Jadon Sancho| Staying at Dortmund for now

Status
Not open for further replies.

croadyman

This has been such a rollercoaster of a saga, but now I concede defeat. With only 6 days left, I don't think we will sign him anymore. We will probably try a lowball offer which will be laughed off at Dortmund and that's that.
Yeah certainly worrying when a top tier source like Bouhafsi is now suggesting only the media are keeping this Sancho deal alive

DevilRed

Just to confirm..

The reason for the latest doom and gloom 'this is over' etc is because a Dortmund player has said he's happy Sancho is staying..?

Despite the widespread reports that we'll bid this week and the ones before that saying we'd bid in October. We're forgetting ALL of that, because one of their players says he's staying?

What the feck else was he gonna say?! :lol:

This is so on. Already done actually.
Reus is a terrible source.

Goldbridge said its done so it must be. :lol:

sammsky1

Pochettino's #1 fan
So weird how this thread has become so polarised. On the one hand you have people who truly believe that this transfer will happen during this window and on the other you have people who are objectively wrong.
because neither know either way :lol:

sammsky1

Pochettino's #1 fan
It's the same for German literally translated. So "if" is not definitive but "that" is definitive.

Do you have an interview without the translator babbling? I personally heard the German "that" (dass) at the beginning to be honest, but can't really tell if that's all to it.
...freu, dass er noch mindestens ein Jahr bleibt -> ...happy he's staying for at least another year

Don't get what he's saying once the voice over starts, too loud
Thanks. So from Reus point of view, he is saying in this interview that Sancho definitely stays another year.

It could be the truth, or the truth as he knows it, or simply what he has been instructed to say.

do.ob

Supports
Borussia Dortmund

"Jadon Sancho won't be sold this season anymore, this isn't just a statement to the outside, but also clearly decided and communicated internally - no matter if Manchester bid €90m, €120m or even €150m." - Funke

man united 4eva

So weird how this thread has become so polarised. On the one hand you have people who truly believe that this transfer will happen during this window and on the other you have people who are objectively wrong.
I still stand by what i posted on the 10th of August.. "The whole Sancho saga has the makings of becoming one of the most unsavoury episodes in the history of RedCafe transfer muppetry".. :D:devil:

RedDevil83

Dortmund could put all this to bed right now, they could get Sancho HIMSELF to come out and say he's staying......

But they haven't, why?

sammsky1

Pochettino's #1 fan

"Jadon Sancho won't be sold this season anymore, this isn't just a statement to the outside, but also clearly decided and communicated internally - no matter if Manchester bid €90m, €120m or even €150m." - Funke
If he's staying, why keep making all these statements? He said it once before in August, why does he keep having to reassure himself?

Rektsanwalt

Supports
Schalke 04
Thanks. So from Reus point of view, he is saying in this interview that Sancho definitely stays another year.

It could be the truth, or the truth as he knows it, or simply what he has been instructed to say.
Right, it could always be, but this feels like grasping at the tiniest straws at this point. Saying as someone who'd love to see Sancho leaving Dortmund.

Sancho to Man Utd this window is absolutely over and it has been since quite some time, only some people - most likely trolling actually - didn't or didn't want to realise this.

sewey89

Incorrectly predicted the de Jong transfer 2022

Basically says 'please pay us 150m, but we'll accept 120m'.

Further confirmation this is done.

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
What I really want to know is what the ITK's on Reddit think about it. They must have heard something.

Brownie85

Mes que un muppet!

Yup because if United rocked up with €120m tomorrow, and given the current climate, Dortmund would definitely reject.

Let's be honest, they can say they won't sell over and over again but if United meet their value, they'll accept. No question about it

BluesJr

Owns the moral low ground
Yes Dortmund would turn down €150m to keep a player one more season :lol:

do.ob

Supports
Borussia Dortmund
If he's staying, why keep making all these statements? He said it once before in August, why does he keep having to reassure himself?
Because someone keeps pushing transfer news to the point of English journalists traveling to Germany to ask questions about it. And German reporters asking about it and getting answers isn't really making grand statements or even much of an effort fo the club.

BluesJr

They can sell next year? It's not like he is leaving for free later..
How many times does this have to be said. The financial climate in football will be worse next year than it is now. They will not get €100m for him next year from any club. That’s just the reality.

Rektsanwalt

Supports
Schalke 04
How many times does this have to be said. The financial climate in football will be worse next year than it is now. They will not get €100m for him next year from any club. That’s just the reality.
How would you know that with such certainty? It is just likely. Guess Dortmund are hoping that the financial climate 2021 in combination with the fact that they have him playing another season are something worth to take a risk for.

BluesJr

How would you know that with such certainty? It is just likely. Guess Dortmund are hoping that the financial climate 2021 in combination with the fact that they have him playing another season are something worth to take a risk for.
Have you watched the news recently?

SATA

I doubt we will even put in a bid (lowball or not) the way things are going right now to be honest. We’ll just leave it at that and move on to other targets

Rektsanwalt

Supports
Schalke 04
Have you watched the news recently?
Did you actually read my post? I clearly said it's likely but not certain.

You can't say those things with such certainty. It's just too complex to predict such a situation, especially under the current circumstances. Goes both ways.

Ronaldo's Love Child

I can't see it happening and the fact Sancho has put zero pressure on leaving makes me wonder if he's really bothered about coming to Utd as well or just wants any top English team to sign him
Exactly! I've said this before.

Listen. I get that he doesn't want to agitate for a move out of his loyalty for Dortmund but......does he want to sign for us or not? If he really wants to sign for United then all parties with an interest in the move need to be applying pressure on Dortmund and that includes Sancho. It's hard enough to conclude transfers for top players as it is. It doesn't help if the player in question acts like he's happy to stay at Dortmund but he'd be quite happy to sign for United if allowed.

FFS. Show some passion for wanting to play for the red shirt Sancho otherwise IF we do sign him I will have a niggling feeling he signed for us as we're one run above Dortmund in terms of his playing CV.

GameOn

This won't happen, simple as that. Better to get over it sooner than later.

sammsky1

Pochettino's #1 fan
Exactly! I've said this before.

Listen. I get that he doesn't want to agitate for a move out of his loyalty for Dortmund but......does he want to sign for us or not? If he really wants to sign for United then all parties with an interest in the move need to be applying pressure on Dortmund and that includes Sancho. It's hard enough to conclude transfers for top players as it is. It doesn't help if the player in question acts like he's happy to stay at Dortmund but he'd be quite happy to sign for United if allowed.

FFS. Show some passion for wanting to play for the red shirt Sancho otherwise IF we do sign him I will have a niggling feeling he signed for us as we're one run above Dortmund in terms of his playing CV.
How can he do that when we haven’t even lodged an official bid for BVB to reject? So far he has nothing to protest against!

Rolaholic

:lol:

sewey89

Incorrectly predicted the de Jong transfer 2022

This won't happen, simple as that. Better to get over it sooner than later.
I think if a failed transfer requires 'getting over' then you've got other issues you need to address.

For what it's worth, it's still on and probs already done. I expect him to make his debut tomorrow night.

Status
Not open for further replies.