Jadon Sancho| Staying at Dortmund for now

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nou_Camp99

what would Souness do?
Anyone who thinks Romano in particular doesn’t have really solid connections is deluded. He’s first on so many deals.
He's only said United will get him if they pay the fee Dortmund want. Some scoop that. Hahahahaha

RUCK4444

Anyone who thinks Romano in particular doesn’t have really solid connections is deluded. He’s first on so many deals.
What he’s first to isn’t worth a w@nk 99% of the time.

He literally just tweets ‘in talks’ until every journo gets briefed a deal is either on or off, then tweets that as well. Somehow managed to blind thousands of followers doing exactly that.

He didn’t even know Sancho’s actual current contract terms, just like other Journo’s who were blind to it and all assumed he would have a single year left after this summer.
Check his tweets, he’s literally said nothing other than ‘in talks’ and this whole thread centres around him :rolleyes:

BluesJr

Owns the moral low ground
Extremely reliable that they didn't even know about Sancho's new contract? If they had any inside info on this deal they'd have known about it for sure. This Fabrizio Romano guy is just the new Di Marzio. Eventually he got loads of stuff wrong too and nobody hardly mentions him these days. Funny that.....
It isn’t a new contract ffs it was a pay rise a year ago and they obviously took up the option they had on the previous deal much like we do with ours.

TrustInJanuzaj

'Liverpool are a proper club'
I have to admit I’ll laugh my head off if we manage to get this over the line with all the absolute shite the Dortmund hierarchy, fans and players have chatted. I’d pay the 120 just to see their faces, smug gits.

Skåre Willoch

Pogba will announce both Sancho and his own contract extension and new shoe line on TikTok tomorrow. It will also be a live stream on Fortnite. And Fall Guys. And MySpace.

Welcome to 2020.

Nou_Camp99

what would Souness do?
It isn’t a new contract ffs it was a pay rise a year ago and they obviously took up the option they had on the previous deal much like we do with ours.
Yet he got a year extension that they didn't know about and have been talking of 2022 contract expiry. So basically they are full of s*** and are toying on fans emotions.

Random Task

WW Lynchpin
I have to admit I’ll laugh my head off if we manage to get this over the line with all the absolute shite the Dortmund, hierarchy, fans and players have chatted. I’d pay the 120 just to see their faces, smug gits.
I'm starting to think that way too.

We just need to get Woody on board and we're on to a winner :)

RUCK4444

That's what makes them reliable... I really don't understand some of you lot, would you rather they bullshit about what's happening for you lot to call them liars, instead? You do realise people can have connections and have knowledge on a situation, without being informed of every little detail, right? They may not have known about the contract extension because that wasn't communicated to them, doesn't mean everything else they've been told is incorrect.
Yes I agree, I wouldn’t want them to fabricate stuff HOWEVER, the whole world knows we are in talks, you don’t have to have a contact at either club or be ITK to know that.

Both clubs have eluded to talks publicly, set deadlines, made briefings. Yet people lap up his confirmation of this like it’s only real when he says so. They are all nonsense talkers imo.

Womp

idiot
Yet he got a year extension that they didn't know about and have been talking of 2022 contract expiry. So basically they are full of s*** and are toying on fans emotions.
You do realise, people can have knowledge on a topic without understanding every specific detail? How is this concept so hard to understand? That may not have been communicated to him for a myriad of reasons. It's not his job to cater to your expectations from a journo. He says what he is communicated, doesn't comment on what he doesn't know, which is why he has remained consistent with his reports. That doesn't discount what he was communicated though.

BluesJr

Owns the moral low ground
If that’s what you want to believe then that’s cool. The rest of us will continue to realise that these situations are fluid and details like Sancho getting a year option taken up a year ago isn’t really a factor in this deal at all. Just Dortmund dick swinging and making themselves appear in control.

roonster09

Hercule Poirot of the scouting world
Scout
Have paid so much fees for Slab head and AWB (Basically the amounts their respective clubs wanted) and set the wrong precedent in the market itself. But why is BVB in the wrong to have a similar stance? Now is not the time to experiment Woody, not a single player is as good as Sancho in a position we need to fulfill ASAP, given Chelsea and Arsenal's acquisitions.
I didn't say BVB are wrong, I said 120 million is fair price.

Nou_Camp99

what would Souness do?
You do realise, people can have knowledge on a topic without understanding every specific detail? How is this concept so hard to understand? That may not have been communicated to him for a myriad of reasons. It's not his job to cater to your expectations from a journo. He says what he is communicated, doesn't comment on what he doesn't know, which is why he has remained consistent with his reports. That doesn't discount what he was communicated though.
He's said that the contract is agreed between the club and player but from Dortmund's stance seems like it's wrong too. The very obvious brief went out last week to our journos that we had no deal with either club or player.

And other than that he's said if United pay the fee Dortmund want then he's ours. WOW! Going out on a limb with a scoop like that isn't he? Hahahahaha

This is what transfers does to people. White smoke appears over the stadium, flight checkers the lot. It's why these guys do what they do. He's got no more idea than you or I. They don't know the ins and outs of every single deal. How could anyone? A lot of it is educated guess work, vague tweets that can be interpreted lots of ways. But people fall for it all the time.

Suedesi

Stating that Manchester United is a 'multibillion company' demonstrates just how little you understand the finances of the club, let alone the impact of covid19. In 2019, our total revenue was €711m. Let alone multi billion, Manchester United does not even turnover 1 billion.

Also, Id like to know what authority or evidence you use to determine that covid impact will be minimal 'barely top in the ocean'.

You should become more educated on this before writing such inaccurate opinions.
I know right. COVID is a global concern, I don't understand how people can assume things will continue as normal when (i) there's no clear date / plan to bring fans to the stands, (ii) disposable incomes across the world will continue to fall as people lose jobs, (iii) commercial revenues will be affected as the first thing to be cut is usually advertising.

NYAS

@Sphaero There are reports that BVB never communicated that there was a deadline to United in negotiations, either through the intermediaries or directly. That United only knew and heard about this deadline through the media. Assuming that is true, wouldn’t you agree that proves the whole big deal about a “deadline” is more a negotiation tactic and looking big and strong for PR, rather than a serious threat? Sure, you would love to have the money early and prepare early and get your replacement in early, but if that were really as important to you as we are being told, why wouldn’t BVB actually tell that to United?

Womp

idiot
He's said that the contract is agreed between the club and player but from Dortmund's stance seems like it's wrong too. The very obvious brief went out last week to our journos that we had no deal with either club or player.

And other than that he's said if United pay the fee Dortmund want then he's ours. WOW! Going out on a limb with a scoop like that isn't he? Hahahahaha

This is what transfers does to people. White smoke appears over the stadium, flight checkers the lot. It's why these guys do what they do. He's got no more idea than you or I. They don't know the ins and outs of every single deal. How could anyone? A lot of it is educated guess work, vague tweets that can be interpreted lots of ways. But people fall for it all the time.
You're just contradicting yourself now. You're using reports from journos, who you've already claimed are all bullshitting, to discount the claims of another journo. He's maintained the whole time, that we had agreed personal terms and Sancho wanted to come but there was no agreement with Dortmund. He only kept repeating the same shit over and over because he would get bombarded all fecking day by United fans desperate for an update when in reality, there wasn't one.

He can't update you when 1. there is no updates to report or 2. he hasn't been communicated those updates. The only reason people like 'you and I' even know we are in for Sancho is because of people like Fab, so no, I wouldn't say we know as much as they do.

None of that means that he is a psychic who will know every detail about every transfer.

Donald Silverbridge

I'm getting pissed off by this saga now, Just pay the fecking money, It pisses me off that we have to drag our transfers, It's annoying to be honest.

Judas

Open to offers
I think the more energy you put into this the more likely you are to get wound up. I'm relaxed, its obvious it'll happen, just probably going to drag a bit. I advise those easily angered or gullible to just log off for a bit.

RUCK4444

I'm getting pissed off by this saga now, Just pay the fecking money, It pisses me off that we have to drag our transfers, It's annoying to be honest.
It’s not taking longer than required, Chelsea are still working on Havertz for example, this will be the biggest transfer of this window, every reason for it to take longer than others.

And this one has a way to go yet, that’s for sure.

Squeaky Bumtime

I think the more energy you put into this the more likely you are to get wound up. I'm relaxed, its obvious it'll happen, just probably going to drag a bit. I advise those easily angered or gullible to just log off for a bit.
Man I believe you, don't let me down.

Teja

Maybe we'll take a page out of Madrid's book and let this saga play out until the next transfer window. Depends how confident we feel about Sancho's mind being set on United and not turned by Pool / Madrid / Barca etc. next year.

Status
Not open for further replies.