Jadon Sancho| Staying at Dortmund for now

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Don

Metrosexual Candy Shagger
Dayman, ahhhahhhahh, fighter of the nightman
Quite something that it's been Just under an hour since the last post in this thread.

Nonetheless he is shockingly overpriced for his ability.
Slightly, not shockingly. He's already one of the best RWs in world football. He's got another 10yrs ahead of him. If we had to spend over £80m on RW, he'd be first choice. I think he'd have a similar impact to Bruno, so should be roughly the same price but then you have to factor in age and English player tax.

sewey89

Incorrectly predicted the de Jong transfer 2022
In case there was any doubt that he wasn’t still with Dortmund due to his London picture.. he’s just confirmed he’s still with them because he’s put a video of Haaland on his instagram story

macheda14

5 pages today? Never a good sign.
5 pages but I’d say the most promising (still not promising at all) progress in a few days. Sancho training on his own for a second day running, and Ducker a usual United mouthpiece seems to be running a story about how if United overspent it would be worth it.

peridigm

Someone enlighten me. Whats the differnce between telling your manager you want to leave and handing in a transfer request. Like do you have any kind of law behind you to get you out if you hand in a request?
Probably clauses in the contract. Hands in transfer request, forfeit bonuses etc.

BootsyCollins

Probably clauses in the contract. Hands in transfer request, forfeit bonuses etc.
Do you mean like hand in a request we promies to sell you but you loose your bonuses?
what i am trying to figure out is what is the upside for a player to :
A: hand in a transfer request
Compared to ::
B: just saying you want to leave.

If the only difference is in alternative a you loose money, then why do any player do it?

mazhar13

Kermit Inc. 2022
Scout
Do you mean like hand in a request we promies to sell you but you loose your bonuses?
what i am trying to figure out is what is the upside for a player to :
A: hand in a transfer request
Compared to ::
B: just saying you want to leave.

If the only difference is in alternative a you loose money, then why do any player do it?
The club would start taking in offers from interested clubs as well. If a player doesn't hand in a transfer request, the club can easily reject all offers for the player.

Amarsdd

Ok thanks.
you know if they are forced to do so, or just find it the best solution?
just as the best solution to not keep a player thats unhappy there. But clubs can simply reject the request and reject all offers. But transfer requests happen rarely as its done publicly in extreme cases when club doesn't listen to the player privately or the player has some big grievances with the club.

peridigm

He could be doing more though - tweets about United etc.
The minute he hands in a transfer request then that means United have to pay what Dortmund want. United don’t want it to go to that level. At this point United are still trying to sign him for less than the reported asking price. Granted, we’ll probably end up paying the original asking price but would be best if it doesn’t get to the transfer request stage.

mazhar13

Kermit Inc. 2022
Scout
Ok thanks.
you know if they are forced to do so, or just find it the best solution?
If it's a formal transfer request, then it'd depend on the contract terms whether they'd be forced or not. For the most part, players don't typically put in terms like that, so a transfer request would be the equivalent of a player telling their boss, "I want to leave." Still, a club wouldn't want to keep a player who wouldn't want to play for them on their books, so they'd typically let them go.

BootsyCollins

just as the best solution to not keep a player thats unhappy there. But clubs can simply reject the request and reject all offers. But transfer requests happen rarely as its done publicly in extreme cases when club doesn't listen to the player privately or the player has some big grievances with the club.
If it's a formal transfer request, then it'd depend on the contract terms whether they'd be forced or not. For the most part, players don't typically put in terms like that, so a transfer request would be the equivalent of a player telling their boss, "I want to leave." Still, a club wouldn't want to keep a player who wouldn't want to play for them on their books, so they'd typically let them go.
Thanks guys for answearing my drunken thoughts

Random Task

WW Lynchpin
The club would start taking in offers from interested clubs as well. If a player doesn't hand in a transfer request, the club can easily reject all offers for the player.
The players' reputation takes a hit too.

I mean, any contract with a future employer is essentially worthless when you've proven you'll hand in a transfer request to force a move if you feel the need. How can you be trusted to honour a contract after that?

mazhar13

Kermit Inc. 2022
Scout
The players' reputation takes a hit too.

I mean, any contract with a future employer is essentially worthless when you've proven you'll hand in a transfer request to force a move if you feel the need. How can you be trusted to honour a contract after that?
In some cases, yeah, it'd make a player look worse, but if a player joins a club that they want to be in, then it doesn't really matter, does it? Maguire did something like that when he informed Leceister of his desire to join us, and it's not like he's looked worse off after that.

Random Task

WW Lynchpin
In some cases, yeah, it'd make a player look worse, but if a player joins a club that they want to be in, then it doesn't really matter, does it? Maguire did something like that when he informed Leceister of his desire to join us, and it's not like he's looked worse off after that.
I think Maguire expressed his desire to join United to the Leicester hierarchy, but I don't think it was a transfer request in a formal sense. The details of that transfer are hazy, admittedly, so I could be mistaken.

In any case, a player handing in a transfer request just seems a shitty thing to do unless they have a legitimate grievance with the club they're currently under contract with, and as far as I am aware, that is not the case for Sancho.

We'll get him eventually. If not this summer, then the following one. Sancho just needs to be patient.

Status
Not open for further replies.