Jadon Sancho | First player in Bundesliga history to score 25 goals before his 20th birthday

DWelbz19

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
And... Why is it your concern?
:lol: Okay, mate. Just continue to complain about trivial things on a discussion forum and refuse to defend said complaints when called out on them.

Hullyback

Supports
Liverpool FC
:lol: Okay, mate. Just continue to complain about trivial things on a discussion forum and refuse to defend said complaints when called out on them.
Who complained? I said it's nice to see a player without one, that's not a complaint it's a statement. It's other people taking it as a complaint, and even racism. Quite laughable how SJW some people are on the internet :D

KM

I’m afraid I just blue myself
Very brave decision by him. Could've easily signed that 30k contract and be in his comfort zone at City, yet he decided to take the difficult route and signing in a new country. I suspect he backs himself to be in the WC squad. The fact that he's given number 7 by Dortmund indicates that they rate him extremely high.

horsechoker

The Caf's Roy Keane.
I think I'll take an interest an in Dortmund this season to see how he gets on if. Not sure if he will get a lot of game time but we'll see.

Also, do City have a buy back clause on him?

Gambit

Desperately wants to be a Muppet
We'll try but it'll probably be in vain, the whole reason why he left City in the first place is supposedly because he had problems/didn't like Manchester IIRC.
Any idea what it was about Manchester he hard issues with?

Maradona10

Woodward’s biggest fan
I think I'll take an interest an in Dortmund this season to see how he gets on if. Not sure if he will get a lot of game time but we'll see.

He effectively moved for a compensation fee, city have no control over his future now. He may as well sign for manchester united or maidestone united city have no say.

KM

No they've got a sell-on clause.

horsechoker

The Caf's Roy Keane.
He effectively moved for a compensation fee, city have no control over his future now. He may as well sign for manchester united or maidestone united city have no say.
In that case I can cheer on his progress and hopefully he won't go back to City or one of our rivals if he does turn into a star.

Castia

Even got the 7 shirt. They must have promised him first team minutes for him to turn a big deal at City down, Dortmund is a great club for young players he should learn a lot there.

Sayros

Supports
Paris Saint-Germain
I wonder what city's clause is on his potential sale by Dortmund. I heard they will get a big percentage off his next sale. He's definitely taking a page out of Dembele's book, down to the number and not showing up for training to force a move. I'll be interested to see how he develops, he's definitely a bright talent but that's just half the battle.

do.ob

Supports
Borussia Dortmund
Even got the 7 shirt. They must have promised him first team minutes for him to turn a big deal at City down, Dortmund is a great club for young players he should learn a lot there.
Very brave decision by him. Could've easily signed that 30k contract and be in his comfort zone at City, yet he decided to take the difficult route and signing in a new country. I suspect he backs himself to be in the WC squad. The fact that he's given number 7 by Dortmund indicates that they rate him extremely high.
That number means far far less in Germany than in England or at United in particular. I'd say the only shirt numbers that really "count" are #1 for GKs and #10 for playmakers. Giving someone like Sancho the #7 just says that they see him in the senior squad at some point.
I also don't think he'll play much in the first team anytime soon, if they expected him to do so they wouldn't have bought Yarmolenko, who increased their wide attacker count to five (Yarmolenko, Pulisic, Philipp, Schürrle and Reus should be back after the winter break).

UweBein

Creator of the Worst Analogy on the Internet.
Supports
Chelsea
That number means far far less in Germany than in England or at United in particular. I'd say the only shirt numbers that really "count" are #1 for GKs and #10 for playmakers. Giving someone like Sancho the #7 just says that they see him in the senior squad at some point.
I also don't think he'll play much in the first team anytime soon, if they expected him to do so they wouldn't have bought Yarmolenko, who increased their wide attacker count to five (Yarmolenko, Pulisic, Philipp, Schürrle and Reus should be back after the winter break).
Yep, there's a good chance that Sancho won't play a minute for the first team in his first season at Dortmund. He'll feature probably in Dortmund's second team.

Classical Mechanic

Yep, there's a good chance that Sancho won't play a minute for the first team in his first season at Dortmund. He'll feature probably in Dortmund's second team.
From what I have seen from him he is not ready for top level senior football. The idea of him playing for England in the WC seems ridiculous to me. He needs to go to the u17 World Cup next month. He isn't a mature player tactically, he is very 'raw'. That is why Sessegnon plays his position in a higher age group for England despite being younger.

FromTheBench

From what I have seen from him he is not ready for top level senior football. The idea of him playing for England in the WC seems ridiculous to me. He needs to go to the u17 World Cup next month. He isn't a mature player tactically, he is very 'raw'. That is why Sessegnon plays his position in a higher age group for England despite being younger.
It may sound outlandish at the moment but you never know how quickly players can grow at that age. He definitely has the talent so if he adapts quick he can definitely make some.waves quick.

Januzaj went from getting a bollocking from sir Alex for his u-18 performances to almost a mainstay in first team pretty quick.

Rashford's progression was even quicker. He never even dominated his age group like Sancho has done and from being just above average for the u-18s went to being first.team in no time.

Classical Mechanic

It may sound outlandish at the moment but you never know how quickly players can grow at that age. He definitely has the talent so if he adapts quick he can definitely make some.waves quick.

Januzaj went from getting a bollocking from sir Alex for his u-18 performances to almost a mainstay in first team pretty quick.

Rashford's progression was even quicker. He never even dominated his age group like Sancho has done and from being just above average for the u-18s went to being first.team in no time.
I agree that some players kick on remarkably in a short period of time but I wouldn't bet on it happening.

KM

How would they get any clause on him, he had no contract with them and was free to leave bar the compensation for an under 21 player.
But he didn't leave on a free. Dortmund paid 8m for him.

KM

Alright thanks.

Red_toad

But he didn't leave on a free. Dortmund paid 8m for him.
Yes he turned down his first professional contract, as his scholarship contract was about to expire. So he was free and the fee was the usual compensation thing for a player under 21.

Trequartistry

What the feck? :lol:
Yeah, but I'd imagine he'd go back to London for friends and family as well but I read somewhere City were unhappy how often he went back to London. He was literally there at every oppertunity he got.

TwoSheds

More sheds (and tiles) than you, probably

I think you're overstating it a bit with Rashford, he was learning a new position in playing up front for the U18s and he was still pretty bloody good. Of course, it was all about how he stepped up when he hit the first team but even so, a bit unfair to call him just above average.

Yes he turned down his first professional contract, as his scholarship contract was about to expire. So he was free and the fee was the usual compensation thing for a player under 21.
That's not how I understood it. His scholarship was over two years and would run out next summer. A compensation this summer would be only possible with City's blessing. If they blocked it, Sancho wouldn't be eligible for registration at another club. The reported fee was negotiated between the two clubs.