Jadon Sancho | First player in Bundesliga history to score 25 goals before his 20th birthday

sideshow_bob

Supports
Healthy nutrition
Woodward and Glazers should give our managers more support and sign Sancho in the summer. I feel that if we get top four, we will get him over Chelsea. So, champions league is very important.

He is the perfect player for us and will final solve our right attacking problems

DE Gea
AWB -Maguire -Linderlof - Shaw
Mctominay
Bruno - Pogba
Sancho - Martial - Rashford

That team can win champions league
Your entire front 5 prefers cutting in from the left side of the pitch. (Same goes for James of the bench too!)

You don't believe a good team needs balance? Just put a bunch of talents together & presto! UCL won!

You need a left footer that can work that right side of the pitch ala Mahrez, Salah, Ziyech, Bilva. Yes, Sancho can do a pretty decent job on the right, like CR7 at United but you'd be stifling him.

If Sancho were to come here he'd bench both Rashford & Martial for that left attacking spot. And we'd still need a proper striker & for the love of God an out & out right winger finally.

Btw, McTom would suffer in your lineup. He's not positionally disciplined enough to be a DM.

Rozay

Master of Hindsight
Your entire front 5 prefers cutting in from the left side of the pitch. (Same goes for James of the bench too!)

You don't believe a good team needs balance? Just put a bunch of talents together & presto! UCL won!

You need a left footer that can work that right side of the pitch ala Mahrez, Salah, Ziyech, Bilva. Yes, Sancho can do a pretty decent job on the right, like CR7 at United but you'd be stifling him.

If Sancho were to come here he'd bench both Rashford & Martial for that left attacking spot. And we'd still need a proper striker & for the love of God an out & out right winger finally.

Btw, McTom would suffer in your lineup. He's not positionally disciplined enough to be a DM.
Sancho wouldn’t bench Rashford at all if he came.

Amadaeus

Pochémon Fan Club Chairman

Sancho has broken records and played most of his time at Dortmund playing on the right. He will not displace Rashford nor does he have a preference of cutting in from the left side. We also have James who is left footed and Greenwood. They will add another dimension to our attack as super sub, so Sancho is the perfect player.

That team has plenty of balance. I do agree about Mctominay. He is not disciplined enough at the moment to play as the sole cdm. However, I think he will be able to adapt because his strengths are more on the defensive side of the spectrum than the offensive side.

I believe in Martial, but I also believe he need competition. Someone like Jimenez or Moussa Dembele are some of the players we should look at to give him competition

Bebestation

Im a doctor btw, my IQ destroys yours
Sancho has broken records and played most of his time at Dortmund playing on the right. He will not displace Rashford nor does he have a preference of cutting in from the left side. We also have James who is left footed and Greenwood. They will add another dimension to our attack as super sub, so Sancho is the perfect player.

That team has plenty of balance. I do agree about Mctominay. He is not disciplined enough at the moment to play as the sole cdm. However, I think he will be able to adapt because his strengths are more on the defensive side of the spectrum than the offensive side.

I believe in Martial, but I also believe he need competition. Someone like Jimenez or Moussa Dembele are some of the players we should look at to give him competition
James isn't left footed? Greenwood is.

giorno

boob novice
Supports
Real Madrid
Sancho hasn't scored today though. Neither as haaland

DWelbz19

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
Mental stats, man. What a player.

Bondi77

I am really looking forward to seeing him in the Euros and wonder if he will get the RW spot and have Rash and Sterling fight for the LW spot.
I am only guessing but I wonder if the reason why Bayern were going so hard after Hudson was because he was higher rated than Sancho and Sancho was tearing it up at Dortmund.

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
Sancho hasn't scored today though. Neither as haaland
technically sancho did - but the stupid VAR decision over turned it for an off the ball foul.

sanchos best form recently has come from the left wing, bit of an issue If have rashford and him wanting to fight out for it.

Gambit

Desperately wants to be a Muppet
Cracking game last night. Anyone gets the chance to watch it definitely worth it.

The holy trinity 68

The disparager
Augsburg
Koln
Paderborn
Fortuna
Slavia
Mainz
Augsburg
Koln
Union

Goals and assists against them lot isn’t exactly a big achievement. Teams full of farmers and all would be relegated from the PL.

Sancho is great but wouldn’t look as good in the PL, the pace is faster and teams wouldn’t give him as much space in the PL.

Can guarantee he would come to United and wouldn’t look any better than Rashford.

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off
Augsburg
Koln
Paderborn
Fortuna
Slavia
Mainz
Augsburg
Koln
Union

Goals and assists against them lot isn’t exactly a big achievement. Teams full of farmers and all would be relegated from the PL.

Sancho is great but wouldn’t look as good in the PL, the pace is faster and teams wouldn’t give him as much space in the PL.

Can guarantee he would come to United and wouldn’t look any better than Rashford.
It is an achievement for any player and even more so considering his age. You'll notice that he has broken record meaning that other great players haven't done what he did in the same league

And I don't think anybody is going to take a 'guarantee' made by a caf poster seriously given the lack of credentials.

Anyway why are people comparing Sancho and Rashford. They play in different positions. We should be trying to sign Sancho and getting them play together.

Personally I think Sancho is the biggest young attacking talent around. And he's always been my first pick without a shadow of a doubt for this summer. I am less optimisic about our chances now though given our struggles.

Balu

Der Fußballgott
Supports
Bayern Munich
Augsburg
Koln
Paderborn
Fortuna
Slavia
Mainz
Augsburg
Koln
Union

How is the pace in the PL faster than in those crazy Dortmund games, but at the same time much more defensive with less space available? How does that work? I really don't get. Maybe someone need to explain to me what you mean by pace. It certainly can't be the constant switching between defense and attack, high pressing and quick counterattacking with many chances on both sides. Because none of the big leagues has more of that than the Bundesliga. So what is it?

I'm obviously not arguing against the higher quality in the Premier League at the moment or that defending in the Bundesliga has become a bit shit in the last 4-5 years. That's obviously true (and backed up by the increased goals/game average in the Bundesliga) even if you take into account that the Bundesliga has historically always been the most attacking out of the 4 big leagues in Europe just like Serie A was always the most defensive. It's quite disturbing what has happened in the Bundesliga over the last 5 years and all balance between pressing/high defending and deep sitting/well structured defensive shapes has been lost. But surely no one can argue that the pace of the league is at the moment insanely high.

Rozay

Master of Hindsight
Augsburg
Koln
Paderborn
Fortuna
Slavia
Mainz
Augsburg
Koln
Union

Him not looking better than Rashford is fine. Rashford is a superstar! If there are two Rashford’s in the team, great for us.

Infra-red

Last summer was our window of opportunity here - we missed it with the post-February collapse in form keeping us out of the CL places.

He'll have far better options than United this summer.

Zehner

Football Statistics Dork
Supports
Bayer 04 Leverkusen
Was a sensational performance by Sancho yesterday. Incredible player. He's got everything and he really matured in Dortmund. No more easy losses of possession, dribblings in the right moments, incredible football brain (that pre-assist).

I'm completely sure he'll be Mbappe's biggest competitor once Messi, Ronaldo and Neymar retire and personally, I already prefer Sancho.

Fortitude

TV/Monitor Expert
Scout
Said in the transfer thread such upheaval was going to be interesting to see the fallout from.

He's a kid and was assured and prepared for something that didn't happen; mentally, it's not easy to just get on with things like nothing unless you've emotional maturity far beyond what you'd expect your average 20-year-old to have.

He could well slump before picking himself back up again.

People on this site seem to be determined to denigrate him at any opportunity, so no doubt it'll be used as 'proof' he's not 'worth £108m' as the script goes.

Redplane

( . Y . ) planned for Christmas
Said in the transfer thread such upheaval was going to be interesting to see the fallout from.

He's a kid and was assured and prepared for something that didn't happen; mentally, it's not easy to just get on with things like nothing unless you've emotional maturity far beyond what you'd expect your average 20-year-old to have.

People on this site seem to be determined to denigrate him at any opportunity, so no doubt it'll be used as 'proof' he's not 'worth £108m' as the script goes.
Good post. Im sure he'll be fine. I have no ill will towards the lad at all - if anything, if we try again in Jan or next summer then those folks are truly gonna look like proper mugs. Would be thrilled of course though if even if he does still arrive - the team showed by then its not out of desperation.

Ali Dia

Souness's Super Sub/George Weahs Talented Cousin

he was/is worth that much money if maguire is worth 80 and havertz 90 during covid. Dortmund may look and even feel silly to refuse so much money from us for a while but I’d be willing to bet his form will pick up again soon and by next summer they’ll still get 100 give or take and an extra year to plan for his exit. I think him to United is over though unfortunately.

Reapersoul20

Can Anderson score? No.
I mean he can slump all he likes - Dortmund will finish 2nd anyway - about 45pts behind Bayern and 10pts ahead of the pack (except maybe RB Leipzig). Farmers league.

Inigo Montoya

Leave Wayne Rooney alone!!
he was/is worth that much money if maguire is worth 80 and havertz 90 during covid. Dortmund may look and even feel silly to refuse so much money from us for a while but I’d be willing to bet his form will pick up again soon and by next summer they’ll still get 100 give or take and an extra year to plan for his exit. I think him to United is over though unfortunately.
Nothing is over. But we may unearth a player who's better

Stretender

He is not worth that money and he is not a special talent as most people on here think he is. If he was PSG, Barcelona and Madrid would be all over him by now. Apart from Chelsea and Manchester City, those 3 clubs are the only clubs who can spend that kind of money.

City are not in for him for obvious reasons, Chelsea I think Roman would want to know how Harvertz is doing at 90 million before he writes out another cheque north of 90 million.

The reality is Sancho will probably end up at Liverpool for 60 million

Sancho is a good player, but I think the way he plays suits Dortmund style. His move would be a disaster at United, we don't play like Dortmund.

Also not many clubs are lining up to pay the 120 million, so may be a bit of a reality check for Dortmund.

He will eventually leave Dortmund but I doubt it will be for 120 million.

Ali Dia

Souness's Super Sub/George Weahs Talented Cousin
He is not worth that money and he is not a special talent as most people on here think he is. If he was PSG, Barcelona and Madrid would be all over him by now. Apart from Chelsea and Manchester City, those 3 clubs are the only clubs who can spend that kind of money.

City are not in for him for obvious reasons, Chelsea I think Roman would want to know how Harvertz is doing at 90 million before he writes out another cheque north of 90 million.

The reality is Sancho will probably end up at Liverpool for 60 million

Sancho is a good player, but I think the way he plays suits Dortmund style. His move would be a disaster at United, we don't play like Dortmund.

Also not many clubs are lining up to pay the 120 million, so may be a bit of a reality check for Dortmund.

He will eventually leave Dortmund but I doubt it will be for 120 million.
you’re right there are only so many clubs that could pay that much money plus agent fees and the big wages but as far as young attacking talents go Sancho has shown a lot already but he’s obviously not fully developed. He might end up going for less than what Dortmund wanted this summer and maybe we were right to back off at those prices as things stand but if he goes back to his best form it’ll still look Like a fair price again next summer for the most exciting young England player. Less than Dembele who showed less but maybe hinted at an even higher ceiling at the same age. I’m not a fan of mega transfers. The list of the most expensive players should serve as a warning to any club that think just throwing money around without a plan will work.theres plenty of value to be had if you get in early and give the players games and trust. I’d like us to take a look at a few RBL/RBS players. I think there’s value there. Their scouting seems to be on point.

SilentStrike

Supports
Feyenoord
Oh now suddenly Sancho's not special anymore?

Come on guys anyone can see this is seriously one of the biggest talents in world football right now.