are tuck inside in midfield more. Their wingers tend to stay wide by proving cross or dribble beating full backs.
Fair shout, badly worded by me. What i should have said was he needs players to make runs infront of him into the box, so he can play his 1-2s etc as the Athletic tactical anaylsis pointed out.

RedRonaldo

Wishes to be oppressed.
This stale bot behavior again. Its as if it's customary in the Garnacho and Sancho threads to big up the former by taking jibes at the latter.
Since they are both young and are in direct competition for the same position here, they will always be compared anyway.

RuudTom83

It surprises me that he runs his own social media…the constant abuse a top premier league player must get on social media.

His phone notifications wouldn’t stop 24/7 with all the internet warriors calling him shite.

Turn it off! and leave it off! Jadon.

Tom Van Persie

No relation
People will criticise anything. Some of our supposed fans are awful.
They love to kick a player when he's down.

Clearly he's been dealing with some family issues and could really do with support right now. He's a talented player and we shouldn't give up on him so easily.

saivet

It surprises me that he runs his own social media…the constant abuse a top premier league player must get on social media.

His phone notifications wouldn’t stop 24/7 with all the internet warriors calling him shite.

Turn it off! and leave it off! Jadon.
I think you'd be surprised at the amount that do use accounts themselves. They still want to interact with mates and have a bit of fun on there themselves.

It's can be quite easy to tell who uses a social media team and who doesn't or quite often there is a bit of a mix.

Zlaatan

Parody Account
Bizarre....given that he plays professional football which involves playing in front of at least 30,000 fans at least once a week.
The fact that you can't see the difference is the only bizarre thing here.

Stobzilla

Official Team Perv
We still have a massively long way to go in understanding mental health issues.

Reading this thread since the bump and I can't believe some of what I am reading in 2022.

Last edited:

Grande

I think you'd be surprised at the amount that do use accounts themselves. They still want to interact with mates and have a bit of fun on there themselves.

It's can be quite easy to tell who uses a social media team and who doesn't or quite often there is a bit of a mix.
I can’t help thinking that it’s shooting yourself in the foot doing twitter accounts yourself if you’re a footballer. At least it is obvious that it might be hugely detrimental to your focus and confidence in a marginal sport. It might work for some, sure, but just assuming it’s problem free would be idiotic.

Grande

Can't someone train hard and still be on social media??
What a crock!
What do you call someone who calls someone he doesn’t know ‘a crock’ for thinking social media handling can affect performance? If it’s ok to lable someone based on that, would ‘idiot’ suffice? Perhaps hyperbole would be required to? ‘Braindead a..ehole’ would perhaps be a descriptive hyperbole for someone who labeled another as damaged because he showed signs of normal human functioning? But if one were to call such a person ‘braindead a..ehole’, might someone then say that this would be inacceptable, that two wrongs don’t make a right or similar, or that one should be more lighthearted about the original name calling? Yet, the same person might also say, the light heartedness should be applied to both statements, or if the first speaker found displeasure in being labled a ‘braindead a..ehole’, he should first find displeasure in himself for labeling another a ‘crock’ without sufficient knowledge. How to procede from such a situation?

Bondi77

What do you call someone who calls someone he doesn’t know ‘a crock’ for thinking social media handling can affect performance? If it’s ok to lable someone based on that, would ‘idiot’ suffice? Perhaps hyperbole would be required to? ‘Braindead a..ehole’ would perhaps be a descriptive hyperbole for someone who labeled another as damaged because he showed signs of normal human functioning? But if one were to call such a person ‘braindead a..ehole’, might someone then say that this would be inacceptable, that two wrongs don’t make a right or similar, or that one should be more lighthearted about the original name calling? Yet, the same person might also say, the light heartedness should be applied to both statements, or if the first speaker found displeasure in being labled a ‘braindead a..ehole’, he should first find displeasure in himself for labeling another a ‘crock’ without sufficient knowledge. How to procede from such a situation?
I am not calling him a "crock"
It is a reference to my statement
as in: "what a crock òf shit"
It is an American term I think.

AFC NimbleThumb

How many more of our young players do we have to see bothered by the ridiculous behaviour of people on social media to realise this fanbase has a serious issue.
aw well, let's all go and abuse a human because he should be used to it. People are weird.
Sums it up perfectly. How any United fan could want to write off a 22 year old talent instead of supporting him is beyond me.

Someone

Something
Surprised some people are writing him off already. He's very talented and still young, certainly worth some patience.

MDFC Manager

Although it’s very admirable of Neymar to give praise and I’m sure it’s appreciated by Sancho, the comments he made are virtually identical to what he said back in 2020 when he called Sancho a special player and he loved watching him play.

He’s obviously got an assessment of him which is heavily biased towards the days when Sancho was ripping it up in the Bundesliga. I doubt he has been following him closely during his time at Utd. It would be hard for Neymar to analyse it in detail as Sancho really hasn’t been involved in much when it comes to highlights and key moments. He wasn’t even aware Sancho wasn’t in the England squad when making the comments.

It’s similar to a player saying Dele Alli is an incredible player. I’m not saying Neymar’s comments are valid, however they aren’t a true critical analysis either. I do vaguely remember Sancho being complimentary of Neymar too when he was at Dortmund.

I like all of us wants Sancho to come good. I still have hope. He’s just not giving us signs of hope at the moment but I’m also convinced ETH will be able to get more out of him than he is currently performing.

If anything, the possible news of mental issues and not being in the right frame of mind is a positive one as it gives some rationale towards his poor performances. If he was fully fit and in a good mental state it would be more worrying that even in peak physical condition he’s still performing poor.

I hope the break does him good and comes back fresh and focused. I’m sure these next few weeks will be valuable time spent with ETH and the coaches.
Casemiro called him the most skillful player in the squad, in an interview just a couple of weeks ago.

Chief123

Casemiro called him the most skillful player in the squad, in an interview just a couple of weeks ago.
That’s not really a surprise to be honest. I would have said he was as well along with Antony. But the most skilful players aren’t always successful signings.

Grande

I am not calling him a "crock"
It is a reference to my statement
as in: "what a crock òf shit"
It is an American term I think.
This was your statement: ‘Can't someone train hard and still be on social media??
What a crock!’

So, you are calling him ‘a crock’.

So, you are saying you didn’t mean that, and that you rather meant that the previous posters statement - that a 23 year old can be affected by the SoMe United players get - that that is a crock of shit? Well, if that is your understanding, it really is a crock of shit.

Bondi77

This was your statement: ‘Can't someone train hard and still be on social media??
What a crock!’

So, you are calling him ‘a crock’.

So, you are saying you didn’t mean that, and that you rather meant that the previous posters statement - that a 23 year old can be affected by the SoMe United players get - that that is a crock of shit? Well, if that is your understanding, it really is a crock of shit.
If you interpret it that way then that is your problem....have a nice day.

Bondi77

No doubt that he is and he would be my first picks along with Antony and Amad if I was picking a five a side or a futsal team as they are really skill based but Premier League is a different beast entirely.

Brophs

The One and Only
In line with the above, from what little I’ve heard, it’s well known among the media that Sancho is having personal issues, which is why it hasn’t really been pushed in press conferences etc. and there wasn’t huge play made of him not going to the WC. I think there’s a broadsheet journo who is a childhood friend of someone in his circle, so it’s been put about gently to get ahead of it.

TwoSheds

More sheds (and tiles) than you, probably
Sancho doesn't have a trick. He can't beat people for skill. That's his problem.
I feel like you don't know anything about him as a player or where he developed. He doesn't use his skill to beat a man anywhere near enough for United but that should be his biggest strength. He grew up playing street ball in Kennington, it's actually what should be his X factor. His problems are mental and perhaps slightly with the physical aspects, he is in no way deficient in skill.

Marwood

I'm not sure what being humble or lovely has to do with it. Great that he is but its nothing to do with his problems on the pitch and certainly no guarantee he'll come good.

If anything on the pitch, I'd like him to be less lovely. Less humble. Let's see some attitude, some aggression.

Bojan Djordjic

We still have a massively long way to go in understanding mental health issues.

Reading this thread since the bump and I can't believe some of what I am reading in 2022.
Well said. Some of our fans are disgusting. Possibly our most talented and intelligent player on the ball and people would rather drive him into the ground when he's having a tough time than support him in the hopes he can reach his previous peaks.

Apokalips

I'm not sure what being humble or lovely has to do with it. Great that he is but its nothing to do with his problems on the pitch and certainly no guarantee he'll come good.

If anything on the pitch, I'd like him to be less lovely. Less humble. Let's see some attitude, some aggression.
I think he's trying to say Jadon has been having issues mentally that have affected his ability to perform at the level he is capable of and that the rumours of bad attitude are wide of the mark.

Marwood

I think he's trying to say Jadon has been having issues mentally that have affected his ability to perform at the level he is capable of and that the rumours of bad attitude are wide of the mark.
Yeah maybe.

He does seem a nice guy, I don’t think a bad attitude is the problem. But has he got the right attitude?

I'd rather go for a pint with Sancho than Ronaldo but in terms of playing football, I know which attitude I want to see.

Attila

Supports
Trad Bricks
Yeah maybe.

He does seem a nice guy, I don’t think a bad attitude is the problem. But has he got the right attitude?

I'd rather go for a pint with Sancho than Ronaldo but in terms of playing football, I know which attitude I want to see.
Ronaldo would be a pint of water

Status
Not open for further replies.