Jadon Sancho| Staying at Dortmund for now

Status
Not open for further replies.

United58

I've been following Utd since the 90's. I'm 38. And the Sancho transfer is definitely one of the most exciting I've looked forward to. It will be a joy to watch him play with our current attack.

The transfers I was this excited about previously were probably Veron. Ruud Van Nistelrooy, Ferdinand and Ronaldhino (even though this was a heart breaker!)
Jesus, that one must have been a bitter blow to follow. Mind you, the Portuguese fella (can't remember his name) we signed instead wasn't too bad...

cyberman

Jesus, that one must have been a bitter blow to follow. Mind you, the Portuguese fella (can't remember his name) we signed instead wasn't too bad...
Rumour had it that we were signing Cristiano anyway.
Im still bitter about that transfer. Kenyon literally changed the course of football history with his bullshit.
And with Robben on the left too! Ah feck me..

groovyalbert

it's a mute point
Be interesting to see if we want to get Sanchez off the books before this is announced regarding number 7 marketing or not.

I know we wouldn't necessarily have to have sold Sanchez before for this to happen, but it would impact our bargaining stance on demanding a fee if we've already publicly given up his number.

Red Company

Supports
The Peaky Blinders

Not sure what's going on, we seem to be going in circles. But Bild saying something similar to what Daniel Harris said.
Yessssiiiirrrrrr! This deal is a win-win for both parties!

I might be getting ahead of myself but 70 upfront means we can safely bring in at least 2 more players (maybe 3 with further outgoings), and we could potentially mount a title challenge right away.

It's the final countdown muppets.
:drool:

Riz

Not many deals are all the money up front, no. Maguire was, as was CR7 to Madrid back in the day.
Didn’t know that about Ronaldo. Makes that transfer window of Valencia, Obertan, Diouf and Owen for a combined £20-25m look even worse now with £80m in the bank (and losing Tevez). That was probably the equivalent of £200m in today’s market, coming off the back of 2 consecutive CL finals and 3 consecutive league’s we should have made serious moves. Lucky Fergie was a genius to make up for the lack of investment.

kafta

Perpetual Under 11's Team Player
So is the source from Germany credible? If it is, i hope it gets done this week.

Riz

Be interesting to see if we want to get Sanchez off the books before this is announced regarding number 7 marketing or not.

I know we wouldn't necessarily have to have sold Sanchez before for this to happen, but it would impact our bargaining stance on demanding a fee if we've already publicly given up his number.
Could be I suppose but I doubt we have much of a stance on that front anyway. Inter already know we want him out by now.

YAMS49

Didn’t know that about Ronaldo. Makes that transfer window of Valencia, Obertan, Diouf and Owen for a combined £20-25m look even worse now with £80m in the bank (and losing Tevez). That was probably the equivalent of £200m in today’s market, coming off the back of 2 consecutive CL finals and 3 consecutive league’s we should have made serious moves. Lucky Fergie was a genius to make up for the lack of investment.
Yeah I think the plan was to play Valencia, Obertan & Diouf all at once to make up for CR7.... 14 players might have worked.

pascell

I don't know if it's just me but that reads like they'll get the full €120m, without any clauses being triggered through performances.

That would be a poor deal from our side, having performance related clauses in the deal would mean we've had some sort of success.

E-mal

"Jadon Sancho going left, going right, worrying Laporte, goal!!!
Welcome to Manchester United Jadon Sancho.
Jadon Sancho, member of manchester united family "
"They say the boy can play, the boy can play"

Adnan

Talent Spotter
I don't know if it's just me but that reads like they'll get the full €120m, without any clauses being triggered through performances.

That would be a poor deal from our side, having performance related clauses in the deal would mean we've had some sort of success.
Bild are citing a English source which according to SW isn't the English media.

So According to Bild if such a offer was to be made it would get accepted.

do.ob

Supports
Borussia Dortmund

That's indeed what Bild are writing: that United can't pay €120m upfront because of Corona, so they supposedly want to offer this three year plan.

sport2793

That's indeed what Bild are writing: that United can't pay €120m upfront because of Corona, so they supposedly want to offer this three year plan.
United will probably frame it as add ons that are "easily achievable", meaning there is 100% chance they get paid.

MyOnlySolskjaer

Creator of Player Performance threads
So is the source from Germany credible? If it is, i hope it gets done this week.
Bild has a good reputation mostly.

But the pattern usually is:
1) German media confirms something,
2) then the English will jump on it and confirm/deny
3) Romano will give the official confirmation.
Then some fake ITK from twitter will confirm that he knew it all along.

Let's see if it goes that way.

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
Honestly I think 120m euros is a fair figure for a player of his talent anyway.

If we can spread it across 3 years then perfect, that leaves us enough money for grealish also :drool:

croadyman

Yessssiiiirrrrrr! This deal is a win-win for both parties!

I might be getting ahead of myself but 70 upfront means we can safely bring in at least 2 more players (maybe 3 with further outgoings), and we could potentially mount a title challenge right away.

:drool:
I could still see us getting a cheap young CB and Grealish, yes I know what Villa keep saying about the £80m but would be very surprised if Utd are prepared to just give this up and obviously Jack needs to push it too. There is a very strong chance he decides to stay but still think this saga has plenty of mileage before that is the final outcome.

Paxi

Dagestani MMA Boiled Egg Expert
Remember that myself. As a 13 year old it was devastating. Finding out on teletext. Beckham leaving at the same time was absolutely horrible as well.

Gazza

Bild has a good reputation mostly.

But the pattern usually is:
1) German media confirms something,
2) then the English will jump on it and confirm/deny
3) Romano will give the official confirmation.
Then some fake ITK from twitter will confirm that he knew it all along.

Let's see if it goes that way.
I think we’ve seen Daniel Harris get there first this time tbh. He doesn’t bullshit and said basically what Bild are now saying a few day’s ago

croadyman

I think we’ve seen Daniel Harris get there first this time tbh. He doesn’t bullshit and said basically what Bild are now saying a few day’s ago
Yeah if he has called it right then definitely should be in line for a promotion up the tier list

Status
Not open for further replies.