Jadon Sancho | First player in Bundesliga history to score 25 goals before his 20th birthday

AltiUn

likes playing with swords after fantasies
No-one's saying Klopp wouldn't want him, he'd just be dumb for going there because he's realistically going to get nowhere near the gametime he would elsewhere.

Powderfinger

Supports
Arsenal
I can't see Sancho choosing to go to a club where he won't be a nailed on starter. If Liverpool sell Salah then sure. But he isn't going to voluntarily go somewhere just to sit on the bench and play cup games.

Real Madrid (if they don't get Mbappe) remains the most likely destination in my view.

.mica

Supports
Dortmund
No-one's saying Klopp wouldn't want him, he'd just be dumb for going there because he's realistically going to get nowhere near the gametime he would elsewhere.
This is a, sorry, stupid suggestion. As if a player with his skills and ambititions would only join some club with "guaranteed" gametime. Sorry, but in the best clubs it is like it is, you want to play with the best, you have to compete with the best. And its not unrealistic that he is better than lets say Firmino. And what i also wanted to say: Klopp needs some players to rotate. He struggles with the fact that there are only 3 for the front, its 2020 you do need some more players you can rely on if you want to win something big. So you would get gametime. And if you play like you have played the last years, there will be a great chance that Firmino has to learn some skills from you so that he gains some gametime back.

If your suggestion would be the case, Sancho wouldn't have become a footballer in the first place. And also it seems that some forget that at Dortmund nobody has "guaranteed" game time either. We are no Kindergarden.

Last edited:

Classnordic

Yes obviously, but hes not gonna be bought for 100 mill and sat on the bench.

AltiUn

This is a, sorry, stupid suggestion. As if a player with his skills and ambititions would only join some club with "guaranteed" gametime. Sorry, but in the best clubs it is like it is, you want to play with the best, you have to compete with the best. And its not unrealistic that he is better than lets say Firmino. And what i also wanted to say: Klopp needs some players to rotate. He struggles with the fact that there are only 3 for the front, its 2020 you do need some more players you can rely on if you want to win something big. So you would get gametime. And if you play like you have played the last years, there will be a great chance that Firmino has to learn some skills from you so that he gains some gametime back.

If your suggestion would be the case, Sancho wouldn't have become a footballer in the first place. And also it seems that some forget that at Dortmund nobody has "guaranteed" game time either. We are no Kindergarden.
That's not really what I'm saying, I'm saying that he has far better options at CL clubs where he doesn't have two of the best wingers in the world ahead of him, neither of whom he's capable of benching for the foreseeable future as they're both in their prime. It's certainly unrealistic to say he's better than Firmino, it's ludicruous to suggest otherwise, plus Firmino is the striker anyway who Sancho isn't going to be competing with. You keep harping on about how Klopp rotates but no clubs can keep squad harmony rotating 3 wingers with values over £100m, if Salah or Mane were in their mid 30s then yeah, maybe I could see it happening, but they aren't. Look at City for example, they have 3 excellent wingers, aged 25, 24 and 28, and they're struggling to keep all 3happy, to the point Sane wants to leave and join Bayern. Besides, Liverpool have just signed another winger (Minamino) to add to their rotation options alongside Origi and Shaqiri.

Sancho's reason for joining Dortmund was, in Guardiola's words, because he wasn't up to the challenge at breaking into the City team, hardly ludicruous to suggest he'd prioritise gametime on his next move as well. As good as he is, Sancho isn't good enough to bench any of Liverpool's front 3 and, unless he becomes the undisputed best winger in the world, he's unlikely to do so in the next few years either.

Yes obviously, but hes not gonna be bought for 100 mill and sat on the bench.
Which of Salah and Mane is losing their place to him then?

JNicholas

Supports
Arsenal
We have 6 months to get our shit together and prove to Sancho we’re for him.
Sancho coming to United are slim to none. He's a London boy at heart, he'll be at Chelsea or Arsenal if they can cough up the money.

.mica

Supports
Dortmund
As good as he is, Sancho isn't good enough to bench any of Liverpool's front 3 and, unless he becomes the undisputed best winger in the world, he's unlikely to do so in the next few years either.
I disagree. As if only footballers move when they get guaruanteed gametime.
And to your question which of is losing their place to him? My point is, there is no "place" to loose. They need and more so in the future will need some depth. And at this step Sancho is going to take, there are no teams left where you get a position cause until your arrivel there is only shit. He will go to one of the best teams in the world. And this teams are stuck with quality either way. Plus: it also could happen that they sell one of their current 3 upfront.
I don't get this point "a player is only going to somewhere where he will play 100% every game", this is absolutely nonsense. Its a fairytale told here around posters to avoid facing the truth: United is in nowhere near postion to sign him, and your fiercest rivals are. Cause they made a great progress and they will take Sancho if its possible, cause he is a freakish great attacking footballer, and there is a big chance that Sancho will choose them. Cause they got a concept, they play great football, the system fits him, they struggle with only 3 players for the front with class, the Dortmund-Liverpool connection through Klopp and so on.

AltiUn

Sancho coming to United are slim to none. He's a London boy at heart, he'll be at Chelsea or Arsenal if they can cough up the money.
In your dreams, didn't Arsenal spend £80m on a RW in the summer just gone anyway? :lol:

Redo91

In the pole-position there are still:
-Liverpool
-Real Madrid

Anyone who thinks Liverpool would't want him or it makes no sense whatsoever cause Salah,Mane, Firmino..., should have in mind that Klopps System urgently needs some players you can rotate. There is a point in Kloops work, where the pressing system lacks some intensity and the whole effect is going down and even his world-class motivation doesn't get this back. I suggest that you do some research about his years at Dortmund and the development there.
And this point would be exactly this summer. Klopp has intalled his system, everybody there now knows what to do and when, and now you can build a deeper squad with no downfall in quality even after the first choices.
Klopps repeating of how less time and how much games there are in the PL is underlining that. Sancho would be a perfect player and would fit into that puzzle perfectly. His skills are excelent for a Klopp-system. And United fans thinking that Sancho at Liverpool makes no sense should be aware of that they propably will wake up and realize that this was all fantasy land. The best english prospect playing in the best and still developing english team, a player who fits into a pressing and fast attacking system plays in exactly that, this all doesn't sound like a mystery, does it?
I think you’re living in a fantasy land if you think Sancho will sign for Liverpool as a rotation option. They would have to smash their transfer record to get him so unless one of the front three leaves they are not going to do that for someone that wouldn’t be one of the first names on the team sheet.

Also from Sancho’s point of view he won’t want to go somewhere which has so much competition. All players will want guarantees of regular game time. Why do you think Haaland went to Dortmund? Or why can’t Spurs sign a quality striker to be back-up to Kane? Also why is there such a drop off from Liverpool’s front three to their replacements?

You can talk all you want about him wanting to play with the best and challenge himself but the reality is that like any player the last thing he will want to do is sign for a club and not get the sort of game time he is currently getting at Dortmund. That’s why unless one of the front three go I see them as non-runners.

roonster09

Hercule Poirot of the scouting world
Scout
Sancho being first choice or rotational option at Liverpool is secondary, first thing is will they break their wage structure and offer him more than 300K per week, which is what he will be looking at going the demand for the player.

If they do, how much unrest it will cause in the dressing room as better players like Mane, Salah, VVD will be earning close to 50% less than Sancho.

Obviously Liverpool are in good position to sign him, they might have to start handing out contracts to many key players if they sign Sancho.

Dumbstar

We got another woman hater here.
Supports
Liverpool
Exactly. The main question is, is Sancho ready to come sit on the bench for a lot less salary? If not, see ya. We'll sign some unknown that Klopp will turn into a Balon D'Or nominee.

Rozay

Master of Hindsight
Everyone keeps saying that over and over in the hope they will actually believe it.

He won’t be a £120m squad player.

Rozay

Master of Hindsight
Yet he seems to be getting further and further away from London with every transfer move he has made since he was 15.

TheReligion

Abusive
Who is going to spend £100+ million for a rotating squad player? The very thought is farcical. Not only that the player will expect and want first team.

Whoever signs him will need the money and the promise of first team football.

TheReligion

Abusive
Probably never. But then Liverpool have never been this machine before and you jump at the chance of joining a galacticos team when it comes along once a generation.
You don't have a galacticos team :lol:

You just drew with Shrewsbury Town.

You have a good team yes and some excellent players but if you genuinely think you are a galacticos team you either don't know the meaning or are deluded!

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off
In the pole-position there are still:
-Liverpool
-Real Madrid

Anyone who thinks Liverpool would't want him or it makes no sense whatsoever cause Salah,Mane, Firmino..., should have in mind that Klopps System urgently needs some players you can rotate. There is a point in Kloops work, where the pressing system lacks some intensity and the whole effect is going down and even his world-class motivation doesn't get this back. I suggest that you do some research about his years at Dortmund and the development there.
And this point would be exactly this summer. Klopp has intalled his system, everybody there now knows what to do and when, and now you can build a deeper squad with no downfall in quality even after the first choices.
Klopps repeating of how less time and how much games there are in the PL is underlining that. Sancho would be a perfect player and would fit into that puzzle perfectly. His skills are excelent for a Klopp-system. And United fans thinking that Sancho at Liverpool makes no sense should be aware of that they propably will wake up and realize that this was all fantasy land. The best english prospect playing in the best and still developing english team, a player who fits into a pressing and fast attacking system plays in exactly that, this all doesn't sound like a mystery, does it?
Liverpool are in pole position or you want him to play under Klopp? They have no need to spend 140 million pound on a rotational player.

AltiUn

Everyone keeps saying that over and over in the hope they will actually believe it.

He won’t be a £120m squad player.
Which is why they won't sign him at all.

Dumbstar

Supports
Liverpool
You don't have a galacticos team :lol:

You just drew with Shrewsbury Town.

You have a good team yes and some excellent players but if you genuinely think you are a galacticos team you either don't know the meaning or are deluded!
Best team in UK by far : agreed by all on Redcafe

Best team in Europe by far : agreed by all on Redcafe

Best team in the world : sort of don't care attitude on Redcafe

Sensational Galacticos keeper, CB, FB, manager, front two : pretty much agreed on Redcafe

Galacticos team : Dumpstar is blissfully deluded. :drool::drool:

Lynty

I still think it's us or Chelsea. Only one of us is getting top 4.

TheReligion

Abusive
Best team in UK by far : agreed by all on Redcafe

Best team in Europe by far : agreed by all on Redcafe

Best team in the world : sort of don't care attitude on Redcafe

Sensational Galacticos keeper, CB, FB, manager, front two : pretty much agreed on Redcafe

Galacticos team : Dumpstar is blissfully deluded. :drool::drool:
I think you don't understand what a galacticos team is.. it's basically a team assembled by buying the best players in the world. That's kinda not how it went for you is it?

Dumbstar

Supports
Liverpool
I think you don't understand what a galacticos team is.. it's basically a team assembled by buying the best players in the world. That's kinda not how it went for you is it?
So if we released Alison, VvD, Trent, Mane and Salah for free in the summer and then outbid all clubs by spending 1.5 billion (including massive salary hikes obviously, cos you know, galacticos innit) to buy them back, would that help with your stringent criteria? :D

TheReligion

Abusive
So if we released Alison, VvD, Trent, Mane and Salah for free in the summer and then outbid all clubs by spending 1.5 billion (including massive salary hikes obviously, cos you know, galacticos innit) to buy them back, would that help with your stringent criteria? :D
I'm not sure your point? That what galacticos is so yeah. Bit strange you're desperate to call your team that. The criteria isn't stringent. United never had a galacticos team for the same reason. Not sure why you see that as a negative.

Dumbstar

Supports
Liverpool
I'm not sure your point? That what galacticos is so yeah. Bit strange you're desperate to call your team that. The criteria isn't stringent. United never had a galacticos team for the same reason. Not sure why you see that as a negative.
Utd never had a Galacticos because European teams owned your asses throughout Ferguson's career. Even when you won the CL there were teams considered better (Pep's Barca for example). We have no such challengers - as agreed by majority on Redcafe. That's a Galacticos team, but we'll agree to differ.

gormless

Utd never had a Galacticos because European teams owned your asses throughout Ferguson's career. Even when you won the CL there were teams considered better (Pep's Barca for example). We have no such challengers - as agreed by majority on Redcafe. That's a Galacticos team, but we'll agree to differ.
agreed Uniteds record under SAF wasn’t as good as it could have been. However, Utd were definitely best team inEurope year they won the CL. Pep wasn’t even in charge of Barca at the time, and United beat Rijkaards (sp?) on the way to the final. 08 they definitely were. 99, I don’t know but I wouldn’t argue against a treble winning team

TheReligion

Abusive
You mean when we won the CL and knocked out Barca? Okay. Who were the European teams that owned our asses during Fergie era? I assume you know how many finals we made and how many times we won it to make such a statement?

You're right that at the moment that there's a huge transitional period amongst the big teams in Europe so Liverpool and City basically have a free hit. Fair play. Make the most of it.

A galacticos team is one assembled of the best and most expensive players in the world. You need to do your homework.

Bilbo

TeaBaggins
You should be pleased by the idea that you are not considered a Galactico team. For me its not a compliment to be called that.

Bwuk

I can only see Liverpool signing him if they decide to cash in on Salah or Mane and use the £££ on Sancho + 1.