Jadon Sancho| Staying at Dortmund for now

Status
Not open for further replies.

LonelyFire

So being a supporter of the team this forum is about should grant you the right to get away with everything? People talk bs and that gets pointed out.

I didn't sign up for this forum because I wanted to set you straight. I joined because I liked the discussions in the football forum. It's only in recent months that many United supporters became straight out unbearable and if you read such irrational and disrespectful stuff, it just irks in your finger tips to correct them.
I don’t doubt you at all - I can see why you’re discussing the subject. I think what has surprised me is the amount of Dortmund supporters who genuinely believe that’s it done and he’s not going. That may turn out to be the case but it’s August and the window is open until October (regardless of when domestic season starts, the window deadline is what’s important).
Secondly, Dortmund have previous for this - it’s almost word for word the same quote as with Aubameyang, Mkhitaryan, and Dembele. Whether people believe they are separate cases or not, that’s a pattern.

I think with Sancho, he will need to ask to leave. Utd didn’t brief their infamous “ending interest” line yesterday so I suspect agent is giving encouragement. Whether it comes to fruition or not, I don’t know. I just think saying it’s not happening as a fact is naive.

Knux

Supports
AIK Stockholm
Maybe that has to do with United fans behaving like spoilt children who don't get what they want now that the deal seems to be off the table. This thread really gets the worst out of a whole bunch of posters right now.

Some in here possess so little self reflection that they really think Dortmund should bend over and straight out throw 40m € out of the window in order to support United - and feel they're objectively right somehow.

edit: Don't want to include you in that, your posts really seem to be the exception. But you can be dead sure that if Bundesliga fans were collectively belittling the EPL like United posters currently do out of pettiness, you'd see a similar kind of unity among EPL supporters, regardless of the team they support.
Wow I think you take things more seriously than it actually is. Also, how do you explain that you want Bundesliga to be more competetive but at the same time your team have been taking the best players from the 2nd best team (Dortmund) for the last decade? Isnt that double standards?
It’s not only Hummels. There’s also Lewa and Götze for example.

Your post would make so much more sense if Bayern didnt want to weaken Dortmund by taking their best players time and time again. Lewa went for free, but Bayern tried to sign him When he was still contracted with Dortmund.

Didn’t you try to sign Reus aswell?

RkkMan

Joke`s on anyone who thinks this is over. Deal may not happen(in my view not very likely) but fact that Utd have refused to brief their intention to walk away(like we did with Dybala) speaks volumes and shows there is more to come. Just hope whichever way this ends we NEVER EVER EVER do business with Dortmund again. A lot of clamour here for Haaland/Bellingham but we have solid options from within who can be just as good if not better than those 2(Greenwood and Mejbri once he`s physically ready) and other positions of need(CB, LB, DM) can be looked at in other teams than Dortmund. Can`t be arsed going through a pointless saga that does nothing but damage the club`s PR.

2ndTouch

Supports
Bayern München
No, its this need for rival fans to group together against big bad Redcafe to set us all straight.
Take off that tinfoil hat, seriously.

Its a waste of everybodys time. Its not even about Sancho. Everytime German football is questioned, or even a simple player link, the Bundesliga fans come running, ready to scrap.
That is the nature of a discussion forum. Everytime - insert club/league here- is questioned, -club/league- fans will come running if they feel they have something to add.
This might be a Utd forum, but it has a very large community of opposition fans. It is not an echo chamber like pretty much every other football forum out there. Some Utd muppet posters on here seem to pity that.

Bondi77

If Dortmund don’t want to sell than that is their prerogative,
Posters have mentioned we need backup for Bruno and how versatile Havertz is so I am sure we would be able to accommodate him in our forward line anyway so we could put a cheeky bid in for him and if he adapts then it is a win win situation for us.

RkkMan

Sadly it looks to be the case. The club hasn't denied anything to the press regarding Sancho but I don't think Woodward wants to pay a large amount to actually improve the team. Top 4 is probably what he wants to keep making money. I was reading about the prize money from ucl this season and it seems that even getting eliminated from r16 earns you about 80m euro. There are lots of areas in our team where big money transfer is required to properly build a title challenging squad. So, if Sancho is unobtainable this season, you naturally expect him to go after other targets but so far we are linked with no body. Anyway, there is still time but the chances are slim.
Difference between this summer and Jose`s summer is that the board viewed Jose`s targets as too short term or too overpriced (which they were) and we immediately dismissed any name Jose brought forward. They are still working hard to sign Sancho despite the odds being HEAVILY against them which shows they probably expect more to develop in the coming days/weeks. Top 4 is a huge bonus for them but it is not the reason this deal is unravelling to be extremely difficult to pull off for them. Could end up the same way but as of now they aren`t comparable

OutlawGER

Supports
Bayern München, 1. FC Köln
Joke`s on anyone who thinks this is over. Deal may not happen(in my view not very likely) but fact that Utd have refused to brief their intention to walk away(like we did with Dybala) speaks volumes and shows there is more to come. Just hope whichever way this ends we NEVER EVER EVER do business with Dortmund again. A lot of clamour here for Haaland/Bellingham but we have solid options from within who can be just as good if not better than those 2(Greenwood and Mejbri once he`s physically ready) and other positions of need(CB, LB, DM) can be looked at in other teams than Dortmund. Can`t be arsed going through a pointless saga that does nothing but damage the club`s PR.

Can you explain why? Are you mad at BVB because they don't want to sell their best player to the holy United? Can you then just sell Pogba for €40m to Juve or Real, please? Or should Real now say "well they did not sell their best player to us, we don't make a deal with them ever again"? And I am not even mentioning De Gea->Real.

First you guys belittle BVB as a selling and feeder club. Then, when you realize that they don't want to sell, you get mad. This is somehow really funny. :lol:

Last edited:

Sphaero

Struggling to explain his genius to the hoi polloi
Supports
Borussia Dortmund
I read many posts from Dortmund fans (not on here) who really believe the deal is off for this season, which is silly or delusional. At this point the only real deadline is the closure of the transfer window. But I also read others saying Dortmund would be stupid not selling him for the asking price of 120M. I think it's still more likely to go through this summer than not.
No, it really isn´t and if United is under the impression that this is actually true, this deal is bound to fail. Perhaps the actual internal deadline for this deal is not the one they communicated, although it would be really hard for Zorc to walk back his statements if United just meet their financial demands. There is one thing that is absolutely certain here: Dortmund won´t sell Sancho without signing a successor. They simply can´t afford to from both a sporting and economical standpoint. He was their best performer and most productive player last season. Losing him without signing an successor actually does not only kill their chances of a title race instantly but also jeopardize their lock on the Top 4.

If anything, reliable sources of Dortmund trying to sign any established offensive player at this point will be the most certain sign that the Sancho deal is anything but dead. They already came out and said that they are finished with signing any additional players this window unless Sancho leaves. On top of that they simply don´t have the financial budget to complete a larger deal at this moment without a large sale.

Inigo Montoya

Leave Wayne Rooney alone!!
If Dortmund don’t want to sell than that is their prerogative,
Posters have mentioned we need backup for Bruno and how versatile Havertz is so I am sure we would be able to accommodate him in our forward line anyway so we could put a cheeky bid in for him and if he adapts then it is a win win situation for us.
Cheeky bid? :lol:

I know this is a right ol' Carry On but...

Amerifan

So being a supporter of the team this forum is about should grant you the right to get away with everything? People talk bs and that gets pointed out.

I didn't sign up for this forum because I wanted to set you straight. I joined because I liked the discussions in the football forum. It's only in recent months that many United supporters became straight out unbearable and if you read such irrational and disrespectful stuff, it just irks in your finger tips to correct them.
I think you are taking offense where none is intended. People are talking BS because this entire thread is BS. “Sources” that know less than my dog about the internal negotiations of PL clubs, wishful thinking, random speculation, joking around. If you’re after serious football discussion this is not the thread you are looking for.

Massive Spanner

Give Mason Mount a chance!
Yes. But he was not technically sold by choice. It was a release clause, and BVB was really angry at the time and decided to not accept release clauses in contracts anymore (Haaland seems to be the first exception ever since).
True but you can't just ignore it either because it was a release clause.

Red00012

There’s no reporter going to say it’s off that’s for sure.

Muppets will be kept happy

Skåre Willoch

I really, really hope we do business with them next summer already. I'm desperate for Haaland to be a Red Devil.

UncleBob

Besides explaining in more detail, how is it different?
Well, you start off by saying that it's going to have feck all effects on us then you round off by saying the effects are going to be minimal compared to clubs that solely rely on matchday revenue

If you don't understand the difference between those two then it explains your confusion

onemanarmy

Most Bayern fans want an exciting league with exciting players. But we cannot play worse on purpose, so we want that our competitors get better. We already lost Werner, it looks like we're losing Havertz and Thiago and the only comparable player coming into the league is Sané. I want Sancho to stay at Dortmund. I want Dortmund to really challenge us for the title. Because our (international) development in the last ten years was also due to the fact that Hoeneß couldn't stand the fact, that Dortmund made us look like fools in 2011 and 2012.
If Dortmund manages to keep Haaland, Sancho, Reyna, Bellingham (and Moukoko) together for 3 or 4 years, they could not only win national titles but also be a dark horse contestor for the CL i think.
Also...i just can't hear the "Bayerns farmer league", "One horse race league" stuff around here and elsewhere regarding the Bundesliga anymore.

So yeah, i want Dortmund to keep their best players.
You would feel the same after 8 titles in a row ;)
Good explanation, thanks. Imagine being about 3 levels above your competitors so you actually wish them to do better. :lol:

RkkMan

I really, really hope we do business with them next summer already. I'm desperate for Haaland to be a Red Devil.
I`m not. He`s a top player but he had his chance to join us before plus Martial right now is bang in form entering his prime and Greenwood`s ceiling is just as high as Haaland as he keeps developing. I simply want us to deal with clubs less likely to pull our pants down at every opportunity and I also feel this needs to be the last 80m+ transfer we should do in a while. We need to do business like City and buy in the 60-70m range max from now on

crossy1686

career ending
Can you explain why? Are you mad at BVB because they don't want to sell their best player to the holy United? Can you then just sell Pogba for €40m to Juve or Real, please? Or should Real now say "well they did not sell their best player to us, we don't make a deal with them ever again"? And I am not even mentioning De Gea->Real.

First you guys belittle BVB as a selling and feeder club. Then, when you realize that they don't want to sell, you get mad. This is somehow really funny. :lol:
Not sure why you’re worried about United not doing business. I’d be more worried about Bayern missing out on all the best German talent if I were you. Reflects poorly on the league if Bayern can’t even attract the likes of Werner and Havertz.

Adamsk7

We don’t need Haaland. Martial is much better and still only 24. Greenwood has the same killer finishing and is 18.

What we need is Jadon Sancho.

ElMatador

Supports
Zagreb

Many United fans here thinking Dortmund is Freiburg or something like that, a small club that needs to sell to survive.. Omg

Skåre Willoch

I second that. And Haaland having a release clause, makes the negotiations a hell lot easier.
The clause is "only" €60m as well, isn't it? If Ole's still i charge I can definitely see him coming here. If not, it's anyones game really. I can even see him follow in his father's footsteps and go to City to replace Agüero.

Back to Sancho, though. I don't see the "anger" towards Dortmund either. They're playing their hand, and we're playing ours. If we really want the player, we'll get him. The demands are clear. If we can afford him (I believe we can), if we really want him (we do), and he wants to come her (he does), then it's just a matter of time I think. For a pretty penny.

do.ob

Supports
Borussia Dortmund
Why does everything have to be taken so personal? Every neutral piece of information published by a German paper get reactions like "These German bastards are trying to play games with us, who do they think they are, I hate them!!".
Zorc using his routine press meeting to talk about the future of "his" own player is seen as some evil attack on United's dignity.
The same with this tweet, the club's position has been made clear, now people, and of course the press, are wondering whether Sancho really is okay with staying or whether he will act up. It's only natural to post a smiling Sancho, to give fans and media a good feeling about it. The German caption was "so, now eyes shut *tired emoji* I guess to announce that they would call it a day now as far as training and Twitter coverage go.

The world doesn't revolve solely around United, often clubs make Tweets or statements solely with their own public perception in mind.

mu4c_20le

They are not a selling club because they want to sell. It's because they have to, and the players themselves want to go. Literally the only thing holding this deal back is our unwilling to cave to BVB's demands. It's only funny when you take things personal for some reason.

Handré1990

Wow I think you take things more seriously than it actually is. Also, how do you explain that you want Bundesliga to be more competetive but at the same time your team have been taking the best players from the 2nd best team (Dortmund) for the last decade? Isnt that double standards?
It’s not only Hummels. There’s also Lewa and Götze for example.

Your post would make so much more sense if Bayern didnt want to weaken Dortmund by taking their best players time and time again. Lewa went for free, but Bayern tried to sign him When he was still contracted with Dortmund.

Didn’t you try to sign Reus aswell?
He’s a Bayer Leverkusen fan, says so right there under his name.

Traub

I'd be willing to bet that this deal is just too expensive from a liquidity perspective. Based off nothing but speculation, I'd imagine our matchday revenue is our key inflow into our working capital, and without this we will struggle (relatively of course) to pay large cash amounts for transfers whilst still paying all operating costs. We probably have a couple of other targets, so the uncertainty around when crowds are coming back will dampen our liquidity position quite considerably.

stevoc

I think it's pretty clear that so far BVB have steamrolled us on the PR front.
Personally i think they've been embarrassing themselves on that front. They especially that Zorc guy are way too outspoken about this deal. Contrast that to not a peep coming out of United publicly and Ole refusing to discuss it publicly.

Would hate to see United running to the press everyday to try and drive the price of one of our best players up because we were so desperate to sell. Even publicly setting an arbitrary deadline 2 months ahead of the window actually closing to try to force United into paying up more quickly was fecking cringeworthy. Leicester tried that shit last year with Maguire, it's small time.

Skåre Willoch

We don’t need Haaland. Martial is much better and still only 24. Greenwood has the same killer finishing and is 18.

What we need is Jadon Sancho.
Would you change your mind if Haaland bangs in 50 goals next season? I know it's premature and everything, but "need" is relative. Every team needs better players than they already have, even good teams. I'm not saying Haaland is that just yet, but if he becomes a world beater next season already, there's no doubt in my mind we should be all in for him.

And of course we agree about Sancho. He's the most perfect fit for us I've seen since... forever, I think?

Zehner

Football Statistics Dork
Supports
Bayer 04 Leverkusen
Would you mind quoting some of these posts that have irked you so much?
Sure. here we go:

Good one from Ed this time.No one should ever again twist our hands for any footballer.Feck them.Especially this "big football boss wanabe" Zorc guy and others aholes like him troughout Europe.
Dortmund awaiting permission from Bayern to sell to us.
Renowned selling club plays hard to get.

Well I never.
£120m?
Feck off Dortmund.
I know people hate Woody, but Zorc is such a chatty idiot, it would drive me mad.
I have decided that Zorc is a cnut. We are getting him. Believe
We should tell the greedy German bastards to feck right off, after all, any decent wide player would be a huge upgrade on Dan James.
They're just pissed off that their feeder club could possibly sell to another team.
Its the German press pressing the story buddy. Its the English press that has been the muppet killers.
I forgot how angry German fans get when a player is linked to England. Its baffling
The oppo fans in here are like flies around shit at the moment. It's quite pathetic.
As bitter as it sounds, at this point I'll gain about as much enjoyment from the transfer as I will rubbing it into these gloating cnuts if it happens. The German poster invasion any time we're linked to a Bundesliga player is something to behold.
They are all embarrassed that the best player in their league is English it seems.
We are preparing for a European semi final. They are busy posting silly tweets. What does that tell you about both clubs? I'm sure Jadon is most impressed.
I hope in two years after we buy Sancho, we waltz into Dortmund again, pay Haaland's release clause like a boss and make him a United player and a star. Small time stepping stone of a club they are

SATA

No, its this need for rival fans to group together against big bad Redcafe to set us all straight. Its a waste of everybodys time. Its not even about Sancho. Everytime German football is questioned, or even a simple player link, the Bundesliga fans come running, ready to scrap.
My problem with this is attacking the English press and Utd ourselves. We havent made anything public, Ole refuses to comment on it. The English press have been muppet killers by refuting every German report about his close negotistions are, wages being agreed etc.
But feck me Dortmund are running to the press every day about 120m, deadlines etc etc fecking etc. Theyre holding press conferences on fecking deadline day, their social media accounts are trolling for no reason whatsoever. Their fans are taking this way too personally.
When Pogba was linked to Madrid, how many soundbites do we have from Ole? Did Woodward ever comment on it?
You cant claim Utd fans are kids when the other side are publically gloating in a one sided PR binge.
Love to see it though.
Go on mate, you tell them those suckers

Status
Not open for further replies.