Jadon Sancho| Staying at Dortmund for now

Status
Not open for further replies.

GJNJ

Bit weird to see Dortmund fans still clutching at straws like this isn't a simple formality at this point.
Even with Mkhitaryan they fought to the bitter end. This particular poster sounds/writes exactly like the one that was around at the time.

Champ

Refuses to acknowledge existence of Ukraine
So is this really SanchON?
Would be a brilliant signing, however the fee being handed about makes me have doubts.

Giggsyking

So your point is: What is the sense of only getting 50-60 Million next year and having Sancho for one more season given the fact that BVB never ever wins the title even with Sancho? Iam understanding you right? That sort of thinking would undermine every effort (or claim) you got as a footballclub.
Everything can happen, and there is also a thing called Champions League. Do i really have to argue that its always the best to get the best team possible?
The point is: They highly probably want to sell, but only for a demanded price and in a specific timespan. And if not, they switch to plan B, and won't shed a tear cause they have the burden to have a Sancho on board for one more season. A comparable situation for the situation next season might be Pulisic. They got 60 Million for him, he had got only 1 year left, and played a minor role in that season, Sancho is by far better than him and is english. Corona situation could also be a little bit more back to normal, and another clubs could be in for him. So they might not stress themselfs and say "if someone pays the 120 Million now, great, if not, we get 50 or 60 Million or more next year, thats also fine and we will get these 50-60 Million at least for sure". They already proofed that if some offer don't fit their needs they carry on. Lewandowski comes in mind.
They are one of the financially most healthiest club, they aren't desperate for money. They will just stick to their plans. At this state negotiations might to be at a point where United and BVB are discussing the exactly conditions of the transfer, but if the all-over-sum don't is as much as the BVB want (or it really takes too long and cuts into their season planing), they will just wait till next season.
Dont fight it dude. There is no shame in accepting that united will take him sooner or later because united is a giant club.

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off
Is Torres as highly rated as Sancho?
I'm getting the vibes of Di Maria and Sanchez in 2014 again. Arsenal got Sanchez for cheaper than we got Di Maria. Then during the whole season, Sanchez proved to be better value for money. Lots of posters questioned why we went for Di Maria instead of Sanchez, while Sanchez looked more like a sure bet for PL (His physicality).
Don't think we need to worry about this comparison. Torres is nowhere near as proven as Sancho who has been producing record numbers in the Bundesliga for a player his age. I've not really seen much of Torres but from the clips he looks talented though not a Sancho level elite talent. However what can one day about player development. It throws up curve balls.

Idxomer

I'm getting the vibes of Di Maria and Sanchez in 2014 again. Arsenal got Sanchez for cheaper than we got Di Maria. Then during the whole season, Sanchez proved to be better value for money. Lots of posters questioned why we went for Di Maria instead of Sanchez, while Sanchez looked more like a sure bet for PL (His physicality).
Torres will be a rotation option for Mahrez , he probably won't start more than 10 games in the league.

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
Torres is promising but he's very early at a developmental point, whereas Sancho is already basically world class. They're on different worlds for current ability and output.

.mica

Supports
Dortmund
@.m
Mate can you please tell me about Sancho as a player and his qualities?
How he would fit into our fron three? Do you think he could play as 10 and what do you think is his ability and potential with regards to Mbappe and other young stars e.g Havertz
His qualities are discussed a lot in here so i won't try cause i wouldn't describe it better than some decent analyse here in the redcafe or at common football-analysis-sites. How he would fit into your front three depends heavily on your coach and what does make out of it (especially with rotation or different approaches to different opponents). The question about him as a 10 is a bit difficult, cause i guess him in a fluid role with other attacking midfielders fits him the best, starting position at the right but play fluidly with others, so sometimes cutting in from the right, sometimes going trough the line, sometimes switching, one behaviour in a counterplay, one behavior in possesion, one if you got the ball, one if you need to press in the first or second line and so on... So there might be a difference to your mentioned Havertz, cause i find he is more a CAM and could be, if you want to call it like this, a classic 10.

Ibi Dreams

Haven't really been following this so I'm curious as to why everyone thinks it is absolutely definitely happening?

King7Eric

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
So your point is: What is the sense of only getting 50-60 Million next year and having Sancho for one more season given the fact that BVB never ever wins the title even with Sancho? Iam understanding you right? That sort of thinking would undermine every effort (or claim) you got as a footballclub.
Everything can happen, and there is also a thing called Champions League. Do i really have to argue that its always the best to get the best team possible?
The point is: They highly probably want to sell, but only for a demanded price and in a specific timespan. And if not, they switch to plan B, and won't shed a tear cause they have the burden to have a Sancho on board for one more season. A comparable situation for the situation next season might be Pulisic. They got 60 Million for him, he had got only 1 year left, and played a minor role in that season, Sancho is by far better than him and is english. Corona situation could also be a little bit more back to normal, and another clubs could be in for him. So they might not stress themselfs and say "if someone pays the 120 Million now, great, if not, we get 50 or 60 Million or more next year, thats also fine and we will get these 50-60 Million at least for sure". They already proofed that if some offer don't fit their needs they carry on. Lewandowski comes in mind.
They are one of the financially most healthiest club, they aren't desperate for money. They will just stick to their plans. At this state negotiations might to be at a point where United and BVB are discussing the exactly conditions of the transfer, but if the all-over-sum don't is as much as the BVB want (or it really takes too long and cuts into their season planing), they will just wait till next season.
But what good is this posturing? If you are gonna sell a player, and that player has more or less made up his mind to go, then what's the point of keeping him a year when it's unlikely that keeping him will in any way help your league standing or chances of winning trophies? We see clubs do this every year, recent examples related to Utd being Leicester and Sporting with Maguire and Bruno respectively. We heard stories all transfer window long that the clubs don't need to sell blah blah blah but ultimately they always do.

If Dortmund are trying to drum up a bidding war for Sancho, fair enough, I can understand that. But to stall a move for a year, get half the transfer fee, and have no discernible benefits on the field as well, sounds just silly to me. Especially, when everyone knows that Dortmund is ultimately a club that players use as a stepping stone to go to the really big clubs and they ultimately will always have to end up selling their top prospects.

I can understand that the Dortmund board can't appear to let go of a player easily or appear to be short handed on the fee, but we all know Sancho will leave. So when fans make claims that our club doesn't have to sell and we have deadlines and set prices, it all comes across as silly and childish ramblings.

Rado_N

Yaaas Broncos!
I don't get the comparison? We were arguably the 2nd best team in the world when Ronaldo left us for Real, made sense we were bitter and annoyed, at that point Real wasn't a massive step up. Dortmund are.....Dortmund.
I thought he meant the inevitability aspect of it.

hellhunter

Eurofighter
Supports
Karlsruher SC
I don't get the comparison? We were arguably the 2nd best team in the world when Ronaldo left us for Real, made sense we were bitter and annoyed, at that point Real wasn't a massive step up. Dortmund are.....Dortmund.
Having been to two CL finals in a row and winning one, you could argue that Real wasnt a step up at all, at least in a sporting way.

DWelbz19

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
I could be wrong!

I’m also not really sure why everyone is so convinced this is virtual a done deal.
Because it is.

Plus the Bundesliga posters have been obnoxious throughout this ordeal, so we have to respond with the same level. Circle of life.

nainaisson

Thanks for clearing that up.
Club briefings to Sky and Jan Fjortoft have said that a €120m fee was agreed and they're now negotiating payment structure (i.e., how much now and how much later). It could all still fall apart. Sky and Delaney say it's €60m up front, but the Dortmund people who briefed Fjortoft deny this.

sammsky1

Pochettino's #1 fan
United briefed early on that their starting position was €50m I think our initial cash offer will be much closer to that than Dortmund's stated €120m requirements, with €20m extra in add ons. I think it will be a total package of less €100m.

Dortmund can whinge and moan about €120 for as long as they like. They know they will eventually have to settle for what Ed is prepared to pay. The deal has to happen this summer. Everything else is just time pass for posture and face saving.

Andycoleno9

matchday malcontent
Why do you care more about a bit of money than you do the further success of the club?

When did football fans turn into finance experts and finance fans ahead of actual football glory.

If the club are willing to spend it, don't worry, we'll be fine.
Why do you put words in my mouth? I didn't said anything of that. If club's projection is to spend lets say 200 mil in next two years then it is important how you will spend it, right?
I want Sancho as much as you but maybe we can get him much cheaper next year and money saved on him, invest in another player.
Not saying that i am right about this logic because Sancho would upgrade us hugely this year.

Eckers99

Michael Corleone says hello
Even with Mkhitaryan they fought to the bitter end. This particular poster sounds/writes exactly like the one that was around at the time.
Who writes exactly like the bitter trolls who manage Dortmund's social media.

They're a touchy bunch.

lysglimt

Scout
Only when it's positive news.
You can say a lot about Fjortoft (and he usually does it himself - he always was a bit fond of himself) - but I doubt there are many ex-footballers with his contact-net in Europe. He played 4 years in Austria, 6 years in England and 2 years in Germany and he has worked with football for the last 15-16 years. So when it comes to Germany/Austria - he has a lot of contacts.

His son actually plays in Scotland for Hamilton ...

Kentonio

Scout
Supports
Chelsea
Why do you put words in my mouth? I didn't said anything of that. If club's projection is to spend lets say 200 mil in next two years then it is important how you will spend it, right?
I want Sancho as much as you but maybe we can get him much cheaper next year and money saved on him, invest in another player.
Not saying that i am right about this logic because Sancho would upgrade us hugely this year.
Why do you think you can get him next year cheaply? Lots of the top clubs want Sancho but are put off by the price and it’s a tough year financially for the football world. United look like being the only team willing to break the bank for him. If he doesn’t move until next season suddenly you’ll be competing against the likes of Real, Barca, City, Chelsea etc, and it’s by no means certainly he’d pick United.

Status
Not open for further replies.