Jadon Sancho | First player in Bundesliga history to score 25 goals before his 20th birthday

LJJT

Speak for yourself. He plays for Dortmund, they're always on tv, if people had honestly not seen much of him thats their own ignorance. I know what I saw and daddy still wants wants.
Did daddy want mikitaryian and kagawa as well? At least they where relatively cheap flops. This one isn’t worth it, no way. Looks shit for England when he plays for them,

drmuji

Did daddy want mikitaryian and kagawa as well? At least they where relatively cheap flops. This one isn’t worth it, no way. Looks shit for England when he plays for them,
I saw him play recently for Roma and my God, he was horrible. I dont know how we paid 35 million for him. He was playing right wing and would float in the center as well but the amount of time he gave away the ball while in great positions was just amazing.

marktan

He's a class player, however he's not as explosive or as finished as someone like Sane and there's noticeable periods where his head seems to dip in matches for Dortmund.

The one biggest question mark I have with him is whether he'd be able to dribble effectively in a more compact and physical premier league.

Not spending £100m on him is probably the right choice given the question marks, but what makes no sense is signing someone who can actually play for our RW instead right now.

hubbuh

Dortmund were charging an exorbitant fee. I wonder if they rue not meeting us halfway. Still would have hit the motherload, now I'm not sure we'll go back. A lot depends on how Diallo does!

Cloud7

You love to see it :D
I'm thoroughly enjoying it :lol: The icing on the cake would be him leaving next summer for a price much below what they wanted this year, because his heart and mind are clearly not at Dortmund anymore

Cloud7

I saw him play recently for Roma and my God, he was horrible. I dont know how we paid 35 million for him. He was playing right wing and would float in the center as well but the amount of time he gave away the ball while in great positions was just amazing.
He was a weird one. He looked so good at Dortmund, but we can't even say that it was just him underperforming at United. He was crap for Arsenal and Roma as well.

DixieDean

Everton Fan
Supports
Everton
I remember taking shit for saying he was overrated. Looks like a few other folk are coming around to it!

NinjaFletch

He was a weird one. He looked so good at Dortmund, but we can't even say that it was just him underperforming at United. He was crap for Arsenal and Roma as well.
He was crap at Dortmund too for large periods.

Chief123

I really think that we should get Ousamane Dembele in Jan on loan. Play 4 3 3, instead of stupid diamond and then get him for 60 million next season (because that's what I believe his true value is)
I doubt Barca will let him go on loan in Jan now. He’s started firing for them!

passing-wind

I think it was abundantly clear throughout the whole summer, really.
I agree the damage was done Dortmund was fair to demand the price they quoted it's their own asset but they surely didn't highlight the negatives in the players attitude / mentality which is only natural as a result of the failed move. I don't recall seeing one positive affirmation to Sancho staying throughout the entire summer nor the period when the window finished. I feel he's head is well and truly gone.

Zehner

Football Statistics Dork
Supports
Bayer 04 Leverkusen
why would it? There's absolutely no guarantee he'll ever end up at Man Utd, in fact it's very likely he won't
Come on, a lot of United fans are antagonizing Dortmund because they didn't want to sell for your price so it's not unreasonable to assume that you want him to be unhappy there. However, there's as much evidence of Sancho being at a different place with his head as of voting fraud during the US election.

JJ12

Predicted Portugal, Italy to win Euro 2016, 2020
Come on, a lot of United fans are antagonizing Dortmund because they didn't want to sell for your price so it's not unreasonable to assume that you want him to be unhappy there. However, there's as much evidence of Sancho being at a different place with his head as of voting fraud during the US election.
Everyone knows he wants to be in England. He’s very much out of form - can’t fault anyone for thinking it.

Lay

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
Nah not that weird. He had one good seasons at Dortmund and was average to shit the other seasons. He’s known as a mental fragile player

DWelbz19

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
Everyone knows he wants to be in England. He’s very much out of form - can’t fault anyone for thinking it.
Must. Defend. The. Integrity. Of. The. Bundesliga

Demyanenko_square_jaw

He's not been crap for Roma so far, i've watched most of his games there as i was curious to see if he would recover at all after a largely poor time in England and he had a few injuries at the start, but after that has been usually good and one of their best players this year. Still has all the same flaws and isn't suddenly going to become a player either club would want back, but has mostly kept a level about on par with his better games for United and Arsenal rather than going missing every other game.

Tonicruise

Supports
FC Bayern
He's still only 20 its only natural for a player of such a young age to have a dip in form. Still think he needs a season or two to develope further and become more consistent in his performances.

drmuji

I am trying to stay away from this US election thing but I get your point. I still feel though that Sancho is no where near the hype that is created. And I feel that it is schadenfreude that I like, him not performing. Maybe deep down inside I feel that if he doesn't perform well - and the no fan situation still persisting - we can get him for cheap next season
I would love to get your opinion as you are neutral with regards to the whole thing

drmuji

He's not been crap for Roma so far, i've watched most of his games there as i was curious to see if he would recover at all after a largely poor time in England and he had a few injuries at the start, but after that has been usually good and one of their best players this year. Still has all the same flaws and isn't suddenly going to become a player either club would want back, but has mostly kept a level about on par with his better games for United and Arsenal rather than going missing every other game.
I have watched a couple of games of Roma and since you seem to have watched more of him so you are in a better position to give a judgement but have you actually noticed that he is technically flawed. I don't know how our scouting network missed that.
I mean he can run with the ball and in Italian league people usually have much more spaces and exploits them well but he can't see a good pass and has to hold and look up everytime he needs to create something. Sometimes he runs 40 yards and then just gives the ball away.

kouroux

45k posts to finally achieve this tagline
5 assists in 5 games for Mkhitaryan, he's been good so far this season. Against Fiorentina, he laid it on a plate for Pedro after a superb movement from Veretout to Dzeko to him.

Dave Smith

Supports
Anything anti-Dipper
Well Harvetz was clearly a better all round player last season and he went for £72m. Sancho for £100m was insane. Be interesting to see how this plays out over the next couple of years.

yumtum

DUX' bumchum
Didn't the Dortmund board come out and say if they don't get €120m this summer then they'll get it next? Doubt he'll be moving anywhere next year either if they play hardball (which they will).

SilentStrike

Supports
Feyenoord
Mkhitaryan was utter shit for Dortmund too except for that season where he also mainly performed well in Europa league

Also the sole reason why Dortmund didn't knock out real during that Marco Reus masterclass in 2014.

RedRonaldo

Wishes to be oppressed.
If he is available next summer again, won't pay him more than 70m

Mo Caine

Supports
United from 1977 until 2007
I remember taking shit for saying he was overrated. Looks like a few other folk are coming around to it!
that's because he's more likely to end up at your cross city neighbours than United

Dave Smith

Supports
Anything anti-Dipper
Yes, Harvetz last season and the season before showed a lot of very high level qualities. Finishing with both feet, timing of runs from midfield, excellent first touch, excellent vision. People are down on him at the moment as he hasn't set the world alight at Chelsea but I think there are mitigating circumstances for him; no pre-season, being played out of his best position (No.8) most of the time, adapting to a new league, needs to improve his strength.

I say give Harvetz 6-12 months and he will be considered a top 5 PL CM.

pascell

More like the typical Caf reactionary posts after most have just seen him play for the first time this season and have a poor game.

He played a brilliant pass to Haaland who should've done better with the cut back. He just didn't, nor has done this season, looked motivated for me.

He's 100% worth more than the €120m they wanted if you've watched enough of him, his talent ceiling is very, very high. Also, when wingers like Nicholas Pepe are going for £75m, Sancho is without a doubt worth the money they wanted.

Someone will get a bargain next summer for sure, no way Dortmund will be asking for the €120m they wanted this summer. Imo, they asked that as they thought we'd be silly enough to pull the trigger and of course we know we didn't as no club can afford that, even though he's worth it. As soon as clubs and finances recover post Covid, he's going to still hold his value at €120m for sure, he'll be top 3 players in 2-3 years imo.