Jadon Sancho| Staying at Dortmund for now

Status
Not open for further replies.

tenpoless

No 6-pack, just 2Pac
Supports
4-4-2 classic
United: How much for Sancho?
BVB: 120. We don't want to sell, but we promised Jadon that we will if someone pays that.
United: Hmmm. We pay 50.
BVB: 120. You have time until 10.08. to pay or the deal is off.
United: 70. It's Corona-time. 120 is way too expensive, no one would ever pay that. We also don't care about your time limit or your feeder squad.
BVB: No.
United: Ok, we pay 100. 50 this year, 50 next year. You are a fecking selling club so stop trolling around.
United: We pay 80. Another 40 if we win the UCL 3 times in a row and Sancho wins 3 Balon'Dor during that time.

BVB: Time's up.
United: Ok ok, we pay 120, cash.
BVB: No. Time's up.

United: .... 130?
You're making it as if it's a negotiation in a traditional market.

RDCR07

Not a bad guy (Whale Killer)
I agree with all that , I'm just not totally convinced that Sancho at his age will be fully pushing for the move to go ahead in the way say a Bruno would be at 25. Time will tell of course but lets not forget it was his choice to go to Germany and leave Man City and with that in mind he might feel it's one season too early to fully push for a move back to England.
Yeah it was his choice but it was his career move and 2 years later it turns out it was a bang on right move. He wouldn’t be here today if he didn’t leave. City would never have given him the chance. It could the same with German and Spanish players wanting to rush back home when playing abroad if the top clubs like Bayern, Barca and Madrid come calling.

syrian_scholes

Honorary Straw Hat
Most annoying thing in this thread is Bayern and Dortmund fans acting like Dortmund aren't a selling club or that Bayern never got good deals off them.

Matriac

Actually not. I would prefer to have Sancho and Halland being long term at Dortmund, simply to keep the league competitive. A real danger would be a great manager at Dortmund. But that won't happen... ;)

You can't even Spell Haaland's name! Your league doesn't deserve him!

Andi Latte

Would you specify what that means, exactly?
I don't know, an offer that is 1000% of Dortmunds investment can imo be considered a good offer. Which would be 80m. I don't think Dortmund would go bankrupt, hell they even would have plenty of cash to spare after acquiring a replacement. United could afford it even in Covid times, Sancho would get his move, everyone would be happy.

I don't see why it must be 120m, or why they hire an intermediary and try to make United pay him on top of that. That just doesn't seem like respecting the players wishes but really only Dortmunds own interest.

As I said, Dembele had to go on strike as clearly Dortmund were not holding up their end of the bargain, same as now.

mu4c_20le

Most annoying thing in this thread is Bayern and Dortmund fans acting like Dortmund aren't a selling club or that Bayern never got good deals off them.
Bayern are the expects at tapping up and acting like they have a God given right to cherry pick the best talents in the league, so its a bit rich when they step in to try to defend them.

RedRonaldo

Wishes to be oppressed.
I don't know, an offer that is 1000% of Dortmunds investment can imo be considered a good offer. Which would be 80m. I don't think Dortmund would go bankrupt, hell they even would have plenty of cash to spare after acquiring a replacement. United could afford it even in Covid times, Sancho would get his move, everyone would be happy.

I don't see why it must be 120m, or why they hire an intermediary and try to make United pay him on top of that. That just doesn't seem like respecting the players wishes but really only Dortmunds own interest.

As I said, Dembele had to go on strike as clearly Dortmund were not holding up their end of the bargain, same as now.
Let’s look at it in another way, even Dembele go on strike and eventually get his love, he still cost Barca a fortune.

Issue here with Sancho transfer, is not that Dortmund refuse to sell him, but just that they have a price tag on him, and they stand by that.

syrian_scholes

Honorary Straw Hat
Bayern are the expects at tapping up and acting like they have a God given right to cherry pick the best talents in the league, so its a bit rich when they step in to try to defend them.
Not only that but also this poster formulating some fanfic conversation about our negotiations with Dortmund is probably the worst post in this whole thread and shows how delusional they are.

TsuWave

That Greenwood won't score 20 or Dortmund coming back?
To me Greenwood is a starboy and sky’s the limit. I hope he bags +20. I actually think if we were to bag Sancho, before the end of next season (likely second half of the season) the attacking trio would be comprised of Sancho+Greenwood+Martial. Rashford’s form fluctuates too often, and wildly.

But Dortmund/Sancho will never be short of suitors, so they coming back begging for 70millie is just not going to happen. Kid is 20 and one of the best in his position in the world already with back to back seasons to show he’s certified.

Gilgamesh

Supports
Bayern, and others
Trust me: If there would have been any chance to get Sancho below 100M Bayern would have tried it. They settled with Sane for 50 or 60M. Now you do your math.

ayushreddevil9

Foootball hinders the adrenaline of transfers.
Gotta defend their feeder club mate.

Runs away

RDCR07

Unfortunately you, me, United or hell the even the “market” doesn’t set the value. The selling club does. It’s as simple as that. Contract length sure determines some of the value you pay. But ultimately it up to the selling club cause it’s their asset. Gone are the days when a player can’t go over a certain amount. The amount of money that’s in football today is ludicrous. Fulham get 160m just for getting promoted. Let that sink in.

Let’s say you have a car which you dont mind keeping but at the same time you wouldn’t mind selling if the right offer comes in. You name your price at $1000. The blue book and all car pricing websites say your car can’t be more than $800. You have every right to set that $1000 value. People can say it’s too much and not buy which is their right but ultimately there might be that one buyer who would be like I don’t mind paying an extra $200 for it.

That’s exactly what Dortmund are doing. There are trying to squeeze every penny out of the deal and quite frankly they have every right to do it. It’s simple for us. If we don’t want to pay that much then walk away. Also should I remind you we did the same with Ronaldo. We were ready to let him leave IF Madrid met our valuation.

Le Red

Otherwise I don't think any of those young sought-after talents would have signed for Dortmund, as everyone knows they are a selling club with pretty much no ambition outside of CL qualification.
What a load of disrespectful shit. Borussia Dortmund is a huge club, that's growing in a very sustainable fashion, despite not having the financial muscle of the richest clubs in the world.
Althought it's hard for them to win their domestic league or the UCL, they got way closer of doing that than us in the last seven years, with nowhere near the same resources.
In a reality where oil clubs, dictatorships and shady corporate people deal the cards in football you want to accuse Dortmund of wrongdoing? Because they don't want to sell players for less than they're worth to these billionaire bully clubs?
Honestly, I'm not going to finish this post in the way I intended because you're not worth a ban.

Last edited:

Bondi77

To me Greenwood is a starboy and sky’s the limit. I hope he bags +20. I actually think if we were to bag Sancho, before the end of next season (likely second half of the season) the attacking trio would be comprised of Sancho+Greenwood+Martial. Rashford’s form fluctuates too often, and wildly.

But Dortmund/Sancho will never be short of suitors, so they coming back begging for 70millie is just not going to happen. Kid is 20 and one of the best in his position in the world already with back to back seasons to show he’s certified.
True,
Rash wasn't too good this morning either.

Le Red

People saying this is dead, looking unlikely, calm your tits godamn don't you have better things to do in your life other than having panic attacks over a transfer you already know it's going to be a deadline day saga?
Where have you people been for the last seasons if you still don't know that's how our clowns do business?

UNITED ACADEMY

Supports
Erik ten Hag
People saying this is dead, looking unlikely, calm your tits godamn don't you have better things to do in your life other than having panic attacks over a transfer you already know it's going to be a deadline day saga?
Where have you people been for the last seasons if you still don't know that's how our clowns do business?
Exact my question as well. We paid 80m on Maguire. Can’t believe some people actually believe we won’t pay 100m on Sancho. This is what we do, trying to negotiate to get a good deal, at the end we will end up signing the player whether we get the pay cut or no.

It took us until near the end of the window to sign Maguire & Bruno.

Gilgamesh

Supports
Bayern, and others
d_M%C3%BCller
Sorry to disappoint you my friend and at the same time I'm trying to demystify many super-great deals Bayern has made: In reality Bayern usually used opted-out clauses (Goetze, Hernandez), or waited for players in the very last year (Sane), or got them for free (Lewandowski, Goretzka). Very rarely they have ever paid the real market value. Hernandez now looks not so good . But in general, the policy seems to work -- which is here German for: They are doing a brillant job.

Andi Latte

What a load of disrespectful shit. Borussia Dortmund is a huge club, that's growing in a very sustainable fashion, despite not having the financial muscle of the richest clubs in the world.
I am not sure they really are that huge. Just ask Lewandowski, Götze, Hummels and all the other players who left them at the first chance they got. Even during the period they were actually successful, those mentioned rather went to Bayern, to win Trophies with far more regularity.

Because they don't want to sell players for less than they're worth to these billionaire bully clubs.
Two things, first: who is bullying Dortmund? We are in negotiations, it's all pretty normal from United's side. It rather is Dortmund who don't negotiate, set artificial deadlines and want us to pay their intermediary on top of their price.

Second: Sancho is only worth 120m as soon as somebody pays that amount. Until then, reality is that he's just NOT worth it.

I can also ask for 100,- for a sketch I did on a napkin, doesn't mean it's worth it.

Honestly, I'm not going to finish this post in the way I intended because you're not worth a ban.
Great, I'm glad you didn't, one should really not get worked up like this only because someones opinion doesn't align with one's own. My intention never was to irritate someone, rather to express my feelings on the matter, as is customary in discussion forums.

Last edited:

Fridge chutney

BVB: 120. We don't want to sell, but we promised Jadon that we will if someone pays that.
United: 70. It's Corona-time. 120 is way too expensive, no one would ever pay that. We also don't care about your time limit or your feeder squad.
United: Ok, we pay 100. 50 this year, 50 next year. You are a fecking selling club so stop trolling around.
United: We pay 80. Another 40 if we win the UCL 3 times in a row and Sancho wins 3 Balon'Dor during that time.

I'm sure that sounded funnier in your head.

The Don

Metrosexual Candy Shagger
Dayman, ahhhahhhahh, fighter of the nightman
Firstly, Dortmund always sell their star players. It's what they do but they keep finding great players and developing them, so their model isn't so bad.

Secondly, Dortmund absolutely should be playing hardball with us.
Sancho is one of the premier talents in world football, already. He's putting up great numbers and actually improving all the time and he's got another 10yrs at the top level, potentially.
This makes him extremely valuable, even in the current market but especially compared to other fees have been spent in the last few years. Covid is irrelevant, every club has suffered financially, so it's pretty much a level playing field.

United should just pay the price. Its a fair price. The lad wants to come here. He is for sale and he's worth it.

predator

Youth NITK
This is heartbreaking knowing how much seasoned muppets have invested into this saga but at the same time if dortmund want to play hardball and show the world they can actually keep hold of their best players then fair enough.

Let the club continue to do what it does. Sancho wouldve been lovely but ultimately he is just a player.

Who gives a feck man

Sad Chris

d_M%C3%BCller

Sorry to disappoint you my friend and at the same time I'm trying to demystify many super-great deals Bayern has made: In reality Bayern usually used opted-out clauses (Goetze, Hernandez), or waited for players in the very last year (Sane), or got them for free (Lewandowski, Goretzka). Very rarely they have ever paid the real market value. Hernandez now looks not so good . But in general, the policy seems to work -- which is here German for: They are doing a brillant job.
I‘m not sure they‘re doing a great job. They are definitely making best use of the dominant position they are in. Any player that wants to stay in Germany and wants to win titles will have to move to Bayern. I‘d like to see them in a competitive situation where they need to compete for transfers with other German teams. Then we may be able to judge if they are really doing a brilliant job.

el3mel

Althought it's hard for them to win their domestic league or the UCL, they got way closer of doing that than us in the last seven years, with nowhere near the same resources.
In a reality where oil clubs, dictatorships and shady corporate people deal the cards in football you want to accuse Dortmund of wrongdoing? Because they don't want to sell players for less than they're worth to these billionaire bully clubs?
This has been typical of our last few transfer threads, insulting the selling club just because they dare to have demands or want a high price. Any selling club United deal with should hand us the player without asking much according to some.

peridigm

I see we’ve reached the “he’s not coming stage” and not far from the “didn’t want him anyway” stage.

That means we should have him signed no later than next week.

Skeezix

Do you really think they did not know this?:lol:
Considering how the media in the UK seems so surprised by that, it doesn't seem so far fetched. Also, someone from the United side could've leaked it to the press if they knew about it.
An additional year in Sancho's contract with Dortmund leaves very less bargaining power in United's hands unless he hands in a transfer request.

Our biggest transfer ever - of course it’s going to be a saga. A boring one, but a saga.
Yep, that was expected from the beginning. But sometimes, inner Muppet takes over and overwhelms any sense of rationality.

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off

This is so original and funny, it belongs in the newbies.

sglowrider

Thinks the caf is 'wokeish'.
Unfortunately you, me, United or hell the even the “market” doesn’t set the value. The selling club does. It’s as simple as that. Contract length sure determines some of the value you pay. But ultimately it up to the selling club cause it’s their asset. Gone are the days when a player can’t go over a certain amount. The amount of money that’s in football today is ludicrous. Fulham get 160m just for getting promoted. Let that sink in.

Let’s say you have a car which you dont mind keeping but at the same time you wouldn’t mind selling if the right offer comes in. You name your price at $1000. The blue book and all car pricing websites say your car can’t be more than $800. You have every right to set that $1000 value. People can say it’s too much and not buy which is their right but ultimately there might be that one buyer who would be like I don’t mind paying an extra $200 for it.

That’s exactly what Dortmund are doing. There are trying to squeeze every penny out of the deal and quite frankly they have every right to do it. It’s simple for us. If we don’t want to pay that much then walk away. Also should I remind you we did the same with Ronaldo. We were ready to let him leave IF Madrid met our valuation.
Maybe Woodward and team have done some oppo research --- and had some financial analysis on Dortmund and know their current/actual financial state of affairs. They may know its a bluff in view of the financial situation.

Suedesi

Just heard Jan Aage Fjortoft on ESPN - the guy is insufferable, and couldn't answer a straight question, instead kept rambling non-stop. What a nutcase!

oz insomniac

Watching Woodward’s negotiations skills again, the pessimist in me thinks he will end up paying more than necessary at some stage , certainly there may be a Utd premium, but when we see other clubs source players, identify them and actually sign them - he is so frustrating. Then again he does the Glazers well, the football club , not so sure.

croadyman

Not in any doubt that Sancho will join United this Summer. We want him, this one will happen. Not as soon as we'd like, but dear fellow muppets, it will happen.
Yeah does feel like we will have to strap in until at least after Europa league campaign probably longer

RDCR07

Maybe Woodward and team have done some oppo research --- and had some financial analysis on Dortmund and know their current/actual financial state of affairs. They may know its a bluff in view of the financial situation.
You do know they are 12th on the list of most valuable clubs right? They aren’t a relegation threatened side. Their finances are still good. Again if they want to demand 120m they can or if they want to sell for 20m they can as well. You can call their bluff all you want. We may have had the upper hand if his contract was up in 2 years but from the looks of it it’s actually 2023. That switches the power back to Dortmund.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.