Jadon Sancho| Staying at Dortmund for now

Status
Not open for further replies.

laughtersassassin

Such a weird mentality. Why would anyone want this to happen?

I want us to get Sancho, and for less than Dortmund want. Because I'm a Man Utd fan.
I love United. I hate the Glazers and I hate how the club is run. It needs to be exposed. Honestly under them without major changes I don't ever see us getting back to the top.

Jesse > Messi

Got to say I’m still of the mind this gets over the line in the end. It might take an absolute age but as long as it happens in the end I’ll be happy, I’ve invested a lot of emotional energy into this too much for those cnuts running ether club too mess it up now. We need this player it’s plainly obvious for all too see. We’ve needed a natural right sided attacker forever, we paid the asking price with Maguire, we paid it with Fernandes, So they just need to hurry up and cough up the money Dortmund are asking for bc they ain’t going to budge. Why should they from past precedence we always pay the fee in the end

Tincanalley

Turns player names into a crappy conversation
Either this one is done (United have arranged a deal) or Woodward is an even bigger moron than he seems. No way Dortmund sell at the last minute for anything less than 120 and if Utd are offering it, why not just offer it now? We can probably win the league and do well in champions league with Sancho. Without him 4th is a struggle.
I have been saying since he arrived that Woodward is toxic - he is poison to the club. He’s no moron; he’s an expert in certain kinds of deals, apparently, takeovers and the like. But he’s (1) a Glazer puppet, only with pretensions. He (2) thinks he knows about football; and (3) he thinks he is smarter than football people. This combination has cost United dear, and will end up costing the Glazers. Only they are too ignorant and full of themselves to see that.

Woodward briefs bullshit. He undermines managers. He boasts when he should shut up. He’s an embarrassment

WyvernUnited

Is there anyway to put pressure on the owners? Like quit following the official page or something? Anything?

croadyman

Got to say I’m still of the mind this gets over the line in the end. It might take an absolute age but as long as it happens in the end I’ll be happy, I’ve invested a lot of emotional energy into this too much for those cnuts running ether club too mess it up now and we need this player it’s plainly obvious for all too see. We’ve needed a natural right sided attacker forever, we paid the asking price with Maguire, we paid it with Fernandes, So they just need to hurry up and cough up the money Dortmund are asking for bc they ain’t going to budge. Why should they from past precedence we always pay the fee in the end
Yeah starting to get the impression there was a lot of truth in the reports that Utd needed to sell in order to buy, initially I thought this just applied to players outside of Sancho but wouldn't surprise me if this also applies to raising money for him as well

Coops73

Let me get this straight.... United want to lowball till the last minute, then expect Dortmund to sell an asset they don't need to sell this very moment without giving them time to buy a replacement. And the club or "a source" has briefed Mr Ian McGarry of the uh, Transfer Window Podcast, to broadcast this information in public?
If you’ve ever listened to that fecking tepid pair of sweatys you’ll know to take their utter bollocks with more salt than is floating in the Dead Sea.

Last edited:

Infra-red

Yeah starting to get the impression there was a lot of truth in the reports that Utd needed to sell in order to buy, initially I thought this just applied to players outside of Sancho but wouldn't surprise me if this also applies to raising money for him as well
A few people on here did try to warn others that United's financials did not make for pretty reading. They were largely drowned out in a sea of muppetry. Our big spending days are behind us. Unfortunately, we mostly squandered our advantage in that regard.

Jesse > Messi

I’m of the mind to agree with you tbh, I know with Sanchez’s wages of the books there saving a sizeable chunk on wages for the next season but I can imagine the money we would raise from the Smalling sale to Roma is much needed. Corona has hit the club hard and it wasn’t it the soundest of financial state before this all happened, with that said I just can’t see how the club would of briefed about personal terms and fees having been agreed last week and how this had been the major stumbling block up to that point and not have the money to carry through on this; These are complicated deals always are with so much money involved and with all that said I think the club is right to say that no player is worth £108m up front in these uncertain times but BvB are entitled to want the best price for a highly saleable asset also.

Dempsey19

Us waiting till the last week of the window is utter bull. We happily let him play for Dortmund and potentially get badly injured in a freak tackle or something?? Im not believing it , this is dead in the water.

RUCK4444

Just speculation to get on the Sancho bandwagon from this new guy. No way we are leaving our only primary target and try to sign him in the last week of the window.
And the view that Dortmund is going to cave in is absolutely unfounded, all evidence suggests the contrary.

In most of these situations the player has to express some desire or unhappiness but no sign of that till now.

Very probable we'll end up with Costa/ Perisic and worst case if the club has gone bonkers, probably no one
Absolutely no chance we go for a last minute obvious back up option for Sancho imo.

Ole won’t waste money on players who don’t fit his recruitment model.

Roboc7

I find Sancho speculation so dull and predictable, it’s been ongoing for at least 18 months now and will carry on as soon as this window shuts just as it did at end of window last summer.

I’d be pleased if another club did offer Dortmund what they want because it would at least make us move on or pay up.

croadyman

I’m of the mind to agree with you tbh, I know with Sanchez’s wages of the books there saving a sizeable chunk on wages for the next season but I can imagine the money we would raise from the Smalling sale to Roma is much needed. Corona has hit the club hard and it wasn’t it the soundest of financial state before this all happened, with that said I just can’t see how the club would of briefed about personal terms and fees having been agreed last week and how this had been the major stumbling block up to that point and not have the money to carry through on this; These are complicated deals always are with so much money involved and with all that said I think the club is right to say that no player is worth £108m up front in these uncertain times but BvB are entitled to want the best price for a highly saleable asset also.
I have always felt they weren't looking for £108m up front and would be happy to accept it in either 2 or 3 instalments but for a fixed figure and not involving any kind of bonuses or addons which Utd seem to be obsessed with trying to include in this deal. I do believe there will also come a point where they will simply say it doesn't matter if you pay us the asking price we haven't got enough time to get a replacement so he is staying.

RUCK4444

Oh, you mean we wont sign a back up as a full contract, only as a short term loan?
Yeah I assumed the poster I replied to meant that we will likely sign Costa or Perisic as a backup option.

I don’t think we will sign a player like either of those on a permanent deal under Ole. And I don’t believe either are available on loan.

SinNombre

Ighalo is obviously fit and healthy, is a United fan, and was brought on as a short term loan.

Nothing Ole has done so far in the transfer market deserves criticism.

And unlike our previous managers, he has made decisions with the long term benefit of the club in mind.

sewey89

Incorrectly predicted the de Jong transfer 2022

Rumour has it that they posted this accidentally before completing the caption to say ‘will start for Manchester United on Saturday’

Last edited:

Jesse > Messi

I have always felt they weren't looking for £108m up front and would be happy to accept it in either 2 or 3 instalments but for a fixed figure and not involving any kind of bonuses or addons which Utd seem to be obsessed with trying to include in this deal
Think that would be the most sensible way of structuring the deal, it depends on what what sort of add-ons they want to include because if there achievable ones, that he’s actually going to reach then they’re shouldn’t be too much of a problem about but if there unattainable then I can see why Dortmund be insistent on trying to get the maximum financial gain

VanGaalEra

Feel Ed and the board will be under extreme pressure to get this done, the fan backlash from just Reguilon will give Ed Nightmares. I can’t believe we’ll go into the season with just Donny and no outgoings either.

VanGaalEra

I have always felt they weren't looking for £108m up front and would be happy to accept it in either 2 or 3 instalments but for a fixed figure and not involving any kind of bonuses or addons which Utd seem to be obsessed with trying to include in this deal. I do believe there will also come a point where they will simply say it doesn't matter if you pay us the asking price we haven't got enough time to get a replacement so he is staying.
Woody and Judge love their bonuses though!

SinNombre

A lot of you are asking why would Woody and co wait until the last week. There are a lot of reasons (mostly financial so you muppets won't like it).

Let's list them
1. Gets Bvb to pay Sancho additional bonuses (like the 1.5m they had to pay him for England appearances)
2. Belief that Bvb are likelier to cave in given they are the club most dependent on match day revenues in Europe and with covid likely being resurgent, we are unlikely to see fans back in stadiums
3. Q2 earnings. They do not want the Sancho deal to show up in Q2 earnings in which we would otherwise take an operational loss. I would imagine some of the loan deals are tied to the stock price.
4. Savings of 500k in wages if we sign him a month later, which also gives us time to clear up some deadwood to make the books look better.

Obviously many footballing reasons to do it asap.

sewey89

Incorrectly predicted the de Jong transfer 2022

Rumour has it that they posted this accidentally before completing the caption to say ‘will start for Manchester United on Saturday’
Also, just seen that Maguire has liked it. We know full well that he fecking hates England at the minute so....

Probably done deal this.

VanGaalEra

Well we know for sure he won’t be featuring on Saturday, other games coming up, Brighton away and Spurs home.

VanGaalEra

They truly are a comedy double act but the difference being that they aren't actually funny at all, well they are if you support one our rivals
Surely it’s just instructions from the Glazers, they can’t be this stupid

Chief123

For those who wondered why Jan Aage Fjortoft gets so much beef, this video might give you an idea. He is so smug about the Sancho saga.

FreddieTheReddie

He won’t be starting any bloody games for us because he is staying at Dortmund. We need to move on.
I’m not saying he is coming for sure but negative posters like you are becoming really annoying. If you are certain he’s staying in Dortmund why even bother to open this thread?

do.ob

Supports
Borussia Dortmund
For those who wondered why Jan Aage Fjortoft gets so much beef, this video might give you an idea. He is so smug about the Sancho saga.

Isn't this overly cheerful stuff just his (public) personality?

croadyman

Would love us to wipe that smug grin off both his and Falks faces not to mention their entire fanbase,however doesn't look likely at the moment

Dan_F

It just seems like another way of stretching out the payments. I’d imagine they will all be pretty achievable anyway. I dont think they’d turn down the chance to get the correct fee, they’d only have under three months till they could buy a replacement.

If they were as smart as people think they are, then they should have a replacement already.

Status
Not open for further replies.