Jadon Sancho| Staying at Dortmund for now

Status
Not open for further replies.

0le

You may have a point there. Anyway, it's not only in this thread. Been saying this since quite some time in relation to many topics. If you criticize United or a representative of the club (player, manager, whatever) as an "oppo fan", god have merci on your soul.
So take a look at the Brandon Williams, Lingard, Pereira, and AWB performance threads right now. Take a look at some of the match day and post match day performance threads up until Burnley (so Sept 2019 to Jan 2020). Have a read through some of the Pogba threads. Then come back and tell me you honestly believe that last sentence is true.

Zehner

Football Statistics Dork
Supports
Bayer 04 Leverkusen
It does on here? Its literally a Utd forum.
Theres bias from both sides over this, which is weird since theres like 2 Dortmund fans. Stuff like how are Dortmund bad guys for not wanting to sell etc.
Well they do want to sell, its United not paying more up front thats the problem.
Its little instances like that where fans project themselves onto the transfer that give away the need to white knight.
Obviously it's a United forum. But that doesn't mean that you as a United poster have to throw every remainder of neutrality out of the window with both hands and proudly wallow in your biases, attacking everyone that provides a different perspective to yours.

King7Eric

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
Can you explain why? Are you mad at BVB because they don't want to sell their best player to the holy United? Can you then just sell Pogba for €40m to Juve or Real, please? Or should Real now say "well they did not sell their best player to us, we don't make a deal with them ever again"? And I am not even mentioning De Gea->Real.

First you guys belittle BVB as a selling and feeder club. Then, when you realize that they don't want to sell, you get mad. This is somehow really funny. :lol:
Here's the thing mate and I had tried framing it to some other Dortmund fan on here as well who got set off with it. I think we can all agree on the following-
1. With or without Sancho, BVB are not likely to win the league. They will finish in a CL qualification spot and in the CL they'll reach the RO16 or QF. Of course, anything can happen in football but these would be there realistic ambitions for this coming season. Keeping Sancho or letting him go does not change those ambitions. Keeping or letting go Pogba does affect Utd's ambitions. With him we can probably aim higher than we would without him. Utd are not happy with our current standing in the game, whereas BVB seem perfectly happy where they are as evidenced by their constantly selling their biggest players. If you really have ambitions of winning trophies regularly, you don't let go of your best players irrespective of the price.

2. In the last 20 years, Ronaldo and DDG are the only 2 players whom Man Utd wanted to keep, but yet agreed to sell. SAF wanted to sell the likes of Beckham and RVN and well wanted to get rid of ADM. BVB on the other hand constantly sell their top players, whatever be the reason. The likes of Sahin, Hummels, Gotze, Kagawa, Mkhi, Aubameyang, Dembele, all these are of the top of my head. They constantly act as a feeder club for the top clubs of Europe, so why get offended when someone calls them that?

3. Even if they keep Sancho for a year, he is not going to spend his entire career at BVB. He may leave next year but he will go for sure. Now given that its likely his value will go down given he will have a year less on his contract and his staying for a year is unlikely to lead to BVB winning the league or CL (of course they could surprise us but we'll all agree it will be a major shock), it leads people to question what is the point of keeping him here? Why not reduce your demands a little bit? So that you get your money and buy a replacement and carry on with your model of grooming and selling players while staying the 2nd best team in Germany.

It is these 3 points that make Utd fans feel that BVB are just drawing out this saga unnecessarily in a move that benefits no one. If its Villa acting like this with Grealish, then I could understand because Grealish staying or leaving is likely to be the difference between Villa staying up or getting relegated so you can understand why they would stick to their demands. Sancho staying or leaving isn't likely to change BVB's standing so it all seems like unnecessary posturing.

Terminator

Are they going to drive home the point by making every single squad player talk about Sancho? Maybe the U19's as well just to be sure.

SATA

Isn't there a Bundelisga thread on the caf for their bunch of followers to lurk and post in? They can self rub in there for all they want. This is the Jadon Sancho thread

El-Manos

I agree that it's largely posturing at this stage, but it's not clear if we are trying to drive the price down just to save a few quid, or if we are doing so because it is impossible financially for us to afford the fee Dortmund are asking for.

If it's the former, then the deal will probably be done eventually. If it's the latter, then it's probably dead. Time will tell.
We would briefed the media if we thought the deal was dead. We have done so in the past with Griezmann & Dybala. I reckon we will get him but it's obviously not as straight forward as we initially thought.

Inigo Montoya

Leave Wayne Rooney alone!!
I guess irony and sarcasm are not exactly the strong points of many Germans and maybe German posters in here. I had a couple of good laughts reading stuff about BVB as a fecking small time club bending over to the mighty Bayern. Take it with a pinch of salt fellow German posters. Concerning Sancho I really don´t think that the transfer will happen until next season and I tell you who is responsible: Uli Hoeneß. He really took the piss out of BVB last week and Zorc did bite back. They would become a laughing stock if they accept an offer the next weeks after saying the decision is definitive. Well it would be entertaining if that really happens ;)
Maybe Trump should be releasing their press statements.It'd be a whole lot more entertaining

do.ob

Supports
Borussia Dortmund
If the deal was off the club would be all over the place saying they were never in for him or found some flaw in his game etc to save face.

The fact that they haven't denied it speaks volumes.
Could they really say something like that right now? Imagine the kind of field day the press would have if they first get briefed that United believe that this deadline is artifical and they are calling the bluff and then it just so happens they get a "we didn't want him anyway" brief the moment the deadline passed?

Zehner

Football Statistics Dork
Supports
Bayer 04 Leverkusen
I guess irony and sarcasm are not exactly the strong points of many Germans and maybe German posters in here. I had a couple of good laughts reading stuff about BVB as a fecking small time club bending over to the mighty Bayern. Take it with a pinch of salt fellow German posters. Concerning Sancho I really don´t think that the transfer will happen until next season and I tell you who is responsible: Uli Hoeneß. He really took the piss out of BVB last week and Zorc did bite back. They would become a laughing stock if they accept an offer the next weeks after saying the decision is definitive. Well it would be entertaining if that really happens ;)
Well, if that would be possible both ways, no problem. But if I post in here "hope Sancho stays another season and goes to Liverpool next season, would serve United and Woodward right for being so greedy and arrogant and using so obvious negotiation tactics", how do you think the reactions in here would look like? Would the local posters in here get the irony and sarcasm?

2ndTouch

Supports
Bayern München
That's stretching things a bit far...

syrian_scholes

Honorary Straw Hat
Well, if that would be possible both ways, no problem. But if I post in here "hope Sancho stays another season and goes to Liverpool next season, would serve United and Woodward right for being so greedy and arrogant and using so obvious negotiation tactics", how do you think the reactions in here would look like? Would the local posters in here get the irony and sarcasm?
Why would you want to post that on a United forum? And do you expect no bias towards United on our own forum?

Zehner

Football Statistics Dork
Supports
Bayer 04 Leverkusen
I think oppo fans coming onto a United forum being irked by a United bias opinions/jokes/bitterness is really bizarre.
Being irked by biases is never bizarre. It's bizarre that you justify biases with the forum you're on. It's like saying "yeah, I know that I'm wrong but I stick with my opinion anyway".

Skåre Willoch

Why do they do this? Are there any benefits of doing this through a third party? It seems weird in my opinion, and I don't see how any side benefits from it.

I think oppo fans coming onto a United forum being irked by a United bias opinions/jokes/bitterness is really bizarre.
Yeah. Do they expect us to be objective regarding all things United and football in general? I would love to see the tone on other forums, but my guess is that it's even worse. I mean, I honestly think most posters are quite "forgiving" when discussing with rival/other fans.

TheReligion

Abusive
So being a supporter of the team this forum is about should grant you the right to get away with everything? People talk bs and that gets pointed out.

I didn't sign up for this forum because I wanted to set you straight. I joined because I liked the discussions in the football forum. It's only in recent months that many United supporters became straight out unbearable and if you read such irrational and disrespectful stuff, it just irks in your finger tips to correct them.
I think my biggest frustration is the collection of oppo fans who join the forum to WUM. Never understood the attraction and I personally find it quite pathetic. This thread for instance is littered with it. It's a fun transfer speculation thread yet we end up with posts and posts of negativity from people who don't support United yet seemingly have some bizarre desire for the club to fail. Yet they join the forum allegedly for "quality discussion".

Many people are sick of it tbh.

Zehner

Football Statistics Dork
Supports
Bayer 04 Leverkusen
Why would you want to post that on a United forum? And do you expect no bias towards United on our own forum?
Maybe because I was provoked and want to get back at you? I thought banter like that is funny and German posters just don't get the irony behind that?

Womp

idiot
I don't think Dortmund are willing to negotiate, as they don't need the funds, but would be willing to sell him if their valuation was met. Isn't that the whole part as using and intermediaries and refusing to communicate with us themselves, to discourage negotiation? Basically a, pay what we want, or feck off.

Compton22

Knows that he knows nothing.
Why do they do this? Are there any benefits of doing this through a third party? It seems weird in my opinion, and I don't see how any side benefits from it.
Unless they're purposefully trying to frustrate the deal...

El-Manos

Maybe because I was provoked and want to get back at you? I thought banter like that is funny and German posters just don't get the irony behind that?
You do realise you are posting in the Sancho thread? Can you kindly feck off with your banter to a more appropriate thread please and thanks.

Zehner

Football Statistics Dork
Supports
Bayer 04 Leverkusen
I think my biggest frustration is the collection of oppo fans who join the forum to WUM. Never understood the attraction and I personally find it quite pathetic. This thread for instance is littered with it. It's a fun transfer speculation thread yet we end up with posts and posts of negativity from people who don't support United yet seemingly have some bizarre desire for the club to fail. Yet they join the forum allegedly for "quality discussion".

Many people are sick of it tbh.
No offense but I came across many post of yours in recent weeks and you're quite fast with identifying "WUMs". You've done that multiple times when the poster you called WUM wasn't doing that whatsoever in my opinion.

Random Task

WW Lynchpin
I don't think Dortmund are willing to negotiate, as they don't need the funds, but would be willing to sell him if their valuation was met. Isn't that the whole part as using and intermediaries and refusing to communicate with us themselves, to discourage negotiation? Basically a, pay what we want, or feck off.
It's a seller's market right now and they hold all the cards.

Can you blame them for getting their money's worth?

onemanarmy

No offense but I came across many post of yours in recent weeks and you're quite fast with identifying "WUMs". You've done that multiple times when the poster you called WUM wasn't doing that whatsoever in my opinion.
Maybe not you, but there are quite some German posters on here who were extremely quiet or just signed up to gloat about this transfer. That's just pretty sad.

TheReligion

Abusive
Maybe not in your opinion but as has been said before this is a United forum. It's our place. Yes we can be cnuts but if you don't like it you can go elsewhere. As an oppo guest here you have to have tough skin and know when to keep your mouth shut.

Status
Not open for further replies.