Jadon Sancho| Staying at Dortmund for now

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bojan11

This will be done. I’m confident we just waiting for the Europa to end without any side distractions to make any new signings.

We have a lot of time to get it over the line.

mazhar13

Kermit Inc. 2022
Scout
The initial figures and our insistence on add-ons are the issue though, right? I would be very surprised to see us be able to pay what they want is all. I genuinely do hope I'm wrong, but this pandemic is very unfortunate timing to me.

Only chance I see this happening is making Sancho push for a move, but that doesn't seem to be possible.
Yeah, we'll see if we can reach a compromise via the agents. I think we're trying to start off very low and are happy to negotiate a deal that'd be more favourable for them. Dortmund's agents, however, are slow in their responses, and I think that's down to the fact that Dortmund have started their pre-season and have Sancho in their plans.

Womp

idiot
Yeah, we'll see if we can reach a compromise via the agents. I think we're trying to start off very low and are happy to negotiate a deal that'd be more favourable for them. Dortmund's agents, however, are slow in their responses, and I think that's down to the fact that Dortmund have started their pre-season and have Sancho in their plans.
I agree with the bolded part, my assumption always was that they would prefer not to sell, but due to an agreement with Sancho, would let him go if their valuation was met. It's just a very tall ask in this market, is all. I'd be very impressed with Woodward and the negotiating team if they managed to get this over the line.

If not, we go for Ousmane and use the remaining money to strengthen the other areas of the squad and we move :devil:

sewey89

Incorrectly predicted the de Jong transfer 2022
I think they’re trying to push Sancho to put a transfer request in. That is how Dortmund save face. “We didn’t want to sell but we don’t keep unhappy players”

Would fit the bill of the public statement that they seemingly want Sancho to release.

I genuinely think they need the money and want to sell

mazhar13

Kermit Inc. 2022
Scout
I agree with the bolded part, my assumption always was that they would prefer not to sell, but due to an agreement with Sancho, would let him go if their valuation was met.
The fact that we agreed on Sancho meant that Dortmund were open to selling him. If they weren't, they wouldn't have allowed us to negotiate with Sancho in the first place. Their problem is that they don't want to lose out on any bit of value that Sancho has given his importance to the team.

Amarsdd

I think they’re trying to push Sancho to put a transfer request in. That is how Dortmund save face. “We didn’t want to sell but we don’t keep unhappy players”

Would fit the bill of the public statement that they seemingly want Sancho to release.

I genuinely think they need the money and want to sell
and save few millions in loyalty bonus as well.

Random Task

WW Lynchpin
Even if he does it’s with a gun to his head in some pre arranged presser. He won’t just instagram himself saying the rumours are bollocks, I’m going no where
I don't see why not. I mean, if he is fully committed to staying at Dortmund for the foreseeable future, what's preventing him from saying so?

Womp

idiot
The fact that we agreed on Sancho meant that Dortmund were open to selling him. If they weren't, they wouldn't have allowed us to negotiate with Sancho in the first place. Their problem is that they don't want to lose out on any bit of value that Sancho has given his importance to the team.
It's a clash here though. Dortmund's business approach requires them to be very proactive, we are a team that's generally notorious for dragging negotiations on. They've now started their preparation for the new season, the longer this goes on, the less they're going to be inclined to selling him, if they have any at all.

It just seems so odd to me for them to keep doubling down on how he's staying, if they were still open to him leaving. As I've said before, it goes against everything they're trying to portray themselves as. Only thing I can think of is as some other posters mentioned, putting the incentive on Sancho to push for the move, so they can justify it as not keeping a player who doesn't want to be there.

Abdullah7

Wallahy! you couldn't mock a better Pogback transfer. to get > Big Player you need > Big Money + a lot of details. We're not going for the Zahas and Adamas we're talking top of the crop.

I remember Marrotta's blabbing all summer the Pogba's staying, they don't need the money and that they can offer him a much better contract. Matter fact I remember Pirlo coming out arguing that it's stupid for Paul to go back and that he doesn't see it happening. typical last resort for selling clubs to save face in front of their own fans.

Muppetray experience can be usefull in these times. :D

as soon as I see something coming from the BvB camp. I Relax veteran muppets.The more the better. let's keep it toasty.

Last edited:

mazhar13

Kermit Inc. 2022
Scout
It just seems so odd to me for them to keep doubling down on how he's staying, if they were still open to him leaving. As I've said before, it goes against everything they're trying to portray themselves as. Only thing I can think of is as some other posters mentioned, putting the incentive on Sancho to push for the move, so they can justify it as not keeping a player who doesn't want to be there.
Now that pre-season has started, they don't want to lose Sancho. They'd have been okay with losing him before pre-season as that'd have given them time to get a replacement or two in. Because we didn't give them what they wanted, however, they are doubling down to put pressure on Sancho and United. I'm guessing they can save up on some loyalty fee that they're paying Sancho at this time if a formal transfer request comes up.

VanGaalEra

Wallahy! you couldn't mock a better Pogback transfer. to get > Big Player you need > Big Money + a lot of details. We're not going for the Zahas and Adamas we're talking top of the crop.

I remember Marrotta's blabbing all summer the Pogba's stying, they don't need the money and taht they can offer him a much better contractc. Matter fact I remember Pirlo coming out arguing that it's stupid for Paul to go back and that he doesn't see it happining. typical last resort for selling clubs to save face in front of their own fans.

Muppetray experience can be usefull in these times. :D

as soon as I see somthing coming from the BvB camp. I Relax veteran muppets.The more the better. let's keep it toasty.
I like the general gist of your post muppet, but couple bits have me confused

ChaddyP

Even if he does it’s with a gun to his head in some pre arranged presser. He won’t just instagram himself saying the rumours are bollocks, I’m going no where

The rest of his team have come out saying how happy they are that he's staying he could do the same. Yet... Nothing

Nick Lowe

He very clearly wants the move but I think he has too much respect for Dortmund to come out and make things difficult for them and probably rightly so
He is quite understandably hedging his bets.

Hernandez - BFA

The Way to Fly
This is the type of thing that IF this is a go-er, this will be dead for a couple of weeks and then be revamped then. Mexican stand off with unfortunately the power very much on Dortmund’s side.

Abdullah7

I like the general gist of your post muppet, but couple bits have me confused
Excuse me as English isn't my first language. My inner Muppet couldn't take it any longer. what matters is that you get it bud.

*Mind the spelling mistakes I rush wrote most of it :houllier:

Baxter

Until we start hearing from the usual sources that we didn’t actually want him or the agent wanted too much and they’ve been told to jog on, this is still on.

DJ_21

Evens winner of 'Odds or Evens 2022/2023'
Say he stays at Dortmund for another year, it will give us a chance to see if he can perform at a top level consistently but if he does then Dortmund will probably want more then what there asking for now right?..

Hester_manc

I think, this one is lost...for now. I can´t see Dortmund wanting to lose faces and sell him, unless United pays, what they want.

Bojan Djordjic

Why not? He seems in a very similar scenario to me as Robben was at Madrid in 2009. I could imagine a lot of people saying not to sign him in 09 and now retrospectively we should have done.
At the same time, the fact that Robben stands out in a sea of transfers as the obvious example of an injury prone player that went on to have a strong late career also hints at something. These examples are rare as hens teeth.

Status
Not open for further replies.