Jadon Sancho | Dortmund player now ;)

Discussion in 'Football Forum' started by Varun, Aug 31, 2017.

1. Feb 10, 2019

Dan-Utd New Member

Very impressive, young lad, goes abroad and puts in the performances that he's been putting in - well done that man! no moaning about being home sick etc just getting on and enjoying his football.

I remember reading that Pep said he wouldn't be taking him back to City but i wouldn't be surprised to see it happen,

Ademola Lookman had a loan spell in Germany and did really well though i'm not sure if we will see Sancho putting in these type of performances every week in the Premier League but the potential is certainly there.
  2. Feb 10, 2019

luke511 Full Member

Rightly so.
  3. Feb 10, 2019

NYAS Full Member

How do you see that working? Hazard and Vinicius as LW options, Bale and Rodrygo for RW? I don’t think Hazard or Vinícius would do well on the right.
  4. Feb 10, 2019

OutlawGER Full Member

Supports:
    Bayern München, 1. FC Köln
    Also Mkhi had only 1 good season for Dortmund too. The other seasons were underwhelming. He was a hard worker though, which fits well into Dortmunds system in general.
  5. Feb 10, 2019

The holy trinity 68 The disparager

Yeah he is definitely an Arsenal flop, he has been shite. Not cut out for the PL. Weak mentality just like Di Maria.

This.

He won Bundesliga player of the year. Voted for by people in football, thus it is a very credible award. It also means he was the best player in the league.
  6. Feb 10, 2019

Inigo New Member

Are you sure you don't mean the Armenian player of the year award?
  7. Feb 10, 2019

mu4c_20le Full Member

8. Feb 10, 2019

The holy trinity 68 The disparager

Sorry he won Bundesliga Midfielder of the year.

GK: Neuer
    Def: Hummels
    Mid: Mkhitaryan
    For: Lewandowski.

To be voted Mid of the year alongside players of their quality is a great achievement.
  9. Feb 10, 2019

Lennon7 nipple flasher and door destroyer

A front 3 of Tony - Rashford - Sancho would be fecking unreal even now, never mind in 5 years when they’re at their peaks. Throw the money bucket at him
  10. Feb 10, 2019

Inigo New Member

This is just a poll kicker does every 6 months to accompany their own half season player rankings. It's not an actual award. He's never won Fußballer des Jahres which is the most prestigious award in Germany and the equivalent to the FWA Football of the year. Neither did he ever win Spieler der Saison from the VDV, the equivalent to the PFA Player of the year.
  11. Feb 10, 2019

BridgeBanter New Member

I’ve literally spelt it out for you. I said I think Chelsea will be in for him but Chelsea in all likelyhood won’t be the team to give Dortmund the best offer. In other words, Chelsea may submit an offer north of 100m but a team like Madrid, or United for that matter, is more likely to outbid us.

So instead of arguing semantics and dodging the question, tell me.

How is the idea that chelsea will be in for him this summer nonsensical?
  12. Feb 10, 2019

yumtum DUX' bumchum

What utter tripe, he had a poor first season, then was really good for Dortmund, the only reason he left was because he was in the last year of his contract and Raiola started throwing chairs about.

Dortmund didn't want to lose Mkhitaryan.
  13. Feb 10, 2019

C'mon FC New Member

Supports:
    1. FC Köln
    Definitly disagree. Mane is an icon for a whole continent. Also Sancho is rather still a talent then a finished player. With Vinicius they already have a talent on his position. So if Hazard isn't going to Real I'd say they'd rather aim for Mane than Sancho.

Regarding long term planing in football. I once read that if a player has a 5 year contract you can plan with him 2/3 years.
  14. Feb 10, 2019

charlenefan Far less insightful than the other Charley

I've already answered that (right at the very start in fact before you started changing your tune), because you've already signed the player he replaced at Dortmund.
  15. Feb 10, 2019

BridgeBanter New Member

That doesn’t mean that Dortmund wouldn’t sell. Like almost any club they would sell if we put forth an offer they can’t refuse.

Most people would agree that makes sense so your main point about that notion being “nonsensical” is garbage.
  16. Feb 10, 2019

Oh feck me I never for one second said Dortmund wouldn't sell I said it was nonsensical that Chelsea would buy him (and as you're as thick as two short planks again the reason for which is that they've already signed Pulisic)

Now feck off I'm done going over and over the same thing with you
  17. Feb 10, 2019

Hugh Jass Full Member

It is going to take a lot of dough to tempt Dortmund. Hitting the 100 million mark i feel.
  18. Feb 10, 2019

BridgeBanter New Member

If Chelsea lose Hazard this summer we will need a replacement. If we payed a premium price Dortmund might be enticed to sell. So Chelsea buying him, while perhaps not the most likely scenario, is not nonsensical.

So next time choose your words before you starting talking nonsense.
  19. Feb 10, 2019

Only thing I'll be doing next time is when I see more shit posted by you is to ignore it
  20. Feb 10, 2019

Sayros Full Member

It'll take more than that. I'd say 120m should do it and I don't know if they'd settle for less than that.
  21. Feb 10, 2019

Rozay Master of Hindsight

We just have to go for him. He’s Hazard-lite, and we probably won’t get the opportunity to have another player like him for many years if we don’t get him. They don’t come onto the market often, then you have to consider that when they do, they are often ‘dreaming of Madrid’ or whatever.

Whatever the price, which will be well into 9 figures, it would be a wise investment I think. Similar to when we signed Rooney. Nobody has broken the world record for a teenager as often as us in recent times, he’s our kind of signing.

Ronaldo, Rooney and Martial were all the most expensive teenagers in the world when we bought them, and David De Gea was also the most expensive teenage goalkeeper (still is I believe).
  22. Feb 10, 2019

GledTheRed Full Member

We have to do all we can to get him, he looks absolutely pheonominal and will look a bargain if he realises his talent.
  23. Feb 10, 2019

VP89 Pogba's biggest fan

Hazard is a cert. for the left wing. Sancho would be their right wing option, no? Also whilst agreeing on Mane's appeal and talent - it's worth noting he 27 (likely 28 by the time we consider a feasible scenario of Real getting him). Sancho is 18. For long term planning it would make far more sense to get Sancho. For what it's worth Sancho looks to have greater potential to Mane too, although Mane is a very good player.
  24. Feb 10, 2019

VorZakone What would Kenny G do?

That would be like Rooney-Tevez-Ronaldo in terms of fluidity and dynamism. I'm not saying similar quality but it would definitely be very dynamic.
  25. Feb 10, 2019

Brightonian Full Member

All of the above. That last line shows what going big on a brilliant young talent can do for you, and as hard as these things are to predict Sancho has that aura of inevitable brilliance about him.
  26. Feb 11, 2019

quackattack Full Member

There is no guarantee for a bundesliga player to succeed in the PL just like there is no guarantee a player from La Liga or Serie A won't either.
    Don't forget there are quite a few "non flops"/succeses arriving from germany as well.
    Mertsesacker should be considered a strong, reliable signing. Sané was mentioned. Auba has gotten quite a few goals as of late and Gündogan and KDB is walking it with City. This is just to mention a few:)
  27. Feb 11, 2019

amolbhatia50k Sneaky bum time

I do fear Madrid and Bayern in particular will be in for him. Maybe even Roman will want to make a statement.
  28. Feb 11, 2019

luke511 Full Member

We need to get agent Ferdinand involved
  29. Feb 11, 2019

dbs235 Full Member

Insane player. It's rare a game week goes by without his thread being bumped. If he has a couple of quiet games against Spurs I'm guessing he'll suddenly be considered as overrated though and that he won't be able to cut it in the Premier League etc.
  30. Feb 11, 2019

MikeKing Full Member

Supports:
    Bournemouth
    Price changing from 160m to 56m in a game, then back up in the next. This is the world we are living in
  31. Feb 11, 2019

C'mon FC New Member

Supports:
    1. FC Köln
    It's a bit hard to argue about position especially Winger due they change from LW to RW within the games occasionally. Further a player like Robben started LW and eventually became a RW.

The point is why Real is more likely for going for Mane is first of all the rumour that they are already interested and 2nd more important that they prefer to get already finished stars than developing talents. As mentioned above with Vinicius they already have a talent on this position.

Last but not least 28 is the best age in football; experienced but physically still on top for the next 5+ years.

Currently I don't see Sancho signing into the spanish capital. In a couple years and depending on his development definitly though.
  32. Feb 11, 2019

Adam-Utd Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid

Forget Neymar. This kid is the one we should be spending the money on.

As Ferdinand mentions in his video he isn't just speed and skills, he's got decision making and a fantastic weight of pass to go with it. That's extremely rare.

If we added him to the likes of Greenwood, Chong, Gomes we'd have a fantastic attacking core of a young age.
  33. Feb 11, 2019

Luciano Venturini New Member

It's an absolute no brainer. Chuck the lot at him and Dortmund.

He's proved he's got a big mentality by going out to Germany in the first place. Now he's proven his levels by his performances. Be interesting to see how he plays against Spurs in the CL.
  34. Feb 11, 2019

JoaquinJoaquin Full Member

He seems to like alot of United players posts on Instagram I have noticed
  35. Feb 11, 2019

crossy1686 Full Member

Is it too much to ask to see Sancho, Joao Felix, Chong, Gomes and Greenwood in the first team at United next season? Go on then, De Ligt as well.
  36. Feb 11, 2019

crossy1686 Full Member

Think he's pally with Lingard, Rashford and Welbeck from the England squad. Those lads seem to hang out quite a bit.
  37. Feb 11, 2019

Kostov Full Member

Nah you are being modest, add to that Ruben Neves and we are set.
  38. Feb 11, 2019

Trizy New Member

Sancho, Rabiot and De Ligt :drool:

Just checked and this lad spent most of his youth at Watford (8 years in fact) while he was only at City for 1.5 years. He's from London so better chance of him being an United fan than anything else :lol:
    Last edited: Feb 11, 2019
  39. Feb 11, 2019

Patrick08 New Member

At this moment in time, if it were up to me, I would spend that money on Eriksen than Sancho.
  40. Feb 11, 2019

Patrick08 New Member

Don't Madrid have asensio as well?