Jadon Sancho| Staying at Dortmund for now

Status
Not open for further replies.

RedCurry

The abuse Simon Stone gets is exactly what is wrong with the world. I am all for muppeting around but breaking news does not happen everyday. Yet reporters are under pressure to post something daily.

Most ITKs(in the press and in traditional media) give us tweets on daily and even hourly basis. That is a true sign of someone who knows absolutely feck all. Unfortunately, these nobody’s generate more buzz forcing legit journos to do the same. Rest assured that when an actual development happens, the club will brief Simon Stone about it and he will pass it on to us. In the meantime let’s not disrespect him for refusing to be a sensationalist.

Verified Bird Expert
Scout
The abuse Simon Stone gets is exactly what is wrong with the world. I am all for muppeting around but breaking news does not happen everyday. Yet reporters are under pressure to post something daily.

Most ITKs(in the press and in traditional media) give us tweets on daily and even hourly basis. That is a true sign of someone who knows absolutely feck all. Unfortunately, these nobody’s generate more buzz forcing legit journos to do the same. Rest assured that when an actual development happens, the club will brief Simon Stone about it and he will pass it on to us. In the meantime let’s not disrespect him for refusing to be a sensationalist.
Thanks Simon.

hungrywing

I've been saying for years that Ed should start selling official Man Utd interest to agents to help their negotiations.
Trouble starts when other clubs start doing it to us and everyone else and then a few years later when every move is financially linked to every other one, a single bad transfer causing one club to fall into extreme debt collapses the world football economy.

Jokes aside it might be illegal already. I'm actually wondering if it is.

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off
Really hope we get this one over the line. We've had a lot of muppet dream signings in the Woodward era (Falcao, Schweinsteiger, Di Maria, Zlatan etc ) but this one is different. Sancho is arguably the biggest talent or among the top 2-3 talents of his age group in the world. He's got the sort of quality on the ball that only a handful footballers do. And he's got his best years infront of him and tactically suits us to the tee.

Womp

idiot
In my opinion?

When you watch Sancho, you can easily see how creative he is. He is able to find his teammates inside or on the edge of the box, he can also find his teammates in a pocket of spaces against more compact sides. As highlighted below, he is on the edge of Inter’s box. He sees Brandt making a run beyond Inter’s defensive line and is able to make the pass in the right timing. Very uncommon for someone of his age.
Great insight mate. Ever considered sharing said insight in the form of an article?

:lol:

RedRonaldo

Wishes to be oppressed.
It looks likely we will sign Sancho this summer, in view of this, how would you rate our forwards next season in terms of current ability and potential/talent?

Current Ability
Sancho - 8.8/10 - he is probably top among 6 or 7 player in Europe at the moment (behind Lewandowski, Ronaldo, Messi, Mbappe, De Bruyne), in terms of output and performances
Martial - 8.5/10 - I rate him as top 3 striker in Premier league at the moment (alongside with Kane and Augero)
Rashford - 8.5/10 - probably our best player this season, him or Martial, and one of best wing forward in the league, probably only behind Sterling. When he's on form before his injury, he looks comparable to young Ronaldo at times
Greenwood - 8/10 - he is probably one of the best 18 year old I've ever seen, maybe only behind L.Ronaldo, Mbappe, Rooney, Owen, at the same age.
Ighalo - 7.5/10 - he always does his job when when we needed him. Very good backup options, and a proper no.9 too.
James - 6.5/10 - Pace merchant, abit of headless chicken, but his pace alone is a threat to opponents defender, has couples of assists too.

Potential/Talent
Sancho - 9.3/10
Greenwood - 9/10
Rashford - 8.7/10
Martial - 8.7/10
Ighalo - 7.5/10
James - 7/10

drmuji

We were shit when we had him, imagine him now linking with our attack.

Decent player who unfortunately for him joined at a bad time and wasn't given a fair crack by an under pressure manager, same as Zaha. Both players should never have been sold, talent was obvious.
Thats an interesting point you make. "Decent" is just about the right word for him. He wasn't really extremely talented nor was he very focused. Obviously that incident of Rolls Royce comes to mind. He still hasn't left his ways, by the looks of things.
Don't think as a full package any really big club will take a gamble on him. But he may be a good option for decent side like spurs or valencia

jdotman

It looks likely we will sign Sancho this summer, in view of this, how would you rate our forwards next season in terms of current ability and potential/talent?

Current Ability
Sancho - 8.8/10 - he is probably top among 6 or 7 player in Europe at the moment (behind Lewandowski, Ronaldo, Messi, Mbappe, De Bruyne), in terms of output and performances
Martial - 8.5/10 - I rate him as top 3 striker in Premier league at the moment (alongside with Kane and Augero)
Rashford - 8.5/10 - probably our best player this season, him or Martial, and one of best wing forward in the league, probably only behind Sterling. When he's on form before his injury, he looks comparable to young Ronaldo at times
Greenwood - 8/10 - he is probably one of the best 18 year old I've ever seen, maybe only behind L.Ronaldo, Mbappe, Rooney, Owen, at the same age.
Ighalo - 7.5/10 - he always does his job when when we needed him. Very good backup options, and a proper no.9 too.
James - 6.5/10 - Pace merchant, abit of headless chicken, but his pace alone is a threat to opponents defender, has couples of assists too.

Potential/Talent
Sancho - 9.3/10
Greenwood - 9/10
Rashford - 8.7/10
Martial - 8.7/10
Ighalo - 7.5/10
James - 7/10
I actually think Greenwood has a higher ceiling than Sancho. Sancho is already great at a variety of things and is a well rounded winger with a very good football brain for his age and will become a player of hazards calibre in my opinion. Greenwood's game is actually pretty polished already considering his age, and has ELITE ability with his finishing with BOTH feet, one of the best finishers in the world in my opinion. Although Sancho has a wider skillset right now, I can see Greenwood closing the gap in a couple of years but what will set him apart is his goalscoring ability which cant really be taught and is why his potential is scarily high as he could become an unstoppable player.

lenny_1248

Current Ability

Potential/Talent
Sancho - 9.3/10
Greenwood - 9/10
Rashford - 8.7/10
Martial - 8.7/10
Ighalo - 7.5/10
James - 7/10
Excuse me, but this is a total nonsense.
No way in hell Sancho is a better player now than Tony and Rashford. This is just bullshit.

ruskyline

Current Ability

Potential/Talent
Sancho - 9.3/10
Greenwood - 9/10
Rashford - 8.7/10
Martial - 8.7/10
Ighalo - 7.5/10
James - 7/10
Technically even everyone has the potential to be a 10 one day.

Also from what I've seen of him, he's just another Memphis. Lots of dribbling, lots of errors and lots of goals in a very none comparative league. He's not worth more than 50-60m

Last edited:

amolbhatia50k

Also from what I've seen of him, he's just another Memphis. Lots of dribbling, lots of errors and lots of goals in a very none comparative league. He's not worth more than 50-60m
:lol:

izak

Supports
Glory Glory Red Devils
We should close this deal fast, this shouldn't drag on all summer please Ed, just pay close to their demands! We need him to dribble pass people and create space for the likes of Tony and Bruno, as he is able to play beautifully timed cut backs into dangerous areas. Rashy too would benefit from not being targeted by opposition, as he(Sancho) would drag more attention to himself and pull defenders out of position with dribbles, one twos and runing in behind. Please please Ed sign him up :drool::drool::drool:

Skills

Snitch

Current Ability

Potential/Talent
Sancho - 9.3/10
Greenwood - 9/10
Rashford - 8.7/10
Martial - 8.7/10
Ighalo - 7.5/10
James - 7/10
Should be scoring a 100 league goals as a team?

Lay

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020

Nah he’s a shitter Tosic

Gazza

You said the below in another thread, and you also said your “ideal” transfer window would see sign Sancho for 70m. :lol:

Assuming we will sign Sancho, I fully expect us to break into 80 points and 80 goals for next season. Rash, Martial 25 each Mason 15.

amolbhatia50k

On a serious note, how much do you hope would be United Max offer for him?
Why are you this concerned about the fee? We've broken transfer records before, and are one of the richest clubs on the planet. I'm pretty sure we'll get more value addition from spending an addition 20 million on Sancho than we would utilising that fee elsewhere. Talents like him are hard to come, even moreso one that is English and seemingly wants to come by. As for the fee, I actually don't care. He's a phenomenal talent, that we absolutely need. And he's not going to be available for 80 million. Players like Maguire, Pulisic, Pepe etc have gone for 50-80 million. He's on another level altogether.

RedRonaldo

Wishes to be oppressed.
Excuse me, but this is a total nonsense.
No way in hell Sancho is a better player now than Tony and Rashford. This is just bullshit.
He is youngest among the three, and he has 20 goals and 18 assist this season, only Messi has better numbers in terms of both goals and assists.
Although you may argue Germany league is nothing when compared with the great Premierleague. But the way I see it, after witnessing Bruno dominating Preimerleague last couple of months, coming from lowly Portugal league, I see no reason why Sancho couldn't repeat that too. He has amazing skills and technique to begin with afterall. He also done quite well against Barca in CL this season.

Also, I only rate him 0.3 point higher than Rashford and Martial, that's only marginally better.

Shiva87

Not sure if this has already been posted but what a tease by these guys! They are all transfer muppets:

I know it's a Nike advert and all, but guys please!

Gazza

On a serious note, how much do you hope would be United Max offer for him?
I am not that bothered. I imagine the fee we end up paying is one we are comfortable with, in terms of value for money and in terms of prioritizing our transfer business and whatever remains after the Sancho deal.

We overpaid massively for Maguire, to take a random example, but to my mind the larger issue is that he doesn’t solve enough of the issues we had before he arrived. If we had saved ~20mil on the fee, it wouldn’t have changed my opinion all that much.

ruskyline

Why are you this concerned about the fee? We've broken transfer records before, and are one of the richest clubs on the planet. I'm pretty sure we'll get more value addition from spending an addition 20 million on Sancho than we would utilising that fee elsewhere. Talents like him are hard to come, even moreso one that is English and seemingly wants to come by. As for the fee, I actually don't care. He's a phenomenal talent, that we absolutely need. And he's not going to be available for 80 million. Players like Maguire, Pulisic, Pepe etc have gone for 50-80 million. He's on another level altogether.
Great point. My main concern is we spend our entire budget on him and we won't be able to address the other areas such as CDM and CB. Other than that, I have no concern about how much we spend.

amolbhatia50k

Great point. My main concern is we spend our entire budget on him and we won't be able to address the other areas such as CDM and CB. Other than that, I have no concern about how much we spend.
Our attack has been our achilles heel for years now. Our goalscoring numbers for the last 7 years including the last year where our front three got a lot of praise are rubbish. So I'd first ensure we are a creative and freescoring football that isn't hamstrung by an inability to create chances easily. Besides, Ole has already spent 130 odd million on the defense. While I'd also like to see a number of areas strengthened, I'd prioritise it as below:
1) Right wing - Sancho
2) CM who can playmake in deep areas (whether a DLP or a CM)
3) Attacking fullback
4) CB

And I think it's unlikely anyway that we are going to challenge or win the title next season. So this rebuild will take more time. We aren't adding every piece this summer. Given I can't see an elite CM or attacking fullback available who is on Sancho's tier of talent, I'd prefer us prioritising him. Naturally one signing isn't enough for the entire summer.

Jackal981

Don’t reply to this troll, see his thread at newbie forum. Americans and their obsession with mindless stats. He wanted us to get Willian ffs. Another gold stuff he said, Rooney is not a generational talent (while admitting he wasn’t born at the time Rooney tore Euro 2004) and the funniest thing he said is that he never watched those players he mentioned, just highlights :lol:

amolbhatia50k

Articles over the last day of him preferring Liverpool. Reeks of a story to get United fans fretful.

ruskyline

Our attack has been our achilles heel for years now. Our goalscoring numbers for the last 7 years including the last year where our front three got a lot of praise are rubbish. So I'd first ensure we are a creative and freescoring football that isn't hamstrung by an inability to create chances easily. Besides, Ole has already spent 130 odd million on the defense. While I'd also like to see a number of areas strengthened, I'd prioritise it as below:
1) Right wing - Sancho
3) Attacking fullback
4) CB

And I think it's unlikely anyway that we are going to challenge or win the title next season. So this rebuild will take more time. We aren't adding every piece this summer. Given I can't see an elite CM or attacking fullback available who is on Sancho's tier of talent, I'd prefer us prioritising him. Naturally one signing isn't enough for the entire summer.
Wow props to you! I've never seen anyone to suggest this position this summer! Hopefully Luke is back 100% fit for the end of Europa League so we don't have to rely on William to attack when playing against tough opponents.

ruskyline

He only saw Sancho via highlights, search his comment at other thread.
If for some reason Luke doesn't play 100% next season in important matches, you can bet that we will drop points. Finding a proper replacement for Luke, helping Maguire with another CB are the specific positions that I am hoping our club to pay attention too. This is not to say RW (Sancho is not important)

pixel

1) Right wing - Sancho
3) Attacking fullback
4) CB

This is quickly threatening to turn into a broken record.

SteveW

Have you watched him play much? His vision and intelligence in the final 3rd is amongst the best I've ever seen in a young player. In general play he's quick and sharp like Rashford and Martial but with much better vision and more precise in what he does. Fewer bad touches, fewer misplaced passes, better decisions.

He would bring up the level of the attack and be the perfect challenge to help them all become better. Having 3 of Rashford, Greenwood, Sancho and Martial on the pitch and the other as a weapon from the bench each game would be pretty lethal. All 4 are capable of playing at least 2 of the 3 positions so it will allow us to rotate and rest so that they are all consistently fresh all season. We've another couple of squad gaps to fill but Sancho absolutely needs to be the number one priority. With Pogba and Bruno providing service we will massacre most PL teams.

E-mal

Current Ability

Potential/Talent
Sancho - 9.3/10
Greenwood - 9/10
Rashford - 8.7/10
Martial - 8.7/10
Ighalo - 7.5/10
James - 7/10
In terms of current ability Martial is ahead of them due to his consistency in the last six months and his ability to do everything to a good extent.
With potential it is difficult to say as Rashford is the most explosive of them all but when it comes to composure and clinical ability, Greenwood is better.
Sancho while a creative force, he isnt as explosive as Rashford and that will give its limitations in big games where that extra yard on goal makes the difference.
So in current ability Martial, Sancho=Rashford, then Greenwood
Potentially I'd go Rashford=Greenwood, Sancho and then Martial strictly because of current ability vis-a-vis age factor.
The reason I feel Sancho has some limitations is because the expectation on a wing forward has changed and more goal scoring and explosiveness is now required but Jadon's trajectory is more towards being a creative force.

I hope in my ramblings I made some sense.

Isotope

Ten Years a Cafite
I wonder why City is not heavily linked with him. They have the money, and he certainly has a place on their team. Thus the don't need to rely heavily on Sterling.

SteveW

1) Right wing - Sancho
3) Attacking fullback
4) CB

I 100% believe that player is already at the club and is called Ethan Laird.

Judas

Open to offers
I wonder why City is not heavily linked with him. They have the money, and he certainly has a place on their team. Thus the don't need to rely heavily on Sterling.
Apart from the obvious reason that Pep literally publicly said they weren't interested and mocked the general notion of him returning to City, it seems most things point to Sancho having no real interest in going back there either. He's got no real love for City.

Status
Not open for further replies.