Jadon Sancho| Staying at Dortmund for now

Status
Not open for further replies.

Womp

idiot
Why? He's homesick and always said he wants to go back to England to play his football. He wouldn't go to Spain
Liverpool may well be interested if their finances improve, so too Chelsea potentially. That's assuming he will only come to England, which I doubt tbh.

Prodigal7

How sure are we that Dortmund are putting this out? It could be a fabrication by AS as well. AS is a spanish paper aye?
yeah exactly. AS fabricate a tonne of pro Spanish club and anti-English club (mostly United) stories. Same with Mundo and Marca.

The Man Himself

asked for a tagline change and all I got was this.
:lol: is it Dortmund brief about Real Madrid and Barcelona interest? I don't think they are that stupid to think anyone will believe it, especially this summer. Next summer might be different story.

Red Company

Supports
The Peaky Blinders
Borussia Dortmund Annual Report 2019
Borussia Dortmund Q3 Report 2020

Key numbers
Cash reserves 31 Mars 2020 = €18,78m
Cash reserves 31 Mars 2019 = €55,86m
Revolving credit 31 Mars 2020 = €60m

EBIT Q3 = €2.01m (minus €28m from 2018)
EBIT Q1 - Q3 = €7,39m

Net transfer income Q1 - Q3 = €38,98m (Q1-Q3 2019 = €77,22m)
Trade Payables 31 Mars 2020 = €98m (31 Mars 2019 = €60,6m)
Total Trade Payables = €139m

My comments
After reading two annual reports and the latest Q3 2020 report I can easily say that Borussia Dortmund (BD) is a very well managed club with a profitable business plan that make them competitive on highest international level. Buying players cheap and selling with profit is part of their business plan.
But COVID had changed the landscape. In their own words "they are hit hard by COVID and that will affect their future plans".

Sooner or later BD needs fresh cash, probably from player sales or using their revolving credit. Selling Sancho is a easy way to solve their problems and prepare for future financial losses. Keeping Sancho could benefit them short term but long term it will decrease his value. The million dollar question is when is the optimal date to sell him?

At this moment nobody can pay €120m in one installament. Probably not even in two intallament. From what I can see the maximun that Manchester United can pay in 2020 is in the region of €60 - 80M. Above €80m will come with significant short term risk in todays financial climate. From my perspective a package of €60M/€30m/€20m in three years installament is a very good deal for both clubs. BD get close their valuation and MU can afford the deal. If BD wait another season the value of Sancho can easily drop significant because of COVID, only two years left of the contract and if the player dont perform next season to expectations.

My best guess is that BD will sell Sancho soon rather then later if the total offer is close to €120m. Manchester Unted can probably only buy if they can pay the fee in three sensible installments. But as usual future will tell.
Thanks for all this info mate! Much appreciated.

Anyone else think that Utd would be more flexible on aspects of this deal if Dortmund were willing to ditch the intermediaries.
Not necessarily. We look interested still and we can only ever be as flexible as Dortmund are willing to accept. They will have this information relayed via their intermediaries if needed.

I think for starters our offer needs to reach up or close to 120m. Currently we don’t seem to have offered that aggregate amount. With or without instalments.

im not talking about Judge. I’m talking about footballing/transfer/budget/contract decisions but since judge arrived we sanctioned Sanchez’s deal and then let him go for free with 2 years left and we gave away miki so about 100 million all in?...We gave Jose a huge new contract only to not back him and pay him 20 million to leave a few months later, we then went back for Maguire a year later for 20 million more than we would have had to pay while Jose was here.... Signed Jones Lingard and Mata up to new deals that make them impossible to move on. DDG highest paid keeper in the world and rumours Henderson is going to be paid as much as other top keepers out there to go out on loan again. Pogba yet to sign a new deal and god knows how all that will turn out over the next few seasons. There’s so much more. When are people going to realise that this “team” is poor when it comes to this stuff. What more evidence do people need?

Bruno? Could have got him in the summer for the same money and not left ourselves short. Looking at Josh king in the jan window after leaving our manager with one striker for a whole seasons worth of football. AWB- Keeping Zahas sell on clause was good business but we probably could have got as effective a RB for much less. It’s just still so all over the place. How fans have any confidence in these people is beyond me. I’m not saying the club isn’t or hasn’t spent enough money. They’ve spent plenty. It’s the idiots they’ve left in charge of the decisions that could have built an amazing team with all the money they’ve wasted. The rest of the world can see that and you expect other clubs to respect them because they have some money an economics degree and a bit of an attitude? Please. Dortmund are run far better than we have been that’s why we lost out on haaland and Bellingham to them and they gave us the runaround on sancho. They knew united would mess about on the price/deal for ages and try and make themselves look good so they sent agents with a firm price instead of meeting up face to face. If this was the Utd of old we’d have snapped those lads up no hassle but players want to wait and see if we can sort out the future of the club before coming here and it’s still a bit of a mess yet we are expecting players to hand in transfer requests to join us?

We are on the up after Bruno signed and Greenwood came through but If anything happens to either and results get patchy we are back to calling for Woodward’s head in a month.
Good post. However I don’t think we could’ve gotten a better FB than AWB for less than 50m. He’s a damn good defender and I’m so happy we signed him. There’s room for improvement on his offensive game but that’s okay. He’ll get better.

Sure they are :lol: :lol: :lol:

hubbuh

Won’t he sell for more or less the same sort of price next year anyway? If we can get 6/7+ world class years out of him £108m will be a bargain!

sewey89

Incorrectly predicted the de Jong transfer 2022
Ok.. I went back into the Maguire and Bruno threads and they're very similar to this one.

Interest.. quickly followed by close.. by very close... by silence.. by muppet suicide.. by done.

We're in the muppet suicide part.

Also, the Bruno deal was wrapped up very quickly after Barcelona were apparently sniffing around him.

The news of Barca/Real being 'interested' only further proves to me that Dortmund are desperate to sell him and this is a ploy to get us to pay up.

KennyBurner

After seeing this tweet I’m off to the dembele thread. See you muppets in a few.

Baxter

It’s quite sad being so desperate for a player that couldn’t care less about coming here.
Even if he does want to join United, do you expect to burn bridges at his current club? They are still a big team and in the Champions League. It doesn’t make sense to me for him to spit the dummy out, when it looks quite uncertain whether United can match the fee Dortmund want. He comes out and slags the club off only for him to have to stay another year. That would be brilliant for the player. :rolleyes:

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
I wouldn't be surprised to find out this tweet was fabricated by a Dortmund representative to put the wind up Woodward and United. Pay the asking price or lose out on him kind of thing.
It's not even that deep, they're using a report from the daily mirror as a source ffs.

Cassidy

No longer at risk of being mistaken for a Scouser

#Watzke : "There is now no more money for transfer fees. If you get 4 million in every game without a spectator. € loses, then you don't have to be a prophet to work out in which direction this is going. There are definitely no big jumps left. " #BVB

Random Task

WW Lynchpin
:lol: is it Dortmund brief about Real Madrid and Barcelona interest? I don't think they are that stupid to think anyone will believe it, especially this summer. Next summer might be different story.

Unless I'm mistaken, we haven't heard a murmur from Barca or Real regarding Sancho, now all of a sudden both are interested in signing him?

Fishy to say the least :lol:

GoldanoGraham

This will all take place from Monday next week, assuming that Lyon are knocked out of the CL by city.

Then the Depay deal can be finalised by Dortmund as the replacement and the Sancho deal will gather pace.

There are clear reasons why Lyon don’t want any discussions interfering with their preparations for the City match, especially distractions for Memphis. The fact that there has been no mention of any of this is a good smokescreen on the Sancho front.

You can be sure that Dortmund will have a number of deals lined up to spend the cash they know they are getting - that’s how they manage to get good priced players without the transfers being played out in the media (unlike us)!

have faith........

saivet

It says for next season, using the Mirror article. It's very clear Madrid or Barca can't afford him this summer. If we miss out on Sancho this window, I think that's our opportunity gone though. He's simply too good a player to consider no-one else being interested.
It seems like both of them are struggling to make any sort of signings this summer. I doubt their financial positions will have improved that drastically to be able to afford Sancho next summer unless they can sell multiple players on big wages for big transfer fees.

SwedishFish

#Watzke : "There is now no more money for transfer fees. If you get 4 million in every game without a spectator. € loses, then you don't have to be a prophet to work out in which direction this is going. There are definitely no big jumps left. " #BVB
Aaaaand there's the escape route. Obviously he needs something to blame if they will sell up, COVID seems like a good option.

red thru&thru

He might want to come in there are no other options. I think most of our ex players have been overtly saying we're the only ones in for him. The point is how much does he want to come. Right now to me it looks like a "if you want to sell me I'll go" and he's not really that bothered.
But if he kicked up a stink, people would berate him and say he has a bad attitude etc etc. The reality is, no one really knows. However, you can be certain that Ole and the team have done their background work and he will want to come.

Remember, AWB at one point stated last year that he was happy at Palace and then ended up at United.

Shaw Mee Tah Mané

Manchester City sold him for less than £10m. When Sancho joined Dortmund, he wasn't a fraction of the player he is now. I don't think your argument is a major consideration for emerging players who want to make it big in the top leagues.

At 17 years, Sancho would have been happy getting game-time in the first team of Dortmund, let alone planning to engineer a move away from the club in a few years' time.
Of course Sancho was happy getting game time when he first signed. But he would do like Haaland did and demand some sort of fair buyout clause when he re-negotiated his contract if he knew £100m wouldnt be enough to let him go.

theklr

Aaaaand there's the escape route. Obviously he needs something to blame if they will sell up, COVID seems like a good option.
In normal circumstances it could just be a ploy to get a discount for whatever signings they are looking at , but its too coincidental to not have something to do with JadON

sewey89

Incorrectly predicted the de Jong transfer 2022
So we didn't jump to their fictional deadline. We've not panicked when they've said he's staying. So now they're saying they're skint and giving themselves the out to sell him at a lower price.

We're getting fecking Sancho for 50m lads.

Praise be to Matt Judge.

do.ob

Supports
Borussia Dortmund
"Sorry Fans, when we said that he's not leaving under any circumstances we kinda forgot about this Corona thingy, so now we're selling after all".

Am I doing it right?

Giggsyking

Watch us eat our fingers when we see him join another club and probably a rival and doing wonders. The fecking Glazers are the worst thing to happen to united since the plane crash.

TrustInOle

So now the big boss has come out with this now.

JadON SanchON :devil:

Adnan

Talent Spotter
"Sorry Fans, when we said that he's not leaving under any circumstances we kinda forgot about this Corona thingy, so now we're selling after all".

Am I doing it right?
You're doing it right mate.. ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.