Jadon Sancho| Staying at Dortmund for now

Status
Not open for further replies.

vanderpants

Sorry to sound stupid but is that Norway reporter even a real person or just someone hiding behind the monitor claiming to be one and Ole’s mate and we are all lapping it up? I have honestly never heard of him until this Sancho saga recently
I'd say he's a spotty teen in his greasy pit surrounded by dirty used Kleenex tissues getting a kick out of it :D

macheda14

Pretty sure he was the first to announce Ole taking over as caretaker after Jose got the sack
Sorry to sound stupid but is that Norway reporter even a real person or just someone hiding behind the monitor claiming to be one and Ole’s mate and we are all lapping it up? I have honestly never heard of him until this Sancho saga recently
I'd say he's a spotty teen in his greasy pit surrounded by dirty used Kleenex tissues getting a kick out of it :D

I think he knew it was happening before most, later on he says he had 'whispers in his ears' about it. So I feel like he's probably connected to someone close to the Ole camp. OR maybe there's another journo who is and this guy got wind of it and is now an absolute chancer.

Dve

Dagbladet is a reliable newpaper, and although they might not always be right, they don´t just make up things. If you look at the wording in the report, though, it goes with the lines of "Allegedly, Ole has recently had conversations with Sancho.. etc.". So obviously the source is not Ole himself, but when Dagbladet are reporting this in bold letters, it´s a sign that they actually put some trust in their source.

SATA

I think he knew it was happening before most, later on he says he had 'whispers in his ears' about it. So I feel like he's probably connected to someone close to the Ole camp. OR maybe there's another journo who is and this guy got wind of it and is now an absolute chancer.
His profile picture. That’s him with Djordjic yes? Weird choice of a picture if you ask me

SinNombre

Matchday actually makes up a larger part of United's revenue than Dortmund's.
Percentages are the same as the other guy already pointed out, but that's obviously not what I was referring to.

It is about operating margin, and it is something which Watzke also said in the comments I copied earlier.

SinNombre

Nobody is paying over the odds for a permanent transfer for an injury prone Dembele with his history of attitude problems and Bartomeu will certainly not let him go for a mere loan unless its a permanent deal for big money a 10m loan deal hardly benefits their finances desperately enough to get rid especially since he`ll be back on their books in a years time anyway its not like Bale`s situation plus he`s 23 and still talented if they cant get a big fee they`ll happily keep him and try to get back his BVB form especially when they`re "rebuilding" with a young team
Sending him on loan for 10m is a €25m saving over the year. It is a lot.

Barca's issue is that they also have all these guys on crazy wages.

do.ob

Supports
Borussia Dortmund
Percentages are the same as the other guy already pointed out, but that's obviously not what I was referring to.

It is about operating margin, and it is something which Watzke also said in the comments I copied earlier.
You mean the quote where he says that they'll only return to black numbers when stadiums are full again? You'll be hard pressed to find a club for which that isn't the case.

Le Red

Poor Ole, he still believes we’re the great club he used to play for. Unfortunately it’s not going to happen, and the Glazers and Woodward will not give a flying feck throwing Ole under the bus if the team doesn’t progress this year.

The Sancho excuse train has already started. The club making it appear they’re working towards a deal. The last ditch effort is simply a show put on by Ed and Joel to pretend we’re pushing for a deal. They really do believe our supporters are that naive.
In the caf there are a lot who actually bought into the "poor little us have no money because covid" routine.

starman

Its time to put this thread on ignore, the constant bumping of it with twitter posts from nobodies who pretend they have a ear in on negotiations is so time consuming thinking there's been actual progress....

Bratt

He’s worked for three of the biggest newspapers/broadcasters in Norway, Dagbladet, VG and TV2, all of them in the sports section.
He has also worked for united.no, the official scandinavian supporter club (started working there in 2009) so him being a real person and a decent sports journalist is beyond doubt.
He’s also made some exclusive articles where he met up with both SAF and Solskjær, so I guess he might have his sources.

And last, but not least, he’s a huge United supporter.

SATA

He’s worked for three of the biggest newspapers/broadcasters in Norway, Dagbladet, VG and TV2, all of them in the sports section.
He has also worked for united.no, the official scandinavian supporter club (started working there in 2009) so him being a real person and a decent sports journalist is beyond doubt.
He’s also made some exclusive articles where he met up with both SAF and Solskjær, so I guess he might have his sources.

Cheers mate. If he’s a huge United supporter, i see no reason he would want to be on a windup towards us following the same football team. Let’s hope his sources are accurate

VanGaalEra

Could you imagine :lol:

Matriac

His profile picture. That’s him with Djordjic yes? Weird choice of a picture if you ask me
I believe it's a play on his twitter banner as well, which is Djordjic with what almost looks like a raised fist towards him, then more friendly in the avi. (The other two are a Norwegian twin teenybopper sensation duo (Marcus og Martinus, started in 2012 Junior Eurovision) that are there cause they are United fans)

It's from an event in Norway last year surrounding the friendly against Kristiansund where the Scandinavian United supporter club invited Djordjic and Blomqvist for Q&A and so on.
In Norwegian: https://www.dagbladet.no/sport/advarer---ikke-drep-en-legende/71441319

He probably found the day interesting and that the avi/banner combo is fun for him as a United fan.

VanGaalEra

Not sure what to make of it anymore, the inner muppet, which is so strong, keeps saying this is happening.

The rest of me, thinks it’s not. I just can’t imagine we’ll go the summer with only Donny as the major incoming.

Then again, Fred/Dalot/Lee Grant sends shivers up my spine.

cyberman

I alluded is to it earlier in the thread, but do we think a few negative results before the window closes would pressurise the club into spending?
Dont think this will happen. A lot of our worries is depth etc which wont come into play so early.
If anything, Mason hitting the ground running could see us back away for a year

Lemansky

Add that he also was a talent himself and first met Ole when he was 10 at a football school (or something like that). It’s on his Twitter.

VP89

Pogba's biggest fan
Strange response that. Is intent the same as actually achieving signing a player?

VDB was an astute bit of business.But as I’ve said in this thread before, it was a straightforward deal helped by the fact VDS is CEO.

Problem with United is we always seem to have one primary target, and then nobody else which causes us to scramble last minute

If we go into the new season with just VDB having missed out on Sancho having failed to identify and sign an alternative, then yes, we have lost the opportunity to strengthen and build on the closing to last season.
Its strange to you because you mistook my post to suggest Regulon is confirmed business.

What I use from the Regulon example and the VDB one, is that we are proving that we can pursue leads whilst chasing Sancho at the same time. So this concept of wasted time isn't really an issue.

Assume we can only put say, 90m to sancho and it's short of 120m. And we think its 50/50 dortmund will eventually succumb this window. I'd rather see us draw this out in the chance they do accept lower, than see us not bother trying all together.

Bratt

The chief editor of the scandinavian supporter site also says in a behind-pay-wall-article that he recieved info tuesday that MUFC still has a high hope of securing Sancho’s signature, and that if he was forced to make a bet on it he would put his money on Sancho joining.

lysglimt

Scout
Yes - I am not saying he is ITK - but he has been working for Norways 2 by far biggest Newspapers, he runs a podcast etc and has basically been working with Norwegian football for about 10 years. So he is more than likely to know OGS

vanderpants

Anyone chipped into the go fund me page for Sancho that some Utd fan has setup? Perhaps Rio could chip into:D

golden_blunder

Site admin. Manchester United fan
Staff
That's what Andy Mitten has said.

I also wouldn't be surprised if the Bruno money came from the summer's budget, leaving us without the money for any kind of transfer that demands a big up front deposit.

I am not that upset that it looks like Sancho won't join United right now. I'm annoyed that United haven't moved on to a more viable target, bought them, and got them integrated with the group. We've seen how hard Havertz has had it: new country, new teammates, need to learn how everyone else play's. Yet we're probably going to go for someone on deadline day and hope they take off as fast as Fernandes. Its poor planning.
Very poor planning for sure. Move on if we can’t afford him, get chiesa or someone else

I reckon we are financially short to complete the sancho deal so unless united find some money down the back of the sofa or Dortmund have a change of heart (why would they?) then this is a lame duck

Chief123

Wonder if Rio would use the same terminology in negotiations if he was DOF.
I would trust Rio to deal with our transfers rather than Woodward and Judge that’s for sure! He can use whatever lingo he likes haha

Chief123

Definitely. Just think this one was in poor taste. From a charity match and putting Chunkz picture to make it "more funny".

I do love that Rio tweet though.
To be fair mate, Chunkz takes the mick out of his size and weight more than anyone else.

Status
Not open for further replies.