Jadon Sancho| Staying at Dortmund for now

Status
Not open for further replies.

groovyalbert

it's a mute point
Throwaway comments, as opposed to an actual presser, which is very counterintuitive to their stance this whole saga. Not to add, Sancho ain't going to kick up a fuss like Dembele did. All reasons why I think this time it may be different and genuine. I find it very hard to believe they come out and publicly said they aren't going to sell, only to turn around and sell, when they are so desperate to give off the impression they aren't pushovers. Especially when this presser is of their own doing, which will very clearly bring large attention to their decision.
Yeah, inclined to agree which is a real shame as I was utterly convinced this was done and dusted. Everything just sounded right and I think there'll be a real inquest into it if this falls through.

Don't think we'll be favourites for him next season either after refusing to stump up the cash this window/other clubs in for him then. This really feels like now or never, and can see this disrupting our positive growth over the last 6 months or so if we don't get him in.

This is a real marker for Ole's United.

crossy1686

career ending
Let’s remember that Dortmund have tried to rush the sale of Sancho by setting a deadline. They know the longer this drags on the more it weakens their hand.

FizzyWomack

I'm off to bed but this is my best attempt a full transcript of what Ole is saying:

1) "Not the...not the cash" makessense as you can see Ole slightly shaking his head as he's talking before he says 'cash' and also seems as though Ole says a word just before 'cash',

Matic then replies

2) "Yep exactly"

Proceeds to look in to the distance, maybe looking at the big screen. Initially though he's talking to somebody else but seems like it's a screen check.

3) "Sorted" (a possibility he says ''sort it")

Gets asked a question by one of the other coaches it seems based on the scene at the start of the video where there's a coach to the right of Matic

4) "For sure yeah" this one is very clear for me the more I looked at it, he's nodding his head as he says it too.

I'd just like to say my intention hasn't been to entice anything or cause an unreasonable level of positivity. Ultimately it's hard to tell anything from a 10 second clip with no sound but looking at it objectively that's the best I could come up with and to be honest i'm quite confident that it's pretty much all accurate. The 3rd thing he says when looking to his right is the part I'm least confident about. Im unsure for sure if he's saying 'sorted', 'sort it' or maybe something else entirely but I'm leaning towards 'sorted'.

If my amateur lip-reading is correct and that they're even discussing the Sancho transfer then I'd assume he was midway through explaining that the current negotiations/hold-ups to the deal is surrounding the structure/bonuses/installments and not the cash. As for what he says 'yes exactly' to and 'for sure yeah' in response to Matic and the other coach I'd be a fool to even try and predict that :lol:

Goodnight!
Good take. But he could be talking about the beef goulash his wife made :wenger:

JPRouve

can't stop thinking about balls - NOT deflategate
Scout
Dortmund aren't pushovers, people seemingly still have no idea about what being selling clubs means, it doesn't mean that you are a super market where clubs with more money can just pick articles and checkout. It simply means that selling players for a profit is part of your financial plans, that's partially how you finance the team long term. Selling clubs will have deadlines because they need to replace the players that they sell, they have no intention to get weaker, which could be one of the angle in that story, who is supposed to replace Sancho, is that player available, is his club willing to sell at a price that suits Dortmund?

lewwoo

I am starting to think woody is playing us again and has no intention of signing him. 'Oh at least we tried.'

Gambit

Desperately wants to be a Muppet
That we've never used in any of the many wars we've fought since we aquired them. There's such a thing as proportional use. I'm not sure blowing up towns devoted to the manufacture of novelty clocks would be viewed as proportionate.
This is your hypothetical war. You stated the capabilities of our military against them. Someone said we'd obliterate them. As its hypothetical we have nukes, they don't. Game over. Something Zorc would do well to remember when he makes his statement today.

Berbasbullet

Too Boring For A Funny Tagline
This is your hypothetical war. You stated the capabilities of our military against them. Someone said we'd obliterate them. As its hypothetical we have nukes, they don't. Game over. Something Zorc would do well to remember when he makes his statement today.
:lol:

ivaldo

Mediocre Horse Whisperer, s'up wid chew?
Money talks, they’ll give zero shits about looking pathetic. Why on Earth do you give this any credence?
Just like Fergie gave zero shits when he said he wouldn’t sell Madrid a virus. Elon Musk give no fecks every day about some bollocks he says to make his company money.
Making a statement today could simply be a chess move.
And it's not as if we don't have half a dozen other instances in recent years of Dortmund bullshitting publicly on the issue of selling their players.

Knux

Supports
AIK Stockholm
I think the deal is agreed and we’re waiting to tuesday for announcement.
Ole said ’tuesday’ - two times in the video.
- we have a european game tonight so it will probably be one more day of slow news.

Leftback99

Might have a bedwetting fetish.
Transfer deadline day is 5th October. Nothing needs to happen today.

Also I might be wrong but are there any actual quotes of anyone at Dortmund setting a deadline of today?

zenith

It's that time in the saga, when we are halfway to the pogba thread.

The weakest muppets will begin to curse Woodward

The next lot of muppets shall big up greenwood

The lot after that will give pandemic excuses and justify the potential failure (myself included).

The strongest muppets will believe till the end and shall be knighted at the end of the saga.

Judas

Open to offers
So we've probably got a bit of a wait then now. I'll be honest, I'm a bit surprised. I didn't see this dragging and I don't get why we're making it that way. I 100% still think we'll end up signing him though.

UncleBob

So we've probably got a bit of a wait then now. I'll be honest, I'm a bit surprised. I didn't see this dragging and I don't get why we're making it that way. I 100% still think we'll end up signing him though.
You're surprised that a potential £108mill deal is dragging?

feck me.

For all we know Dortmund is hell bent that they either get the entire fee now or the player stays.

There's a shitload of perfectly valid reasons for why this deal will take time to sort out.

Scholsey2004

It's actually Horsechokers hypothetical war for what it's worth. I'd still maintain that using nuclear weapons against a non nuclear-armed opponent in a war where neither side has the military capacity to actually individually conquer the other is completely outside of the envelope of any even hypothetical war. Incidentally I hope Christian Falk doesn't frequent these pages or I can envisage this conversation appearing in a particularly scathing article in the next edition of Bild.

Judas

Open to offers
You're surprised that a potential £108mill deal is dragging?

feck me.

For all we know Dortmund is hell bent that they either get the entire fee now or the player stays.

There's a shitload of perfectly valid reasons for why this deal will take time to sort out.
Bit angry. Of course there's plenty of reasons, I just thought we'd get it done early August, but instead it'll probably take a little bit longer. I can't say I'm worried about the deal, it's obviously still on.

cyberman

That’s Tuesday out the window. Looks like this will rumble on unless we brief we’ve pulled the plug soon.
I think we'll back out soon enough. Greenwood has given us the breathing space to wait this out another year.

Strats

Just love Ole’s face when he realizes there are cameras around.

I get his final words to be “Thursday”.

Revan

Assumptionman
Tom Warren. My greatest youth player. What a guy he was.
Love Matthias Satri from Argentina. Managed to have 60 assists within a season while he was 19 or 20. Cheated from the Ballon D’Or.

Shit, haven’t played the game since 2013.

do.ob

Supports
Borussia Dortmund
i just don’t see why Dortmund needs to make a statement today. They have said:
- deal deadline: today
- no official contact
If today passes without information, one can pretty much deduct that a deal won’t happen. At least if previous Information was to be believed. This would simply be posturing, but through a more official media than before. As others have said, Dortmund have done similar things before, doesn’t mean all that much.
To stop Romano and Falk from making up so many stories that Fjortoft can copy. So they can put this distraction to bed.

Rooney1987

And it's not as if we don't have half a dozen other instances in recent years of Dortmund bullshitting publicly on the issue of selling their players.
4 days again Zorc in a interview said this "So far there has been no contact between Borussia Dortmund and Manchester United in terms of Sancho, not indirectly or through intermediaries." Yesterday Dortmund local saying said still no bid as of today.

They’ve been pretty consistent with its briefs to media why go against that to in a presser. From
No contact, no bids to actually we lied but now it’s no deal would be odd. Bet today is just just a squad announcement or normal presser and the transfer journos will turn in to a Sancho thing. Unless it’s a statement about his London party.

Exactly.
Dortmund are bullish and rightly so, historically it’s helped them get top dollar more often than not.
Them saying today that Sancho stays means absolutely zilch as we all should know by now.

makes new threads with tweets in the OP
Its hysterical how many social media people are making a story of Sancho going on pre-season tour with Dortmund. :lol: I mean, its literally his job. Refusing to go would be going on strike. How can he not go? Yet my social media feeds are covered with capitalised messages like 'HE'S ON THE PLANE.' :lol::lol::lol: The worst thing is they know so many of our fans will eat it up and give them the clicks they desperately want. :rolleyes:

Honestly, whether we do or do not sign Sancho this summer, there are a lot of people who should be a bit sheepish about how they have behaved during this saga. We're not even at peak Sneijder levels and people are already going Gaitan.

VanGaalEra

That’s Tuesday out the window. Looks like this will rumble on unless we brief we’ve pulled the plug soon.
They’re heading to Switzerland, not the other side of the world. He can catch a 2 hour flight to the UK once everything is agreed.

Infra-red

Just love Ole’s face when he realizes there are cameras around.

I get his final words to be “Thursday”.
Seems unlikely that anything significant will happen on Thursday, given that Sancho boarded a plane to Dortmund's training camp in Switzerland this morning.

Unless Ole was referring to Thursday 24 September, which is probably about the earliest we can expect this to be done!

TheReligion

Abusive
Let’s remember that Dortmund have tried to rush the sale of Sancho by setting a deadline. They know the longer this drags on the more it weakens their hand.
To stop Romano and Falk from making up so many stories that Fjortoft can copy. So they can put this distraction to bed.
Let's be honest does it suit either club to announce this or get it done early in the window? I think both will be happy to keep quiet until late in the day irrespective of what's been said/agreed behind the scenes. It would kill both sides in negotiations for other players.

Status
Not open for further replies.